Want a switch

>want a switch
>know as soon as a buy one they will announce the gen 2 model

What do?

Fucking buy one so I don't have to keep waiting for the revision.

Don't buy one.

>know as soon as a buy one they will announce the gen 2 model
You mean the next console.

>they will announce the gen 2 model
For handheld maybe, but not console.

Then again, the switch hovers between the realm of handheld and console...

consoles don't get revisions, only handhelds

>he thinks a revision is coming anytime before 2019

>wanting a 3 hour battery for gaming
hahah most games take like 100 hours

It hasn't even been on the market for a year, it took the 3DS 5 years to get a real upgrade (N3DS) and the PS4 and Xbone about the same time to get the Pro and X upgrades.
If you dont like the form factor they might announce a different form factor in like 2-3 years.

Damn microshaft and sony don't seem to be aware of this

in a few years they'll announce it yeah. If you can wait that long then godspeed

Consider
>how many games that are currently out do I want to play?
>how many games are upcoming that I might want to play?
>do I want to wait to play what's on it?
>can I spare the money for it right now?
And so on before you buy it.
>wii mini
>slim playstation
user.

Didn't the Wii get 2 revisions? One that looked the same but had the GC compatibility taken away and another one that was the Wii Mini?

No revision is coming any time soon. If you want one buy it now.

It's only been 1 year. Waiting 2+ years for an update/upgrade is pretty stupid in my opinion.

>What are save points

If mario is a 9+/10 I plan on buying one.

>they didn't do this with NES
>they didn't do this with SNES
>they didn't do this with N64
>they didn't do this with Gamecube
>they """"technically"""" did this with Wii but all consoles played the same games
>they didn't do this with Wii U
>"WHEN IS THE 2ND GEN OF SWITCH COMING REEEEEE I'M NOT SPENDING MONEY BAWWWWWW IT'S GONNA HAPPEN YOU FUCKING FAGS JUST LET ME PLAY MARIO ON MY PS4"

It's max comfy OP. If it gets a revision it'll take a while still, it hasn't even been a year yet.

All the good confirmed Switch games are either a non-exclusive, a port, or not out yet anyway.

the switch is a handheld, and nintendo has done it with every handheld multiple times

Well on the bright side, the earlier models will be the easier ones to mod, if you're into that

The WiiU didn't have glaring hardware issues to fix, neither did the rest of their consoles other than the DS line.

>Charger on the bottom
>Screen scratched by dock
>Bad joycon reception

They'll make a smaller switch or a revision in a year and a half.

sorry you're such a faggot that you want to invest $400+ into a cheap fisher price tablet so you can waste away hours starring at screen and moving your thumbs while simultaneously letting your prime years slip away/

botw is much better on Switch though.
I agree with MK8 on the other hand

Won't be another year or two, depending on how many people actually end up wanting the Switch.
The DS got the DS Lite due to high demand, 3DS got the 3DS XL over a year later, and so on.

Considering how it works pretty good with their handhelds, and how Sony and MS are doing it with their current systems, it is bound to happen, just not in like at least 5 years.

just buy one, faggots

>Charger on the bottom
That's pretty dumb I agree
You really need a tempered glass screen protector anyway as it's portable.
>Bad joycon reception
Not a problem in current models, there already is a revision on the market that fixes this. Mine has perfect reception, bought it last week.

Just sell the gen1 model as they announce a gen2

They weren't really "revisions" in the way people expects like the New 3DS's and PS4 Pros.
It was just reshuffling really.

Sell your old switch.

The Switch revision will come out alongside Pokemon.
More affordable version for the parents and kids.
Like the 2DS was.

>>Screen scratched by dock
I keep on seeing people saying this but no real proof of it.

>Charger on the bottom
I can see why that might be an issue if wanting to play table top mode, but thats pretty much it, rather not have it on top.
Not an issue anymore, roommate and I got a system each and not a single scratch, at least on his, I put a glass screen protector on it just like I do on any device with a screen.
>Bad joycon reception
Not an issue, that thing has been fixed for a while

Well, what if it happens again where they take shit away to make it "cheaper"?

I think the scratches on the screen might be the proof that the dock scratches the screen.

Just maybe.

>they didn't do this with NES
>they didn't do this with SNES

You were saying?

>I put a glass screen protector on it just like I do on any device with a screen.

So now everyone's has a glass screen protector? No?

If the vita can have a glass screen, so can the switch. There's no excuse.

if it does get a revision, the longer you wait, the more you fuck yourself in the ass

You know, when people say "proof" they're looking for something that confirms the existence of the subject matter not just words.

