youtube.com/watch?v=0INh3MYkeiI
youtube.com/watch?v=cNl9P8FmEp0
gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-v-will-game-sympathizes-times
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>this image
W E W
E
W

Sonybro here, I'm actually upset that this isn't coming to PS4. To be brutally honest, I would rather have a SMT game rather than a Persona game.

But SMT4 was shit.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty bored of fighting the same 100 demons over and over and over again. If they promised to revamp all of the enemies, I might be interested. But the story in mainline SMT games is ass and the gameplay has been ass recently, so this doesn't really excite me.

SMT4 was an obvious budget title (except the dub for some reason.) 5 is gonna be made with persona money so it has a chance of being at least decent, if they bother to include actual dungeons again.

The last SMT game I genuinely loved the shit out of was Strange Journey. Since then, they've been casualizing it. And like I said, I'm just bored of the enemies. We already know going into it that the story will suck ass since it always does, so I just can't see it being any good. Particularly since it's moving to the Switch, which means it will definitely be made more casual.

It's fine for them to do that(Persona is more popular since it's casual SMT), but at this point what actually IS SMT other than Persona with a shittier story?

siliconera.com/2017/10/24/shin-megami-tensei-v-made-nintendo-switch/
I hope it doesn't look bad

implying there won't be a ps4 port down the line

>list of smt games
>persona is included
>doesn't realized that western market slapped the SMT moniker just to sell more copies

Oh a PS2 game and it isn't even exclusive I don't know why you Switch suckers are so excited.

Not that I care about the PS4 vs Nintendo dickwaving, but Persona is pretty objectively an "SMT game". You could argue it's a spinoff, but really...again, you have to answer this question:

At this point what is the ACTUAL difference between Persona and SMT mainline games? The answer is more forgettable characters, dumber plotlines, and nothing else really.

Well, guess it's time to buy a Switch.

It'll be in HD!

>The original 2 SMT games were Famicom exclusive

>three good games on sony
>four, maybe five good games on Nintendo
Sure showed me boss

Atlus using UE4 but still making the game Switch exclusive is surprising. Guess they just want to keep the split between Persona and SMT more apparent (which is dumb because we all know Atlus is going to re-release P5 and they just love their handhelds)

SMT1 and 2 were released on Nintendo consoles first
Soul Hackers is on 3DS
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei 1 and 2 are only on Famicom

I think its more to do with the fact that the switch works really well with unreal 4 and is very easy to use apparently

90% of mainline SMT games have been exclusive to Nintendo platforms. Why is everyone so surprised at this?

I think that's pretty disingenuous. Are you seriously arguing that Devil Survivor games are better than or as good as Nocturne, Persona 3 or Persona 4? I feel like even if you're trying to be generous, that's downright silly.

I also find it weird that you think SMT4 is a good game. I hated it more than I've hated any SMT game I've played other than maybe Soul Hackers.

are you shitposting? YOu do realize that some of those games are almost 15 years old? PoP is on pc with those same features for the last 15 years.... is this how you justified you xbox purchase? Bloodrayne 2? Are you dense? If you are serious please kys

>Persona 5 is their most successful game to date
>UE4 is usually used because it's easy to port
>SMT had a big presence on Playstation before
It's mainly the first 2 that makes this weird. Of course I was never expecting the game to be PS4 exclusive (why would it be when it was revealed in a Nintendo conference) but not doing a simultaneous PS4/Switch release seems odd.

SJ was the last good MT game period

They have been running out of ideas for these games and even Persona 5 kinda sucked.

Hell, even Katsura Hashino and Shoji Meguro got tired of doing these games and decided to do something else.

Persons fans don't buy SMT. They're keeping the weebshit where it sells: the PS4.

Devil Survivor is definitely better than Persona 3 and Persona 4.
It is a better structured game, and it also has way better replayability.

Nocturne is still the best game that came out of the whole Megaten franchise.

The yoshi game they announced is in UE4 too so that doesn't necessarily mean anything

I don't actually plan on defending my opinion, just wanted to bait a couple replies. Have a nice day, lawbro. You ARE a lawbro, right?

Nobody buys SMT. SMT sales are shit, regardless of being on Nintendo or Playstation. It's a niche market.

this

Maybe there's some kind of SMT exclusivity deal between Atlus and Nintendo right now. There hasn't been an SMT on Sony consoles for a long ass time now, and Persona 5 had SMT scrubbed from its name.

Personafags don't fucking like SMT
They would rather play Dancing All Night

Persona 4G and the fighting game also are missing the SMT

By what the director told Famitsu it seems they want to keep SMT a portable franchise from now on. Also, by keeping it Nintendo only they get the benefit that Nintendo promotes their game for them too, if it was multiplat Nintendo wouldn't care half as much for the game. Relationships between companies are important and some companies care about that because there are benefits that come with it. Unlike Capcom who had a fuckton of free MHTri advertisement made by Nintendo and now doesn't even care about supporting them.

