Let's face it, no combination of games, power, and price would've convinced people to buy this thing

Let's face it, no combination of games, power, and price would've convinced people to buy this thing.

There was justice to be done against Nintendo for the Wii, and this was the perfect lamb to slaughter.

Nah, it was poorly marketed and happened to be the only 8th gen console worth owning. This is assuming you're not an idiot and have a decent toaster or gayming PC.

Of course fans of AAA shovelware will argue that there are no games to play because they threaten their masculinity.

>There was justice to be done against Nintendo for the Wii, and this was the perfect lamb to slaughter.
What are you talking about?
Only the most autistic sperg could hold a grudge against Nintendo for trying something new when their competitors were busy trying to make underpowered PCs.

>happened to be the only 8th gen console worth owning
Also true.
The PS4 had mostly last-gen ports until what, last year? And the XB1's one and only selling point is backwards compatibility.

>Let's face it, no combination of games, power, and price would've convinced people to buy this thing.
I love mine but this is absolutely true
There wasn't a game in the world good enough to save the WiiU, but damn if they didn't try.

I'm loving my switch at the moment, but really really missing the second screen...

We will never get another affordable space adventure

It could have sold more if they made it more clear it was a new system.

Lets face it, no amount of anti-Wii U shitposting is going to make anyone buy a Switch. Buying a console within 3 years of release is fucking stupid.

I'm going to pop nintendoland in right now

If this is meant to be an anti-WiiU thread then it's failed miserably.

>implying if they didn't advertise it properly and launch it with Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 deluxe it wouldn't have sold 100 million

The Switch's success is proof-positive that if Nintendo put effort into marketing, they could sell any damned thing. They just didn't try with the Wii U.

If 3D World or Mario Maker had been a launch title, it would've made a difference.
I think it was the branding that killed it, though. Normies had no fucking idea what it was, and normies drive console sales.

But I only see a white and black case. Regardless I already have a Wii. Ahh never mind, I'll just get a ps4.

Tell that to the 30 million PS4 sales before even Bloodborne came out?

Like, what the fuck were they playing? PS3 remasters?

I still remember when i called a family selling their "Wii U" online only to find out that when i mentioned things like the tablet they thought i was talking about the fit board

>We will never get another affordable space adventure

>Only the most autistic sperg could hold a grudge against Nintendo for trying something new when their competitors were busy trying to make underpowered PCs.

Fuck you, that thing was an utter betrayal against real gamers and after it sold 100 million against all sense and fairness, blood needed to be spilled.

Wii-U fit the bill nicely as the target. And it will NOT be remembered.

Ahahahaha, absolute fucking state of OP
>And it will NOT be remembered.
Just like no one remembers the Dreamcast or even Saturn, sure thing.

>Like, what the fuck were they playing? PS3 remasters?
>God of War Collection
>Uncharted Collection
>Last of Us HD

>>real gamers
>PS3 and 360 is mostly cinematic bullshit
>Meanwhile Wii gets Sin & Punishment, Virtual Console, full gamecube compatability, Xenoblade Chronicles

lmao son.

I actually can't tell if you're trolling or just severely autistic.

If its the guy who usually makes these thread, SEVERAL autistic, like puts ACFag to shame autism

The N64 and Gamecube were the last true Nintendo consoles. The Wii Era is essentially the dark, forlorn era of Nintendo where they lost their way and sold out to casuals. This is the last and final arc of the hero's requiem. Nintendo has returned to form, in better shape than they ever were before and innovating the industry in a way they never have before

fucking kill me
SEVERELY autistic*

The Switch is basically a more portable Wii U with infinitely worse controls and both launched with as few games.

I'm boggled over how the Wii U flopped and the Switch sold so well when both basically offered the same things. The only positive is that the Switch had Zelda, but then again, that is a Wii U game.

damn people really are retarded

>non-portable system with godawful marketing and no killer app sells like shit
>portable system with incredible marketing and two killer apps in its first year dominates the sales charts
Wow what could be the cause of this discrepancy

>adding portability vs non portability like that really matters
Why are switchards to goddamn hung up on portability?

The only problem was the failed marketing. Most people just thought it would be some kind of extra thing for your Wii
If you got it later on for a little cheaper it's great though. It can play everything from NES to WIIU games including DS for free. Except for 3DS

I honestly blame marketing for its commercial failure.

I won a Wii U and New Super Mario Bros U in a raffle and it was my first Nintendo console since the SNES. I shit you not.

