Japanese games where ENG dub> JP sub

Angel Price
Angel Price

Chie's voice is the only flaw.

Cooper Brown
Cooper Brown

Too bad the game is shit whether it's in Japanese or English.

Jaxon Ward
Jaxon Ward

teenage girl doesn't sound like a old milf anymore
flaw

Angel Hill
Angel Hill

Too bad the game is shit whether it's in Japanese or English.

Can apply to most JRPGs now, stopped being good after PS1 era

Gavin Gomez
Gavin Gomez

Cindy
Not Cidney

Nah. Dub is shit.

Joshua Reed
Joshua Reed

This

Easton Watson
Easton Watson

Wrong Final Fantasy game.

Grayson Long
Grayson Long

Nier Automata

Blake Richardson
Blake Richardson

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Jason Martinez
Jason Martinez

Man, every voice in XII was fucking awesome except for Vaan, every time he opened his mouth I wanted to turn off the game

Cooper Gray
Cooper Gray

playing a game with Rina Chan as the lead

Nathan Sullivan
Nathan Sullivan

shit game but the dub is 10/10

Zachary Russell
Zachary Russell

implying English 9S isn't perfect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fTEXaA6Y1s

Jackson Lopez
Jackson Lopez

Characters are annoying in both languages, god this game is so fucking shitty. I'd say that english noct>jap noct and jap ignis> english ignis, besides that everyone else is equally obnoxious.

Christian Williams
Christian Williams

This

XV's dub was terrible. They always sounded so robotic, because they recorded separately. Makes Nier's androids sound more human.

Noctis' VA did a decent job though. Better than his performance as Eve in Automata.

Cameron Perez
Cameron Perez

Pic unrelated

Sebastian Wood
Sebastian Wood

Literally doesn't matter, she was barely relevant in the game

Bentley Rodriguez
Bentley Rodriguez

95% of them?

Adam Smith
Adam Smith

spbp

Justin Evans
Justin Evans

After I watched that tekken trailer ENG Prompto>JP Prompto

My ears were bleeding how excited the fucker was in Japanese.

Mason Morales
Mason Morales

Don't forget the terrible sound mixing. I've often encountered moments where one character would say a line before another one could even finish his sentence.

Noah Stewart
Noah Stewart

If the setting is clearly western then ENG > JP
If the setting is clearly japanese then JP> ENG

Call it autism, but nothing ruins immersion more than having a burger completely butcher a japanese name and vice versa

Jose Murphy
Jose Murphy

Every single one of them
muh ching chong nip nong
Don't pretend you can understand that shit

Oliver Miller
Oliver Miller

How was this robotic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opj0RNF4uD4

Nier's dub was trash because it completely changed the image of 2b's character and they did this before with Zero, niggas never learn

Benjamin Miller
Benjamin Miller

Nier's dub was trash because it completely changed the image of 2b's character
Good thing 2B isn't the main character

Charles Perez
Charles Perez

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Luis Roberts
Luis Roberts

Toogood

Wyatt Allen
Wyatt Allen

spend barely any money on the ENG VA's compared to nipponland
dub was 100 times better

Jaxson Walker
Jaxson Walker

Do they even fully dub it? I know Omega Quintet wasn't fully dubbed.

Christian Cox
Christian Cox

Good dub, but Japanese is still better.

Matthew Turner
Matthew Turner

Prompto literally says things like "OMG" and "LOL"
Ignis' obnoxious English accent
Gladio completely incapable of delivering emotion convincingly
Noctis making that retarded hissing sound whenever he's in pain or emotional

Fuck no, OP. What's wrong with you?

Aiden Hall
Aiden Hall

Good thing 2B isn't the main character
She's involved in 60% of the game

Brody Torres
Brody Torres

Pretty much.

Oliver Myers
Oliver Myers

Fuck off Josh Hardin.

Logan Cruz
Logan Cruz

why would nip teens be speaking fluent english?

Lucas Parker
Lucas Parker

God this flairs my autism so much. Cidney is such a better name

Andrew Morales
Andrew Morales

She's only playable for 1/3 of it, and even if she weren't the crux of the plot revolves around 9S

Elijah Cooper
Elijah Cooper

Xeno 2's dub sounds abysmal, but thank god for dual audio.

John Sanchez
John Sanchez

Prompto literally says things like "OMG" and "LOL"

this is somehow out of character for him

Also Ignis is meant to come off dignified so don't get how he comes off obnoxious

Easton Hughes
Easton Hughes

Instead she sounds like a drunk, nasally Canadian.

Aaron Perry
Aaron Perry

She's only playable for 1/3 of it
Yes and in the 2nd half you can still do side shit with her maining 9s . The 3rd part of the game is riduclously short and has the least amount of side content.

Not matter how much you twist it 2B is involved in a good chunk of a game, ruining her character in a dub is inexcusuable

Jack Carter
Jack Carter

Prompto's a lot gayer than I thought then. I highly doubt the text talk was in the JP script then.

Britbongs
dignified
lel
It's just the way he pronounces "bath" that really kills me.

Lucas Clark
Lucas Clark

I wouldn't say it was "ruined," her English voice is a little clumsier about who 2B's supposed to be but she still gets it across fine

Noah Sanders
Noah Sanders

Pic unrelated?

Tyler Myers
Tyler Myers

Britain has culture and history, something Americans are incapable of relating too.

Tyler Gray
Tyler Gray

And it's rapidly being destroyed by the Muslims.

Matthew Long
Matthew Long

Toast sandwiches and warm beer are not "culture," go to a fucking dentist Harry

Isaiah Jackson
Isaiah Jackson

I got to meet 9S' voice actor (Kyle McCarley) at an anime convention 3 months ago, he was super nice. Signed my copy of Automata and Fire Emblem Echoes. I told him I love the way he screams, and he said "Well thanks, I don't like the way it makes my throat feel though." He was really nice.

Ethan Scott
Ethan Scott

Tidus sounds like a fucking shrill yankee in JP FFX.

Landon Garcia
Landon Garcia

Britain has culture and history

Liam Miller
Liam Miller

I heard he streamed the whole game shortly after it came out, from what I hear he sounds like a cool dude

Luis Wilson
Luis Wilson

old milf replaced with canadian cement mixer
not a flaw

Asher Green
Asher Green

But those are all the good points? Did you get thing backwards?

