Dragonball FighterZ

Zpass includes (8 dlc fighters, 11 anime songs, unique lobby avatars)

Tentative release date of January 25, 2017 on all platforms. February 1st 2017 for Japan

Leak?

This is what I have heard for some of the characters that will be DLC:
>Broly
>Bardock
>Raditz
>Goku (Base Form - it was noted to me that he does use The Spirit Bomb)
>Vegeta (Base Form)

The season pass was originally leaked to me as some exclusive pass featuring saiyans (I originally heard about Broly and Bardock being DLC characters).
But with it now being confirmed as FighterZ Pass, having heard more since originally leaking those two, I came to find out today that they are including more characters than originally intended.
I've been told the game will be supported for 2 years. I don't know if that pass of 8 characters accounts for the first year or both. I am going to assume it means just the first year.
Bandai Namco is reportedly according to the people I have talked to taking a very serious approach with this game having a lengthy life and long term support. The much demanded Nintendo Switch version will come out next year in the autumn or winter.

I have a few different sources regarding this game.
All of them have told me the same things about this game and what's going on with it.
The only inconsistency is some either did not hear about Bardock or heard that Raditz might be a launch character. Aside from those two character's inclusions not being completely agreed upon and heard as being DLC by everybody, Broly, Goku (Base Form), and Vegeta (Base Form) have all however been heard about & agreed upon by the sources.

That is all I know about this game at the present moment that I have to share.
For full confidentiality, I did not know there would be 8 characters since I'd only heard about those saiyans. I had no definite number on the amount in the season pass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Df-pYkKxQg
youtube.com/watch?v=BWI3d7tC2VY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vegeta base form should be the scooter one

>Vegeta base form should be the scooter one
A man of taste. Still my favourite incarnation of Vegeta with the best armor design.

>7 LAST CHARACTERS
>November (OG characters):
-Roshi + Kame House stage
-Kid Goku + Muscle Tower stage
>December (Buu Saga for the Jump Festa):
Gotenks, U.Gohan and Kid Buu + Kami's Lookout and/or Time Chamber
>January (Movies/Destructors)
-Beerus + Beerus' Planet
-Broly + Space stage
>Unlocked by finishing the game’s story mode:
-Android 21

>8 DLC CHARACTERS
-Bardock
-Hit + U6vsU7 stage
-Black Rose(with Zamasu assist) and Fused Zamasu as an infinite Install
-Vegeto Blue
-Gogeta & Janemba + Hell stage PACK
-Goku UI & Jiren + ToP stage PACK

>11 ANIME TRACKS
-Makafushigi Adventure
-Cha-La Head-Cha-La
-We Gotta Power
-Dragon Soul
-Dragon Power
-Mezase Tenkaichi
-Unmei no Hi
-Ikari no Will Power
-Tokusentai
-F Maximum the Hormone
-Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku

Fusion Zamasu and Vegetto should never be playable because of how fucking ridiculously overpowered they are

>Vegeta (Base Form)
Fake and gay.
If they want to put another Vegeta, they will use his Saiyan Saga version, Majin or SS4.
Vegeta SS and Blue already use all of his moves.

Every single ArcSys DBZ game to date used the Cell Saga armored Vegeta for Base Form Vegeta, sorry senpai.

Actual characters instead of marginally different alternate forms please.

Why would you bump this shit pasta thread?

Good, now they can stop wishing Broly

Wait, so they’re doing SSB and SS Goku/Vegeta seperately? Why?

>Next month V-Jump reveal
-Dabura
-Kid Buu

>December Jump Festa reveal
-Adult Gohan
-Gotenks
-Vegito
-Story trailer featuring Android 21 as final boss

>January V Jump reveal
-Beerus

>Roshi
>Kid Goku
>Goku UI
>Jiren
>Gogeta & Vegito as DLC

>Roshi
>not one of the most obvious character apart from Gotenks, U.Gohan, Kid Buu and Beerus
kek

No he's not, not in Z
he's only start to become relevant in Super

>not in Z
Retard detected.

With that logic Nappa and Yamcha should immediately die when hit by half the cast.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Df-pYkKxQg

will the new game intro be as good as the best dbz game intro of all time lads?