Fantastic library of games. Like, I can safely name at least 10+ exclusives that earn 9/10+. Many multiplats play excellently, too.

It was great. Just wasn't marketed well and the name is confusing to moms and grandmoms, Nintendo's prime buying demographic.

>"Wii U? Don't you already have a Wii? Is this another plastic add on?"

Again, stellar games... just didn't work out.

One of the Wii U's main selling points was that you could play the games on the GamePad.
The Switch is just that extrapolated into a more generally useful feature.

Plus, Nintendo's name on a handheld prints money.

Eh, it was a kid and a clearly middle aged man i spoke with, clearly not familiar with this shit. But that's the point, it's good marketing that makes it familiar for people like them

>Buy a Wii U for $100 off some guy on Craigslist
>It's the Wind Waker version at that
>Hack it
>Use a 500GB HDD that was lying around somewhere in the house for game storage
>Use Wii U USB Helper to find games for it
>Only see 4 Wii U games I really want to play on it (7 if including Taiko no Tatsujin games)
>The rest are just classics
>The tablet, while a fine controller, is pointless and would rather use a WiiU Pro Controller for the games I want to play.

My God, if I spent anymore on this console, I would have had significant buyer's remorse right now.

I knew tons of people that didn't buy it cause of the gamepad alone, and was waiting for the revision that didn't have a gamepad with it. But it never came. Because Nintendo would rather go bankrupt then abandon their gimmicks.

They only called it a Wii U because calling it the Wii 2 would make it the Wii Ni

>Normies had no fucking idea what it was
I remember when the PS2 came out and people had no fucking clue what backwards compatibility meant.

I bought a Wii, sold it within a couple months because it was garbage. I didn't buy the Wii U because it was also garbage. Probably won't buy a Switch because it's an entire generation behind in specs.

To say people won't buy a console if it has good games, power, and price point is simply idiotic.

>gamepad has all the same buttons as any ordinary controller but also includes a touch screen
>for games that don't take advantage of the touch screen, you can just use a normal controller
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS SHOULDN'T EXIST

This is the same demographic of idiots who demanded the 2DS because they couldn't get it through their gamer skulls that the 3D function had an off switch.

please stop the "wii u was just badly marketed" meme. The name and marketing were the absolute least of its problems. It was overpriced and never saw a significant price drop, it was underpowered, had no good games for like 2 years, and it didn't appeal to anybody - the gamepad was too complex for casual Wii users and the system was too underpowered to appeal to the hardcore. The concept of the system itself was a mess. It had like four different controllers and you could only use one gamepad per system

They should have just made a straight up Wii 2. No gamepad would've meant a lower manufacturing costs and previous Wii owners wouldve instantly felt comfortable with the new system. Bundle it with improved wiimote and balance board plus backwards compat and you have a popular system. They spent years teaching everybody - moms, grannies, whatever - how to use the wiimote and they just flushed it all down the toilet with the gamepad. The Wii brand still had value before the Wii U. It was the friendly face of gaming, like Apple/iPhone

this is coming from somebody who owns a wii u and likes it a lot. But you need to face facts, the whole thing was a fucking mess

When did nintendo fans stop defending the Wii U? I can't pointpoint a time, but at some point in the last 2 years they went from talking about how X game would surely turn things around to quietly accepting that it had failed.

PS I do own one, for the record. Just never thought it was gonna pull it out after the first year didn't impress me.

This. I bought it for mh. Now I have it hacked and there is simply nothing decent in the wii u lineup that I'm interested in. Nice to have my gamecube back again though, even if the decent titles are just as sparse.

>The name and marketing were the absolute least of its problems
Stopped reading right there but actually read your whole post.

The Wii U wasn't developed for the casuals of the Wii era, it was developed for you dumb fuck wannabe hardcore gamymers. That's why they had the Pro controller which has the same amount of buttons as any Microsoft/Sony controller unlike the Wii remote.

It already has full compatability with the Wii and lets you easily transfer all your data onto it's Virtual Wii Mode that looks and functions like the Wii OS.

The marketing is what fucked it because Nintendo of America is incompetent. That's why Nintendo took the reigns for worldwide marketing with the Switch because they couldn't trust NoA to do a good job.

Because there were no sales of units, there was no support of third parties. But even then the third parties did everything they could to shit on the system.

