I need an advice lads. I wan't a new horror game, but I'm torn apart between Resident Evil 7 and Outlast 2

I need an advice lads. I wan't a new horror game, but I'm torn apart between Resident Evil 7 and Outlast 2.
I really loved the first Outlast, but I read everywhere that part two is very disappointing.
I also love the Resident Evil series, up to Code Veronica and was so pissed off by 5 and 6.
Which one do you recommend, b/?

RE7. Outlast 2 was just not as good as the first in any regard, whereas RE7 is actually pretty good on its own merits.

bump because i too wanna know if RE7 is worth it specially the delux edition.

any user got the deluxe edition?

best of the worst? RE7

RE7 was bad but Outlast 2 was irredeemable garbage.

Just get RE7

RE7 was actually good, Outlast 2 was so shit I refunded it.
Outlast 2 doesn't even have combat or puzzles like RE7, it's just a boring and extremely scripted hiding simulator.

This.
RE7 is practically Outlast With Guns, and you only play it once and then never touch it again.

>bump because i too wanna know if RE7 is worth it specially the delux edition.
No.
I paid 25 bucks for the normal game, day 1, and I constantly regretted my purchase.

Op here, sounds like both games aren't that great....

Try Evil Within 1/2 if you haven't already played them.

Why do people torture themselves with such trash nowadays?

Jesus christ folks, if you want quality horror experiences, grab the Silent Hill 1-4 from :

I dunno, I liked the 2nd Outlast more than the first, but a big part of that is the hell and satanic end of the world sort of stuff gets to me in particular, so Outlast 2 left me more haunted than the stuff in Outlast 1 because of my specific phobia of that sort of shit

Both were good, but at least for me, Outlast 2 left me more disturbed at the end of it all, making it the superior horror game for Halloween.

I already played part one and loved it, I'm still waiting for a price drop on two.

I love the SH series, SH 2 is still my favorite game of all time, but I want something new.

That sounds pretty good, I'm really into satanic end of the world scenarios.

If you don't mind first person and enjoyed the original resident evil games you'll enjoy 7. Only downside is easy puzzles.

RE7 is great.
Outlast 2 is trash.
Trust me.

Really liked the first outlast bu theres something about the second that stinks really bad, go for RE7

I never played either

>RE7 is great.
shit taste

Option 3. Alien Isolation

Outlast 2 has amazing graphics
Re7 has a nice little loli that i want to fuck

Get condemned

That's harsh. I don't think that was necessary

>but I want something new.
have you played the Afraid Of Monsters: Director's Cut, and the Cry Of Fear ? Both are free HL1 mods, and heavily inspired by old REs and SHs.

I can't say anything for Outlast, but if you have a chance to play Resi 7 in VR, DEFINITELY go for that.

>RE7 is practically Outlast With Guns
Never trust posters who never played it.

Get RE7 its a real survival horror game unlike Outlast 2,

>Hating the best RE since 4.

>le "y-you didn't even play teh gaem!!" shiller "argument"
it's cute that you youngins have learned a "new" trick, but did it have to be from a fucking Zenimax's textbook?

Well, whateve. Makes (You) even more embarrassed when I BTFO you.

Tell me how its like Outlast then.
Because besides the one time you need to stealth. Their ain't nothing

>game is barely better than RE5 and 6 (or those portable spinoffs), all which people generally hate
>somehow makes it "good"
It's just sad to see people let their standards drop this hard. You need to play more GOOD games again.

You too. You've clearly not played a REAL survival horror game in 15+ years. Or potentially never ever.

>Outlast
>needing to stealth
it's cute when you kids try to be smart.
Both 7 and OL are exactly the same kind of linear, "cinematic", set-piece driven pseudo games. There's exactly ONE (1) section where RE7 starts to feel and play like oldschool RE again, but alas, you new-fags tend to always hate it and claim that it's nothing alike.

>Its like Outlast because its cinematic.
I guess RE4 and RE3 RE2 are outlast clones now seeing how their heavily scripted and linear too. .

>You too. You've clearly not played a REAL survival horror game in 15+ years. Or potentially never ever.
How is it not a survival horror game?

RE7 is the better game and if you have vr its also a much better horror game.

you love getting stuck on single details, don't you?
I bet you thought nuDOOM was exactly the same as original Doom as well, huh?

Dude if you like Code Veronica I see no reason you won't like 7.
IUt's not perfect but its probably the best survival horror game that plays like a classic horror game since ZombiU.

>I have no argument.
I don't care about Doom explain in detail why RE7 is like Outlast because if it ends at "oh its a bit linear and has some scripted moments" that is weak.

This

RE7 without a doubt, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed the first Outlast
Outlast 2 is a shitshow of trail and error bullshit compared to the first

Are you me? I really loved the first Outlast and the DLC. Wtf happened with 2? it was shit from start to finish and never scared me once it just pissed me off I fucking hated it.

