Josiah Williams
Josiah Williams

Hat in Time

Kevin Hernandez
Kevin Hernandez

A 2D game

Jonathan Bell
Jonathan Bell

It’s not mandatory, you don’t need the motion controls at all but they work like a charm.

John Nelson
John Nelson

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood
Chapter 2: Dwarf Fortress

Jose Russell
Jose Russell

Any music game

Jaxson Parker
Jaxson Parker

Someone hasn’t played this game

No pedos allowed

Eli Jenkins
Eli Jenkins

Lolno. Feels floaty, like you are playing as a balloon. Also shit teir voice acting.

Nathaniel Richardson
Nathaniel Richardson

Pong

Jaxson Adams
Jaxson Adams

It's mandatory for 100% completion.

Brandon Hernandez
Brandon Hernandez

This but unironically.

I play my switch in handheld mode and it immediately makes the game worse when I realize that half the controls are annoying and cumbersome to use.

Jaxson Hill
Jaxson Hill

What did he mean by this?

Jonathan Moore
Jonathan Moore

thiiis

Dylan Morales
Dylan Morales

You’re just a dumbfuck ain’t cha

Isaac Garcia
Isaac Garcia

No, it literally isn't.

Ethan Lewis
Ethan Lewis

Actually rather clever and true. Some pong consoles had some crazy awesome analogue controls.

Anthony Cox
Anthony Cox

dive is ZL/ZR > wait >Y
I got used to it pretty quickly but whenever I do it wrong or press Y like a milisecond before I press the trigger I get really pissed
why not just have a separate fucking dive button like Sunshine did
nobody uses A to jump

Isaiah Butler
Isaiah Butler

Actually you do need it if you want to 100% it, but only in few instances.

Landon Rodriguez
Landon Rodriguez

Quake

Adrian Torres
Adrian Torres

Mario 64, though I still love how Odyssey controls.

Joshua Moore
Joshua Moore

You never have to use waggle once in the entire game.
Also, op's image is of super mario 64

Camden Jones
Camden Jones

Haha he doesn’t know

Josiah Turner
Josiah Turner

No it's not. Its the 64 hat and clothes from odessy

Liam Hill
Liam Hill

i havent played it yet

Andrew Murphy
Andrew Murphy

Also, op's image is of super mario 64

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

user, it's a Super Mario 64 costume in Odyssey.

Leo Mitchell
Leo Mitchell

Mario 64

Tyler Anderson
Tyler Anderson

It doesn't matter that you have to use it; there are plenty of situations where you're meant to use it, and even if it was only ever used for extra attacks it's still annoying to have more limited options.

As it is, if you want to collect coins, do challenges that require wagglan like Bullet Bill, or even just conveniently hit certain enemies, you have to use a waggle motion which is annoying in handheld mode and makes you realize that they want you to play in TV mode.

Liam Richardson
Liam Richardson

Haha
It's funny because he's pretending to not know it's a webm
Hahaha so funny
Can you believe he'd make that mistake
Then he'll go APRIL FOOLS
HA
HA
HA

Put me in the screencap

Connor Martin
Connor Martin

TAS
LOL

Xavier Sanders
Xavier Sanders

SM64 obviously.

Nathan Phillips
Nathan Phillips

It is mandatory you faggots.
Frog jumping waggle is required for a few moons, as well as Static mario moons since you cant jump out without waggle. Among other examples.

Jason Gomez
Jason Gomez

Wrong

Michael Evans
Michael Evans

Nope. You can just tap the button repeatedly to simulate the waggle.

Parker Reyes
Parker Reyes

He's right though. Off the top of my head, picking up the notes for a post game moon, in that arena in Bowser's level. You need to do a lot of hat spins, and it's really strict with timing so you need to do it with motion controls so you don't have to spin Mario first. You need to shake to spin with the bullet bull to reach a certain moon that's inside a block. You need to shake to spin jump as a goomba tower for at least one moon. Probably a couple instances where you have to do the super jump as the frog by shaking the controller. That's just ones I can remember.

Mason Bailey
Mason Bailey

Make circle with analog stick and press y. Wa la. Spin without waggle. Did no one read the action guide?

Nathan Phillips
Nathan Phillips

I liked the voice acting

Ryder Hill
Ryder Hill

pranked :’^)

Dylan Jones
Dylan Jones

quake

Leo Robinson
Leo Robinson

64 and Sunshine. Mario moves like sloppy shit in Odyssey.