Dominic Gutierrez
Dominic Gutierrez

Nice try but here in the UK we are still a white dominant nation, unlike your niggerland.

Don't you have more English language terms that you have to go dumb down now Jimbo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wSw3IWRJa0&t=3s

Kevin Cruz
Kevin Cruz

Vaan sounds like a whiny bitch instead of a delinquent who doesn't take shit from anyone
Fran sounds like some weird fortune teller in a back alley instead of a calm and wise older sister-like character

I thought so too, at first. The only one that's legitimately better is Basch. Baltheir is also excellent, but his Jap voice is good, too.

Adam Barnes
Adam Barnes

You're all horribly wrong.

Daniel Hernandez
Daniel Hernandez

Nah dude, Noctis sounds awesome in Tekken.

Brayden Bailey
Brayden Bailey

I don't think you even read my post.

Angel Wilson
Angel Wilson

hearing someone speaking plain English then say shit like 'senpai'
I can't do it. Plus I'm a /m/an and hearing Shuichi Ikeda in anything justifies watching or playing it in Jap.

Asher Moore
Asher Moore

He did actually. It's on his YouTube channel. He also sometimes streams Fire Emblem Echoes.

Mason Barnes
Mason Barnes

One can't have dignity without being British
Source: Every other nationality.

And how could you not love the others taking the piss out of the way he talks?

Colton Martin
Colton Martin

really all 3 persona games desu ill take english futaba over aoi yuuki anyday

Thomas Collins
Thomas Collins

Meanwhile after America has been overrun by niggers, pajeets will now take over the nation soon.

Must feel bad to be a white American

Jason Rogers
Jason Rogers

posts the worst voice in the game next to the twins
im glad erin got replaced she was fucking trash, nep, blanc, IF and chika best dub voices

Thomas Hughes
Thomas Hughes

O B S E S S E D

taking the piss
This never happens in the game.

Sebastian Anderson
Sebastian Anderson

I'd rather have doll hanakana.

Luke Morris
Luke Morris

fuck YOU.
Noire had the best english voice

Evan Ortiz
Evan Ortiz

original game was the only one where it was pretty much fully dubbed except for a few scenes that i dont think were even voiced in jap

James Carter
James Carter

Must feel bad to be a white American
Probably feels like nothing at all.

This never happens in the game.
Oh you haven't played? Because there are a few times when he's not around and they'll say something in his accent. Most noticeably when they get a new recipe and ape his "Ah've come up weth a nyew recipehhh"

Levi Watson
Levi Watson

They also got just really good voice actors for Ocelot and Boss.

Liam Ward
Liam Ward

Don't you have more English language terms that you have to go dumb down
OI BRUV U FOCKIN WOT M8 Y DONT U FUCK OFF YEAH? ON YOUR BIKE TOSSER, YOUR TAKIN THE PISS INNIT, JOG ON THEN

Chase Jackson
Chase Jackson

TRASH
shit even uni is better, fuck off anonydeath

Hunter Morris
Hunter Morris

They had to literately delay the game because the English dub was so bad and included free Japanese audio
SAAKAAMAATOE

Please don't buy another Persona game. We don't want your kind playing our games.

Gabriel Allen
Gabriel Allen

The honorifics are weird but you get used to them. There aren't nearly as many in 5 as there are in 3 and 4.

Carson King
Carson King

Probably feels like nothing at all.
America literally has more white people than any other country on earth

Asher Martinez
Asher Martinez

Japanese games
FFXV
why are >ENG so disgusting

Logan Taylor
Logan Taylor

Sikhs are one of the last cultures you gotta worry about.
Not to say that you shouldn't worry about other cultures, though.

Carson Parker
Carson Parker

This girl is cute and made me consider buying her game, then i realised I'm a grown ass man and brought Yakuza instead.

A pity.

Luke Hill
Luke Hill

Of course I've played it, but I wasted a lot of hours fucking around with the dumb side quests and hunts and I never once heard them mock his accent. Do you have a YT link of it or something?

Jackson Bell
Jackson Bell

low quality american shitters in a japanese game with honorfics senpai etc full japanese setting

yeah...no

NieR had awful 9S acting cunt made me install undub for echoes too because he was Alm. 2B also bad completely changed the character awful voice direction, A2 was OK inENG but Japan still better on all and the fanbase agreed with me pic related dubfags BTFO

Austin Walker
Austin Walker

TAKE IT BACK

Kevin Watson
Kevin Watson

White America losing their ground is something you should be worried about.

Caleb Price
Caleb Price

Japanese games where ENG dub> JP sub

There is no such thing.

William Phillips
William Phillips

Prompto is an average lower-middle class millenial/Gen Z smartphone user who loves online gaming to the point he mentions "grinding experience", making the other three cringe hard. It's perfectly in character.

Jose Flores
Jose Flores

weebs existing means the dub is bad

Michael Baker
Michael Baker

die weeb

Henry Cruz
Henry Cruz

NEVER ASAMI IMAI IS THE ONE TRUE NOIRE in game dub is trash but the anime was alright since they arent voicing static screens

Hudson Butler
Hudson Butler

AI COM UP WIT A NEW RECIPEY

Caleb Rodriguez
Caleb Rodriguez

I don't usually have a strong opinion on whether something should be subbed or dubbed, but subbed it was more natural for a game about Japanese people in Japan who regularly reference who knows what in English and how well.

Ryder Reed
Ryder Reed

I was so happy when I saw those statistics. The Japanese dub of Automata is the definitive version. The English version butchered characters like 2B. For anyone wondering, these are official statistics.

Same happened with Drakengard 3. The English version butchered everything and even if you understand a bit of Japanese, you can tell how wrong the subtitles are when playing in Japanese.

Julian Butler
Julian Butler

EU VA's>US VA's

Bentley Cook
Bentley Cook

53%
Including Spics
Lol.
And you even say "white", because they're all mutts anyway, rather than single nationalities.

Only one i could find, sorry.
https://youtu.be/VUP55w9MyAk?t=44
And if you didn't see that one, you really gimped yourself on fishing. That recipehh was invaluable.