I think the problem was having it in a rural setting compared to a building like the first.
Not to mention it was always clear in the first game whether you had to run or play a hide and seek section.

>This fukkin guy

Condemned: Criminal Origins.

That two.
I remember almost every location in the asylum.
But only a few later and all I remember from 2 are dark woods and a knife in my face from dying none stop to complete bullshit.

>"oh its a bit linear and has some scripted moments"
belittling major design elements like that isn't going to win this argument.

Running (or stealthing, if you prefer that) away from unbeatable enemies in tight-nit, claustrophobic and linear levels, with next to nothing to interact with, leading to scripted "oogabooga Imma kill yuuu!" cinematics is such a typical, modern horror game clichee design philosophy. One that cheapens the entire experience by removing dynamicy from the gameplay, made worse by the fact that it tries to jam in this "cinematic" trash into gameplay as well, even purely changing rules of gameplay for specific sections and bossfights.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, we got both auto-saves AND savespots, in a single game. Way to ruin any and all atmosphere and horror by eliminating death-related penalties.

Re7 for sure outlast looks alright but you just sneak and and hold a camera as people hack you to bits. Re7 at least has some decent gun models

You talking about Jack? he's a small part of the game compared to all the monsters you fight and even then you can shoot Jack everytime he shows up. by this logic Nemesis is an Outlast boss.
>"cinematic" trash into gameplay as well, even purely changing rules of gameplay for specific sections and bossfights.
When the hell did that happen? that game is easy to learn.
>AND savespots, in a single game
Like getting ink in RE was anyway hard. Barley changes anything.
And even then you can use tapes in madhouse.

Your reasoning is shit.

Resident Evil without a doubt.

Resident Evil writing can be a bit goofy and cliche here and there, but at least it's fun while Outlast is an edgy "RELIGIOUS REFERENCES" meme.

This.
Outlast takes it self so seriously it somehow becomes more goofy then RE.

>You talking about Jack?
and Margarette. And the Molded appear quite rarely (besides in the ship), and the bugs practically disappear once spider-lady is dealt with.

>you can shoot jack every time he shows up
For no real purpose, as he'll just stand up and start teleporting around again moments later.

>Nemesis is an Outlast boss
There it is again...
Nemmy you COULD gun down for good, until the next scripted meet up sequence, and by doing so you were rewarded with gun-parts and supplies. Choosing the way to deal with him also altered the game's route and even endings.

Jack has none of that going on, and he just limps and teleports around after you, all the same. And when he's gone, and you take care of the FOUR (4) Molded that'll spawn in the house, the entire place is practically empty.

>When the hell did that happen?
Every single bossfight and VHS scene.
>Now we're driving a car! Or dodging one. Don't mind mid-game cinematics that are meant to spooky you in VR!
>Now we're doing chainsaw duels! Don't mind me showing no signs of getting damage, or chopping off your limbs and not explain that you can CLUE them back together with HP bottles!
etc and so on.

>Like getting ink in RE was anyway hard. Barley changes anything.
it's ba-re-ly, and it changes a lot.
Automatic checkpoints render save-spots useless, and means that dying only sets you back a few seconds, rather than potentially entire sections. But alas, this game was clearly designed for Jewdiepie WATCHING morons, not for survival-horror fans who play GAMES.

Madhouse is only available for NG+, which itself is stupid as fuck as well.

>RE7
>cinematic
wut

Outlast II is fucking trash, and I loved the first one

RE7 is a solid 8/10 game.

>and Margarette. And the Molded appear quite rarely
That's a complete lie. your always fighting something in RE7.
>For no real purpose, as he'll just stand up and start teleporting around again moments later.
To stop him its easy you shoot him then move on to explore. again how is this Outlast?
>There it is again...
>Nemmy you COULD gun down for good, until the next scripted meet up sequence, and by doing so you were rewarded with gun-parts and supplies. Choosing the way to deal with him also altered the game's route and even endings.
Oh wow that makes such a difference.
RE3 is mostly a straight line and backtracking is rare.
Fighting him or running away is the same as Jack but Jack will get up after a couple of minutes unlike Nemesis who comes back later. Hardly makes a difference.
>and you take care of the FOUR (4) Molded that'll spawn in the house
You fight molded almost none stop. The only part of the game I can think of where their not around much is in the old house where you need to fight Margarette and that's it.
>Now we're driving a car! Or dodging one. Don't mind mid-game cinematics that are meant to spooky you in VR!
How did you not get that? that seriously confused you?
>>Now we're doing chainsaw duels! Don't mind me showing no signs of getting damage, or chopping off your limbs and not explain that you can CLUE them back together with HP bottles!
Are you serious right now? you hit him with the chainsaw and he screams then his face opens up with a massive tumour thing and chainsaw it.
And you didn't know how to put on limbs? I never even knew that could happen in the chainsaw fight Jack puts down a health bottle right in front of your face its so easy. How do you suck this much?
>Automatic checkpoints render save-spots useless, and means that dying only sets you back a few seconds, rather than potentially entire sections
In the basement if you die once before the chainsaw duel you need to do everything again.

