Has anyone else noticed that LGBT characters in Japanese games seem to be better accepted?

Has anyone else noticed that LGBT characters in Japanese games seem to be better accepted?
Why the double standard?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/HlS9SQGZlBeJ2aKaCOX6QA/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because the LGBT characters in Nip games are fan service for guys that like cute anime lesbians while LGBT characters in western games are fan service for tumblr dykes.

But?

It usually doesn't feel like the developer is doing it for political reasons ie there's the character's sexuality isn't at the forefront of their design. This is coming from someone that dismisses shit as weebshit like seran but the west REALLY does shoehorn in stuff. I'm no Sup Forums autist so I don't ignore games just because they have a character that's black, gay, and also super strong and self reliant. You can have a queer minority character as long as there's more to them then their race and sexuality.

"""LGBT""" characters in Japanese games exist solely for the entertainment of straight people

Because being LGBT is 10% of their character.
If it was a WRPG they wouldn't shut up about it for half to game and their main quest would've been about how everyone is mean to them.

>"""LGBT"""
What did he mean by this?

Japan doesn't have an army of alt-right antifeminist right wing fucbois who cry murder at the scent of a non-masculine character. Femininity is better accepted in their society despite being more conservative and it's not a taboo for a role model to be anything other than a bulking mass of veiny muscles.

>image
>post
beito
Also nip games tend to have less of an agenda when it comes to this shit.

Pic is a western game.

It's just cultural differences. Often times, the queer characters in Japanese games aren't actually queer as Japan is quite homophobic. Other times, they're the punchlines of the jokes. Whereas in western games, their sexuality is actually built into their stories.

ok bait op

>cute anime lesbians

There are more homos in Nip media than there are lesbians. No one gives a fuck about yuri. Not even yurifags.

Their sexuality doesn't shape their entire identity, and it's not shoehorned in for easy SJW points.
Japanese Example: Erica in Catherine. I'm spoiling it but if you haven't finished this 6 year old game by now, it's none of my business. Throughout the game she's presented to you as a chick, some hints are dropped but it's not made obvious until the end of the game.

Western example: First time you see the NPC they just blurt out HI MY NAME IS XX AND IM TRANS
I mean, who the fuck cares?

And yet this is the same fanbase that bitched about that gamergate self-insert in the dragon maid anime.
MAYBE it's not about politics but raping the material and/or doing sloppy work just for political agenda.

Representation and quality matters, that why.

OP serious question here serious question
do you have like
a list that you use?
is that how you maintain this autism of reposted threads?
do you just get randomly bored and decide "I feel like using THAT reposted thread, that'll hit the spot"?
or is this secretly some kind of campaign to influence the Sup Forums zeitgeist? is there some kind of master plan here?

This.

Though OP's pic is an exception as that is a western lgbt character that isn't just "LOOK HOW *GAY* I AM".

>Their sexuality doesn't shape their entire identity
>this is what weebs truly believe

Most gay characters in Jap games are stereotypes that literally come prancing up to you while farting rainbows.

They don't make a big deal out of it. Whereas if a western game adds an LGBT character they will scream it to the mountains and every Kotaku/IGN/Polygon will be writing about it and every SJW screeching about it. Which gets extremely annoying and pretty ironic given that they're implying that it's not the status quo for LGBT people to be accepted

Depends on whether the game wants it to be subtle or played for laughs.

>Most gay characters in Jap games
They aren't any more parodied than COOL HANDSOME guys walking half naked acting like complete clowns.
Sometimes a joke is just a fucking joke and japan knows that.

The japanese do it as humor. They still implement the "terrible drag queen." Its a great example. They love using super buff men in tight skirts with hairy legs jutting out for comic relief. Imagine that in a western setting? Nobody would have the balls (pun intended) to do it.

That just goes to show japan doesnt really give a damn about "respect," at least not yet. Its only the west that is over empathized with the strain of being an ugly homo. In japan, if you deserve to be laughed at, you are gonna get laughed at. But you can always redeem yourself by suplexing a purse thief despite ripping your skirt in half.

>That just goes to show japan doesnt really give a damn about "respect,"

fucking what

do you know anything about Japan at all?

>japan
>how can I make a cool character people will like
>the west
>how can I show everybody how smart and enlightened I am

I meant distributing respect for minorities. Nobody in japan cares.

Yes I probably know more than you.

This. Not gonna lie, former Gaffer here. This is fucking hilarious watching NeoGAF crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let Sup Forums gain control of Sup Forums.