I haven't been paying attention, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was around the time the Switch was announced at the end of last year, or maybe around the time the NX was clearly drawing near like E3 2016.
Once it's clear Nintendo is moving on, there's no point in pretending the Wii U has any chance.

>Once it's clear Nintendo is moving on, there's no point in pretending the Wii U has any chance
They do have a tendency to drop consoles before they even launch the successor. Gamecube was basically dead for a year before the Wii came out.

>please stop hurting my narrative that the WiiU is a bad console
Lol, no.

When half the Switch's "worthwhile" titles and probably a good chunk of the upcoming games too are years old games from a console thats hacked, it tends to make early adopters defensive as fuck.

Most people otside of asian regions don't care about portability and gonna play games only at home anyway.
Same with special controls, as most people will still want to/try to use the classic ones, ignoring "innovations".
The only things important are console power and exclusives.

>not liking the 2ds
Nigga u wot. o2ds is the comfiest version of any ds ever ever to play. And the lack of gimmicks makes it cheap enough to be an insane value proposition.

the games were pretty good actually. the cost of the machine was, and still is, way too much

>200 dollars for a refurbished WiiU is too much
Nigga

$200 is a lot to ask for. May as well save up a bit more for the Switch at that point.

>$200 for a Wii U with free game catalog
>$300 for a Switch with $60 Wii U ports

Still a lot for a Wii U.
Also Switch hacking is already imminent.

Dont forget free online and mods for Smash, Mario Kart, and BotW

where the fuck is the mod for Super Mario Maker that adds the FTB and slide whistle to the SMW stage clear

'Switch' is objectively a good console name for Nintendo. Mneumonically the word switch represents what the system is for the company. A switch from the old to the new. Also fitting in the yin yang was pretty genius. And the portability with the dock puts it in a position where it's not competing against any other console on the market. Even if the system doesn't fulfill all expectations the idea of it is inspired.

Japanese gaming sector seems to be bullish for now

saved.

>The PS4 had mostly last-gen ports until what, last year?

If you remember correctly it was early this year when the PS4 had a couple of games, and again nothing else for the rest of the year.

Agreed

Unless through a timespace paradox they somehow had BotW as a launch title

It just got Everybody's Golf and Gundam Versus within the past couple months though

The Switch is what the Wii U should have been in the first place.

Im still mad the Wii U version got gutted of Gamepad functionality so it wouldn't have anything over the Switch port.

The gamepad inventory was great in WWHD

I wonder if we're getting Bayonetta 3 on the Switch.

This is true, although I enjoyed the he Wii U.

E3 2015 was the turning point.

Give it 3 years, it'll have the legacy of being an underrated classic.

It was the Switch's announcement and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

I can't decide how I feel about this. Although it seem sort of true, people do not say this about Jaguar, sega cd, 32x etc. Bad is bad. And Dreamcast was genuinely good and underappreciated

Agreed... the binocolar function was so clearly designed to be done through the gamepad gyroscopically (Like Lego City Undercover)

Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Vita, and WiiU all fall into the category IMO

how much should i sell my wii u for? i hardly fucking used it but i want somebody to at least buy it on clist.

What do you have for it? Controllers, games, accessories?
You should hack it to raise the value.

Oh that's right, Nioh was this year too.
And it's not even an exclusive.

i didnt want a fucking tablet. just a box and a standard controller.

Didn't the Jaguar have precisely one good game?

saved.

i have the main black console, the controller pad thing, the wires, zelda and mario maker. not a lot i know.

how about you actually hack it and get some good games for the thing jesus fucking christ
are you proud of how casual you are?

i want to sell it dude. i dont give shit about nintendo consoles.
i just wanted to know how much cash id get for that.

Well I sold my PS4 for $220 with Bloodshit so you could probably try $200 or less seeing how Zelda is still $60

The main issue is piss-poor marketing, period. Aside from core gamers, no one really knew about it. Particularly casuals. And the people that knew about it did not want to buy it, not only for its obtuse gimmick, but because it lacked a strong lineup of games, and did so for YEARS. It's launch was barren, which made the console dead on arrival. Third parties saw it sold like shit, and didn't want to develop for it, which made it sell even worse. And the cherry on the top is that it was too underpowered.

The Switch has succeded in most aspects where the Wii U failed, with the exception of power, which is still shit. But aside from that, it has managed to pull a strong line-up of first year games, decent enough 3rd party support, and has managed to resonate between the masses.