Kayden Cooper
Kayden Cooper

Why weeb? English isn't even my first language, Japan just put real effort into their dubs like no english speaking country does.

Jeremiah Barnes
Jeremiah Barnes

As someone who plays 99% of his Japanese games in Japanese, Metal Gear Solid and Kingdom Hearts are literately the only exceptions. Although, if I had a choice in the matter, I'd probably play KH in Japanese.

Elijah Wilson
Elijah Wilson

I really haven't played any MGS in japanese so I can't tell but the english VA is amazing.

Benjamin Morgan
Benjamin Morgan

I played the game in Japanese and never got that meme until a while ago. I don't see the appeal of the line. The Japanese VA is way fucking better.

Jack Green
Jack Green

Dub wasn't the only thing butchered in Drakengard 3.

What a horrible mess off a game that was that couldn't even serve its purpose as a prequel after spending 120 bucks

Ian Bell
Ian Bell

53%
of 350 million
And what does it matter if they're "mutts," is the child of a swede and a norwegian not white because he's not 100% swedish or norwegian?

Carter Russell
Carter Russell

Japan just put real effort into their dubs
Untrue, they all have Japanese voices. Of which there are only four-five of them.

Hudson Roberts
Hudson Roberts

Chocobo Festival
No wonder I never found it then. Still, I have to admit that was cute. Thanks user.

Ryan Harris
Ryan Harris

imagine being so assmad at america that you make a cherry pick image full of your favorite athletes showing off their abs

that's not incredibly gay at all

Hudson Martin
Hudson Martin

Came into the thread expecting to say that anyone who says Persona 3/4/5 is a tasteless cunt. Immediately saw so,
YOU'RE A TASTELESS, SHALLOW CUNT

Juan Scott
Juan Scott

Fran isn't very wise, though. She's young and unremarkable for a Viera, not to mention her whole tribe has an accent.
Vaan
tough delinquent
He's exactly the same in Nipland. He's one of the least popular FF characters for a reason.

Luke Johnson
Luke Johnson

Speaking of that how can I play MGS1 and 2 in japanese?

This looks sounds cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c682Ixwce-8

Zachary Ortiz
Zachary Ortiz

And what does it matter if they're "mutts
A half-breed wouldn't understand, I guess. But it means that you belong to neither culture, and are obviously lesser for it. Like being Polish/French. Or German/Irish. Very different, but "lol, we wuz all white!"

There are a few others where Prompto and Gladio do similar, but i just couldn't find them on youtube.

James Fisher
James Fisher

Well Peace Walker at least had two very popular VAs in it.

I know it's an awkward clip, but Peace Walker had good VAs in the Japanese version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaABZqW4DNg

Paz's Japanese VA sang Love Deterrence as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_5R_DMCJA

Still love the English dub though. The lack of Hayter was a reason I didn't like MGSV.

Tyler Perez
Tyler Perez

Look for an "undub" ROM on the internet. They replace the English audio with Japanese and use the Englsuh subs.

John Nelson
John Nelson

Americanize game
JP voice better than ENG
Name one.

Mason Moore
Mason Moore

Came here to post this.

Brayden Myers
Brayden Myers

But it means that you belong to neither culture
this is sjw "cultural appropriation'-tier logic

kys

Juan Young
Juan Young

It has it's flaws, but I can say that I had much more fun with it over many recent AAA games.

Jack Ramirez
Jack Ramirez

I think Xenoblade 1 is only Japanese game I played in English when given the choice I mostly install patches for dual audio if possible. Just because it wasn't the generic American trash.

Excluding stuff like Bayonetta and Souls series because the original creators wanted English VA(funny how they were both British focused too), Bayonetta had English voice overs only at initial launch JP were forced to use subs

Daniel Perry
Daniel Perry

Better be prepared for the incoming caliphate then, I hope you keep your smug condescending attitude when you're having your hand chopped off for drinking a pint. Monoculture/ethnicity is obviously superior but western leaders have irreversibly fucked that up for all of us, so I'd recommend wiping the sneer off your face because it's happening to you too

Isaiah Bennett
Isaiah Bennett

do you understand how culture works

Charles Thompson
Charles Thompson

But it means that you belong to neither culture
Yeah that's why we told the crown to fuck itself and made our own culture

Cameron Nguyen
Cameron Nguyen

They say senpai like literally once in the whole game

Nicholas Sullivan
Nicholas Sullivan

kys
As i said, a mudblood could never understand. You might as well be saying that half-Swede/half-Somali is still Swedish.
Or perhaps you're just wanting to eliminate national identities to assimilate them under one generic banner?

Jason Cruz
Jason Cruz

Even though it's a clip from the Pokemon anime, it illustrates my point quite well. This is why I play Japanese games in Japanese. Why don't we get this level of enthusiasm in the west with English dubs? The music isn't edited FYI, the English dub of Pokemon just uses shitty music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-u1rVFoYU

Jeremiah Davis
Jeremiah Davis

Are you saying Somalia is just like Norway and Sweden?

Adam King
Adam King

actively avoiding english voices in games and going out of your way to get japanese ones

I seriously hope you faggots don't do this

Ian Torres
Ian Torres

Father > Brother

Isaiah Parker
Isaiah Parker

I think Xenoblade 1 is only Japanese game I played in English when given the choice I mostly install patches for dual audio if possible.
The difference is that XB1 used actual actors for the voice acting IIRC. One of the actresses from Doctor Who does voices.

Excluding stuff like Bayonetta and Souls series because the original creators wanted English VA
Also acceptable for that reason because they put the effort in. I think I heard that they used theater actors from the Soulsborne series at least. Also fun fact: Bloodborne had a Japanese dub though.

Jackson Williams
Jackson Williams

Nah man that gotta be a lie, drakengard 3 was at like 15fps and had tons of content missing outside the main game and had some pure bullshit final boss only someone who looked up guides beforehand could have seen coming.

I would rather play nu-hitman or nu-deus ex any day of the week over that terrible experience

Jackson Howard
Jackson Howard

i'm whiter than you or your wife's son will ever be fella

nice dodge on your sjw argument though, i see you trying to play pretend by bringing up some globalism tripe to deflect lol what a brainlet

William Ward
William Ward

doesnt she sound like a man when transformed?

