Lol

Gabriel Carter
Gabriel Carter

One of the most inventive, fun indie games ever made is obscure weebshit that noone will ever play

lol

All urls found in this thread:
https://steamspy.com/app/70400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvOjLIVYAzs
Carson Williams
Carson Williams

Sup Forums loves Recettear, dumbass.

Mason Butler
Mason Butler

If you want to post in this thread you need to pay me personally 300pix.
Also: try my brand new Recette Mystery Boxes, only 1000pix each!

Leo Sullivan
Leo Sullivan

Shitloads of people played it, dumbass. It sold gangbucks on Steam and was actually one of the first "Japanese" titles on it. Most stuff before it was westernshit.

Too bad carpe fulgur squandered their luck and had their main dude nearly commit suicide.

Noah Flores
Noah Flores

That has nothing to do with the fact that it's still obscure weebshit that nobody will ever play.

Eli Nguyen
Eli Nguyen

CAPITALISM HO

Jace Morris
Jace Morris

go to dungeon, thinking if i get far enought, Dosh will roll in
get to endgame after rerolling with all my cash twice
later watch someone just stay inshop, buying everything thats at high price and selling it at an even higher
tfw he beats the game easy

Dylan Myers
Dylan Myers

Steamspy shows owners at 533,409 ± 22,442. Doesn't seem like "no one" to me.

Noah Parker
Noah Parker

Recettear is like the Call of Duty of doujin games

You really don't know what obscure really means if you're using it on Recettear

Isaac Gray
Isaac Gray

I was considering getting this game. Sell me on it, Sup Forums.

Thomas Martinez
Thomas Martinez

The general public only play moba, fps and sport games anyway. Why do you care?

It's well known and enjoyed by enthusiasts.

Sebastian Ramirez
Sebastian Ramirez

Just try the demo and see if you like it or not

Colton Myers
Colton Myers

What fucking demo

Eli Diaz
Eli Diaz

I'm gonna fuck your ass for 300 pix, thats what im gonna do.
Bend over

Samuel Rivera
Samuel Rivera

I'll sell you this game at a 15% discount, wow! What a deal! You're buying, right?

Jaxson Sullivan
Jaxson Sullivan

Is it $500?

Ryan Williams
Ryan Williams

The demo of the fucking game?

Daniel Rogers
Daniel Rogers

Funny thing is the japs never gave a shit about Recettear, it was just another moeshit indie game to add to the pile for them. Try looking up fanart of it, you'll see like 99% of it is done by non-jps.

Xavier Sanders
Xavier Sanders

I know that feeling.

Jace Miller
Jace Miller

That's too high. Lower the price.

Grayson Flores
Grayson Flores

Are there any other games with dungeon crawling like Recettears? The cute 2D sprites and the realtime mystery dungeon style combat was really fun, especially with the different characters you could play as.

Oliver Brooks
Oliver Brooks

It beat fucking Civilization V on sales during the release week. It's niche but it's not unknown.

John Young
John Young

Hmmmmm, I'll go to... 17%! How about now? Think about it, the market stalls will only charge you the base price, this is practically a steal.

Jackson Nelson
Jackson Nelson

I'm not going to sell you the game. It's easily pirated. Go play it and decide for yourself.

Bentley Bennett
Bentley Bennett

i had it with these mother bunking little girls, in my mother bunking shop!

Tyler Ortiz
Tyler Ortiz

Threads of Fate and Chantelise.

Gabriel Nelson
Gabriel Nelson

Sorry, Duo Princess based off Threads of Fate

Daniel Thompson
Daniel Thompson

when you sell overpriced gear to your own mercenaries

Parker Phillips
Parker Phillips

steam://install/70410
Put this in your address bar with steam open.

Jordan Carter
Jordan Carter

Lemme just dig up this ancient Sup Forums scroll, it might be of use to someone.

Owen Evans
Owen Evans

Hey user. Want to buy a dolphin wallpaper?