The problem is people taking it seriously to begin with, have you ever met someone offended by the stereotypical foreigner tourist in a japanese game ? Not every character is meant to be a self-insert for someone out there, most fictional character are meant to be just that, fiction.

Jap LGBT characters are created with the intent of making guys hard.
Western LGBT characters are created with the intent of fulfilling quotas and virtue signalling.

because they have more political plurality compared to burgerland and bongistan

Thats only because everyone in japan conform to the same ideals. Women know their place. Its a different world, dont try to make it sound like the absence of a purely western political movement makes it so its some fairy land.
also.
>implying japanese masculinity is at all associated with western masculinity.
nice job outing yourself as a bag full of shit, nigger.

Because being lesbian in jap games is usually a quirk played FOR FUN. It's never serious.
Japanese understand that lesbians are not real and do not shove it in your throat.

>Women know their place. Its a different world
t. deluded weeb
Do you dream about finding your submissive jap wife?

In western games they're usually terribly shoehorned in with complete disregard for rest of the game

> Its OK when Japan does it!!!

Looks like I touched a nerve. Fyi, Korea is the asian country with the insane feminist dominating rhetoric, not japan. Im sure its easy for your pseud brain to make the mixup. Ta ta, and fuck off back to neogam.

Give me some example that don't involve Bioware or Anthony Burch.

Japan writes the character first, sexuality afterwards.

The West makes their sexuality the main characteristic of their personality.

niggers

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/HlS9SQGZlBeJ2aKaCOX6QA/type/op/

explain this

>tfw calling OP a faggot isn't an insult anymre

Different eyes

Japanese people see crossdressing link as a joke and it is a common schtick.

Westerners see it and ignore how link while wearing womens clothing, looks nothing like a woman thanks to his frame and posture. Body language actually means something in japan, see. But wearing the females clothes is enough for fags to have their field day.

The ironic thing is that nintendo silently loves the winwin in support they get.

Japanese games having LGBT characters rarely feels like they're pushing the jewish agenda, unlike the western games.

Because homosexuality has always been more or less accepted in Nipland. When they put faggots in their games they do it because they think it'll be interesting or to pander to fujo and fudanshi, they aren't trying to push a political agenda to push acceptance down the thraot of people they think need reeducation for being awful "cis het people".

Probably because the virtue signaling happening pre-release of the game is in a language that I can't read and therefore don't get exposed to. If I was less cynical I'd posture that maybe devs over there don't throw a parade and act like they are saving the world every time they insert a gay character in a game and cry out to the heavens about it. Maybe they do, but I can't read moon runes.

>give me some examples but not the ones I don't like

Kay

that's because they're parodies, a comic genre, they're here to make you laught, and they'll probably have a "serious" moment where they stop prancing and it makes the whole character a little better
in western games gays characters are serious homo who want your dick, it's creepy

They have loads of antifeminists and hardcore right wing nationalists. Remember that they're already unironically an ethnonationalist state. It's not an internet joke over there, it's the real deal. But they don't have an American-style culture war, so videogames aren't a battlefield.

>western gaming is literally one company and a cuck

Because most of the gay shit you see in nip media is for non-gay people of the opposite gender that find it cute. It has actually nothing to do with respect or acceptance.

>Yes I probably know more than you.
He reads MANGA user, I think he's pretty well educated on all things Japanese

They're ones of those who set the trends and everyone blindly follows them.

I KNEW YOU WERE BAD NEWS FROM THE START

Ooooooooooh, my sincerest apologies

SEYMOUR

>but it's not made obvious until the end of the game
Also it's only in the True Katherine ending, so you could play through the whole game and never know

>God Hand
I have the strangest feeling you're not supposed to take them seriously

Well for one thing, they're allowed to be actual characters. They are their own person and not some forced representation of an entire group of people.

>They love using super buff men in tight skirts with hairy legs jutting out for comic relief. Imagine that in a western setting? Nobody would have the balls (pun intended) to do it.

This post reeks of irony, considering Rocky Horror Picture Show's massive influence on Japanese portraiyal of male homosexuals, or subhumans, as I like to call them.

>Everyday until you like it.

But that was a different time in america. youre right tho.

ids do lade :-D

>Has anyone else noticed that LGBT characters in Japanese games seem to be better accepted?
>Why the double standard?

because they are not being pushed as an agenda and are decent characters in Japanese games.

in games made in the USA, the LGBT characters ONLY DEFINING TRAIT IS THAT THEY ARE LGBT