Only Retards believe Capcom is being sold

>mfw people think Capcom is in trouble

Other urls found in this thread:

eventhubs.com/news/2017/oct/18/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-americas-th-best-selling-game-september-2017/
financials.morningstar.com/income-statement/is.html?t=9697®ion=jpn&culture=en-US
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>lower gaming income 2016 to 2017
>Street FIghter V was a bomb
>Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was a bomb
>2018 will be their worst gaming income in the past 5 years

Retard

How did Infinite do in USA? I know it didn't do well in UK and Japan.

HUBRIS?

6th in sales for the month.

If things don't work out with Monster Hunter World then I really do think Capcom will be in trouble.

>no argument
Kay
Worse than Mario & Rabbids

YOU A BITCH

Pointing out two cheap ass 2d fighters bombed means nothing

Then you're evidently a retard if that's what you think.

What games have been released since April?

Lots of games have been out since April.

:v

:3

Fucking faggot

MHW will recover their losses

:V

List them, what games have Capcom released.

I bet your mum takes Black cock up the ass

You didn't ask what Capcom games have been released

Oh, so Capcom's fucked then?

youll see on the 30th, thats when their investors meeting is, theyre in deep shit
t. reporter for WSJ

oh, and non, nintendo isnt buying them, neither is sony
ill give you a hint of who's the highest bidder: dime

SFV can keep going on DLCs alone. People keep buying overpriced costumes, specially waifufags and Capcom still manages to even keep CPT floating just fine.

Now Marvel was indeed a bomb, but then again it's reused assets the game plus Marvel money, so it won't be be a big problem for them at all.

Now if something like MHW bombs, then they'd be really in trouble.

>t. reporter for WSJ
Can you provide any evidence for this

______ will save Capcom

>if SFxT underperforms then Crapcom will be in trouble!
>if Dragon's Dogma underperforms then Crapcom will be in trouble!
>if RE6 underperforms then Crapcom will be in trouble!
>if DmC underperforms then Crapcom will be in trouble!
>if Dead Rising 3 and 4 underperform Crapcom will be in trouble!
>if SFV underperforms then Crapcom will be in trouble!
>if RE7 underperforms then Crapcom will be in trouble!
>if MvCI underperforms then Crapcom will be in trouble!
>if MHW underperforms then Crapcom will be in trouble!

this time it's happening tho

It couldn't possibly be Konami, right?

The most likely would be Bamco or Squeenix, but getting another name in the mix would get retarded.

How much longer can they keep it up?
When everything but MonHun is underpreforming stability is not likely.

Capcom's immediate past and future
>SFV - shit
>RE7 - shit
>MHXX - shit
>MHstories - shit
>MHstories fucking anime - shit but probably subsidized by nip government cause they do goofy shit like that
>MvCi - shit
>>MHW - probably shit
>>???????
no megamans, no DMCs, no lost planets, no onimushas, no darkstalkers, no dragon dogmas, they have nothing else in the immediate pipeline other than MHW which will probably bomb because they haven't shown it to be different enough from past MH games which, although generally shit for a broad audience, could sustain itself even with 2m sales for the tremendous cost effective measure of copy pasting 90% of the shit from the game prior into the sequel. MHW breaks that chain by being a complete overhaul of the engine and graphics with a triple-A budget, yet still not improving enough of the core system mechanics towards a broader audience by mistaking truly retarded game design as tradition or as some identifier that is positively unique to monster hunter.

They don't even know what they're doing anymore and are without any immediate future cash inflow.

square would be broken if they bought another company they have to much stuff going on right now they literally asked fans for advice so not happening namco maybe they have the cash nintendo same sony to much problem with their tv flunctuation and movies and mobile devices to buy out a company maybe an unknown company will buy it

Capcom is about 1/4 of Konami's market cap, 1/4 of Bamco's market cap, and almost half of Squeenix's.

I'm not saying none of those companies can afford Capcom, but it would be a HUGE investment for them. It's most likely to be Nintendo or Sony, assuming this whole thing is a leak and not a lie.

Sup Forums was saying that 6 years ago

>et still not improving enough of the core system mechanics towards a broader audience by mistaking truly retarded game design as tradition or as some identifier that is positively unique to monster hunter.