Jose Richardson
Jose Richardson

You don't know what niche means.And stop using "weebshit" like a 12 years old.

Jayden Powell
Jayden Powell

magic sword in window just for Louie
he buys a fucking cheese

Carter Robinson
Carter Robinson

I will eat you alive.

Nathan Clark
Nathan Clark

"Look, bitch. I'm going to buy this girl's school uniform and force my brother to wear it, and you're going to sell it to me for 60% of the wholesale price, capiche?"

Dylan Lewis
Dylan Lewis

It's not 'overpriced' if they voluntarily paid for it.

Mason Evans
Mason Evans

It's hard to explain why it's fun, it just is.

There's enough variation in the repetition that it becomes addicting. At it's core, all you're doing is buying/finding items and selling them, but how you go about this is up to you. You can go for a massive stock of cheaper items, a smaller stock of expensive items, abuse the local economy and stockpile specific types of goods and wait for them to go back up in pricing, etc. Something I really like is how the dungeon crawling isn't forced on you. You can do a playthrough of the game where you don't step into a single dungeon, or never buy a single item and get all your stock from the dungeons.

Also, just as a friendly warning, a lot of the content in the game is unlocked via secret cutscenes that only appear under certain circumstances with certain characters, so keep that in mind before playing the game.

Ryan Cook
Ryan Cook

I did three new game+ playthroughs and 50+ hours just to save her.

It was all worth it.

Brayden Bennett
Brayden Bennett

I play this all the time

Cameron Williams
Cameron Williams

Indie game
Pushed 533 k sales
Huh Huh

Cameron Cook
Cameron Cook

are you retarded?
it is a literal meme game. and was such a commercial succes that the studio still lives of it to this day.

That is like saying EYE or STALKER are obscure.

Henry Jones
Henry Jones

But this game is the main reason we get a lot of japanese games on steam

Ethan Bell
Ethan Bell

all these plebs who can't into price discrimination

Lincoln Sanchez
Lincoln Sanchez

stop using weebshit like a 12 years old

It's weebshit lol.

It's a really fun game don't get me wrong, but it's literally as weeby as it gets.
are you retarded because you didn't know this thing about muh favorite vidya?
You can tell this guy hosted an anime club in highschool

Jeremiah Gonzalez
Jeremiah Gonzalez

They really do need to make a sequel

Angel Parker
Angel Parker

He thought this WASN'T how you were supposed to curbstomp the weekly payments

Joshua Kelly
Joshua Kelly

the series is called Carpe Fulgur
store.steampowered.com/sub/15400

Sebastian Wilson
Sebastian Wilson

wtf, what category are vending machines in that people would want them?

Jack Collins
Jack Collins

I meant a sequel to this.

Juan Perez
Juan Perez

Carpe Fulgur is the Western publisher's name.

Parker Collins
Parker Collins

What's in your loot crates, Ms Recette?

Parker Green
Parker Green

Literally the best strategy in this game that isn't full autismo is just buying things when their prices decrease and then reselling them as soon as their prices normalize.

Or just go into the endgame dungeons and get godlike endgame loot, although you probably wont unlock those until your 2nd or 3rd playthrough.

Jordan Cook
Jordan Cook

maybe because buying games with little girls on the cover makes you look like a pedo

Henry Cook
Henry Cook

Pretty sure they count as Metal. You can also stock vending machines with vending machines, so you always get people randomly buying them.

Lucas Smith
Lucas Smith

nobody

literally over 300.000 copies sold

hmm

Lucas King
Lucas King

Fuck those little Jew girls. They will always ask you to lower the price. Just quote the same price 2x and tell em' to fugg off.

Robert Ward
Robert Ward

Metal objects likely

You only get out to dungeons for rare materials to fuse into items and only once you have your weekly goal covered.

Kevin Taylor
Kevin Taylor

Read the filename, fag.

Jason Scott
Jason Scott

It's been a few years, I don't remember people buying vending machines, let alone them going on sale.

