Opus Magnum

New Zachtronics game out, very similar to Spacechem

Other urls found in this thread:

screeps.com/
zachtronics.com/the-codex-of-alchemical-engineering/
youtube.com/watch?v=QCN3l8wc_-Y&list=PL64kMrk4Rdoxb0FawLLqNGH2CSfJYqp98
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do i need a manual to play this game too?

>dude fuck learning curve lmao

Nope it's more like spacechem, but easier to solve harder to improve, atleast in my opinion.

>tfw to low IQ to play puzzle games

Infinifactory is by far his finest creation

space chem was amazing, tis100 just made me go and learn c++ because it was literally the same thing. does this game have supply chains and input/output optimization like spacechem, or is it just one refinery?

>tfw too dumb for Zachtronics games

they're pretty fun, just be yourself

>smart enough for spacechem and infinifactory
>too retarded for SHENZHEN IO

Holy SHIT, zachtronics is probably my favorite dev. Definitely getting this one, that steampunk-esque aesthetic looks cool as fuck

>tfw zach will never have the notch money to make AAA puzzle games for us

ah yiss, at least notch is active on twitter

Post torrent link.

He could have had the money if he actually followed on Infiniminer, something that everyone asked him to back in the day.

I want an android version

Start with Infinifactory. It's pretty intermediate when it comes to difficulty, although the last chapter can suck a dick.

>updated Codex of Alchemical Engineering
MUH DICK

OH FUCK I USED TO PLAY THIS ON KONG A DECADE AGO

When is he gonna make a full version of that sick as steam powered mech builder?

>play Shenzen
>fucking perfect creations I spent time optimizing
>patch comes out that allows all parts in all problems
>suddenly my shit is horribly unoptimized

That and doing programming at uni made me inclined to get home and immediately start basically programming again. Gotta get in on this though, happy it's not more programming.

Is Shenzen considered the hardest one?

>made me inclined
Correction: made me less inclined.

I think TIS-100 is the most unintuitive one, while Shenzhen can offer the hardest challenges

While we're on the topic of puzzles games, what are some other good, relatively new puzzles games out there? Zach's games and Talos Principle are the only ones I can think of, and perhaps those bridge building games if you want to count them.

Hexcells, Hexcells Plus, and Hexcells Infinite

>early
>fucking
>access

It's not at all open-ended like Zachtronics games, but my favorite "tight" puzzle game is still Jelly no Puzzle. Not particularly new though.

>read
>the
>description
It's mostly completel.

>Zachtronics

just that name triggers brainlets who couldn't even get pass the tutorial on Spacechem

Factorio is the perfect autist game and brainlet safe

I prefer the programming ones actually. I like programming but have never bother with learning a language (other than HTML, PHP etc) because I could never think of anything to make. There should be a "code this in c++" puzzle game or something.

>There should be a "code this in c++" puzzle game or something.
Is Javascript good enough? screeps.com/

>tutorial on Spacechem
Wait, it had a tutorial? Fuck.

Just google "coding challenges".

I've seen several gifs of this game, what the fuck do you even do? Just assemble grids in the correct order?

Here's a free demo: zachtronics.com/the-codex-of-alchemical-engineering/

There's basically an input and an output and it's up to you to make the input fit into the output.That's the basics of every Zachtronics game really.

Why are these guys making stupid video games rather than working on actual nanotech or something? Surely they have enough dosh to pay for university now.

Isn't TIS closer to Assembly?

>it's just like c++
what the fuck are you on about? tis100 is about multi-threaded assembly code, it has nothing to do with high level programming

Actual nanotech isn't as fun.

I like puzzle games but this is just too much for my simple mind.

You just thought you liked puzzles.

Zachtronics should do something with gears. Tasks include making watches and gearboxes.

Actual nanotech isn't a game you play for fun, also it's a whole lot harder than this.

t. Nanotech engineer

Why become an engineer when you can make a game that makes other people want to become engineers?

Super rude.

Making the games themselves though are a lot harder than playing them and they're clearly obsessed with both making and playing them. It just seems like someone with this sort of inclination is wasting his abilities on making computer games.

