Bioshock 1/2

Why do we never talk about this game anymore? I've been visiting this board for a year now and I must've seen a total of 3 Bioshock threads. Let's change that. What is your favorite Bioshock game and why? I'd have to go with Bioshock 2:

>Improved gameplay from 1
>Cute backpack lolis
>More well-rounded areas than 1
>Sweet buddy who isn't a fucking traitor this time around
>More enemy variety

Bioshock 1 will always have a place in my heart, despite the game becoming more of a grind on the final stages and that garbage final boss.

We shall not discuss (((that))) game in this thread. Whatever that abomination is, it certainly isn't a Bioshock game.

We did. In 2008.

Because infinite fucked it up so badly that nobody wants to talk about the series.

Shh! Don't name it. We don't talk about 'that' here.

>Why do we never talk about this game anymore?
Nigger it's been ten years why do you have to ask

kys nufag

Bioshock 1 and 2 had some god tier visuals, but besides that honestly the series as a whole is pretty forgettable

This. I remember being extremely hyped for the original, and then also remember the slow, creeping realization as I played it that it was honestly a very mediocre game with some outstanding visual design and little more going for it. They were honestly flat-out full of shit about it with some of the hype, describing an open-ended, thought-provoking game filled with morally gray decisions to make; and then slowly they went back on all thos epromises very sneakily; at one point, I rmemeber them saying you literally did not have to kill anything in the game....then a yea ror so later it was like..."weeeell, I mean, you have to shoot SOME things" and then a while after that it was like "Bioshock is a linear shooter, we never said otherwise, what are you talking about hehe" but by then the hype train was at full speed and, I swear, it was like nobody who played it wanted to admit that this was not the game that they were promised or hyped for, and everyone just pretended like it was some profound piece of art that it really fucking wasn't.

What are your major gripes with the series other than unfulfilled promises? I really wanna know. Bioshock 1's story and setting are amazing. Maybe you feel like Rapture wasn't explored as much as it should? The audio diaries you find in the game really expand the lore.

i agree the setting (especially the visuals!) is god tier, and that the plot had good ideas and had a pretty great twist. The implementation and gameplay though, are pretty fucking mediocre though
I have a soft spot for underwater shit, so believe me when I say i really played through Bioshock with the best of intentions, but besides what I already mentioned I really was not impressed

Infinite ruined BioShock.

I loved bioshock 1, but stopped playing bioshock 2 when in one of those adam sucking segments, a bug or something caused all the enemies in the level to re-spawn with the next wave of enemies and I got rekt. I hadn't saved in like 4 hours and could'nt be bothered to redo everything.

>tfw bioshock 2 could have been better than 1 save for the lame as fuck protagonist and antagonist

>Why do we never talk about this game anymore?

because the broken, half-assed "remastered" editions posioned the well

does anyone know of any other games with similar underwater city aesthetics? genre doesnt matter

cause System Shock II is better, Bioshock feels too casualized for removing inventory and much more simplified level design

It does have a certain charm to it, after playing Prey 2016 I have a newfound appreciation to how much I cared about those games, because I didn't care about anything in Prey.

>tfw infinite almost ruined System Shock too

I don't get it.

Levine was planning on tying System Shock into the Bioshock infinite universe. The picture is Citadel station from System Shock

SOMA maybe? It's not really the same aesthetics but I don't think you're gonna find another game with something like that

Since you brought it up, what are the issues with the remastered version? I was planning on buying it and enjoying Bioshock in 1080 kino.

A good bioshock game hasn't come out since 2010, what do you expect?
People don't talk about timesplitters anymore either but its accepted to be a great game

Bioshock 2's levels are well rounded, but they're awfully short, I went from one level to the next and finished the game in 2 days while looking for sweets and bolts in nooks and crannies.
To add to the list of improvements:
>less restrictions on tonics
>neat new weapons that add another layer to gamplay
>endings are all good to great