You suck.

>your always fighting something in RE7.
Far from it. Empty corridors and empty rooms, everywhere, before ship happens.

>being able to shoot something down = not Outlast!
Like said, you're stickier than chewing gum.

>makes such a difference
you sound like a broken record too.
Yes, it makes a difference. Yes, there's plenty of backtracking AND even alternative routes in RE3.

And yes, Nemmy is from totally different plane of existence compared to Jack. He's fast, can shoot you, and can follow you everywhere, minus saverooms obviuosly, including areas with OTHER enemies. Something RE7 severely lacks of.

>you fight molded none stop
>none stop
kek. And no, go play the game again. The molded are literally confined to the basement of the main house for the first 1/3rd of the game. I still got numerous save states on my PC, throughout the different stages of the game, with most of them having literally empty house with nothing to be afraid of.

>How did you not get that?
it's less about "getting" it, more about there being lack of any feedback on the progress of the fight. And the fact that if you miss your chance with the car, you're practically dead.

The chainsaw fight had me stuck THE longest time in the whole game.
Like I've said to RE7-fags like you before, I never ever got that health bottle cinematic, because I did not suck ass with stealth in the beginning (and why would you? There's fucking chest-high walls everywhere!). And the game never ever shows you that cinematic again later on.

I'd cut the bastard to half and to the tumor some 4-5 times before he'd always chop my leg off, which seemed very scripted to me. Only after checking out the thing from Google and learning you can indeed re-attach limbs (because that's supposed to make sense) did I get past the fucker.

>In the basement if you die once before the chainsaw duel you need to do everything again.
Nope. And one (1) exception doesn't change the rule.

>You suck
No, this "game" sucks.

>The same fucking assblasted RE7 hater in literally every thread the game is mentioned.

Lots of RE fans like the game, get over yourself.

finished it three times desu.

RE7 was alright. It had some major problems like lack of enemy variety, and the last section of the game was really bland but the game was still a solid 7/10 and I hope to see them refine the formula for RE8.

>Far from it. Empty corridors and empty rooms, everywhere, before ship happens.
If you had anymore monsters then their already was then the game would be a none stop parade of monsters.

>Like said, you're stickier than chewing gum.
ok.

you sound like a broken record too.
Yes, it makes a difference. Yes, there's plenty of backtracking AND even alternative routes in RE3.

>And yes, Nemmy is from totally different plane of existence compared to Jack. He's fast, can shoot you, and can follow you everywhere, minus saverooms obviuosly, including areas with OTHER enemies. Something RE7 severely lacks of.
Your comparing Nemesis who follows you through the entire game and who the whole game based around to Jack who only has one section in the game and leaves till the end for one last boss fight.
Again how is this one enemy who is in for mostly just the start anything like Outlast?

>kek. And no, go play the game again. The molded are literally confined to the basement of the main house for the first 1/3rd of the game. I still got numerous save states on my PC, throughout the different stages of the game, with most of them having literally empty house with nothing to be afraid of.
Lets see you fight the molded in the basement then the top of the old house then the house again then basement again then Lucas's fun house all the way to the boat.
Almost the entire game you have to fight molded with maybe one or two rooms with nothing trying to kill you in it between. You are you full of shit if you say otherwise.

>it's less about "getting" it, more about there being lack of any feedback on the progress of the fight.
You shoot him and gets hurt enouth he'll go to the car to start the next stage of the fight or you get the keys and run him over. anyone can figure this out.

>The chainsaw fight had me stuck THE longest time in the whole game.
Christ you suck.
>Like I've said to RE7-fags like you before, I never ever got that health bottle cinematic, because I did not suck ass with stealth in the beginning (and why would you? There's fucking chest-high walls everywhere!). And the game never ever shows you that cinematic again later on.
its a tiny ass room you get your leg and reattach it. Its fucking simple and if you dying to this then just stop sucking ass at the game its an easy fight.
>Learning you can indeed re-attach limbs (because that's supposed to make sense)
They shoved this at very start of the game you know this about Ethan from almost the start.
And again it really does just come down to you sucking I managed to do the boss after my second attempt you pussy.
>Nope. And one (1) exception doesn't change the rule.
>Its not truth because I say so
Lol.

>No, this "game" sucks. From everything you said it sounds like you suck at games.

>lol lol you suck
great arguments. It's ALMOST as if you'd be trying to counter-argument...

The car scene isn't hard to figure out, it's just tedious. And like all Jack fights, there's a horrible lack of space and indications of any progress being made. If Jack gets the car first, you may as well reload previous save.

And no, they do not show that a green herb bottle is a magical clue that can re-attach limbs, unless you get caught and raped by Jacky boy in the very start of the game.

Excuse me for getting used to the fact that a lost limb = death, as it has been in all past RE games.