I fucking hope the intro is in old school animation and not the shit tier super animation style

you're the retarded one, superfag
he did nothing in Z

>I fucking hope the intro is in old school animation and not the shit tier super animation style
too late

yeah this, he was a major factor in the kid goku saga and fans love the shit out of him but he was pretty much irrelevant in the z era

honestly people like to post memes and stuff, but it would be amazing if we did get mr satan, roshi and kid goku in the game, at some point at least, such colorful and lovable characters it would be a treat to have them in game

aww shit

Animation hasnt been done like that for years, it's all digital now.

when is /ourguy/ getting revealed?

Relevancy means dick. Is Nappa relevant? Ginyu? Fucking no. Roshi has a moveset already from DB, and did more shit in RoF.

NO SUPER BUU NO BUY

El jirmano will be announced.

mark my words.

/ourguy/ is already in it user.

>superfag
Stop using your buzzword without any context, you seems even more retarded.

>he did nothing in Z
>Z
The manga is called Dragon Ball, not Dragon Ball Z fucking retard.

Nappa and Ginyu are fucking iconic in Z
most people remember them the most when people talking about Saiyan saga or Namek
unless you're talking about Zarbon or Dodoria

red and blue dont make green

>The manga is called Dragon Ball, not Dragon Ball Z fucking retard.
but the anime is, you fucker
the game's called FighterZ for fuck sake

between today and January 26th!

Why isn't this the boxart?

There's something really odd about this picture. The mouths and eyes, mostly on anyone who is meant to be shouting.

Like they just look like they're opening their mouth casually, not actually shouting.

>REMINDER THAT
>he is one of the most popular Dragon Ball characters
>and one the last major OG character not already in the game
>never used in DB fighting game, so the character is fresh as fuck
>we still don't have a Kame House stage
>he was in RoF and the development started just after it
>Mafuba is just too good to not be used in a 3v3 game
He is in, screencap this.

I actually like this poster
except Goku's retarded pose of course

stop this meme
who's he going to be reveal with? don't say it's kid Goku since we already have enough gokus in the game

Yajirobe

>Game has Denuvo
>Game has a season pass for 8 characters for over half of the game's retail pricing
Sup Forums tells me that these are crimes when found in other games but it's okay because ArcSys is totally based and wants to be my friend.

>the game's called FighterZ for fuck sake
Holy shit, go read some interviews before using shitty arguments like this one here.
They never called the game FighterZ because it's related to the Z part of the anime.
Stop being a retarded Zfag, thanks.

Yes, but that guy is ignoring the fact that the anime was called Dragon Ball Z

>raditz
>kaiokek goku
>bardock
sold

>Top 5 I want
Beerus
Imperfect Cell
Zarbon
Janemba
Kid Buu

>Other Characters I'd like to see
Dabura
Broly
Android 21
Master Roshi
Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks
Vegito
Hit
Black+Zamasu

>enough gokus in the game
>when the character is obviously totally different in term of playstyle
Maybe you should play Xenoverse to have your 150 characters.
This game was made to play with original and interesting moveset and a character like Kid Goku with 165 chapters of moves is obviously more interesting than your flavor of the week from Super or any shit like this.

Hello capshill.

>BUT OTHER GAME
clockwork

>we already have enough gokus in the game

Don't even. Kid Goku, outside of canonically being the same character, wouldn't play anything like his adult counterpart. You can make use of

>Power Pole to compensate for his reach
>A flight mode with Nimbus or his tail, akin to many MvC characters
>Crazy Monkey style as a stance change
>Rock paper, scissors rekkas
>Eight-arm fist that can work like Sougenmu

He's more ideal a character than half of the requests.

youtube.com/watch?v=BWI3d7tC2VY

>only 24 characters on launch in a 3v3 fighter
>with clone characters in it
>most of the rest are shoto clone tier samey characters
>characters and mechanics are less complex than mvc ones
>35$ season pass dlc "cut content" announced way before the game's release
>nearly 100$ for the full game
>shit online like in the beta and like in all arcsys games

And the r/kappa dbfz faggot force seriously defends this shit. The exact same people who created and spammed mvci threads to shitpost how greedy Capcom is now unironically defends this.

>b-but they put love into the game cuz the graphics are good

There's no need to be so angry because no one plays Mvci, /fgg/.

salty switch owner detected, mad much because the game won't be on your shit tier console? lmao pathetic

stick to wahoo bing bing and get the fuck out mate

>squidfucker

>switch owners
>playing fighting games

You tried

please let him be in the base game
I don't want to pay more

i dont believe the character pass will be filled with base form saiyans. that would just be sad, and so far theyre making great character choices and explaining theyre dong so for gameplay variety. this guy will absolutely be dlc.

