Weapon speed in Quake Champions is tied to FPS

steamcommunity.com/app/611500/discussions/0/3182216552772642451/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=uOh8woXT-Wo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This just shows how fucking new you are, child. Your fucking jump distance was tied to fps in 3.

Doesn't make it okay though, grandma. Why don't you hop back to Gaf?

>underage faggot who never touched quake is complaining about quake
>telling me to go back to a website I never touched
Maybe you should go back there.

just download more FPS then

Gaf is going to be the new reddit boogeyman isn't it?

>2017
>quake champions
Really now? Who fucking cares.

>lower quality to 144p
>set resolution to 16x16
>maxes out fps
>shoot faster than everyone else
>???
>profit

> Your fucking jump distance was tied to fps in 3.
>if this is good in 1999 then why not repeat the same in 2017
retard. kill yourself

What game code & comment is OP pic from? Is it Quake Champs? QC doesn't have console ver does it?

timepiece_canines

I'm pretty sure that pic was from Watchdogs

Ah right, that does ring a bell actually.

I don't understand how video games work.
Kill yourself retard.

Oh shit, forgot my green.

>excusing developer laziness
kill yourself

modern id is a complete fucking joke

Just go and play Overwatch, you contrarian fucks. It's much better game.

Quake Champions is the LawBreakers of the Battleborn genre.

>not playing PUBG

lmao OW is dead with sub 5000 players

>overwatch

>overwatch
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>having expectations of Bethesda's "Quake" when Unreal Tournament exists

I'm literally lmao'ing my ass off @ your life in real irl

lol

>chink hacking simulator 2000
>get banned for killing twitch streamer simulator 2000

buggy piece of shit game that will be dead in 6 months

can someone explain to me how you fuck this up? Is the timer for the cooldown to fire again tied to framerate or something? what kind of pajeet would think that's a good idea?

>Shitty dev apologist

Shill pls go. This is unacceptable. DPS should never be tied to framerate. It basically means the devs took a shortcut and used the graphics refresh schedule as the main schedule for their game logic. This is retarded for a game that's trying to be competitive tier. You're already going to have desync problems with netcode, so why make it even LESS consistent by not having an actual game logic schedule?

>exploitable bug
>you can deal more damage using ultra-low graphical settings
we are literally back into q3a times
oldfags will finally jump in

>look at me pretending to be an oldfag based on the shit I read on the internet
So sad.

>implying

you said that 6 month before already the only game dying is your lootbox simulator.

What a bullshit. Thank god Lawbreakers doesn't have broken shit like this.

game's so badly optimized that literally nobody plays above very low so it doesnt matter

it appears like I mixed up
it is the other way around
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=uOh8woXT-Wo

Who is going to tweet this shit to Carmack?
I would if I could

>modern game
>graphics options
This ain't your granddaddy's Quake, son. You think you can just type things into the console to customise the game to your liking? FUCK NO, YOU GET A SLIDER THAT DOES NOTHING AND YOU WILL LIKE IT, CUNT.

This is how it has always been in the idtech engines. A weapon will not fire until the next rendered frame.
Several other things are processed on each rendered frame, as well, which is why going above 333FPS in original Quake 3 caused you to move faster than the character's intended top speed.

The COD series, still using idTech 3, suffers the same issue. This limitation results in pretty severe limitations. Assuming a perfect 60FPS in which a weapon can only fire every 0.016667 seconds, a weapon's rate of fire is limited to a very select few rates. 1200, 900, 720, 600, 515, 450, 400, 360, 327... When you're in the range you'd expect most machineguns to be firing, you only really have about three options, 900, 720 and 600, and any attempt to set a rate other than those, and you'll get a staggered rate of fire that isn't true to how you designed it.

If the game's FPS wavers from 60, then the rates of fire of weapons will also change. Meaning if you can not maintain a perfect framerate at 60FPS (preferably push your FPS as high as possible, aim for 144mhz), your weapon's performance will suffer.

Having a load of shit bound to the delta time and waiting until the game renders the next frame is how a lot of things are done, which is why you see a lot of japanese games have time dilation, the game speed slowing down when the frame rate drops. It's not a difficult task to undo this old ass fuckup, other game engines can and have overnight unfucked their weapons being bound to the framerate and put on its own processing thread.

QC isn't idtech

>Saber Interactive
>good games
Pick one.

>b-b-but the previous games were badly programmed, that means the new games should be too

I enjoyed Will Rock, but that was a long time ago.

And as said, a shitload of engines do the same thing.
See Planetside 2. As soon as someone brought up the rate of fire being bound to framerate in the forums, it took them two days to roll out a patch that fixed it.