Get ready for another Japan Time

Also new impressions vid explaining the combat for the millionth time
youtu.be/yXRcPr2UwXI

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakram
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>5:50
Blades have unique field skills.

We've known since Gamescom, but this is our first time seeing it (or at least seeing it attempted).

Welp, Vandham's name confirmed.

>Voices are meh
It's over boys, Nintendo couldn't catch lighting in a bottle twice.

>depending on a youtuber to decide that for you

Now I wish the localizers didn't change Vandham's name to Vangarre in the first Xenoblade, it would be consistent throughout the whole series if they didn't. Also with the Xeno series as a whole since it's just Vanderkham with the middle part cut out.

>Not being a slave to online opinions in the digital age

Props to this guy, he didn't go the same path we've seen the presenters constantly retread, he went fucking exploring.

Oh shit, he mentions that enemies can break the links between Drivers and Blades and make you vulnerable. Did we know about that?

Yes. If you've watched anyone fight the Cunning Saggie you'll notice that the 'Stench' effect its fart-blast puts on you will make your blade randomly drop their link from you, disallowing you from using elemental arts. You can see the Milan presenter fail chaining his elemental arts together at one point because Rex's blade out at the time wasn't having any of his shit.

I wish they kept it as Vangarre, desu.

Is it just me or the combat looks really slow? Even the shrinking QTE circles are noticeably slower than the first game

A little early for a Japan time thread

God I want to play this fucking game so much it hurts. The only worry I have is that the combat is too slow, and even if that's the case it's not going to win against my autism. It will just extend how long I lose myself in it.

Stop saving thumbnails user.

some player abilities let you do that to enemy drivers as well. It's basically an Arts Seal.

I think I've seen enough of the game desu. Like I know I'm gonna enjoy it so I don't really need to see anymore

I wish I could stop myself from checking these fucking threads every night. At least I know I definitely have the resolve to get the fuck out the moment the leaks hit.

Agreed. These threads are just too comfy though.

I hope someone covers what cancelling is already.

About to fight the final boss in the original Xenoblade
This game, man

So this is a thing now in case anybody cares.

It's a hell of a ride ain't it?

Since when did we get a general?

Today I think?

Post all the rare blade please. I wanna lewd all of them.

today

4u

>doing a general this early for a non-multiplayer game
This isn't going to last long.

Just a sad reminder that Xenoblade X general died a long time ago.

So should we all just stop posting here and go there now?

Maybe post here now, converge there later. Bump the thread with some small talk to keep it up.

WAIT WHAT? EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM?

WHY NOT VANGARRE OR VAN-SOMETHING ELSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

does anybody have the webm of the demon samurai rare blade?

it's probably based on their element and affinity level

Is there enough interest for a whole general? This is just a daily thing because of Japan Time.

Maybe it's someone else and not WOTS DA MATTA guy.

This. The only reason these threads are a regular thing is because of Japan Time. That's not enough for a general.

Because Vandham is the closest to what it actually is in Japanese (Van Damme). Vangarre should have been Vandham from the start.

I don't think that has much to do with what he's complaining about.

VANDAMMU!!

They can't use Van Damme for obvious reasons user...

It's all the same in the Japanese ver

I believe Vandham is described as having an X shaped scar on his face in one of the old script excerpts.

agreed this is the only fanbase that doesnt attack itself cause we can all agree so far the first to games are amazing while understanding X is different from Chronicles and some don't like it as much while some still like it. and honestly I think Xenoblade 2 is going to be an amazing game.

I'm not sure if that's the case, but of course it's going to be the Van-character who has the X on his face like in , and Roc even has Vangarre's square-tache.

I remember him being crushed by a mechon in the early game but late game you see him again was this ever explained?

>fanbase that doesn't attack itself
While that's true for the most part, we have our fair share of X fanboys who shit on the game and elitist fans who complain about the game not being a 50 part space opera.

He wasn't crushed by a Mechon, he got a vehicle that then exploded thrown at him. An NPC afterwards said he'd survived and had been hospitalized. He'd just recovered by the time they began the assault on Mechonis.

I like both desu I got them around them around the same time while I like X a little less because of the grind and music that just doesnt mesh with me I enjoyed the game still
Don't remember that but god damn he is one tough bastard

+ X
W M
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

>X2 Vandham = X (XenoSAGA)
>Roc = W (Xenoblade 1)

>agreed this is the only fanbase that doesnt attack itself

I want whatever you are smoking.

