Why was he good at archery if his origin was swords?

Why was he good at archery if his origin was swords?

Fuck off with your animeshit

i guess the idea was that the process of archery from your stance to drawing your bow to shooting it is very similar in concept to tracing a weapon. it's very methodical, sequential and technical. he also took archery in school. if it sounds stupid, congratulations, you just realized what most of the fate universe is.

Because shooting swords my arrows is baller so fuck you

Because Japan considers that good archers can empty their mind or something like that, and Shirou's sword autism is optimal for that

Was it ever explained why he had sword autism? Other than Tiaga training him in kendo.

Avalon.

Oh right. That was a thing. So because he had the sheath it just sort of mind controlled him into liking swords? Dammit Nasu.

Having the scabbard of a top tier sword inside him for over a decade.

Gave him sword boners I guess.

Let's be real here though, if Archer had the mana he needed he would never lose.

Pretty much.

It didn't have to do with mana. It had to do with the fact that just killing Shirou wasn't the goal. He needed to break Shirou's heroic ideals before killing him. Simply killing the little tard wasn't enough. He couldn't break Shirou's autism.

I meant like in Stay Night. I know what was up in UBW.

It wasn't really mind-control, it's just that he wanted to become a tool to protect others, and since he already had a sheath in him, swords was just kinda natural

He is pretty weak in the powerlevels scale, you have to keep in mind that servnats get a serious buff if they get summoned in their home turf
Serious Gil beats him easily since he has clairvoyance EX and can use divine constructs unlike Archer, and don't get me started on the absurd powerlevel servants like Edmond Dantes, Solomon or Archer Herc
Cu can also easily kill him, and so can Shiki

He uses swords as arrows.

Does Archer even have a home turf? That guy needs to win the Grail one day. He's had it rough for too long.

>his origin was swords?
He on the schools archery team before all the crazy shit started.

When compared to other Servants he's pretty weak. He has to resort to detonating Noble Phantasms to make up for the differences in strength.

I guess his home turf would be japan
Also he technically wins the HGW in 3 days in HA, but that can't be considered 100% canon

Because Muramasa was his ancestor

Who Shirou is this? And why is he using a jap sword?

Because Fate's writing is an inconsistent clusterfuck.

He's from the future, he has no fame in the past so he kinda gets shafted.

That Muramasa not Shirou

Who dat

Muramasa possessing Shirou's body

Remember when they made Rin into Ishtar, Goddess of Prostitutes? It's basically that again.

Some old fart fucked Mushashi in Shirou body

Well I guess if Rin can get possessed by a anal demon then this is possible too.

Or because OP is a moron that doesn't know Shiro trained in kyudo for years.

Are you retarded

Anyone else here unironically love Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero even if the rest of the nasuverse is shit?

your waifu got fucked by Shirou

No, I'm pretty sure a series that franchise that has a gender-bent King Arthur fuck some random Japanese high school kid is bad enough in premise alone and can't be expected to be a good story. Period.

I like the whole series in general, but fuck if I can find someone to actually talk about it outside of this shithole.

Rin got possessed by Luvia? when?

I do too. Reading Fate was like who the fuck likes this shit. UWB was much better. But then HF and I LOVE cooking.

You're only half wrong.

VNs are games retard

For me it goes like
F/Z > Tsukihime far side routes > F/SN > Tsukihime near side routes

Put Melty Blood stories below F/SN if VNs aren't VIDEOGAME enough

Tsukihime >

but Mitsuzuri says at one point that Shirou never had to try at archery
he just showed up with exceptional skill
that has to do with what said; everything extraneous was burned away in the fire leaving Shirou blank

I watched the anime and I don't get what's so great.

Reminder.
Counter Guardian Archer > Any Servant
He can literally spam Excaliburs.

what anime

Nah. Frankly, I'm kind of sick of seeing it in weeb circles. It's a bunch idea for a story with an equally dumb execution and event dumber spinoff titles alongside the main product. Fuck Type-Moon.

It's pretty overrated. The anime is better than the VN too. It's not even voiced, complete trash. Maybe the remake will be finally worth a read.

>I have finally found you Archer! Now you shall
>Excalibur, Excalibur, Exca you know what fuck it 20 x Excalibur!

Narita is dying.

This.
He gets infinite mana and a additional power boost depending on his opponent

The Airport?

He's so good at archery that he literally never misses by accident. He just decides to use swords as arrows because apparently 4kg of metal flying at 200mph does serious damage.

at least post the girl actually worth reading Tsukihime for

fuck off /fgog/ with your fake news
Gil>kekalot

Wasn't he in the archery club or something? He just liked swords, but the thing he knew how to fight with was archery.

ok

What's wrong with Type Moon?