Alexander Adams
Alexander Adams

I think there aren't undubbed versions of MGS, at least I haven't found one and I found a forum of a guy saying how he was creating one in 2012.

Cooper Nelson
Cooper Nelson

Father > Brother
He's practically not even canon anymore, user. Pic related, Emil's memories from one of the Automata books.

Kayden Nguyen
Kayden Nguyen

yeah ill admit i dont like her transformed voice
it sounds too forced

Isaiah Richardson
Isaiah Richardson

Nah man that gotta be a lie, drakengard 3 was at like 15fps
Framerate doesn't bother me and I almost platinumed the game. I'm used to it.
and had tons of content missing outside the main game and had some pure bullshit final boss only someone who looked up guides beforehand could have seen coming.
While I agree with the cut content and ESPECIALLY the awful DLC practices, I have a love/hate relaltionship with the final boss. I fucking hate it, but I also love the balls on Taro for doing it because "It's final boss". That was his actual reason BTW.
I would rather play nu-hitman or nu-deus ex any day of the week over that terrible experience
Couldn't get into Deus Ex and I don't hate Hitman, despite the episodic format being awful.

Christopher Davis
Christopher Davis

The dub for MK2 was fucking flawless.
I wish I could replay it with japanese text and english voices. Or reverse undub the PSP version.

Jayden Thompson
Jayden Thompson

Same. Aoi Yuuki's got an annoying voice. Futaba's slightly deeper tone in the dub feels a lot more genuine.

Ryder Jenkins
Ryder Jenkins

Monoculture/ethnicity is obviously superior
western leaders have irreversibly fucked that up for all of us
Glad you agree.

Obviously.

Yeah that's why we told the crown to fuck itself
"You" did that to serve the interests of your merchant elite against the wishes of the people.
and made our own culture
When?

Nope. But you are by saying nationalities don't matter.

i'm whiter than you
53%
How many kids do you have, Pablo?
nice dodge on your sjw argument though
Because it's retarded. You're the one arguing like that by pretending it's okay to "assimilate" foreign cultures.

Eli Brooks
Eli Brooks

I think there was one for MGS2 somewhere. If you have a hacked Vita, I'm pretty sure there's undubs for MGS2 and maybe 3.

Lucas Long
Lucas Long

Aoi Yuuki's got an annoying voice
She's literately one of the best VAs in Persona 5? Man, what is it with some western men and women with deep voices?

Kevin Sullivan
Kevin Sullivan

I did like Final Fantasy XV in English indeed. This is just because square themselves have always held English as the definitive voice for their games, and since PS2 days they always put effort into quality voice acting. Final Fantasy X, XII, XIII all since X just feel and sound better in English. So does Kingdom Hearts, but added Disney's grunt in getting their own quality cast as part of the game.

few other games like this could be Killer is Dead, where original games were English only

Nier automata is bad. It is one of those dubs that have to go reinvent the character again just so the female voice actor can feel more comfortable or whatever. Something in lines of going to neptunia. Just rewrite shit just make this part different and you end up with completely different character. American directors just REALLY need to stop inserting snarky "TUFFNESS" where none existed and wasn't needed.

gotta say it really is just what you want. Japanese is REALLY good, but so is English. Especially Troy as Yuri is just really goddarn deliciously good.

yeah... No. Not even half way to equaling Japanese in this case. See that whole thing about essentially rewriting characters, inserting snarkiness where not needed (neptune in mk2 and beyond) - actors being prissies and just not doing any yelling in any competent way, cuts, cuts, cuts, and subpar voice acting generally and only people who justify it say "BECAUSE NEPTUNE ISN'T SO INSUFFERABLE TO LISTEN TO" in which case you are not playing a game you are enjoying, stop it, switch your game, the english is not making it better it is just making something you are not really liking just slightly less dislikeable.

Isaac Hughes
Isaac Hughes

buzzword of the month
Pablo
more than you pajeet
WAAAAAAA YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO IDENTIFY WITH YOUR ETHNIC BACKGROUND ABLOO BLOO BLOO
don't you have a rape gang to protect or something

Lincoln Scott
Lincoln Scott

When?
Over the last 250 years
you are by saying nationalities don't matter
In a world where the native populations of every western country are being infested and irreversibly changed by third world barbarians from everywhere else in the world, maybe a temporary truce among westerners is prudent regardless of which part of the west they're from

Isaac Carter
Isaac Carter

primarily Japanese audience for game
mostly played in Japanese
who would have guessed

Ryan Moore
Ryan Moore

Last week a British police officer was overpowered and handcuffed by a random dude on the street. It was filmed, spread around the internet as "funny" and people failed it see why it was a problem.

I bet there are retards reading this right now who don't understand exactly what it means for a society when its capacity of enforcing law is not only completely gelded, but mocked by society at large.

Easton Gray
Easton Gray

Framerate doesn't bother me
Come on bruh, when shit gets sub 20 and as low as 15 consistently it gets way to noticeable. Shit made no sense since Nier was never this bad. They only had 1 system to make this for and still shitted out something not even playable. This is one game that needs a PC release but even then after how Nier was treated it might still suck.

Caleb Wilson
Caleb Wilson

They also make fun of his awful puns (my favourite is when Noctis shuts them up with a long sentence consisting of nothing but puns) and the general high-born stuffiness.
Ignis: Noct, your clothes are filthy!
Noctis (laughs): And so are yours.
Ignis: ... You're right. (sigh) We all need a wash.

Gabriel Gonzalez
Gabriel Gonzalez

maybe a temporary truce among westerners is prudent regardless of which part of the west they're from
don't count on it, you're talking to some dumb limey that bases his arguments around memes
OI M8 BINNAT POST

i saw it too, the absolute state, etc.

Isaiah James
Isaiah James

Japanese dubs even make american things better, like RWBY.

Nathan Watson
Nathan Watson

buzzword of the month
You mean 53%? I guess it is only "of the month" because it'll probably be lower next month. Good job. Nice dodge on how many kids you have.
YOUR ETHNIC BACKGROUND
Which one? You probably have quite a few to choose from.