And no matter how hard you try, this game is still disposable, single-use-only trash, that plays and feels nothing like oldschool REs (before and after the Ship, that is). You have to be very starved Sonygerian to play this mess multiple times.

>Lots of RE fans like the game
you mean the movie fans, don't you?
The same people who can't find the first save room in REmake for two hours straight?

Resident Evil VII is a survival horror game where you have to worry about resource management, risk vs reward, combat and puzzles. Outlast II is like the first game where you're essentially funnelled through a linear experience avoiding combat and enemies. That's not to say it's bad, although I personally prefer the more traditional survival horror genre.

>you mean the movie fans, don't you?

No those are RE5 and RE6. RE7 is absolutely nothing like the movies.

PLAY DARKWOOD

THE DEVS EVEN PUT UP A TORRENT, LITERALLY NO DOWNSIDE

it really gets my goat that because REVII has a first person perspective folks assume it's an outlast/amnesia clone. Couldn't be further from the truth and I wish more people would actually play it before shitting on it.

>great arguments. It's ALMOST as if you'd be
trying to counter-argument...
Probably because it's entirely true almost all your arguments boil down to "I hate this game because I died a lot and I don't know what to do."
>The car scene isn't hard to figure out, it's just tedious. And like all Jack fights, there's a horrible lack of space and indications of any progress being made. If Jack gets the car first, you may as well reload previous save.
You run over to the counter and pick up the key and get in the car I did it on my first go and hit Jack with my car.
I only learned after I beat the game Jack could get in the car.
>If Jack gets the car first, you may as well reload previous save.
God your a pussy.
On madhouse I just got next to him and started slashing him with a knife anytime he hit a wall.
Shows what kind of loser you are when you just quit after that.
>And no, they do not show that a green herb bottle is a magical clue that can re-attach limbs, unless you get caught and raped by Jacky boy in the very start of the game.
Its on the fucking floor you little bitch. Your in a tiny ass room this shit is easy. and again just stop sucking at this part and you'll stop losing your limbs.
>Excuse me for getting used to the fact that a lost limb = death, as it has been in all past RE games.
Your alive for almost a full minute you have plenty of time to reattach your limb.

>And no matter how hard you try, this game is still disposable, single-use-only trash, that plays and feels nothing like oldschool REs
Yes it does more then anything after CV. and I've replayed it three times I love it.
>You have to be very starved Sonygerian to play this mess multiple times.
Or I'm just an RE fan who enjoys this great throw back to what made RE great. Sorry that makes you upset.

Also I thought this was an argument that RE7 was like Outlast? You dropped that fast didn't you?

>it really gets my goat that because REVII has a first person perspective folks assume it's an outlast/amnesia clone. Couldn't be further from the truth and I wish more people would actually play it before shitting on it.

Doesn't matter, people will make mountains out of molehills because they hate the new direction. RE7 wasn't a perfect game but people who say it's trash clearly have an axe to grind.

no game is perfect but after years of piss in the form of 5/6/revelations (yes revelations is shit) I was glad to feel some form of tension in an RE game again.

RE7 gave me a feeling of tension I hadn't felt since ZombiU years ago.
Almost all the faggots I see who cry about 7 are butt hurt faggots who cry about the smallest shit.
RE7 has its problems but I enjoyed it enouth I would gladly put it next to the other RE game on my shelve.

yeah, RE7 is only liked by the wider movie-watching audiences.

Great argument.

>yes revelations is shit

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Revelations was a shitty halfstep that felt like it didn't have the balls to actually go back to Survival Horror proper. I unironically prefer the action games over this shit because at least they're not this half-assed attempts at horror. Except for Leon's campaign in RE6, fuck that as well.

>"I hate this game because I died a lot and I don't know what to do."
No, I hate it because I was lied of what it is, because its "fans" don't know what Resident Evil was originally, think that this is the first time RE's been in first-person view, and because I was mostly bored to sleep by this yet another patronizing set-piece trash.

>You run over to the counter and pick up the key and get in the car I did it on my first go and hit Jack with my car.
yeah, that's totally the first idea I'd have in a tiny garage, in a Resident Evil game... not.

>Shows what kind of loser you are when you just quit after that.
Who said I quit? I retried both Jack fights like half a dozen times in a row. Doesn't change the fact that the game does not stick to its core gameplay formula and does shit job indicating your job in these fights.

>Its on the fucking floor you little bitch.
What is?
Your leg? Yeah, I got it, couldn't do anything with it as it is. And the steady ratio I did lose the limb in exact same manner, at same part even, did indeed make it seem like that it's a scripted scene.

Nothing to do with sucking, it's just a bad game that doesn't tell you what is happening, and what you need to do when one of its own special conditions is met.

>Your alive for almost a full minute you have plenty of time to reattach your limb.
With a bottle of green water. Totally my first thought. And before you bring up the left hand, you spend a huge chunk with it in your inventory, unable to do anything to it, until Zoey STAPLES it back on you.