I guess this is good to know for my next playtrhough.

Juan Bell
Juan Bell

this one

Eli Murphy
Eli Murphy

Trying a little too hard there.

Matthew Nguyen
Matthew Nguyen

Oh you know, wooden bracelets, apples, wooden bracelets, it could be anything, even an apple!

Adrian Roberts
Adrian Roberts

koreans actually

Owen Lewis
Owen Lewis

literally over 300.000 copies sold

Levi Cox
Levi Cox

In Europe, the usage of ',' and '.' are reversed for numbers.

John Bell
John Bell

people still sell at 105% price for the perfect guess bonus not knowing that threre's actually a 125-130% perfect guess bonus
people still bitch about a little girl being unable to buy stuff when they haven't leveled her up
You people don't know shit about REAL profit

Jacob Powell
Jacob Powell

There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who don't understand why they're fucking up with the little girl.

Newsflash: Unless you're a retard who always asks for potentially combo-breaking percentages, that's not the problem. You're presenting things she can't afford. Either you suck at levelling your customers up, or you're showing them something worth more than 60,000 pix (only 2 books and absolutely nothing from the merchant's guild exceed that)

Also, if they ask for something off the shelf, they don't have a price ceiling ever, so shit like this literally cannot happen. Now quit sucking ass at capitalism, you commies.

Brody Clark
Brody Clark

Any good games similar to Recettear?

John Edwards
John Edwards

nope

Jason Murphy
Jason Murphy

I had no idea

Jack Roberts
Jack Roberts

The game is literally Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana & ESG's previous game Chantelise put together.
And Chantelise is literally Threads of Fate, Zelda:OoT, and an idie game budget put together.

James Lewis
James Lewis

Day 23

Alexander Rodriguez
Alexander Rodriguez

How many times was I suppose to have filed a pay deadline? I felt like shit failing the first time, and haven't got back on, since, even though shopkeeper level stays the same.

Brayden James
Brayden James

Louie's max is ALSO 60k
Base price of best sword is 1.2 million
Even if he places an order for like 5 weapons, you'd still sell it at a 900k loss

Fuck this poor ass piece of shit.

Ian Lewis
Ian Lewis

Try again, it's not that hard.
What I didn was stocking up on items when they were cheap and putting them on display when prices were better. Adventuring is fun but not very profitable, if you want to dedicate a lot of time to dungeon crawling I suggest you pay off the debt first, it doesn't take long, most content is in the dungeons and adventurers anyway.

Cameron Anderson
Cameron Anderson

not to be that guy, but you're supposed to fail the first couple of times. The game teaches you mechanics, progression, and then ramps up the difficulty to put pressure. When you inevitably fail your first time (most people do if you aren't using a guide and going in blind), you get to keep your level, items and dosh so you have an easier time on the second go- with both you game experience and starting bonus.

Connor Carter
Connor Carter

They were always wearing towels. This pic just made part of them show above the water. This is the most retarded thing in the world to feign outrage over.

Jaxon Parker
Jaxon Parker

It's pretty damn popular for an indie game.
https://steamspy.com/app/70400

You can easily do it without failing a single time once you know how the game works, but I'd highly suggest playing the game normally and finding these things out for yourself rather than relying on guides and such.

Josiah Morgan
Josiah Morgan

post best girl
nobody cares

Man, it hurts.

Evan Wright
Evan Wright

Don't go into the dungeons
I didn't fail once because I enjoyed the gameplay loop of buying and selling shit more than going into the dungeons. I didn't know that was how you're supposed to play.

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

But how will I ever get a mage to have fun in dungeon with?

Caleb Diaz
Caleb Diaz

You can still go into the dungeons after you finish paying off your debt.

Josiah Thomas
Josiah Thomas

You know what's even more retarded?
Changing it at all, or even thinking it needed a change

Brandon Roberts
Brandon Roberts

Has anyone tried territoire?

Matthew Long
Matthew Long

Is it even finished yet?