Over the last 250 years
Still not seeing it. Or do you mean the culture of subservience to banking and your ghastly "cuisine"? Oh wait, there is the culture of either losing in wars, or others winning for you and yet claiming to be responsible for victory.
maybe a temporary truce among westerners is prudent regardless of which part of the west they're from
I entirely concur. But that doesn't mean we need to sully the gene pool in doing so.

Angel Jones
Angel Jones

In a world where the native populations of every western country are being infested and irreversibly changed by third world barbarians from everywhere else in the world

China seem to be doing well for a reason, they don't welcome SJW fucks

Lincoln White
Lincoln White

That's not very hard. How do people watch that crap, the animation, writing and voice acting are bottom of the barrel quality.

Mason Anderson
Mason Anderson

Hell no. Father Nier comes off as mentally retarded.

Kayden Davis
Kayden Davis

more than you
..N-nice dodge..!
special education reading comprehension confirmed

Gabriel Reed
Gabriel Reed

Yeah, but it doesn't bother me. It'd be nice if it had the framerate fixed, but at the same time, I can manage. I used to play games like Just Cause 3 with an even worse framerate and had hours of fun. Framerate just isn't a big deal to me in most games.

Jonathan Cox
Jonathan Cox

The voices are just so good here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbOv8xneR4Y

Angel Howard
Angel Howard

Why do westerners get so insecure about playing as "pretty boys"? I'd rather look like a Brother Nier over some masculine guy any day.

Blake Reyes
Blake Reyes

KAHNJI-COON

Caleb King
Caleb King

Not even sure if you're in the right thread or not. But english sucked so bad.
A game about moe little girls
english sounds like those kind of girls of your classroom, you know, the ones they think they're all fashion and popular but in reality they all hate them
japanese at least is not that repetitive as english and sounds like they should

Joseph Robinson
Joseph Robinson

I'd only touch this game if it had dual audio. I didn't think about buying FEW until it had dual audio announced.

Luis Gutierrez
Luis Gutierrez

Or do you mean the culture of subservience to banking and your ghastly "cuisine"?
You're describing England
But that doesn't mean we need to sully the gene pool in doing so
You're right, but a half-Irish half-German man is still objectively superior to any African or arab and causes far less problems than either, so maybe focus your ire on immigration from disparate cultures

Dominic Allen
Dominic Allen

Dragonball games. You can keep your grandma Goku.

Henry Perez
Henry Perez

Because you're a homosexual

Colton Gutierrez
Colton Gutierrez

as "pretty boys"?
Not everyone wants to play a generic FF character clone

Kevin Morales
Kevin Morales

Luckily for you they announced dual audio for it recently.

Jack Anderson
Jack Anderson

No but if the thread is going on about "dubs that are superior to JP" - any game that are japanese kids in japanese settings have hell of a time being better dubbed than in Japanese.

It is not a weeb thing even it is just inheret disconnection of English being heard from withing people like "Chie Tanaka" or whatever. Then honorifics on top of it and it just sounds silly.

All persona games are better in Japanese than English. Do all persona games have shit dub? No. I played 3 and 4 in English because it was fine in english. Just really fucking stupid for a lot of the time. But at least Persona 3 and 4 on PS2 had good casts so they are just darn fine for most of the time. Just every time these ameribongs have to whip out a "kun" "Senpai" or other just fucking japanese shit because it is game about japanese kids on a japanese island in a japanese school with japanese teachers and japanese books and japanese everything else, the one thing aside text not being in japanese is standing out in a sore way. other games have it worse really, since at least Persona 3 and 4 (on PS2) have good voice acting. it just is out of place as chinese would be in a stalker game.

Jeremiah Powell
Jeremiah Powell

Metal Gear Rising probably has the best English dub in any media I've ever heard, which is saying a lot considering what series it's in. Every character is expertly cast and acted, down to the codec side characters like Boris and Kevin. The maybe one weak link is Kari Wahlgren just kind of doing her normal anime voice for Courtney, and that's really nitpicky since it's still not a bad performance at all.

And then there's this beautiful motherfucker.

William Price
William Price

Why not both?

Levi Lee
Levi Lee

more than you
directly after the % comment
somehow meant to be relating to a different comment
But still doesn't actually answer with a number
You're right, i'm sorry for not translating from Ebonics.

I used to play games like Just Cause 3 with an even worse framerate
What on? Because 2 and 3 were bloody fabulous on toasters.

You're describing England
Stellar riposte from the nation which takes governance from Wall Street.
but a half-Irish half-German man is still objectively superior to any African or arab
Indeed, but it's still a shameful state of affairs which should never be allowed to continue. The only difference being the triage relating to which should be fixed first.
focus your ire
Absolutely. But just because the basement is flooding doesn't mean we should let the attic be set on fire.

Christian Reed
Christian Reed

Imagine having taste this shit

Carter Martinez
Carter Martinez

This.
I want to know who is the person who plays the game, and is into deeply weeb shit as neptunia and then goes "yeah, english is the way these voices are meant to be"

like who is the one who just goes half weeb but eww who listens to japanese.
Who are these retards doing this?

Tyler Rogers
Tyler Rogers

I hated that a lot of japanese games on the PS3 had no dual audio option, I remember playing Tales of Xillia and Drakengard 3 suffering through that shitty english voice acting. This has never happened to me on PC, and if it happens I can mod in japanese voices, even for Tales of Zestiria I could mod in the original opening with lyrics, which is amazing.

Isaiah Hughes
Isaiah Hughes

As a long time MGSV fan I'll shitpost about how disappointed I was in this game until the end of time, but goddamn did Robin Atkin Downes fucking kill it at Miller.

As you said, Ocelot did great too, but it's distracting to have three different voice actors for one character who each voice the role very differently.

Even 24 did well in the cassette tapes, I wish they'd have had him speak more in cutscenes.

Benjamin Morris
Benjamin Morris

Anyone with ears? It's a pretty repugnant language. Up there with Hebrew and Finnish.

Parker Bell
Parker Bell

Dual audio was confirmed. Jap track is free DLC.