>Yes it does more then anything after CV.
And that somehow makes it "good"?
If the bar is set to literal ground level, rising it couple millimeters does not make it groundbreaking or even "good". Thinking that way just shows desperation for games. Plus, you've clearly forgotten the existence of REmake, Zero, and Dead Aim.

>I've replayed it three times I love it.
I've played it once, and I hate it.

Just read this thread and holy shit, I never knew you could lose and reattach limbs in Re7. And nor did I know Jack could get in the car!
I wasn't a fan of the chainsaw fight cos I thought once I cut him up a bunch I was meant to do something else since he didn't change at all and it never really indicated that what I was doing was actually progressing the boss fight.

That said, it was the better of the two games in OP.

I'd also recommend the evil within 2.
Just finished it and it was pretty awesome.
Like all horror, it loses its spookiness pretty early on, but the story (whilst being a little cliche) is pretty well delivered in terms of feels felt.

Also try alium isopropyl alcohol if you haven't already. It is scary when facing the androids, but in all honesty the bits with the ayy end up being pretty tedious, and the game is far too long for its own good.

Also try:

Condemned - criminal origins
The Suffering
Fatal frame
Obviously all the silent hill games (including the last two, since you gotta come to love the shittiness too)

>Screencap of some underage kid or falseflagger on Sup Forums that has nothing to do with the actual game itself.

This is fucking pathetic dude.

>No, I hate it because I was lied of what it is, because its "fans" don't know what Resident Evil was originally, think that this is the first time RE's been in first-person view, and because I was mostly bored to sleep by this yet another patronizing set-piece trash.
I know it's not the first to be first person and again your crying about set pieces when most of the game is just fighting monsters.
The game is mostly scripted at the very start the rest of the game has maybe one or two scripted moments every now and then.

>yeah, that's totally the first idea I'd have in a tiny garage, in a Resident Evil game... not.
Maybe use your head? I ran around the room looking for items the second I saw the key I made the connection again its easy.

>Who said I quit?
You said you might as well restart you pussy.
>I retried both Jack fights like half a dozen times in a row. Doesn't change the fact that the game does not stick to its core gameplay formula and does shit job indicating your job in these fights.
How? its easy you get in the car you hit him or you shoot him in the face like most RE bosses. simple as shit.

>What is?
>Your leg? Yeah, I got it, couldn't do anything with it as it is. And the steady ratio I did lose the limb in exact same manner, at same part even, did indeed make it seem like that it's a scripted scene.
Both your leg and your health item their are youtube videos showing this in clear detail.

>Nothing to do with sucking,
Its everything to do with you sucking you keep losing your leg on this boss fight that took only two tries to beat.
>it's just a bad game that doesn't tell you what is happening, and what you need to do when one of its own special conditions is met.
You hit with your chainsaw till he's dead what more is their to get?

>With a bottle of green water. Totally my first thought. And before you bring up the left hand, you spend a huge chunk with it in your inventory, unable to do anything to it, until Zoey STAPLES it back on you.
what are you even talking about? the health item is on the floor pick it up and reattach your limb. its easy.

>And that somehow makes it "good"?
If the bar is set to literal ground level, rising it couple millimeters does not make it
groundbreaking or even "good". Thinking that way just shows desperation for games. Plus, you've clearly forgotten the existence of REmake, Zero, and Dead Aim.

I liked it more then most games this year.
Is it as good as Remake or RE2? hell no but that doesn't mean its bad your just a whiny bitch.

>I've played it once, and I hate it.
Because you suck at games and you have shit taste I know man I know.

>Just read this thread and holy shit, I never knew you could lose and reattach limbs in Re7.
I never knew this either till after I finished its crazy this somehow happens none stop to some anons.

>I wan't a new horror game, but I'm torn apart between Resident Evil 7 and Outlast 2.

Evil Within 2 - 8/10
Resident Evil 7 - 7/10
Outlast 2 - 6/10
Alien Isolation - 7/10 (some times feels like a 5/10)

These are what I've played, which are mentioned in the thread. Of all these, Evil Within 2 gives you the most bang for your buck. Of these, the scariest is Outlast 2, but it is also the shortest game on this list. Which of these has the best story? Evil Within 2, has the right mix of campy, characters and atmosphere. Resident Evil 7 is okay, but it's thematically all over the place, and doesn't do anything particularly good. Still a lot better than 5/6 but the characters and story are so strange and departed from what we know of as RE, that it feels more like a reboot than a sequel.

>The Suffering
My nigga.

>most of the game is just fighting monsters
you mean A monster? Seriously, there's so much empty padding and maybe one molded coming at you at all time, it's amazing that anyone can stay motivated with this game for long. And unlike in past games, majority of the few enemies you face you NEED to eliminate to even proceed forward, because of the claustrophobic level design.

>use your head?
I did. Priority #1: get a gun.
#2: shoot the BOW down.

if said BOW manages to get into the car, it's game over. You literally NEED to utilize a scripted set-piece to win the fight.

>you said
yes, because you've hit a wall. Nothing you can do any more.