God damn you're a faggot. Developers do this all the time and it's the reason why games turn to absolute shit.

See: Dragon Age, Dead Space, Metroid, Devil May Cry.

And it baffles the mind today that they still haven't gone under.
How many years does it take?

They still had profit last year so they might keep it up for a while.

>resident evil 7 bombed
>monster hunter stories bombed
>SFV bombed
>MVCI bombed
>MHXX switch bombed
MHW is literaly their last hope.

I'm not sure you understood what I wrote or even what you yourself wrote.

>Marvel Infinite actually did well in US

Fuck this world.

The last time they didn't turn an annual profit was in 2005, and they obviously kept it up for a while after that too.

Too bad MHW will bomb outside of Japan.

i hope not. even with all the shit, is still monster hunter

>Idiots keep saying Infinite bombed
>eventhubs.com/news/2017/oct/18/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-americas-th-best-selling-game-september-2017/

On both Xbox and PS4. Enjoy DLC in the years to come. This train never had brakes.

>DmC bombed and destroyed the DMC series
>"RE"7 bombed and destroyed the RE series
>SFV performed poorly and destroyed the SF series
>MVCI flopped the hardest and is literally not selling period and killed the MVC series
>monster hunter is capcom's life support tube at the moment

>Sony buys Capcom
>Devil May Cry 5 features Dante with a beard, raising a kid for no reason, running around the woods fighting demons with sluggish combat
>New Mega Man game is open world, and he's riding a horse and has to craft arrows for his bow
>Resident Evil 8 is just Uncharted with zombies

>still below Bing Bing Wahoo featuring Videogame Minions

The absolute state

>Rich enough to get Batman in their MOBA
They're gonna do it

>Resident Evil 8 is just Uncharted with zombies

At least this is better than outlast reskin

Who would buy Capcom anyway?
They haven't had a hit in years.

I could see BandaiNamco doing it.
Realistically its less about expecting capcom to make money and more about realizing that capcom is sitting on like 7 different IP's that could go places and have legacy attachment, yet capcom is doing nothing with them cause retarded. Once they own capcom they can get theur other dev teams working on those games - cut the middleman out of the picture.

>Nintendo buys Capcom
>forces quality out of them
>revives Mega Man
>revives Ghosts 'n' Goblins
>Devil May Cry 5
>gets Platinum Games back to work on Viewtiful Joe 3, Okami 2, and God Hand 2
>Devil May Cry x Bayonetta
>Nintendo vs. Capcom
>more Capcom mainstays like Dante, Morrigan Aensland, Viewtiful Joe, more Mega Man, and Street Fighter characters in Smash
How hype would you be?

Nintendo or Sony could benefit from their fuckoff huge catalog of beloved IPs.
Tencent might buy them just because that's what the Chinese seem to be doing these days.
Microsoft might be interested if and only if they're still desperately trying to break into the Japanese market.

It happened to SNK

One would think that's implied by the context of the thread.

>saw the word Casual and thought it was World

kamiyah would chop his dick to have viewtiful joe back on his hands of course everyone would be happy

>Capcom is losing consistently space.
>SFV is the only thing they.
>A company with amazing ips wasted by shitty practices and decisions.

Capcom deserves to die, not even bought.

Besides I have the bad feeling the Fucking Chinese are buying everything they can.

Sega. It worked out for Atlus

Fuck crossovers.

consumers

i mean doesnt capcom have the power to choose who would buy them? besides only japan companies may buy capcom i think its a policy

>Revives Ghosts n' Goblins/Gargoyle's Crest

I dont fucking get it. Give people what they want it will sell.

But hey here comes DmC2 with style meter levels hidden behind lootboxes

>Casually markets it as "as hard as dark souls"
>Casuals gobble it up like no tomorrow

>revive this series, that series and these other series
>but not Darkstalkers
>just put Morrigan in Smash

>RE 7
>shit
Pick one faggot

Well I was getting at that too. Sh-shut up, user.

Morrigan in Smash would be to test the waters for a reboot, like how Marth in Melee got Fire Emblem localized.

Nintendo buying Capcom is the best scenario and many more.

Ryu and Megs continue in smash. Power stone could become part of smash.

Nintendo could use them as a dummy company to milk some cash through shitty practices.

ML3 could actually happen.

Phoenix is no niche anymore.