Evan Lewis
Evan Lewis

dash Nagi into walls
dick hurts

Luke Rivera
Luke Rivera

Nope. They also hardly update their blog, but they did post about Comiket or whatever recently.

Jordan Sanchez
Jordan Sanchez

I went through the whole game not understanding what combos were just jewing people by cranking it up to 10% - 20% every time

Anthony Torres
Anthony Torres

popular FotM game is obscure

Jaxon Wilson
Jaxon Wilson

I want to shag you.

John Hughes
John Hughes

Good, I like normans far away from my games

Kayden Campbell
Kayden Campbell

20%

You are like little babby.

Ryan Walker
Ryan Walker

Die in a housefire redditor.

Ian Davis
Ian Davis

Hehe score one for the fairy!

Logan Williams
Logan Williams

That game was raved about for an entire year on Sup Forums.

Easton Davis
Easton Davis

I'm sad that the other two games by this company don't play so well. Controls on fortune summoner don't feel right

Jonathan Richardson
Jonathan Richardson

I want a new Chantelise game

Wyatt Lee
Wyatt Lee

How hard is it to not fail ever and can someone give me some tips to do this. Not like an entire guide but some tips (not mechanics I already know) to achieve this

Wyatt Jenkins
Wyatt Jenkins

Keep your merchandise up to date, don't bother selling hats for 100 px if you need 200k to survive.

Levi Flores
Levi Flores

Food is popular and gets a lot of people in. Once the townspeople can buy more swap to something more expensive.

If you go dungeoning try do as much of it as you can at once. Leave dumb shit like the slime stuff or other crap ingredients to save room for better stuff.

Asher Watson
Asher Watson

Don't go into dungeons unless you know you have enough cash, you make more just running the shop
Each customer type has an ideal purchasing range, i.e. little girl is around 105%. If you can get them to buy on the first offer you get a merchant exp bonus and they will level up faster. Longer your streak on first offer goes the more exp you get.
Rest of it is just abusing the market for maximum profits

Jace Myers
Jace Myers

Fortune Summoners is not made by the same company though.

Thomas Jones
Thomas Jones

I'm sad we never got the Fortune Summoners sequel that was supposed to fix the controls.

Ryder Sanders
Ryder Sanders

$20 for an indie game
no thanks

Gavin Ross
Gavin Ross

capitalism!

Hunter Gutierrez
Hunter Gutierrez

I wonder how that one nip feels about his doujin game being popular with baka gaijins years later

Landon Collins
Landon Collins

nagi is the best girl
she's also the weakest character
Why is this allowed?

Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones

Probably like a guy who made a lot of money.

Ian Myers
Ian Myers

no Recettear 2 where you can sell early access games, loot boxes and season passes

Owen Evans
Owen Evans

100% Orange Juice is more popular in the west than in Japan and the devs were pretty surprised at this because they didn't think westerners could be into cute shit.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvOjLIVYAzs

Parker Martinez
Parker Martinez

Shop stuff is always more profitable than dungeon running.

Despite what the tutorial suggests, haggling is a bad idea, you want to get things right first time, and as close to the customer's limit as possible.

Levelling up your customers increases their budget, this is very important as they won't try to buy items they can't afford

Alouette has effectively unlimited budget and accepts something like 149%, so dump your most expensive crap on her.

Vending machines are ridiculous, while loading them with other vending machines was patched out, you can still load them with walls and floors which are just as valuable if not more.

The game isn't that hard. If you know what you're doing, you can enter the final week with millions to spare

Mason Hall
Mason Hall

I hate weebshit but this game is bretty good

Adam White
Adam White

To add, landing close to or on a customer's limit gives bonus exp and levels them up faster
A customer's budget is doubled when picking up a display item, or multiplied by the number of items in an order when they're taking an order.
Placing an item with a value modifier in the first slot of an order will affect the value of the whole order, none of the other slots have an effect, so put any items on high price there, or ones on low price or price crash in the other slots.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page