Are they going to add her?

kiero

No, you need to have actually fought to make it on the roster.

>only 24 characters on launch in a 3v3 fighter
24 characters in 3v3, that's 2024 unique team combinations
If you were to pick 3, that would still leave you with 1330 unique teams to potentially fight that don't use ANY of the characters that you have chosen.
>with clone characters in it
There is no clone, dumbfag.
>most of the rest are shoto clone tier samey characters
It's not the case, retard.
>characters and mechanics are less complex than mvc ones
You wish.
>35$ season pass dlc "cut content" announced way before the game's release
Street Fighter V+Season Pass 1: $90 / 6 characters (but Fight Money)
Injustice 2 - Ultimate Edition: $109,99 / 9 characters, 3 skins, 2 shader
Tekken 7 - Deluxe Edition: $94,99 / 2 guest characters, 1 new mode, 50 items
MVCI+Season Pass: $90 / 6 characters
Dragon Ball FighterZ - FighterZ Edition : 95$ / 8 characters

So nothing new for a fighting game and if we compare, it's $4.38 for one character when it's $5 for one character in MVCI.
>nearly 100$ for the full game
Full game is $60, if you want more for the next months after the release then you pay your 35$ season pass like any other game.
>shit online like in the beta and like in all arcsys games
You never played an Arcsys game, right?

Has there been a character who's been so thoroughly destroyed by power creep alone? And before you say Yamcha, he's always been a career jobber. But Raditz was introduced as a real threat and pwnd at the time the two strongest fighters. Now, he's a total joke. Which sucks because he had quite a bit of potential as a character.

He looks adorable in that drawing

Are they going to add him?

too slow

No of course not thats a good villain with a fighting style besides "glaring" and shooting plasma.
Fact is the original dragonball had actual martial arts fighting in it now its just about chucking plasma.

>No of course not thats a good villain with a fighting style besides "glaring" and shooting plasma.

>Literally a worse Tien

Read the manga, all those cool little things he did in the anime were filler.

BABY REVEAL NEXT

literally who

When?

He fucking does it. The fucking shill literally defends the same shit he shitposted another game for.

>b-but muh combinations
there is no excuse only getting 24 shallow ass characters with clone characters in it when every other fighter gets more

>b-but blue goku and vegeta are not clones, they have like 3 new moves

>the game is just as complex as mvc
you are either a hardcore shill or a fucking delusional casual. The game lacks 1/3 of the mechancis and characters lack 1/3 of the moves, not even mentioning all the dumbing down they did with homing dashes and built in auto combos.

>b-but SF also has season pass, it doesn't matter that you can also get the characters for free
>b-but MvCI also has season pass, It doesn't matter that I've shitposted and spammed every mvci thread about how greedy Capcom is for doing it, it's literally OK if Arcsys-namco does it

>You never played an Arcsys game, right?
have you? did you even see the beta? or do you seriously believe it wasn't just for free advertisement and they will do some extreme fixing on it?

Maybe because the manga is actually shit. When it comes to DBZ all weeb conventions are blown the fuck out, some of the anime filler manages to be better than anything in the manga and the English dub is superior to the shit Jap voices, yeah I said it

>did you even see the beta?
See? No, I played it so I know what I'm talking about unlike you capshill.
Go back to your dead game.

GOKU JR. AND VEGETA JR. REVEAL NEXT

GT's heart was in the right place but it was so fucked up

>Maybe because the manga is actually shit. When it comes to DBZ all weeb conventions are blown the fuck out, some of the anime filler manages to be better than anything in the manga and the English dub is superior to the shit Jap voices, yeah I said it

Well that was kind of the whole point of his character. The main characters were at that point easily the strongest people on the whole planet by a large margin so an alien shows up who punks them not because of better training or superior techniques and tactics but because he's just naturally stronger. He exists to introduce the characters to the rest of the universe and make them realize that they need to train that much harder to even touch the level of a basic dumb grunt.

Anime does way more justice to my main man Vegeta with scenes that aren't in the manga, and Goku/Krillin's Jap voices make anything Dragonball unwatchable until it gets dubbed. Sue me.

The netcode was dogshit in the beta you fucking shill, everyone could confirm this. Not even mentioning the input lag. Why do you think people called dbfz's gameplay dash n' mash?