>how?
You do know that the bastard can drag you out of the car and do other action impairing moves on you?

>Both your leg and your health item their are youtube videos showing this in clear detail.
Yeah, I know. I picked the HP bottle right off the bat in the fights, but I still do not understand who at Crapcom thought that pouring Mountain Dew on a cut-off limb makes it grow back. Seriously mate, that is not common logic, that's not even video game logic.

>boss fight that took only two tries to beat.
I've seen enough forum posts and YT vids to know that I'm not the only one having problems with this fight. It's easily the most bullshit scene in the game.

>what are you even talking about?
I already told you. You need to combine HP bottle and leg to get it back. That does not compute.
And if you got no HP items? Tough luck, you bleed to death.

>I liked it more then most games this year.
Because besides BotW, this year has once again been terrible so far.
Sorry, but some of us don't have such a tiny scope when it comes to judging games.

>Is it as good as Remake or RE2? hell no but that doesn't mean its bad your just a whiny bitch.
When there's no replay value, puzzles suck, writing sucks, gameplay sucks and there's a DLC wave to be paid, it's nothing but a terrible mess.

>broken record
are you 12?

Outlast 2 is better, IMO, but it is an experience game, so there is not a lot of replay value there

RE7 is a repackaged VR game, shilled to death here
the family segment is amazing, but once you abandon the mansion, you are in for hours and hours of filler shootan and find the key and go back sections

>you mean A monster?
Theirs four types of molded in the game. could of been more that's one of few problems with 7.
> there's so much empty padding and maybe one molded coming at you at all time
You mean like most REs where theirs maybe one zombie slowly walking towards you?
And even then most encounters with molded have like three of four coming at you all at once.
>And unlike in past games, majority of the few enemies you face you NEED to eliminate to even proceed forward, because of the claustrophobic level design.
How is that any diffrint here? its still claustrophobic and you still need to kill most of the monsters in front of you if you want to progress.

>I did. Priority #1: get a gun.
>#2: shoot the BOW down.
That's one way to beat him yes or you could do what a lot of players did and get in the car and run him over this isn't a secret its plain as day.

>if said BOW manages to get into the car, it's game over.
No its fucking not you pussy you can keep shooting him or slashing at him its not hard.

>You literally NEED to utilize a scripted set-piece to win the fight.
No you don't you can shoot him or you can use the car its options that rewards quick thinking.

>yes, because you've hit a wall. Nothing you can do any more.
.....Are you DSP? because you can in fact kill him when he's in the car
Seriously why do you suck at games?

>You do know that the bastard can drag you out of the car and do other action impairing moves on you?
Yes so start the car before he gets to your window and drags you out.

>Yeah, I know. I picked the HP bottle right off the bat in the fights, but I still do not understand who at Crapcom thought that pouring Mountain Dew on a cut-off limb makes it grow back. Seriously mate, that is not common logic, that's not even video game logic.
I think your just bullshitting me now. the second you grab the health item you spray it over your limb the games does this all for you, and bomb your back in the fight

RE7 is horror for like the first 45 minutes then it becomes a shooter with inventory management.

Outlast 2 is a masterpiece of presentation with unfortunately mediocore gameplay. Didn't like the flashback sections much either

Played re7 3 times, it was fun, little stealthy at first but then as you get more guns it feels more like older re games, and beaten the game unlocks the unlockable weapons which add a more interesting challenge.

Can't say much on outlast I'm afraid because I'm not a fan of hiding simulators, I've seen too many lets plays to bother

Outlast 2 is utter shit
RE7 is slightly less shit but still not good.

>I've seen enough forum posts and YT vids to know that I'm not the only one having problems with this fight. It's easily the most bullshit scene in the game.
A lot of people have a hard time with the first cuphead boss dosin't mean its hard.
I know a lot of people are casuals now but this fight is not hard at all.

>I already told you. You need to combine HP bottle and leg to get it back. That does not compute.
>And if you got no HP items? Tough luck, you bleed to death.
You really are lying to me the second you get both your limb back at you grab the health item the game puts on your limb all by itself in a cutscene. if you really did pick up both your leg and the health item this would of happened.

>Because besides BotW, this year has once again been terrible so far.
D you hate most of the games this year because you suck at them? wouldn't be surprised honestly.

>When there's no replay value,
Its called madhouse.
> puzzles suck
The birthday puzzle and bedroom puzzle were fantastic.
>writing sucks,
This true for ever RE game.
>there's a DLC wave to be paid
One of the few times I'll agree with you that sucks.

>are you 12?
Are you five? would explain why you suck at games.

>Outlast 2 is better, IMO, but it is an experience game,
I swear Sup Forumss taste just gets worse and worse.

>Theirs four types of molded in the game
I can only think of 3, but they're practically all reskins.

>like most REs
you clearly never played 2 and 3.

>most encounters with molded
is ONE (1) coming at you, in a narrow hallway.
The salt mine is a big exception.

