Final Fantasy 8

I've had a secret looming fascination with this game ever since I played it about 15 years ago as a boy. I loved the art-style of modernish but also strangely-futuristic looking architecture, the melodious and cosy music, the setting of a kind of modern college or university but for training mercenaries, the opening duel and rivalry between Squall and Seifer, the ball-room scene between Squall and Rinoa, the characters like Quistis, Zidane, Selfie, Ifrit in the cave, the little seaside town, the Forest Owls, the story with the singer woman in the red dress, and I have about a thousand unanswered questions in my mind about the game, but I never went back to it because I was afraid of ruining it and finding out that it was not really all that special. Should I play it again or not, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DjKKvWvPups
youtube.com/watch?v=YB30RVWeuP8
youtube.com/watch?v=fV52DvjX9rA
youtube.com/watch?v=dBZz7nhM4os
ign.com/boards/threads/i-want-to-live-in-balamb-garden-so-bad.454210757/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the fuck? Why do you need strangers to help you make basic decisions?

FF8 was really good. If you liked it, it's still really good. Watch this speedrun and it'll either scratch the itch to replay, or make it so much worse you'll boot the game up yourself within the first half hour like I did.

youtu.be/DjKKvWvPups

Also Zidane is from 9 otherwise nice memory from a decade and a half ago

Don't hype it up, dude. I don't hate or think it's completely terrible but it was easily the weakest FF on PS1 and a sign of things to come.
It's PLAYABLE.

Basically I have very good memories of what little I did play, and I don't want to spoil them if the rest of the game does not match my expectations if I go back to it.

Must have meant Zell, got mixed up because the names both start with a Z.

Both are fuckin goobers too hahah

There's lots of stupid shit like space and periodic plot contrivances in 8 but the majority holds up for me personally. Your mileage may vary! Download the soundtrack and see if that jogs your memory and makes you want to replay, maybe.

I felt the same and I replayed it last year on Steam. It felt the same. Probably mostly nostalgia, but it felt good, so who cares.

Bonus points for finally being able to understand how JUNCTION really works and minmaxing it, my old 12 years old self hardly could and never made the most out of it

>VIII thread
My descendants of Hyne

Seifer got robbed left and right

>don't understand it
>everything is way harder than it should be
>understand it
>everything is really easy

if you're not going to be a whiny faggot about the Draw system (like seriously, break down items for magic if you can't be bothered) then it's /comfy/ still. proof youtube.com/watch?v=YB30RVWeuP8

Even though this game's gameplay is objectively awful and the love story is corny as hell I still love it. The story is so fucking weird and goes all over the place in a cool kinda way, culminating in a really amazing final dungeon and boss. They tried a lot of experimental stuff with the GF system, and while most of it didn't work, I respect that they at least tried new things.

I've only played this game once a decade ago and I didn't really care for it, but there's this one song from this game that keeps popping up in my head from time to time since then.
I don't remember the name, I think the only instrument in it is a piano.

youtube.com/watch?v=fV52DvjX9rA

youtube.com/watch?v=dBZz7nhM4os probably not this then?

Absolute guilty pleasure kino

Reminder that pretty much everything 'introduced' in disc 3 was already part of disc 1 in some form and the game was never about gangsta mercenary life.

nah dude fuck the draw system. sitting there spamming that shit to get magic over and over was gay as fuck

>didn't use Card Mod and GF abilites to get large amounts of all kinds of magic without drawing it from enemies.

I'm a hardcore fan with FF8, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Balamb Garden where I would often train with Zell in the training center and help Selphie with the Garden Festival, but one day as I was talking to Selphie, we went to my dormitory for a private talk. She immediately said, "You know you could live with us forever.." I gave her a confused look and she continued, "We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" She then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!"

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Headmaster Cid and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for SeeD, you just have to do...one thing". She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly." I then gave her some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" She then said "Cid said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." She giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.

ign.com/boards/threads/i-want-to-live-in-balamb-garden-so-bad.454210757/

I know that this is pasta, but goddamn would FF9's world be great to live in (after the events of the game of course).

Burmecia is a pluviophile's wet dream