I didn't know Yoshi was made by a third party.
That was in the west, and they started doing that with Arena 1.
SMT4 was second only to P4 on release.

Nobody likes Dancing All Night and those shitty fighting games.

Right?

SJ and IV(A) are vastly superior than the rest of the games on Sony's list.

youtu.be/naT8lTHh7s0?t=225

Please tell me there's a way to patch this into the game, that break at three and a half minutes is amazing

it may look like nintendo won at first
but when game game gets released and localized in a 6 years nobody would care or buy it

>SMT

I don't know user
youtube.com/watch?v=0INh3MYkeiI
youtube.com/watch?v=cNl9P8FmEp0
You tell me

Hmm. See this is a pretty good explanation and it makes sense.

>I didn't know Yoshi was made by a third party.
I think he's saying that UE4 might just be really easy to develop with on the Switch, which is why Nintendo went for it instead of developing their own engine like they usually do. So it's a good indicator that that's also why SMT is being developed in it, rather than for the purpose of porting.

SMT IV and Apocalypse sold really well and profitable because of the low cost.
Persona 5 lost Atlus money because the budget increased with the delays.

4 had an unusually fast turnover rate of just 3-4 months (US of course).

>sonybros try their hardest to pretend to like persona 5 KNACK 2 and the worst game mascot in history crash bandicoon

Smh at you pathetic fucks.

Can't wait for another amazing game for the switch. Owning a PC and switch is the best and also cheapest games and you get 99% of everything. Enjoy paying 100 dollars to play online and get exclusive Japanese lewd games without ability to nude patch them. You also don't get the best rated games by Nintendo now SMT or all PC exclusive games.

How fucking dumb must you feel right now owning a shitstation? Still enjoying no man's sky? Or little cloth planet?? Lol

Debisama was only on Saturn first. Soul Hackers released on Saturn first.
I, II, and if... were all Super Famicom games.
Persona 1 was also released on Windows.
You're also missing Persona 2 Innocent sin for Playstation, and you're missing MT1 and MT2 on the Nintendo side.

And since you're including Devil Survivor you have to include shit like Jack Bros, Last Bible, Majin Tensei, Devil Children, and TMS#FE.

That has to be hands down the shittest trailer I've seen in a long time

Made it look like cheap patreon indieshit

teaser != trailer

What I meant was that just because its in UE4 doesn't mean that it was chosen because of its porting capabilities. Nintendo has to have a reason for using UE4 in yoshi and it has nothing to do with ports. Atlus probably chose it because its just a good engine for the switch to begin with.

It's called a teaser, retard.

It’s even less than two months.
I remembered that day when they announced the release date in NA. I was in disbelief.
Though, it might also have to do with Index going bankrupt at that time.

Many nip studios are switching to UE4. Capcom and Square Enix for instance.

At we know it will have gameplay unlike last of us and uncharted and last guardian and... wait just realised all PlayStation games are cheap YouTube shorts.

You be better off with cable man.

>but Persona is pretty objectively an "SMT game". Except it isn't.
Its a MegaTen series game but not an SMT game. Same with DDS and Raidou.

Does SMTV have a western release date?

>Since then, they've been casualizing it.
IV:A was significantly more difficult than SJ. The only diffiuclt thing about SJ was the teleporter mazes and Mem Aleph's/Zelenin's instant kills, which were more annoying than difficult anyway. Persona and SMT are barely even alike, they both have fusion, Demons and Persona's combat is derivative of Press Turn, but that's it. The new SMT can improve the combat which was already excellent in IV:A and it can hopefully create an atmosphere on the level of SJ or Nocturne. The fact that they tried to flesh out the characters more in IV:A and ditched Law and Chaos for Nocturne also shows that they're aware that the games can be too formulaic, so hopefully they'll make another attempt to mix it up a bit.

It doesn't even have a Japanese release date. It;s going to be covered in Famitsu though, so maybe they'll give one then, I doubt it though.

>majority on the PS side aren't exclusive or even started on the system
>there's literally only one SMT exclusive
This is why you shun casuals from conversations.

So gameplay wise what is the difference between Persona and mainline SMT games?

The answer is nothing noteworthy. The biggest difference between the two at this point is just the storylines in Persona being better.

I'll never under SMT fags shitting on Persona. Particularly modern fans. It's basically the same fucking game at this point if you ignore the story.

who cares about the localization tho

>Persona and SMT are barely even alike, they both have fusion, Demons and Persona's combat is derivative of Press Turn, but that's it.

Oh okay so they're basically identical games is all.

why are you talking about something when you how no clue? Difference is like night and day you fucking idiot

Battle system
The focus and tone of the story
Overall difficulty
The size of the world

The real question is what's the same and the answer to that is just the demon's and even that has an extent.

People who can't read moon.

>SMTV is gonna be anime shit like IVA and DSJ anyways
SMT was literally always animeshit. If... basically confirmed it.

If you think all there is to either of these games is enemy design and a single mechanic, then sure they're identical.

>nothing noteworthy
>being able to costumize your whole party is nothing noteworthy
This is why Personafags are cancer.