Last I checked there was a giant divide between XcX, X and Gears/Saga fans

>this is the only fanbase that doesnt attack itself
I wish I was as naive as you

>there was a giant divide between XcX, X and Gears/Saga fans
>XcX, X
Isn't that the same game

I meant between the Xenoblade fans not the Xeno fans I admit there is a huge divide there and I wish it didn't exist desu. when a game is different why do people love it or hate it just because a game is different from its predecessors doesn't make it any better or any worse automatically, it should always be judged by its own merits

I think it's because Xenogears and Xenosaga were left unfinished. Even now Tetsuya + Soraya want to return and finish Xenosaga's Hexalogy

I've never played the saga/gears games I don't like turned based games but I don't hate them they are games I don't like but others do I wish others could understand

I don't think they're exactly as desperate to as you imply. Xenosaga caused Soraya a lot of grief, and Takahashi's just kind of shrugged his shoulders and said if someone'll pay for it he'll do it. I think they got over it a long time ago.

Cool that Soraya is interested after all, but it still doesn't sound like something they expect to ever really happen.

I mean Nintendo would have to buy the IP from Namco and personally invest in it. I mean we got the Xenosaga 1+2 on DS so it's not unthinkable but I really don't believe it would happen.

>good ost
>deep battle system
>interactive world
>story driven
>pretty decent character models

This game doesn't look as awful as some people made it out to be in that Xenoblade 10 thread or XCX as some of you call it. So should I start the first game to understand this one? Why is there a tenth game when the second is being released?

can you change their outfits though

Xenoblade Chronicles was the first
Xenoblade Chronicles X was a spin off
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has from what we no 0 plot similarities you can play it without the original but I suggest you play it

It's not the Roman numeral, X is a spin-off.

X is read as "cross" and it's a spinoff. You don't have to play the first game to understand this one because they're unrelated outside of some references and the battle system is very different.

Feel kind of dumb now. I guess I'll just jump to 2 and try the others later

"Spinoff" might not be the proper term. More of a sister series, like Classic Mega Man vs. Mega Man X.

Thats fair user. I really suggest you play the original because its such a master piece

Play Xenoblade Chronicles 1 if you have the time. Emulation is nearly perfect now, as in it has no issues whatsoever except for stuttering like once every 6 hours

Cool. So what are you people waiting for?

Im playing through XCX atm on muh wii U

Japanese Xenoblade 2 Twitter posts info about the game at around 12 am Pacific time

It doesn’t need to stay the same. Vangarre was a cool change.

The developer's Twitter updates at 2 AM CST with screenshots of the game or character reveals

So what are their respective weapons?

>Rex and Pyra: Sword
>Nia and Dromarch: Ring blade things
>Tora and Poppi: Drill shield
>Vandham and Roc: Dual sickles
>Eyepatch guy and his Blade: Broadsword
>Train-chain and her Blade: Dual swords

Also this

>Ring blade things
They have a name user.

Wow I fucking hate X's missions this noppon wanted me to check on his wife in cauldera and I go there thinking "She found somebody else didin't she" as a joke, and guess what?

were these real weapons or were they made up because someone thought bigger shurikens would be cool

Holy fuck nvm best side quest ever the guy refused to cuck the noppon. you do me proud japan!
So how you boys doing?

pretty sure its hollywood

Nope, it's Indian

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakram

ah so a poo country.

It was only done because NoE couldn't think of a better substitute. They have no reason to change it again. No reason to get so upset over it m8.

>would have to buy the IP from Namco
Why? It could be a Bayo 2 scenario

This

Im really excited for the QT's but I know none of them will replace melia

Melia deserved better

Agreed desu, also XCX Celica felt like a cheap knock off of her

Soon il be 5million credits richer once I finish this mission in XCX I swear if this is a cock tease im going to japan to kick ass and chew bubble gum

Nia already replaced her, though?

Lol.

Will the LE be in high demand? Wondering if I could get my money back if the game turns out to be shit (by my standards).

GET THE FUCK OUT NOBODY CAN REPLACE MELIA IN MY HEART SHE WAS LITERALLY THE BEST GIRL AND FIORA CAN GO DIE FOR ALL I CARE MELIA IS UN REPLACEABLE AND IF YOU THINK YOU CAN REPLACE HER YOU WILL DIE!!!!
Dont you dare fucking tell me its a trap and I dont get the 5m im right outside the vault

it's still up on Gamestop so I think at best you could break even with a sealed copy