If only we had a game with great online and netcode and good gameplay that wasn't completely killed off by a bunch of raging dbz kids' and r/kappa fags' shitposting.

>/rkappa
go back, you faggot.

the cut content is the only real issue you listed and I agree

>The netcode was dogshit in the beta
No it was not, I played 12 hours of matches, only 2 were not that good.
Stop lying on internet, capshill.

>cut content
>when Tenshinhan and Yamcha were still not finalized 2 weeks ago

MvCI being recognized for the piece of shit that it is isn't on anyone but Capcom and Disney. If they had put the time and money into it that it deserved then it wouldn't have gotten the shit that it did. A game based on million dollar IPs shouldn't have been rushed out the door half-baked with very little to offer over it's predecessor. If these fuckers weren't willing or were just flat out unable to make the game what it should have been then they shouldn't have bothered in the first place.

Best Buu when?

How can someone that's dead be affected by power creep?

That's assuming that the DLC is in fact cut. All we know about it is that the game will have DLC at some point and considering there are characters like Tien in the base game who aren't even done I really can't believe they somehow had the time to finish an additional eight characters to hold back as DLC for later.

I'm not going to delude myself. it's cut content. simple as that. you can still buy it and accept that

>Sue me.

Nah, but I'll definitely call you massive faggot.

>MVCI killed off by a bunch of raging dbz kids' and r/kappa fags' shitposting
Oh, so you are just a delusional retard.

I want him but kid buu is getting in. Super Buu is the most fun in the show but i can see the logic of adding another small character for variety

Still he has a very good chance of being DLC later on.

>shit tier super animation style
It's odd that Fighter Z captures the art style better than Super ever has. They should have just stuck with the movie format.

our idea about what a good netcode is probably differs then. The input constantly jumping around and above 8 frames isn't exactly good but it's something most players don't even notice. This shit is something SFV was rightfully shitted on, but there is no point in defending this game for it just because it isn't made by Capcom.

How is it delusion when we know nothing about it yet? For shit like SFxT and MvCI we had actual proof that they cut the shit out to sell separately. We have no reason to believe that's the case here beyond just being pessimistic.

You really think that characters you will get in 11 months are already done? Seriously?

How the fuck can you think this when even base roster characters like Tien and Yamcha are unfinished 3 months away from release

DBFZ is the first time since I was a kid where I've seen a game and thought it looks as good as if not better than the source material

I remember hating it when I was younger, in comparison to Z, I can't imagine how shit it would be watching now.

>underage Sup Forums fag yells catch phrases thinking it applies in every situation
leave the vidya activism to the adults, kiddo

>MvCI being recognized for the piece of shit that it is isn't on anyone but Capcom
>people totally didn't go overboard with the shitposting, there were zero bandwagoning, it was all 100% justified and not exeggerated at all

>full screen blocking WTF?!gameplay ruined, other marvel games didn't have this trust me
>one touch combos are totally back guys -intentionally ignores that the game has counter switch mechanic even without it's much higher requirements
>2v2 is objectively dumbing down the game -even though almost all VS games and most Marvel games are 2v2
>*posts models that got changed way before the games release, implying they are still like that
>*posts broken combos that got patched out before the games release, implying that they are still in the game
>animations are so shit and clunky mvc3 was much better - most animations are from mvc3 and the new ones like Jedah's or Gamora's all look objectively better
>no character interactions unlike mvc3 -even though there are more
>dbfz is the new marvel guys, it's totally the same gameplay just more complex :^), -dbfz turns out to be a fucking dumbed down version of mvc3 with autocombos built even into the core "competetive" gameplay
>dante's guns are in the wrong hands guys, they don't even care - *posts a mirrored image to prove it*
>ryu has a hunchback *posts still image to prove -it's actually just his gi being blown back and forth during super

>A game based on million dollar IPs shouldn't have been rushed out the door half-baked with very little to offer over it's predecessor
MvC3 flopped you faggot. The game didn't sell well compared to it's big budget. It was obvious that mvci will get smaller budget since the whole series is niché. The casual movie goer marvelfags don't exactly care about crazy clusterfuck capcom fighter, when they can just buy Injustass. That doesn't meany you faggots have to do even more damage and completely kill off the franchise, but I guess it's too late.

What's the chance the super sand lesbians get in? I will buy for them.