Nintendo sells a warrantied Refurb 32gb model with Nintendoland for $175. So $150 for the system would make sense. Then, say, $25 per game?

yeah thats the one i had. so i guess ill do 150.
thanks user.

that aliens one.

I saw a guy playing Zelda at a concert, can't deny portability is a good selling point.

>underwhelming 3D Mario
>No Zelda until the very end
>No Metroid or Fzero
>third-party support sucked
>despite being Nintendo's next-gen console, was filled with unambicious, smaller games like Captain Toad Kirby Rainbow curse(these weren't bad games, but they belonged on a handheld)
>bad marketing
>Gamepad was cool, but ultimately kind of gimmicky
>very underpowered

Thank heavens that the WiiU era is over.

I bought a Wii U and the range on the Gamepad is easily less than 10 feet. I couldn't use it outside of the room the console was in. Not only that, the controller is chunky, oddly shaped and feels low quality.

The Wii U gimmick fell flat on its face because the Gamepad had too many flaws. Don't get me wrong, I had fun playing 2D Metroids on it and stuff but it is the most unnecessary xbawks huge piece of shit and could have been half the size, and had more than 10 feet of range, then I can see it being useful.

Somehow the Sega Dreamcast controller managed to do it better with the VMU in 1998, and the controller was still somehow more comfortable.

One thing you forgot to mention was what a nightmare Wii U was to develop for...Swtich can run unreal 3 and is easy to port for (as Doom proves), wheras switch was a nightmare proprietary shitbox.

it had good games, also i loved the gamepad but >Sup Forums >video games

>I bought a Wii U and the range on the Gamepad is easily less than 10 fee
I used mine in the kitchen, bathroom, and living room of my apartment when my WiiU is in my bedroom.

>wheras switch was a nightmare proprietary shitbox.

I think you made a typo there, but yes, that was another factor of why the wii u sucked.

post more big tiddy asian lady

hahah remember that little tomogachi pet thing that came along with the dreamcast memory card in the VMU?

>>No Metroid or Fzero
So you're one of those people.

Wii U wasn't a nightmare to develop for. It's third parties not giving a shit because they dont have cookie cutter tools to drag and drop their mediocre games. Wii U architecture is literally Wii and Gamecube architecture. So if you're saying that devs somehow couldn't get a game to run, yet they had nearly 15 years of documentation to work from, then that's saying a lot about devs.

Most of them use Unreal because it's cheap. Rarely does any dev ever make a good game from scratch anymore so we're left with samey garbage.

Also: saved.

Yeah but why would a developer keep a side-thing for nintendo when they could more or less use the same engine only downscaled for the switch. Second option is obviously better, as things like Doom prove.

Is the Wii U better than the PS4?

Hacked Wii U is pretty good, honestly.
>every single Nintendo system barring the 3DS all rolled up into one system
>better UI than the Switch
>mods=working online for otherwise dead Wii games like Mario Kart
>proper internal memory size, none of thta 500MB crap the Wii tried to pull
>actual Wii U games, while small, are pretty good like Mario Kart 8, 3D World, Bayo 2, W101 and Pikmin
>Gamepad
Without mods it's just alright, but I wouldn't call it horrible or lacking like the original Wii.

Even Doom should be running 60fps 720p yet it doesnt because it's a rush job. Devs dont give a shit about the quality of their games anymore because they can sit back with a broken game and then roll out patches.

A dev should already have engines that work on Nintendo hardware if they've been developing since the GameCube era. It's just marketing bullshit like how Capcom stated that Revelations 2 just wasn't possible on the Wii U because it uses MT Framework and Rev 1 on 3DS used MT Framework mobile. Yet Rev 1 on Wii U uses fucking MT Framework! And even more so if it was an issue of hardware power Capcom still released Rev2 on 360/PS3 and even the fucking Vita.

saved.

Yes, if you like classic style video games over cintematic story exposition walking simulators. If you don't have a PC then you'd probably be better off with a PS4/Xbone for AAA shovelware.

hahah no. you just want more boobs pictures, don't you user? Here you go buddy boy. Haiyah!

This bitch got any scenes or is it just pics of her putting her tits on shit?

Give me a code you fucker

Consoles are defined by their games.
Without knowing your tastes answering is pointless.

>people are lazy, user

Really opening my eyes these days, sempai. Speaking of which, these boobie pictures make me feel odd in the tummy and make my pee pee get big. Makes me want to cummy on these titcow mummy. Is this what love feels liek?