And so on.

Sega was bought by Sammy and after buying Altus they had it rough I recall.

Yeah, few years ago. They blinded themselves, but their shit has come for them.

I think Nintendo could do a good job of doing the franchises justice although with big Capcom games already on PS4 and PC the purchase might be to hairy to try to get involved in.

dividing up ips by which company should get them

>Nintendo
Devil May Cry
Mega Man
Zack & Wiki

>Sega
Darkstalkers
Ghosts n Goblins
Sengoku Basara
Viewtiful Joe

>Bandai-Namco
Ace Attorney
Breath of Fire
Street Fighter

>Sony
God Hand
Okami
Onimusha

>Microsoft
Bionic Commando
Dead Rising
Dino Crisis
Lost Planet
Shadow of Rome

>Square Enix
Resident Evil

>GungHo
Killer7
Monster Hunter

>only retards believe Konami would fire Kojima and go pachinko games.

This is actually a horrible idea, because then it'd mean we'd never get another Capcom vs. game.

You do know Tencent or some other rich Chinese corporation is gonna snatch it all up?

Capcom selling it's properties is too smart a decision for Capcom. Rest assured, Capcom will continue to squander its good name until it's as laughable as modern DC comics.

Capcom could've made it's own console like 10 years ago. Where did it all go wrong?

I'd rather have proper new installments than more shovelware crossovers.

>modern DC comics
But DC has been making a comeback since Rebirth
Red Hood and the Outlaws, Young Animal, New Super-Man, Mark Russell's Flintstones, etc

DC is doing great actually
Marvel's shitting the bed in comic sales

financials.morningstar.com/income-statement/is.html?t=9697®ion=jpn&culture=en-US

If you compare their income over all listed periods, they have a trend of that growing. Also, they have enough liquid assets to meet all current liabilities. I see nothing that indicates this company is in dire straights.

>Street Fighter & Marvel VS Capcom are "Cheap" fighters
That's literally 90% of Capcom's income right there

Platinum

Do you mean 20 years ago?
Besides, SNK tried that and the NeoGeo is more obscure than the fucking CDi.

Delete this

>we'd never get another Capcom vs. game
Sounds like a good thing to me.

Nintendo wont buy capcom. The last time they bought a dev studio it cost them heavily and they're still trying to recoup costs. Nintendo doesn't really have that much floating equity, it's all mostly tied up in assets.

>operating expenses: $17M
>operating income: $15M
>i dont see the problem guys they're fine

That's actually good.

That is not plausible. Last time this rumor was around it was discarded.

How Capcom can survive:

>Sell off all IPs except for Monster Hunter and Resident Evil
>Fire like 95% of the staff since you only have two IPs now
>Annual Monster Hunter releases, reuse assets like a bitch
>Monster Hunter mobile
>reboot Resident Evil live action movie series

Not even. Get out of your fantasy world. Almost none of those are likely to happen, and you'd get only Classic Mega Man nonstop instead of the subseries that tried new things and kept the IP revitalized. You only want Nintendo to buy them so you can have those awful crossover titles.

>japan companies may buy capcom i think its a policy
IIRC that only applies to the very old companies

If Nintendo actually buys Capcom the most likely scenario is putting those ips to gather some dust like they do with their own.

But the possibilities... Oh, it's beautiful.

>If Nintendo actually buys Capcom the most likely scenario is putting those ips to gather some dust like they do with their own.
This is true. Look at what happened to Hudson after they were bought by Konami.

Two new entries to storied fighting games on multiple platforms got outsold by a spinoff that had no business existing on a new, single platform. That's pretty pathetic.

>liquid assets
WSJ says otherwise.
Their total assets are definitely higher than their liabilities, but I don't know what's included in that. Do video game companies count their IPs on their balance sheets or are they only allowed to use things with quantifiable value?

They have over $900 billion in liquid assets according to WSJ. They could buy Capcom 4 times, in cash.

>Look at what happened to Hudson after they were bought by Konami.
>Konami

They won't use them, they already don't use a handful of their IP's as is. I'd rather live in a world where we can have Darkstalkers, Power Stone and Cyberbots than to condense them in one IP. Capcom making so many IP's back in the day is what made me and my circle of family and friends love them so much. Fuck mixing them in one IP.