>Implying Gil>kekalot isn't /fgog/
You know every just laughs at that one shitposter right

That's no excuse to lie about Narita, a thing that originated in /fgog/ for sure

>there will never be a good F/SN game

I didn't say I believed Narita was dying, just that the one perpetuating it is a little shit that nobody believes nor likes.

ok

The problem with action games for something like F/SN is that it's very hard for it to portray even fights, where both servants are clashing and exchanging blows and locking weapons and shit. You can only have dodges and clean hits that are mysteriously ignored, for the most part.

Well, I don't know about Type-Moon in general, but Fate is a shitty franchise.

Nigga, Fate started as an almost sorta game depending on who you ask.

fair enough
there are worse choices

Unlimited Code was kind of alright.

Pseudo-servants, a subset type of servant

Shit that can't be summoned normally for one reason or another has to posses a human host in order to be summoned, basically. Pseudo servants can only posses a host that's very similar to themselves, someone very compatible.

Muramasa said he has no real feats of a hero, so he can't be summoned normally. So by chance he was made to posses Shirou. Divine spirits can't be summoned normally because they're too high tech to be summoned, so Rin, Sakura, and Taiga were possessed. Some old chinese guy didn't want to do work, so he gave Waver his powers and called it a day. Jeanne couldn't be summoned properly in Apoc since Amakusa was still occupying the Ruler mold, so she had to posses a Catholic school girl.

Dammit Nasu

Best girl knows how to Izuna drop

>Servants of the past
>Highly respectable looking and not fanservice at all. Literally zero percent sexualization.

>Servants today
>Just fanservice garbage

Just look at this shit design. Pure fujo bait

Among other things

Punished Archer is way better character.

>Rin, I am already a servant.

>he also took archery in school
He was national champion tier as well.

>reading a vn just for a side character

And Asassin is close to a wraith power level but he is still unbeatable in a meele combat. Only reason Saber won is because his sword is made of the shittiest material.

Its not that he's close to a wraith in power level, its just that he is a wraith shoved into a servant container. That's because he's not actually Sasaki Koijirou; he was just a random ghost around the temple that Medea shoved into a servant mold, but coincidentally the ghost was also a master swordsman. His actual power level isn't bad or anything, he managed to push back Heracles once. Although among servants he's still low tier for obvious reasons, even if his skill is top tier.

He's got barely any legend to rely on since he's a fake, and no NP. He might have a hard time if he wasn't surrounded by the temple. Although his skill is unparalleled. If its a straight sword fight then there might be none that could beat him. Problem is that fights often come down to beams or concepts.

He was the final fight in the most recent story part of FGO. As Musashi and Sasaki battled surpassing the realm of gods or whatever.

>Humans going past the realm of gods by pure skill, training, devotion and fighting spirit.

Might be cheesy but I love it.

I thought the idea behind EMIYA being an Archer was that his projected swords are actually more like arrows in how they're used: they're fragile, disposable, and spammable. Whereas a proper Saber has one sword (or maybe two) which is durable and which they've mastered.

>Their blades clash, their power and skill are equal.
>Both swords transcend time and space, yet their existence and concept are the exact opposite.

>Ten of thousands, hundreds of millions of "possibilities" exist.
>Verify them all, crush them all, stop them all.
>A "finite" sword that strives to reach a single "correct answer".
>Until there is nothing left, cut everything until only "something" remains.
>That is Musashi's "zero". A sword that establishes a "conclusion" that not even the gods can escape from.

>A sword of infinity that leads to multiplicity.
>A way to acknowledge "multiple possibilities".
>An "infinite" sword that gives birth to several "correct answers".
>That is Kojiro's "Tsubame Gaeshi".
>A sword that creates a "future" that not even the gods can escape from.

>An infinite place.
>Or perhaps, an empty place.
>There is no time. There is no space.
>There is no karma. There is no good or evil.
>A situation only those two who put their very souls into their blades can reach.

It is pretty chuuni.

but he is the Saviour of France

Post the Lancer juggle combo. That shit makes me nut.

Man, I really wanted to get into fsn, but it's so slow. I never could get very far. Did anyone else initially go through this? Should I tough it out?

that is an utterly meaningless statement

So she is altverse Musashi? And Shirou Musashi is the real one stuck in his body?

I've only watch unlimited blade works and I only watched it because the twist was spoiled for me and that got me interested.
I liked it enough but have barely looked into the rest of the series.

SAVED

>So she is altverse Musashi?
Girl Musashi for all intents is the real one; in the first place she said she was the same as the real one except for one difference in their past already. Its not really "real" or "fake" anyway in this case, its just very slightly different alternate worlds. Which is the real Shirou, UBW Shirou or HF Shirou? Neither is more real than the other for sure.

>And Shirou Musashi is the real one stuck in his body?
Muramasa =/= Musashi. Muramasa is just a swordsmith.

Male Musashi ain't ever going to be relevant at least.

>kara no kyoukai and Mahoyo
>shit