>How is that any different here?
I was referring RE7 being the claustrophobic one that makes you kill shit most of the time.

>that's one way to beat him
he gets in the car no matter what, and at that point it is essentially game over for you. And yes, it will be VERY hard at that point.
If killing him while in the car is still an option, then good for you. Doesn't change the fact that you're practically forced into knife-only run at that point.

>start the car before he gets to your window and drags you out.
requires setting up ideal conditions. Not easy, not the first priority any sensible person would have in said scene. And no other RE boss has utilized a fucking vehicle.

>I think your just bullshitting me now
I am not.

>cuphead boss
totally different thing. One is all about attack memorization, and using the same gameplay and moves to deal with them. RE7 doesn't even tell you what's required to beat the boss.

>You really are lying to me the second you get both your limb back at you grab the health item the game puts on your limb all by itself in a cutscene.
it did not. And if it did not trigger because I instantly grabbed the bottle at the start of fight (because why not?), then it's yet another moronic game-design mistake. Even more so since in start of the game, using a bottle on your cut-off hand just washes off the blood on your face.

>D you hate most of the games this year because you suck at them?
No. I hate most of them because they're the same cancerous trash we've had to deal with for almost a decade. The BotW was a very refreshing exception, a truly non-patronizing game.

>Its called madhouse.
No replay value.

>B-day puzzle
Watching a "video" and then avoiding the traps by skipping the obvious death traps = a "puzzle"?

>bedroom puzzle
that was a puzzle now as well??

>this true for ever RE game
No other RE game had such an infuriating twat as an MC, and didn't drop constant F-bombs. 7 was written by a bloody yank, and it shows.

>le sucking at games may may
I've played way more, and way more challenging games than this. Only reason RE7 caused me problems was the sheer fact that it doesn't know what kind of game it wants to be, or if it even wants to be a game at all.
It's literally made for the Twitch -staring "I don't have time to PLAY games, you nerd!" -audiences.

>I can only think of 3, but they're practically all reskins.
Since they all work differently no.
>you clearly never played 2 and 3.
I've played them all I was mostly talking about Remake you know the best one? most zombie encounters are one or two in the same room like 7.
>is ONE (1) coming at you, in a narrow hallway.
The salt mine is a big exception.
I can think of many times when I'm being attacked by more then one.

>I was referring RE7 being the claustrophobic one that makes you kill shit most of the time.
And you can run past of a lot of monsters two and again how is this different? RE1 has plenty of narrow rooms where you need to kill what's in front of you.

>he gets in the car no matter what, and at that point it is essentially game over for you
Why are you bullshitting? I played the game dude he dosin't get in the car no matter what if you get in the car yourself and run him other at which point the fights pretty much done besides one part where he walks at you on fire.
>If killing him while in the car is still an option, then good for you. Doesn't change the fact that you're practically forced into knife-only run at that point.
You act like this is hard you just need to run up to him when he hits a wall and slash at him or shoot him its easy as piss you pussy.

>requires setting up ideal conditions. Not easy, not the first priority any sensible person would have in said scene. And no other RE boss has utilized a fucking vehicle.
The keys are in the corner of the room you idiot.
If you choice the car first he will drag you and keep fighting you till you hit him enouth for him to go to stage two where he gets in the car.
So you can easily still get the key by looking around the room.
That or just get the keys right away because their in plain sight.

>I am not.
Yes you are.

RE7 if you want more of a mixture between survival and horror, Outlast 2 if you want an experience solely for horror that will make you shit your pants

>I swear Sup Forumss taste just gets worse and worse.

>totally different thing. One is all about attack memorization, and using the same gameplay and moves to deal with them. RE7 doesn't even tell you what's required to beat the boss.
I'll tell you what you need to do you get the chainsaw you hit him again and again till the tumour thing comes out of him at which point the game flat out tells you chainsaw the tumour to kill him!
The game literally explains this to you and you still couldn't do it!

>it did not. And if it did not trigger because I instantly grabbed the bottle at the start of fight (because why not?),
Their is no bottle till you lose your limb its a scripted thing that only happens when your low on health and even then its rare.
At which point the health item will be on the floor right in front of you and you have to crawl to it pick it up along with your leg and the game does the rest for you.

>No. I hate most of them because they're the same cancerous trash we've had to deal with for almost a decade. The BotW was a very refreshing exception, a truly non-patronizing game.
You just sound like very boring and whiny person who bitches about stupid shit.

>No replay value.
>Madhouse dosin't count because I said so!

>Watching a "video" and then avoiding the traps by skipping the obvious death traps = a "puzzle"?
You do the puzzle first then re do it this time avoiding the mistakes of the first guy its great.

>that was a puzzle now as well??
The bedroom DLC was great.

>No other RE game had such an infuriating twat as an MC, and didn't drop constant F-bombs
Awwww does swearing hurt your little ears? and constant? Ethan hardly talks. I wanted him to talk more.

>7 was written by a bloody yank, and it shows.
Your a Weaboo faggot.