Food for thought.

>have had a switch since launch
>not a single screen scratch and I don't have a screen protector

what the fuck are some of ya'll doing with your Switches? Take better care of your shit

The only images of scratched Switches were done by means other than the dock like a knife. You can tell because they're deep, thing gouges not consistent with a flat plastic surface.

i have some tiny ones on the right bezel. you can't see them unless move it around in the light though and look closely. it's due to a warped dock, even though i was always extra careful. i keep a microfiber cloth in front of it now. might try to heat and bend the dock out at some point.

My roommate has his without anything and it's good, nothing has happened on his.
I just did it because its more of a habit.

>it's due to a warped dock
Did you keep that thing next to a radiator or something? Why didn't you return it?

>tfw sunshine was the very first console game I owned

They just had to make the one game that'd make me put everything off and buy their damn console.

>BotW
I'll never fall for the open world meme.

>MK8 Deluxe
Already got it on the Wii U.

>Kirby
I've been tired of 2D platformers for a very long time now.

>Splatoon 2
I enjoyed the first game but it isn't nearly enough to be a system seller for me.

>Xenoblade 2
Never liked the battle system of the games.

>no bluetooth headphone support or even controller aux, paid online, super expensive traditional controller

>Super Mario Odyssey
Fuck you Nintendo I got the damn bundle preordered.

>bluetooth headphone support
No console has this why do people assume the switch was going to?

Dude, the fucking NES had a reversion your moron. Its been a thing since the 80s

If it makes you feel better the new update gave the Switch support for Wireless USB headsets

Because the switch isn't just a console, it's a portable hybrid. Even the vita had bluetooth support. And the fact that it's 2017 so it really wouldn't cost anything.

sucks to be you I guess.

Not so much as a scratch on mine. and even if I had one? fuck it, this isn't an ancient relic that needs to be in gem mint condition under a glass container. I take this thing on the road and I expect it to get a little worn here and there (and mine hasn't thus far. it's held up like a champ)

Well, if you keep putting it off, they'll eventually release a revision. I don't see that happening for a while. At least a year or two.

it's also a console and nintendo hasn't done so with every one.

>tfw my bass fell chipped the side of my switch
I mean, It's still fine and the screen isn't scratched but things like that just irk me.

Were those consoles powered up in any way? Did they improve functionality in any way? Were there games that could only be played on those consoles? The answer to all of those is no. Quit posting dumb shit you found on google.

I'd have to spend another fuckload of money if I want a comfortable pair. Doesn't seem worth it just to exclusively use with the switch.

it came that way from the factory. it's not uncommon. the scratches are hard enough to see that i didn't think it was doing anything and had just enough clearance on the right side.
there were no switches in stock. i wasn't going to return it.

Buy one now, and when the revision is released buy that one too.

You're not poor are you?

Mine is only a few months old and it has a stuck pixel, shit sucks.

>it's not uncommon
It's pretty rare to get one that's warped to start dude.
Even then why didn't you just contact Nintendo for a replacement?

The next model is just going to be a dedicated handheld model with fewer features and a lower price tag.

>Gameboy: 1989
>Pocket: 1996
>Light(JP): 1998
>Gameboy Color: 1998
===
>GBA: 2001
>GBA SP: 2003
>GBA Micro: 2005
===
>DS: 2004(late)
>DS Lite: 2006
>DSi: 2008
>DSi XL: 2009
===
>3DS: 2011
>2DS: 2013
>New 3DS: 2014
>New 2DS: 2017
===
So tl:dr
Good fucking luck waiting for Rev 2 of Switch

reason is in my post. didn't see a need to, since i didn't notice the scratches. shills online saying it doesn't scratch. doesn't matter though. i don't look for them.

literally impossible, hardware required is too big to be reduced

How many years later did the Wii mini come out?

>Handhelds
>Not listing consoles Not like you can though none of the consoles have had hardware upgrades like that.

I can't wait for nintendo to finish phasing out its handhelds for this giant awkward clunky piece of shit

Console revisions are 3-5 years you have a long wait.

Its even grimmer for Home Consoles.
NES: 1983, first total revision in 1993
SNES: 1990 release, Rev 2 in 1997

That won't be true next year.
They can also strip out HD rumble and the IR sensor, shrink the LCD, and give it a smaller SSD. That plus integrated controllers and no included dock or Joy Con accessories will cut the cost to manufacture pretty significantly.

>They can also strip out HD rumble and the IR sensor
You mean the things that some games literally require?
Fat chance.

