17 million sold on ONE platform

Why is it so popular?

Fun with friends.

Because it was made by NeoGAF.

>17 million people
>NeoGAF
(You) are funny.

It has that kind of game play where you can blame 1000 others things for dying besides being shitty or just poor play yourself.

Peer pressure marketing

>"A butterfly distracted me!"

That's a lot of Chinamen.

So lads, how much will it sell altogether?

>40 million pc
>25 million ps4
>10 million xbone
>25 million across next gen consoles

A total of 100 million sounds reasonable by this stage

It's the most popular game in every country

Literally this. I had no intention of buying this game based off the shitty name alone. It was gifted to me for my birthday and I actually enjoyed it. Sat down my girlfriend and even my buddy and both loved it too and bought it themselves. All because I was bullied to install and try it.

Its a cool concept, yet the game itself falls way too short.

Its fun and something new for a week, then you realize how repetitive and boring it is, when its already too late to refund.

Nah it will be replaced by a better free to play game within the next 3 years.
Game will not sell north of 50 million.

Hey kid, you wanna play some good ol doto?

We'll despite its many flaws and the fact that it's still an unfinished mess, it's very fun to play with my buds. Everyday after work we get on discord and play a few rounds. It's great.

I think it's going to be a minecraft situation to be honest, with all the clones being regarded as shit.

Can't see it being replaced by a f2p game for sure

meant to write well,*

>ps4
lmao

Nah Minecraft is different.
It was actually a new thing. PUBG isn't anything new.
It is essentially a more faith full clone of DayZ watered down to a normie audience. The chinese love it.

Streamer hype and hijinks.
The actual objective game itself is pretty shit though.
I've got a bunch of friends who really liked it, but I have enough trouble
enjoying Overwatch with them when I'm not willing to have studied the game
to know the exact meta answer to each situation.

"Why are you playing Hanzo?"
-"He's the character I'm best at,a nd the best I can do"
(never invite me to play again).

Also, PUBG's fucking boring, and needs more work put into making the lag not
a mess, and less work put into banning people for rekking streamers.

>PUBG isn't anything new.
It quite clearly is or it wouldn't be so popular. There have been some literally who tier mods/games before it, just like there almost certainly were with minecraft/

People aren't buying it for its refinement/polish.

It's just average enough to have mass appeal and not offend anyone, it's just... There. Being a game.

its fun with friends. Im sure cod with friends didnt work and css got stale after 20 years. Oh and black magic. Making dayz AND this is kinda over the top

It is literally a watered down DayZ. The even copied the way you can look around without changing direction.
DayZ was also widely popular and boosted ARMA sales. However it wasn't for the lowest of the low normies like PUBG is.

The concept of the circles is new in anything vaguely mainstream.

50 million dollars spent on marketing.

Warcraft III isn't mainstream?

>dayz invented the free look
lul

CHINA NUMBA WUN!

Is the game still fun to play without frens?

Dotes is dead dude

It's finally an FPS game which is fun and not team based, so you can suck all you want and everything will be fine, you don't have to project insecurities to your teammates when you lose, and you don't have to spend time improving in the game. Literally just play and have fun.

Did you like the movement/fighting in MGS4/5/SOCOM, and wouldn't mind a janky compromise? Then probably.

Both PUBG and DayZ started as mods for Arma 2, I believe the battlegrounds mod might even predate Day Z. Gameplay wise? Sure yeah it's somewhat reminiscent of what Day Z gave us, you just force people to fight rather than letting them wander around naturally.

As someone who was one of the first 3,000 people to buy Minecraft I can also say it's not as straightforward as you think, around the time MC was starting up there were multiple other block building games that were in the mix and MC didn't really stand out. What got MC going was the other games tripping over themselves and being shit while Notch got to work on a little something called Infdev. Once the infinite maps were in that was it, people were sold on the idea of how grand MC could be (even though 99.9% of what people wanted was never added it still blew up).

In the end PUBG hits one important point, it's fun. Like other mods turned huge successes before it (CS, Dota) it's showing that one very fun gameplay concept is something that people will flock to even if the game itself is very janky.

Hmm, didnt play MGS5 too much, but I enjoy competitive games (overwatch LoL rocket league). Also seems fun to fuck around in

It's honestly kinda boring in solo, but it's really good in co-op because suddenly it becomes an entirely different game.

Agreed, I don't see this much communication in other co-op/multi games. GTA Heists and old Splinter Cell multiplayer are the only thing I can think of that are comparable in that regard.

It's fun

All that's wrong with it right now is that it runs like shit and chinks are bleeding out into other servers. Once they work on the optimisation and add a couple of new maps it'll be great.

[citation needed]

why do PC gamers have the most fun bros? it's not fair...

>I just realized I had left-over puss from my foot wound I had to suck so I wasn't looking at the monitor.

Groupthink/herd mentality

Game's actually pretty fun so that helps as well.

because its popular. theres people that will legitimately 'like' things only because other people do. this game is nothing special aside from having huge word of mouth saying its something special

>fun and not team based
Those have existed for decades, since the very concept of multiplayer FPS was born
>b-but PUBG is popular and easy to play

Because winning feels better than cumming, that's why, and it's basically a big boss MGS3 simulator.

People buy it because of jews convincing others to buy it so they can profit off it. More players = more money made. There's a reason why chinks are playing it and botting it so much, they want money and PUBG is currently very efficient in making it. If PUBG did not have crates and shit it would have died months ago.

How do I sell crates?

What the fuck, wins usually net like 400-500 for me. Did they nerf earnings?

Winning gets you 810 regardless of kill points, I only just got the game so I don't know if it was ever different previously.

GUYS GUYS
ITS SOLD AS MUCH AS NINTENDOS BRAIN AGE FROM 2005
WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO BROS

Steam Market, trading sites. They sell for good money compared to the effort it takes to earn them. You have two options:
1. Bot. Make tons of accounts, bot them. Best way to make money but a bit more effort.
2. Cheat on alt. This makes games quicker while giving you maximum rewards. Constantly send your shit to another alt that doesn't cheat and when your cheating alt get's banned make another.

This is the exact reason why PUBG is doing so well. Chinks are constantly buying it for alts so they can use it to farm for more drops. It's the same thing that happened in TF2 years ago, but on a much larger scale.

Solo wins I'm assuming? I got 411 from a squad.

i can't stand the lag or player desync i experience half the time when i get within 50 yards of another player. Half the people who are playing this are on dial-up.