Jace Rodriguez
Jace Rodriguez

MGS fan, not MGSV fan.

Asher Foster
Asher Foster

but drakengard had dual audio dlc. Complete bullshit, no one will argue that

Leo Torres
Leo Torres

None but that doesn't mean all English dubs are bad nor does it make you stupid for enjoying them.

Asher Robinson
Asher Robinson

Stellar riposte from the nation which takes governance from Wall Street.
If you think parliament isn't 100% jewed, you're absolutely delusional
it's still a shameful state of affairs which should never be allowed to continue
just because the basement is flooding doesn't mean we should let the attic be set on fire
Regardless of whether or not it should be doesn't change the fact that it is, and unfortunately we have to make the best of it

Elijah Flores
Elijah Flores

I've got nothing. At best the dub is almost equal. It's never going to be outright better

Asher Ramirez
Asher Ramirez

Oh good. I wasn't sure about that.

Nope, very straight and have no problem with women. Even though I'm an adult, I'm aiming for this hairstyle right now. I don't like "masculine" or "grown up" hairstyles.

They're better than generic white guys or forced diversity.

I don't care either way (I love masculine characters like the Yakuza cast and "feminine" like your average FF character), but people get weird about the later.

Nathan Baker
Nathan Baker

Is rising in Japanese in japan?
I have to make sure because platinum already has few "meant to be in english" games.

Vanquish. BTW whole thread: We all can agree Vanquish is japanese and superior in English.

many games before that from same people were only in English. God Hand for one has no Japanese dub, not even in Japan. Same goes for Silent Hill 1 - 4 and other such rarities where the game was to be in english so much that they made the game only in english. At least voices, text of course is translated, and even additional subtitles added in Japanese versions.

Carson Robinson
Carson Robinson

Tara Strong as Wonder Pink can grate, but the rest is amazing. Bayonetta also deserves mention.

Nathan Adams
Nathan Adams

Oh yeah I remember now, I never buy DLC though.

Brandon Sanchez
Brandon Sanchez

Armored Core dubs hit that sweet spot between actually well acted and ridiculously cheesy. I think because you never see pilots, just their mechs, it pushes the actors to really put a lot of character into the voices since you can't rely on seeing the character.

Hunter Sanders
Hunter Sanders

What on? Because 2 and 3 were bloody fabulous on toasters.
PS4. I have a PS Pro now, so the game runs at a smooth 25 FPS now. It'd hit like 5-10 during explosions or busy scenes.

Bentley Carter
Bentley Carter

Layton

Asher Scott
Asher Scott

Nintendo made a good decision doing this. I haven't brought any of their 3DS games in years and hacked it because of the censorship/English audio only.

Is rising in Japanese in japan?
Yes.

Landon Murphy
Landon Murphy

Are there any video games that have a dub on par with the absolute perfection of a dub that is Spice and Wolf?

Blake Kelly
Blake Kelly

Yeah, all Metal Gear games (except Twin Snakes and Integral IIRC) are Japanese in Japan. Raiden's Japanese voice is actually really deep compared to Quinton Flynn.

Grayson Evans
Grayson Evans

They got together and did a reading of the concert
God bless them

Dominic Roberts
Dominic Roberts

It's not fucking arabic.
And again, the fuck you doing playing second or third most weeb shit you can have in videogame form and then decide japanese is shit so I do it in english.

Japanese sounds fine. Then again I also think Hebrew and Finnish sound fine. I also think Chinese, Korean, French and Russian is fine.

Every language is kinda fun to listen to even if many I know nothing of.

Language itself is simple though. Moonrunes is the hardest part.

But again. Who is the weeb who picks up neptunia but then decided japanese is insufferable to listen to. These are some next level dead brain cells we are dealing here.

Caleb Wright
Caleb Wright

godhand
Despite that its credits song is in japanese. Is it the voice for gene singing jap? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0AyVGjFZ6I

Grayson Flores
Grayson Flores

is there a video? or was it only streamed?

Luis Hernandez
Luis Hernandez

If you think parliament isn't 100% jewed
Duh. That's the purpose of (((politicians))). Anywhere with (((elective government))) has a form of terminal cancer.
and unfortunately we have to make the best of it
And i agree with that. But the best of it should never cause more damage.

Ah right. Never saw it as an issue, though. Only during the most hectic scenes did it slow down on my slim.

Ryder Flores
Ryder Flores

nep sounds like shit in the dub

Carson Green
Carson Green

yeah, had to make sure because it is a platinum game but yeah it would be silly to break integrity of series' presentation just because it is made by different company. Nier, nor Starfox nor anything else platinum was part of did that shit.

I always wondered if it was part of the series, would any "international" version of MGS be in English in Japan. Or; how does Hideo feel to be definitive voice over to his games. I would think English because they are emulating american movies with american movie cast but he is also japanese.
or maybe both to him are equal value who the fuck knows until he is actually asked this by someone actually interested in his games and not just another disillusioned journo.

Anthony Butler
Anthony Butler

he sounds like shit dude, hanae natsuki is literally 1000 times better

Justin Sanchez
Justin Sanchez

Jap 9S just sounds neurotic, English 9S legitimately sounds like he's losing his shit and degenerating mentally, especially in the final fight with A2

Jonathan Bell
Jonathan Bell

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

Joshua Phillips
Joshua Phillips

he fuck you doing playing second or third most weeb shit you can have in videogame form and then decide japanese is shit so I do it in english.
One doesn't need to like the sound of nails down a blackboard to do other weeb shit, though.
Hell, i like weeb games, but that doesn't mean i like pachinko.
Who is the weeb who picks up neptunia but then decided japanese is insufferable to listen to.
Any westerner? The game can be fun, but the language is disgusting, and their five VAs are all turds.
It's like if someone disliked Russian, they might still enjoy Stalker or Metro.

Jason Richardson
Jason Richardson

But that's disliking the best part of metro and stalker.

Jaxon Roberts
Jaxon Roberts

I'm not against dubs at all but if you don't play Stalker and Metro in Russian you can fuck right off

Carter Morgan
Carter Morgan

his screams are so bad sounding. just because he can ham it up doesn't mean it's good.