>I've played way more, and way more challenging games than this.
Yet you suck at RE7 hmmmm.

Only reason RE7 caused me problems was the sheer fact that it doesn't know what kind of game it wants to be
Its a survival horror game. where you shoot monsters in the face. Its simple you somehow you suck at it

All I've learned from any of this is that your a loser who sucks at games
Also please don't play Zelda on master quest I think it might be way too hard for you.

>bullshit x2
still not bullshitting ya.

>REmake is the only game
even that one allows circling around most foes, using the circular map-design + AI behaviors.

>many times when I'm attacked by more than one
Me too, but they are not the majority of all encounters.

>the keys and shit
Finding keys is not hard. Getting in the car is the challenging part, and not the first idea I'd have in such situation. Especially when said foe can literally rip off a cars roof off with bare hands.

And having to knife-fight any of the family members is plain suicidal.

>game flat out tells you chainsaw the tumour to kill him!
Didn't. Or was this again my fault for disabling tutorials and shit? The crap everyone always tells to cut off in order to make modern games "good" again?

>Their is no bottle till you lose your limb its a scripted thing that only happens when your low on health and even then its rare.
Literally never ever happened to me.
I only later on saw a Youtube video of that, and they've only been right from the beginning of the game.

>You just sound like very boring and whiny person who bitches about stupid shit.
and you sound like a GenZ child who doesn't take anything seriously and is fine with C-grade trash.

>Madhouse
changes practically nothing. You just die faster.

>linear trick & trap house is a puzzle
"OK"

>DLC
oh, never played that, because DLC.
Still not an argument.

>Ethan hardly talks
He can't shut up. I wanted to kick his teeth in every time he opened his mouth.

>weeaboo
And you're a burget lardass.

>you suck at RE7
I literally cannot die again in the game after finishing it once. That should tell how damn linear, scripted and static the game is.

>he thinks MQ is "hard"
I bet you never beat LoZ1 and 2 either, kiddo?
Or S-ranked any of the original RE trilogy's games.

>Its a survival horror game.
It's not. And your definition of the genre is just insulting.

Outlast 2 is total dogshit, at a gathering my mates made me play outlast 1 while we were drinking and it made for good entertainment cause im not so good with horror sobor. After we beat it they bought outlast 2 for the next session and it just totally fell flat, nothing is scary and the story is like a fanfaction or some shit.

Dunno about RE, looks decent, but DO NOT buy outlast 2

He's saying that theres no real stakes, and that the biggest driving force in both games is just moving from one place to the other. Obviously RE7 is superior in this regard cause of locked doors and shortcut backtracking and shit, but he's saying that the majority of your gameplay through both games are of the same variety

Not hard to understand if you played video games and didnt just shitpost TBQH

RE7 is the exact same shit as REmake but in FPS format, the stakes are the same in the Mad House difficulty.

>Running (or stealthing, if you prefer that) away from unbeatable enemies in tight-nit, claustrophobic and linear levels, with next to nothing to interact with, leading to scripted "oogabooga Imma kill yuuu!" cinematics is such a typical

Same god damn shit with Mr.X, Tryant, Nemesis and Lisa.

>And as if that wasn't bad enough, we got both auto-saves AND savespots, in a single game. Way to ruin any and all atmosphere and horror by eliminating death-related penalties.

Mad House

>still not bullshitting ya.
Do I have to keep explaining this? grab the leg then the health item and your leg will be fixed I'm not explaining this again.

>even that one allows circling around most foes, using the circular map-design + AI behaviors.
Still a lot of narrows places and again you can run past monsters in 7.

>Me too, but they are not the majority of all encounters.
Half the fights are in the basement alone their are two rooms where more then one molded attack you. a lot of fights in RE7 have more then one monster on your ass.

>Finding keys is not hard. Getting in the car is the challenging part
HOW! you get the keys and get in the car how is this so hard for you?

>Especially when said foe can literally rip off a cars roof off with bare hands.
Yeah when your in the car and the fight is pretty much over.
>And having to knife-fight any of the family members is plain suicidal.
Your webcam literally shows Ethan attacking Jack with a knife!
If he avoided getting hit he would of killed Jack without even firing a shot.
>Didn't. Or was this again my fault for disabling tutorials and shit? The crap everyone always tells to cut off in order to make modern games "good" again?
I don't get you. You hate the game for apparently holding your hand yet when it dosin't you whine about it.
And even then without the text on the screen its a massive big "fuck me here spot" what else are you going to do but hit his tumour?
>Literally never ever happened to me.
The health item is on the floor in front of you when you lose your leg what more is their to get?

>and you sound like a GenZ child who doesn't take anything seriously and is fine with C-grade trash.
Sorry I enjoy games gramps and I'm not a boring shit who can't play games like you.

>changes practically nothing. You just die faster.
Changes up item location and monster encounters the whole car fight is even harder since the key is now in a locker that needs lock picking mid fight.