They don't need to do revisions. Just sell an upgraded tablet with better graphics and more battery life so more developers can get on board.

I don't see how they could refine the Switch's hybridity any more.

>That won't be true next year.
stopped reading right there, tech may increase but its not magic it will be tens years before it could be substantially smaller

They're not going to do intergrated controllers at any point user.
1) Because it acts as a method of syncing the controllers
2) Because it destroys the point of the system
3) Some games require you to use the joycons separately

>Not a problem in current models, there already is a revision on the market that fixes this. Mine has perfect reception, bought it last week.
It was actually fixed in a firmware update iirc.

Doesn't Nintendo release a new model every 13 months on average?

What?
No it's something like 2 to 3 years at a time.

>gen 2 model
haha no

it's wiiu 2.0

3rd party titles are drying up

The Vita does not have a fucking glass screen.

Which is why it's getting more and more with each passing day, right?

Load up the web browser, go to a site that flashes colors on the screen to fix stuck pixels. Leave it running for 4-5 minutes and if still stuck with the color flashing thing still going take a soft cloth and rub the area of the screen, pressing hard enough to flex the display ever so slightly (you want to press /just/ hard enough to get the color distortion effect).
Doing this fixes 90% of all stuck pixels, never not had it work for me.

what can they actually revise though?

battery life is the only really lacking point to be improved
making it smaller would be shit
making it bigger would be shit
if they make it cheaper it is almost certainly gonna be at the cost of the screen
what is everyone so scared that they will improve?

nice source

so all those devs who were paid to support it, are they releasing any more games for it? no? how about monster hunter? no?

>Drying up
>More Third party games coming to Switch in the next 3 months than Wii U had in the last 3 years

Nice shitpost fag

I wish they would, I don't give a fuck about Nintendo's consoles
But it's not like the Switch will ever have a library like the DS and 3DS so it might not even matter

I like how the only thing you can say is "b-but monster hunter..." when it literally had an MH game two months ago.

See like & Average is like 2-4 years. Even more if the system's core design is solid.
So IF a Rev 2 arrives, its either in 2019, or when Switch 2 is announced, to compete/end of life with Switch 2 for a last stretch of sales and software push.
Because for home consoles with good sales, they did a Rev 2 to keep up support while launching its successor.

>goes into instant fanboy rage
read what i said. yes, right now lots of games are releasing because ninty paid them to do so but if you really think they're going to keep releasing for it you're functionally retarded?

>battery life is the only really lacking point to be improved

I will it explain it to you.
Did you see how the Switch looks "inside"?
How the tech is packed?How the battery is placed?
If no look it up the battery inside the Switch is fucking huge. Is has the biggest capacity of all handhelds ever created and surpasses every smartphone easily.
The only way to obtain a better battery life is to make the battery even bigger.
This would result in a bigger Switch console and whats the point of that.

The current battery tech is actually limiting Nintendo not their greed

Some ergonomics would be nice. The Switch hurts your palms after a while if you're playing it while lying down.

>because ninty paid them
Do you honestly believe that Nintendo would pay each and every developer.

>the absolute state of nintendo fanboys
ipad pro beats the shit out of it's battery

>botw is much better on Switch though.
why?

Not unknown indies obviously but big publishers? Of course. They wanted to distance themselves from the shit they pulled with the wiiu so i'm fairly sure it was really important to have lots of 3rd party deals for it's launch

They originally thought the DS was literally as small as could be.
Then they released the DS Lite.

There's no reason they can't sync controllers wirelessly with a firmware update. The dedicated handheld model would simply require separate controllers for any game that won't work in handheld mode.

>it destroys the point of the system
You mean like a 3DS with no 3D?

The point of the dedicated handheld is to sell it to kids as a"starter" system, just like the 2DS. I think it will do really well with Pokemon.

Do any games besides 1-2-Switch even use the IR sensor? I honestly can't even imagine a use case outside of minigame collections.

Why the fuck are joy cons 80 fucking dollars?

>Claim stupid shit that isnt true
>Point out the stupid shit that isnt true
>LOL WHY ARE YOU FANBOY RAGING

Fuck off allready kid its annoying

>literally the fastest-selling Nintendo console of all time and outpacing all of its competition
don't have a kek that's kek enough

because Nintendo knows that you'll play it

Honestly as long as they don't pull the New 3DS nonsense again and make the Switch 2.0 with a better APU so it can play games mine can't, I'll be alright with that. I've already bought this fucking thing to play like 2 or 3 games in the first year of its life cycle, I'm not interested in buying another.