Sounds like you're wasting your life instead of having fun.

This and SpaceChem really tap into that How It's Made autism that I think is lying dormant in every human.
Don't know what the fuck it's called. There's probably a term for deriving enjoyment out of watching a flawless, intricate production line.

Depends how you define 'wasting'. He's earning probably a fair bit of money making video games that are widely regarded as very high quality, and that provide enjoyment for a large number of people.

>mfw I've never seen another person except myself with the Fishcake
Do brainlets not play First Person Shooters?

>Be a chemistry major
>Pretty confident in your skills
>Try Spacechem out
>MFW

I wish I was smart enough to finish Spacechem, I got stuck on the 'boss' where you have to shoot down the asteroids., and I flat out refuse to look up solutions.

Interestingly enough, being unable to finish it made me respect the game even more, because it felt entirely like it was my own fault, and that I wasn't good enough for the game. Not many games have that these days.

Go home, Zach. You're drunk and your billions were already stolen my a balding blob.

Spacechem has fucking nothing to do with chemistry man.

I'm basically around the part where you need to link up a bunch of generators and I'm already breaking down.
I've always been kind of shit at puzzle games, but I figured Spacechem was cheap and people on Sup Forums recommended it to me despite it being hard. I didn't know it'd get this complicated.

I know, that's what got me. The only bit what I managed to see was that certain atoms could only do a certain amount of bonds, but that's where it ended.

Does it have a beautiful music like Spacechem?
youtube.com/watch?v=QCN3l8wc_-Y&list=PL64kMrk4Rdoxb0FawLLqNGH2CSfJYqp98

>tfw you can't be bothered to optimize shit

>off-center pivots

I don't know what you are talking about.

You may want to look into /egg/

give me source of this scatfest

These games always reach a point where it's more work than play and that's where I usually stop

Why did you put a double arm when you only use one side of it?

zachtronics games are the shit. I'm starting to buy them without even checking the reviews

I love my frankenstein's monsters

haven't tried it yet, but the concept looks like a more complicated verision of The Sequence. highly recommended mobile game by the way

Last boss is a spaceship battle where you have to supply fuel to either left or right thruster to move and rockets to fire. The enemy also has a cloaking devide so you need to need to build a 4x4 molecule to make a freeze beam in order to be able to hit it. There are also asteroids coming at you out of spite.

I have too much autism for dirty solutions

huh?
explain

I do always start small and neat. Then I give up.

What the fuck? Is it timed as well? Might just give up on finishing it if they're gonna throw something shitty like that at me.

OY VEY

These gifs are so goddamn beautiful.

>Alchemical Jewel
I wonder who's behind this solution.

This game is potery in motion

intl. association for benzene enthusiasts

This is the best one I've seen so far. Goddamn, my dick!

Nice, very nice

>come up with a very efficient design solution
>masturbate to the result

not my proudest fetish

Doesn't everyone do that?

>Play Spacechem for a few hours
>Get stuck at a puzzle
>Quit playing for a few weeks
>Get that itch again
>Boot up Spacechem
>In the middle of a puzzle
>No idea what the fuck I'm doing
>Get confused and frustrated
>Quit again
It's not easy being a brainlet.

oh my god that's beautiful

where do I pirate this game

Beautiful. And way better than mine. Just looking at the .gif before I can't help by now but notice shit like how I only need one of the three separators at the first swing.

who cheating nigger here?

This looks more or less optimal.

#rekt

I have never finished a Zachtronics game

Well the other ship is shooting at you too. Personally I beat it by entirely skipping the thrusts and just focused on the freeze beam. I discovered that if somehow you manage to cram two in the generator you can double the duration, making it possible to stunlock the boss.

I like yours more. It has more personality than mine. The slow picking has more oomph than my fast stripping.

How did you guys find out about Zachtronics games?
Also, which have you played and which have you beaten?

is he the Tesla of video games?

I was the localizator for two of Spacechem's languages. Zach is a really cool guy, but it's a shame his games are so niche.

Got Spacechem from HumbleBundle (?), I have almost all of them, but none finished. Such is a life of a brainlet.