Camden Cruz
Camden Cruz

Jap 9S in routes A and B is better
English 9S in route C is better

But 9S is honestly the only thing in the dub I really do like aside from Emil.

Carson Russell
Carson Russell

Why would eurocentric dressed characters and knights be speaking japanese.

Tyler Sullivan
Tyler Sullivan

Jap 9S is literally [autistic screeching]

Asher Johnson
Asher Johnson

Shit taste.

Gavin Rogers
Gavin Rogers

so are your posts

James Hernandez
James Hernandez

Well he did go through the trouble of searching out a new VA personally for Venom because he wanted a more "mature sounding" Big Boss.

I think as the years went on, he found it more suitable in English.

Jordan Carter
Jordan Carter

Because ugly dude that looks ugly > ugly boy that's supposed to be pretty.

Jacob Morgan
Jacob Morgan

I cant stand ignis

Camden Gonzalez
Camden Gonzalez

Let's be honest, that was just Kojimbo making excuses to suck celebrity dick. No offense to the Kief Chief.

Ian Harris
Ian Harris

I agree.

I have no problem with the Japanese audio. I just prefer the characters in English. Neptune is nicer on the ears, Noire's annoying in both languages but this is no longer true since she got a new English VA in 4GO, and I just really like Blanc and Vert's voices compared to their Japanese voices.

Also to add to this, I don't like playing video games in Japanese. Especially all these JRPGs that use a visual novel interface for the scenes. I usually end up reading the text before they're done speaking, and I just end up skipping a lot of the dialogue. When it's in English, I actually let the voice actors say all of their lines before continuing, because it's audibly more familiar for me so I'm actually taking the time to listen to it.

I played Blazblue, Nier Automata, Persona 5, and the Atelier games in English as well. Some people really blow shit out of proportion when they talk about how "bad" these English dubs are.

Ryder Scott
Ryder Scott

JOHN CYGAN WILL NEVER DUB EVERYTHING IN EXISTENCE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Dominic Barnes
Dominic Barnes

9S is better, but Toobs is definitely inferior

Samuel Harris
Samuel Harris

And it was a good move. Kief did a good role as venom.

Honestly, I really don't like Snake's original voice at all. It just sounds like he is trying to hard.

Justin Sanders
Justin Sanders

Friendly reminder John Cygan is dead
Friendly reminder that Richard Doyle is best Big Boss voice

Aiden Peterson
Aiden Peterson

What's so wrong with playing as masculine guy?

Juan Kelly
Juan Kelly

america has a sikh mayor in a litetally where city
mayor of fucking london is Sadiq Khan, a straight up "moderate" muslim

The absolute state of Britbongistan

Lincoln Reed
Lincoln Reed

https://youtu.be/yF0y083mMHA

Jordan Murphy
Jordan Murphy

Cherami Leigh(A2) is legitimately a really fucking good voice actor and putting her in RWBY of all things was a mistake because it just highlights how shit the voice actors for the main characters are

Jack Ward
Jack Ward

rina chan dressed as 2b
I dont even think she's terrible at the role but holy shit she cant pull that cosplay off.

Camden Cox
Camden Cox

and yet america blows every other country in the world out of the water winning the vast majority of gold medals every single goddamn time

Lol, get fucked, i dont envy non americans, they get their asses athletically beaten every few years by the country with the second highest obesity rate in the world, imagine being THAT cucked

Noah Harris
Noah Harris

Easily

Jaxon Bell
Jaxon Bell

IIRC the first game was English only, they didn't try a Japanese dub until the PS3 remake.

Chase Carter
Chase Carter

y-you just wouldnt understand!

Amazing

Jack Diaz
Jack Diaz

Another example of Robin Atkin Downes killing it.

Zachary Smith
Zachary Smith

I’m bummed that it seems like they aren’t getting him back.

Alexander Sullivan
Alexander Sullivan

tfw he isn't coming back for Travis Strikes Again

Jaxon Carter
Jaxon Carter

DMC finally got a Japanese dub with 4SE, Toshiyuki Morikawa is an excellent Dante (best Jap VA in the business if you ask me) but I'd still say the English is better.

Samuel Bell
Samuel Bell

They only replaced him for the teaser trailer, y-you'll see ;_;

Cooper Wood
Cooper Wood

What? I immediately watched the trailer again. He's still Robin

Gabriel Murphy
Gabriel Murphy

How would they if they're not part of it, and have been indoctrinated to the contrary position all their life?

Brody Sanchez
Brody Sanchez

Robin has tweets about being disappointed that he's not coming back.

Alexander Reed
Alexander Reed

shinada
Damn, they sound so different.

Nolan Ward
Nolan Ward

Neptune is nicer on the ears
she isn't. I like her to be a different and overhyper as she is meant to be portrayed. If your ears are having problems lower some volume levels. To my ears a unneedingly snarky bitch who sounds worse than my little sister is nicer to my ears but what the fuck do I know maybe some people just enjoy snarky bitches.

Noire's annoying in both
Asami imai is good though.

Pururut' Eng is fucking 3 levels of bad.

Blanc had OK VA If I am not entirely wrong. Same woman who did Haruhi in dub so she probably isn't from the worst end. Vert I cannot say complaints about but Rina Sato is just a wonderful voice to listen to in general, but Vert is also my favorite neptunia so - she best.

Persona has probably OK dub tho. 3 and 4 on PS2 did. They are just very off-place being in English while being in utterly Japanese setting and culture. Those games probably have OK English dubs but I can tell from first 5 minutes that Nier is also better in Japanese than English.

I personally already do reading by default. English is a second language to me I learned by mostly reading subtitles or other English text. Since English is a Second language already to me it is not getting a special pass and I am not expecting anyone to dub jack shit to Finnish. heck if I had a choice I'd take neptunia in English rather than Finnish.

Also some do blow Eng dubs being bad the fuck out. Persona series, tales series, and Blazblue/Guilty Gear have pretty OK voice acting and stuff I could agree goes down to preference. But Neptunia is two levels lower, where voice actors are directed to be snarky where none exist, underacting stuff that should not be, missing not-even-so-subtle details like way characters speak in different manner or force of voice when transformed, worst and most noticeable being Pururut in Iris Heart form in Victory - Neptunia's dub is a rewrite in voice acting form and a bad shitty fan kind of it at that.

