Why not? Xenogears is good.

Y O U A R E W R O N G

I'm not, its a good game.

lol

Most likely some faggot who

1. couldn't understand the story at all

2. started the series with xenoblade

Excellent game with a strong sequel as long as you ignore its plot

2 isn't a very valid reason, I started with Xenoblade and still enjoyed Xenogears a lot.
My guess is just that the guy probably never played it, seeing as he doesn't have any argument for why its bad like he claims.

Great game, super chill to just fuck around in dungeons and craft. Easy to get the good ending as long as you're playing with a guide, but if not it's nearly impossible.
>He doesn't stand tall and shake the heavens

play the psp version

>Still not a Vita download
I mean fuck, look at all those awesome SE games on PSP that just got abandoned.

>couldn't understand the story
Oh. So I guess the story is the only part of a video game. I wasn't aware.

Guessing never got anyone anywhere.

It's fantastic. You have to read a guide for the true ending though (there's literally no way to figure it out on your own). Also you get more dungeons and enemies on hard mode (some of the hard mode dungeons are really hard to progress through without a guide just to warn you).

Enjoy easily one of the best PS1 RPGs ever released

It's one of the best jrpgs I've played on the ps1, which is saying a lot. It's a perfect mix in every way

>beautiful spritework and pre-rendered backgrounds
>unique mix of SRPG and ARPG mechanics
>2d metroidvania-like dungeons and kino-tier story expositions of character

Only thing to warn about is you should use a guide if you want the "true" ending on one play through. It's very hard to trigger by accident because it has some very specific and obscure requirements. Also, playing on "hard" is recommended because it covers the most content, and is actually easier than easy mode in the long run because you obtain superior weapons and gear.

Yes. Depressing as fuck though. Awesome music.

So if you apparently played it and aren't just shitposting, why don't you state what you didn't like?

yes

Valkyrie Profile Hrist never

I played Covenant of the Plume and beat it on the hard route.
Is this game harder? Will I be too frustrated if I play it on hard?

Quicly I have to go to bed!

VP1 is hard. Some enemies require specific weapons to be beaten, and those weapons are brittle as fuck.

no, hard mode is by and large easily manageable. It's actually easy mode that is most difficult in the long run because you'll have shit weapons and gear nearing the end of the game.

Yes and no. Different gameplay the Plume but some of the hard mode bosses will rek you until you figure out the required strategy or level up enough.

Hard mode has some stuff that makes it easier than other modes

Good luck with those undead dragons though.

I'll keep that in mind thanks

Non sequitur. You want to be the victim which is why you're unable to be persuaded.

Don't remember much specifics, but with Dragon Slayer, Mystic Cross or one of those OHKO items you shouldn't have too hard of a time, unless you're underleveled.

I'm just asking because you're making a claim in the minority, but if all you're gonna do is shitpost and avoid the question because you've never played the game, then fuck you, I won't bother responding anymore.

>weapons have a random chance to break and be lost forever

Easily the worst mechanic of all time in JRPGs

I'm not making any claim dickhead. You're the one making a claim and unless you somehow claim that the burden of proof isn't upon you because you're totally a new person just coming into the thread I suggest you start writing your article already

Dragon slayer is the weapon I am talking about. That motherfucker breaks if a wind blows.

It's interesting if nothing else. Visuals are pretty neat and the soundtrack is amazing.
I'd say play it if only to experience a pretty unique game.

You claimed that no one should play the game no matter what, and when I said it was good, you said I was wrong. You are claiming the game is not good, and should not be played by anyone.
>inb4 haha you responded
I'm only going to stop if you reply with another shitpost.

Wasn't Lenneth on the PSP a straight up remake? I'm not too familiar with VP, but I played a bit of the original and a bit of 2.
2 features a sort of make-shift co-op mode where you can control different characters. It's not really anything special, since everyone is assigned to a single face button, but it gives you something to do, I guess. The game is fucking gorgeous though. Probably one of the best looking PS2 games I've seen.

>you claimed
ESL confirmed. I didn't claim a damn thing

>ESL
Nope, My first and only language I'll ever know, and yes you did claim it, I explained how, unless you're not the same user, in which case, why didn't you just say that in the first place, instead of being an ass about it?
You can't tell me you're so dimwitted that you were unable to tell who I thought I was responding to, it was very obvious.

Go play it, nigger. Shit rocks hard.

Pic related; me when people claim unironically that they didn't like Xenogears or Valkyrie Profile

>only language I'll ever know
How sad. He doesn't even understand his own language.

''Featuring Guts from the Berserkā„¢ series!''

the story is a fucking mess give me a break. its written poorly. Its translated poorly. The games budget ran out. The combat is boring as shit. Ive read the perfect works guide. The game fucking sucks. End of story. I'm not even that guy who said dont play it. HURR MUH ELLY HURR MUH WAVE EXISTENCE. Fuck Xenogears.

>''Featuring Guts from the Berserkā„¢ series! voice acted by a tranny"

You shouldn't have to defend yourself. The other guy's reply is that I just don't understand the story. So don't bother with them. The best they can do is samefag like > did

You're only making my dick harder.

Jesus Christ you're dumb

The story seemed fine and interesting to me, granted I didn't catch all of it because I spaced out a couple times during very long dialogue sequences, but the combat was fun as hell for a turn based game.
The budget is an issue, but I wouldn't say that disc 2 is enough of a detractor to make the game bad overall, I'd call it good still, just not amazing or GOAT like its overrated to be.

It shall be engraved upon your soul!

I liked it, but like some already said, the true ending is pretty hard to get without a guide, just look at that fucking opening scene
youtube.com/watch?v=xeNEXjcq36U

DIVINE ASSAULT NIBELUNG VALESTI!!!

Combat and dungeons are great.
Story is ok.Most characters, dungeons or events have no influence in the story and some introductions are way too short or end too abruptly.
No new game plus, so play it on hard mode.

>he did run through the cold of the night, but without passion that burns in his heart.

why

are

you

typing

this?

Is definitely worth a go.

Play it on hard difficulty. You'll have more access to the better equipment for the end-game.

>dude drugs lmao

Oh so that's where that helmet is from.

>dude drugs lmao
What?

>Wasn't Lenneth on the PSP a straight up remake?
Nope, it was just the PS1 game but with snazzy high quality FMV

What happened to this company? Why were these guys only making games when technology was the most limited?

>How nostalgic...

So what are the differences between PSP and PS versions?

I GROW TIRED OF YOU

Tri-Ace had a pretty good run with Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile. They also developed the FFXIII sequels and Resonance of Fate. They're still around. Hell, they even made the 2016 Star Ocean game. Pretty incredible that they're still making SO games after 20 years.

Yes it's great and so is its sequel. Tri-Ace were God tier devs.

Best RPG ever made.

FINISHING STRIKE
ICYCLE

Hrist never

Anime cutscenes replaced with CG. I prefer the anime.

Play on normal blind playthrough.
Then use a guide and play in hard to know how to get true ending.

That's the only and best way to play the game. Disregard everything else

Play it. Best Sakuraba soundtrack.