He is a sonyger

They think all games only have one mechanic and game design is just cinematic cutscenes.

Nah their thing is more that anything in one series so say NSMB, SM64 and Kart have the exact same gameplay and it can't possibly be anything else if they're using that IP.

gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-v-will-game-sympathizes-times

Is this the time when he makes his return?

That and they are sonygers and think it isn't even a game unless 3rd person cover shooter.

Let me show you the gameplay difference since you lowlife have no idea what SMT is about.

>SMT
Dungeon crawl from start to the end while you can actually interact with every encounter. Talk to demons, hire them, bully them.

>Persona (3-5)
survive the one dungeon as long as you can, make a pause afterwards, being a degenerate sim dater. Rinse and repeat.

Or to say it with other words:

SMT is for mature autists who are aware of being that

Persona is for manchild autists that are not aware of being that

>sonybro arguing console wars actually knows nothing about the series he's posting about
what a shocker

Can't they learn moon on the internet or something?

>The keywords “Shekinah Glory,” which appeared in the trailer, literally translate to “miracle of God.” When you actually play it and have these keywords in your head, I think you will be able to feel their true meaning.
I feel like that and the paragraph before hint at some salvation coming to the people stressed by everyday events which will probably take the form of the apocalypse. Or shit like religious cults being formed for the sake of escaping the rough reality.

>This is the first time Atlus is using Unreal Engine 4. The game development environment has changed dramatically, and you can check what you made immediately on the game screen, allowing us to cut down on a lot of time working over ideas and trial-and-error. I’m really grateful to have been introduced to it.
I always like hearing this even if it doesn't affect me at all.

There really isn't much of a difference. The only major difference is P5's calendar and life sim component.

What is he even talking about with SMT IV's "training elements?"

Who are you kidding, Stephen always causes the end of the world and instead of trying to fix what he did he spends eternity making it worse

You're fucking retarded. I've owned both Nintendo and Sony consoles at varying times in the last decade, and I've been completely neutral this entire thread.

I'm not arguing in the sense that I think Sony SMT games are better, but that Persona and SMT don't have much of an appreciable difference between them anymore. SMT4 was basically just a really, really shitty Persona game with worse graphics and story. They're similar enough where I don't even consider them separate.

The simulation stuff where you have to win a specific order.
That or the DLC grinding stuff.

Have you even played an SMT game before?

There better be a fucking port. I am not buying a switch just for this shit

That is ONE difference, yes. But the costumization aspect is the deal breaker for me when it comes to SMT vs Persona. Being able to costumize your whole party's skills and weaknesses is really a big part of the fun of SMT. You aren't just trying to create the perfect demon Satanael, you're literally trying to create the perfect party that synergizes with each other.
Not to mention that you can make different builds for the MC which gives it a bit more replay value.

spotted the personafag

>I'm a sonyger and put my ignorance about SMT on display for all to see

Shocking!

So basically, they're the same game except one has waifus. Thanks for proving my point.

ps4 when? fuck

>SMT4 was basically just a really, really shitty Persona game with worse graphics and story. They're similar enough where I don't even consider them separate.
You probably have brain damage.

Good thing it has other good games, then.

>but that Persona and SMT don't have much of an appreciable difference between them anymore
Well sure of you want to ignore the huge differences in both gameplay and theme.

In any case your argument relies on what YOU believe are appreciable differences and of course that's affected by your bias and/or ignorance of both series.

>Nintendo Switch is a lovely platform where you can play high-definition quality games and freely take the hardware from place to place.
According to Ryokutya2089, the reason Atlus chose to make Shin Megami Tensei V for Switch is because it plays high-definition quality games and you can freely take it on the go. Yamai said he wants to see users play the game in ways such as enjoying the story on their TV, and enjoying side activities such as demon fusion while in bed.
>demon fusion while in bed
lewd

>Switch is gonna get the world's greatest backwards compatibility with Virtual Console
>Also is going to have exclusives

That's the biggest difference, but even if it were the only difference then that's a humongous difference between SMT and Persona seeing as it completely changes the structure of the game. Dungeons also have an entirely different approach to them where Persona's are generally made easy but the challenge is in trying to finish them in as little time as possible for the sake of efficiency, where SMT's are made to be difficult in their own right with each encounter being do or die. You're also really underselling the customization of your party,it's the crux of what makes the combat in SMT fun and Persona is very different for lacking it.

You're not making any arguments and you're just shitposting, so no more (You)'s for you.

SMT fans are such tryhard fags.

>plays high-definition quality games
kek

>I have never played any of it, but I know better than you: the post

That is the autism unawareness I was talking about

>Still not Jet set radio future

>Well sure of you want to ignore the huge differences in both gameplay and theme.

Theme, I'll grant. Gameplay, I won't.

You guys keep saying I'm ignorant when chances are I've played more SMT games than most people in this thread. I think you guys are just in denial and want to pretend Persona is more different than it actually is. From a gameplay perspective and when compared to modern SMT games, it's really not very different at all.