Is Dawn of War 3 saved?

Is Dawn of War 3 saved?
steamcharts.com/app/285190

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/231430
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably not. The game really just isn't good enough to keep people interested.

It has 500% more people playing than Lawbreakers at least.

It looks better after the free weekend but I have doubts it can keep people playing unless they pump out updates and content like maps or armies.

its better than on launch, because it was a skeletal, experierimental hackjob of a game it felt like they slapped together in under a year

All I want is Necrons, Chaos, and Dark Eldar

>new feature: custom game options, yes it really took 6 months!

I and many others tried so hard to save this piece of shit when we got a real look at the gameplay for the first time.

All this apologists... I bet 90% of those fags don't even play the game.

No guards No buy

Nope, they might be inflating the numbers as players on the forums are complaining you can still find no one to play with, no one in matchmaking usa

>they might be inflating the numbers

Or they people are just playing with AI and custom maps.

>on every level except reality, I am dawn of war
>*dawn of war 3s*

1.7k 24 hour peak. God no. Blood Bowl 2 is going to outpace it again.

price is back up to

>$47.99 USD

Lmao

steamcharts.com/app/231430 IT KEEPS HAPPENING

No way in the warp would I pay five dollars, much less almost fifty, for this.

most people play vs AI
this has always been the case

they should have have commited to either full MOBA or tactical RTS like DoW2. DoW3 can't be salvaged with updates. They really need to repackage the game with the first expansion or it's really over.

How many months of fan criticism did they ignore leading up to release. Quit telling fans what they want and just give them what they want.

Comp stomping is fun
not in DoW3

>Only sold via digital distribution
No.

Nobody buys PC games physically

I do, I refuse to pay for digitally distributed games.
I pay for the rare proper physical release and pirate everything else.
I had the Elex physical edition on pre order until I found out it required Steam even though it comes with 4 game discs. I immediately canceled my pre order.

double the units and add chaos

You are literally stuck in the past mentally

>400 new players
let it go user, it was dead before it was launched. you know why. we all know why.

No Chaos
No Guard
No Tyranids
No Tau
No Dark Eldar
No Necrons
No Adepta even
No complete rosters for existing factions

I won't buy this shitheap ever.

Why? The game is pretty decent and beautiful to watch.

No

>normies in charge of recognizing quality

Why? What difference does it make if you have a file on a dvd or on Steam? Even if they ever took it down or whatever you could still just pirate it. I really don't understand this mentality.

>No Chaos
>No Guard
>No Tyranids
>No Tau
>No Dark Eldar
>No Necrons
>No Adepta even
>No complete rosters for existing factions
Is it just Orks, Eldar, and SM?

Nah, probably just a bunch of buyers remorse faggots booting up the game to see what was new, realizing the game is still shit and shutting it down 5 minutes later.

Same reason he pats down his pockets every two minutes and tugs on a door twice after he locks it.

He's a lunatic with flimsy justifications.

you'll need to clarify that statement, dow3 has sc2 tier pacing and the worst style of any dawn of war

I like SC2 too, they both fun.

Its not my job to "support" a company so I'm not going to just give them money while getting nothing in return, which is what happens when you pay for digital distribution. Pirates own the game they pirate more than the paying customer owns the digitally distributed game they paid for. You are defending giving a company money while getting nothing in return, how cucked can you be?
Digital only and games not being on the actual discs/USB drive you buy them on is the exact reason games are sold unfinished and barely playable, the reason DLC/microtransactions are a thing, and the reason early access (aka paying to test someone's game when devs used to have to pay to test their game) is a thing. "Games as a service" is cancer and has only damaged games.
Digital distribution's only advantage is convenience, but I sacrifice some convenience to play on PC over playing on console so it would be hypocritical of me to pay for digital distribution over a proper physical release just for the convenience when it is inferior in all other aspects.
It is their choice whether or not they release their game in a way I'm willing to pay for. Between all the games I can pirate, will be able to pirate, and can emulate, I will never have to pay for a digitally distributed game and I will never have to use some scum "service" like Steam.

lol what

So you're paying full price for dvd's that cost pennies instead of bandwidth that's probably comparable in price because you need to "get" something for your purchase? You realize how much of a lunatic this makes you sound like, correct?

I honestly have no idea what the rest of that sperg outburst had anything to do with what I said.

It'll do the same thing other Relic games have done and pick up more people when it gets expansions/gets in bundles.

Remember when people hated COH 2 and said it was gonna flop because russians got asshurt and what not? And now it's like the second most played RTS? And remember when the same thing happened with DoW II because it launched with too few races? And then it got a bunch of expansions anyway?

Yeah.

entirely.

But it flopped and wont get any expansions.

You don't have any more right of access to a game just because you buy it physically. The EULAs don't care, the law doesn't care.

>Free weekend
No its not saved, 95% of those 'new' players will not buy the game.

It's sold 400 thousand copies.

company of heroes 2 is still shit though.

the fact i couldn't adjust my camera angle or view, on top of not having CHAOS or The Guard turned me off completely. it also looks like arse and some of the controls are unintuitive. which goes well with the piss poor UI. Do youself a favour and play more DoW2 or even DoW1. both are still good.

>400 thousand copies.

last they said about the necron expansion is it's not under active development, possible they'll kill DoW3 and focus on AoE4

tfw buying coh2 as soon they have american army updates. i remember always losing lategame to krauts and ruskies tanks because american does not have late game tanks back then.

i dont think im gonna buy dow3 1st expension even with necron +1 race la

When did I say anything about bandwidth?
I don't see how any of that was an outburst, especially when it's all right. How can you call me autistic when you are defending some fat billionaire?
You are at the whim of whatever "service" you are "buying" the game from. With the physical copes I own I just made several backups so I never have to use the original discs again.
>The EULAs don't care, the law doesn't care
That is an argument to just pirate and never pay for a game again.

I doubt that. Players might have thrown a shitfit but the reality is that assets are probably already done from before the game launched. The sales are not poor enough not to continue either, not when they are still thousands of times better than most RTS games.