Lucas Jenkins
Lucas Jenkins

None

None

Jonathan Long
Jonathan Long

Yeah... well I spent too much of my life anticipating the old Kojima ruse cruise switcharoos to put any faith in that.

Gabriel Roberts
Gabriel Roberts

You literally have no way of knowing what races they are, and by your logic, therefore you dont know what they do and do not understand, stop being a shitposting fag

Anthony Sanchez
Anthony Sanchez

Looks like the midway point between Donte and Dante.

Cooper Edwards
Cooper Edwards

You know every race looks different right

Brandon Cox
Brandon Cox

Best dub

Robert Gray
Robert Gray

Why are American dubs so much better than Japanese? They actually manage to discuss important societal topics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrINOumUccA

Lucas Fisher
Lucas Fisher

what the fuck

Jonathan Bailey
Jonathan Bailey

shitty meme anime gets shitty meme dub
I don't see the problem here

Dominic Ramirez
Dominic Ramirez

what's the problem here

Landon Johnson
Landon Johnson

A2 smiling
creepy af

Henry Sanders
Henry Sanders

Why is Funimation so all over the place? They run the whole gamut from pretty fucking good to absolutely awful.

Blake Reyes
Blake Reyes

gamergaters are mad because of feminism

Ayden King
Ayden King

All there budget goes into the mainstream stuff like Dragon Ball,AoT,My Hero academia etc....

Joshua Watson
Joshua Watson

Fuck off. Ray Chase's is so garbage and cringe worth with his cigarette infected voice. You fags complaint any fuck who does a mediocre job.

*Swallow's Spit loudly*
'What's going on?!'
*Gurgles loudly*
'Prompto, tell me what's going on!!'
'Pants, gurgles, and slurps loudly'
'UHHH GUYS?!?'

Lucas Young
Lucas Young

Actual autism
I see

Jace Miller
Jace Miller

Some script writers are better than others. You have masterpiece dubs like Yu Yu Hakusho being written and translated by people that care. Whereas with Super you have Sabat fancying himself a writer and flandering the script to an already shitty show. But it gets worse, and Kobayashi is evidence of it.

Jacob Russell
Jacob Russell

Not even just writing, but acting too. You have top-tier stuff like Space Dandy and Blood Blockade Battlefront, but then the same actors can turn around and deliver an awful performance in flavor of the month simuldub.

Anthony Carter
Anthony Carter

Voice direction is arguably more important than the voice actor themselves sometimes.

Nolan Thomas
Nolan Thomas

They said American. It's not difficult to deduce there's no pure blood in question.

Mason Fisher
Mason Fisher

Both are canon, one of the weapons talks about father in Automata.

Camden Wright
Camden Wright

I'm not gay but I want Jamieson Price's voice inside me

Zachary Jenkins
Zachary Jenkins

Unironically all of them

Especially games with prominent female characters. Have fun having your neighbours, roomates, etc think you're blasting hentai because every jap va voicing a female has to shriek and scream in the most grating way imaginable

Andrew Powell
Andrew Powell

he thinks "desu desu KKKYYYYYYYAAAAA!!!!" female Nip voice 'acting' is good
I don't understand how anyone can stand the screeching.

Nathan Hughes
Nathan Hughes

MC: JP > EN
Yukari: JP > EN
Junpei: JP = EN
Mitsuru: JP = EN
Akihito: JP = EN
Fuuka: JP > Lee EN > Original EN
Aegis: JP > EN
Ken: JP > EN
Shinji: JP > EN
Elizabeth: JP = EN
Theodore: JP > EN
Ikutsuki: JP > EN
Metis: JP > EN

Narukami: JP > EN
Yosuke: JP = EN
Chie: JP > Fitzgerald EN > Rooney EN
Yukiko: JP > EN
Teddie: JP < Riegel EN < Wittenberg EN
Kanji: JP = Baker EN = Mercer EN
Rise: Burch EN <<<<< JP < Bailey EN
Naoto: JP > Vanilla EN = Spinoff EN
Nanako: JP > EN
Dojima: JP = EN
Marie: JP > EN
Adachi: JP > Game EN >>> Anime EN
Margaret: JP > EN

Joker: JP > EN
Ryuuji: JP > EN (mostly due to the script)
Ann: JP = EN
Morgana: JP > EN
Yuuske: JP = EN
Makoto: JP = EN
Futaba: JP = EN
Haru: JP > EN
Akechi: JP > EN
Sojiro: JP = EN
Sae: JP = EN
Mishima: Who cares?
Kawakami: JP > EN (because I can't stop hearing "Ace Defective")
Kamoshida: JP < EN
Madarame: JP = EN
Kaneshiro: JP > EN
Okumura: JP = EN
Prime Minister Aznable: JP = EN
Twins/Lavenza: JP > EN
notIgor: JP = EN

Hunter Jackson
Hunter Jackson

10/10

Luis Powell
Luis Powell

I would prefer being a minority to Blacks, Mexicans, and Asians over having to live near any number of Arabs or "Asians" (more Muslims).

Cooper Kelly
Cooper Kelly

t. brainlet

Colton Bailey
Colton Bailey

Fran's sweet chocolate ass
her VA is actually smoking hot

Jose Evans
Jose Evans

Fuuka: Lee EN > Original EN
I disagree, Wendee Lee is a horrible match for Fuuka, she takes away any softness in her voice and makes her way too peppy

Carter Gomez
Carter Gomez

Of course you would you nigger spic

Jacob Hernandez
Jacob Hernandez

Xenoblade 1 dub is elder god tier

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

Every-time the Judges are on screen
cumming.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U1fyLwyzY0

Wyatt Bennett
Wyatt Bennett

"u guyz r da bes"
popculture references
obnoxious british
Just no.

Eli Hernandez
Eli Hernandez

Check out Margaret's VA.

Elijah Powell
Elijah Powell

Ardyn alone makes it worth it.

Eli Williams
Eli Williams

Oh and heres The Doll/Maiden in Black.

Caleb Hughes
Caleb Hughes

then you should've posted the PS2 version dumbass!

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page