Alexander Reed
Alexander Reed

half-life

Hunter Allen
Hunter Allen

He's actually not wrong. There are certain moons that Mario can only get with motion controls. There's a point in the SeaSide Kingdom where mario needs to use a cheep cheep's attack and the only way to use that is to shake the controller.

Nathaniel Lopez
Nathaniel Lopez

You can jump out with the triggers retard

Benjamin Hughes
Benjamin Hughes

Damn..... Nintendo made us do one..... single.... waggle..... They can't get away with this......!

Evan Lee
Evan Lee

Alright user, you're right, I actually don't find having half the controls in Mario Odyssey be frustrating to use in handheld mode really annoying.

Jordan Hernandez
Jordan Hernandez

Quake
Half-Life
Classic Doom
Super Metroid at high skill level
Mega Man X1, X2, X3, X6
Good fighting games if you're not a brainlet
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Devil May Cry 3

Adrian Smith
Adrian Smith

it's not mandatory for a 100
it actually is
WOW SO HARD
He's still right. It isn't even the only one. You would know this if you actually 100% the game.

John Perez
John Perez

You need to shake to spin jump
nope

Adam Smith
Adam Smith

What moon are you referring to? I beat the game 100% and don't remember ever waggling with the cheep cheep.

Carson Perry
Carson Perry

whats so good about them? You press A to jump just like any other game.

Kayden Gutierrez
Kayden Gutierrez

You press A to jump just like any other game.
It takes talent to be this stupid.

Ian Torres
Ian Torres

need to shake bullet bill
No

Lincoln Walker
Lincoln Walker

He’s pretending he 110% it

Jeremiah Martin
Jeremiah Martin

Bloodu Borno

Jordan Nguyen
Jordan Nguyen

Not him but the only thing I can recall is a wall patched over with 4 bricks. Don't think you can break them without cheep cheep tailswipe.

Dylan Flores
Dylan Flores

Still not found a better game with more responsive control than this. Specifically on the Gamecube. Link's broken throw not withstanding.

Cooper Baker
Cooper Baker

Did you not read what I said? I said the timing is really strict so you don't have enough time to spin Mario each time you want to throw a spinning hat, you have to shake to throw a spinning hat immediately.

Jaxon Rodriguez
Jaxon Rodriguez

Joseph Anderson pls

Aiden Ross
Aiden Ross

There is a single moon that needs to use motion controls. It's the one on the pillar in Toastarena. I have yet to see anyone do it without making bullet go faster via motion controls.

Caleb Davis
Caleb Davis

There's a postgame one that absolutely requires you to waggle to reach it in time. Even that's not enough, you need to lure it decently close beforehand.

Jason Taylor
Jason Taylor

I hope SoulCalibur VI is on Switch and we get console exclusive characters again.

Liam Jenkins
Liam Jenkins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR6MKEPe6s0

Show me how you can do this without spinning the bullet bill.

Chase Thomas
Chase Thomas

What Nu-mario fans mean by "good controls", is that they don't have to be precise on the controls since every move has a massive window that allows them to transition into the next move. And their directional inputs are compensated by the game assisting them by tracking Mario toward points of interest. Leaving no need for skill or proficiency, since the controls are "comfy".

In other words good controls = casualed.

Blake James
Blake James

It means you're technically wrong, you little shits.

Julian Jenkins
Julian Jenkins

reee all motion controls are bad no matter what unquestionably

Hudson Cook
Hudson Cook

You never have to use waggle for 100% except for the pillar in the post game in the sand kingdom.

t. Someone who finished 100%, only using waggle for the darker side skip and pillar.

Nolan Martinez
Nolan Martinez

You don't ever need to shake as a Goomba Tower
You never need the higher frog jump
You can attack as the Cheep Cheep by rotating the stick

Hunter Ward
Hunter Ward

You dont need to spin to reach it dude.

Xavier Wood
Xavier Wood

But you need to be extremely precise with Cappy. I still cannot pull off some of the advanced combos in koopa races because I spend half my time missing the timing for the wall jump into cap throw into ledge hop.

Dylan Richardson
Dylan Richardson

There's no such thing as varying level of "good" in terms of controls. When you make an input on the controller, the character either responds or doesn't.
It's as simple as that.

Colton Miller
Colton Miller

nostalgiafags and anti-nintendofags can only find flaws if they poke and prod at technicalities

Liam Wright
Liam Wright

odyssey has literally everything in this game and more
its a direct upgrade
youre stupid

Isaiah Evans
Isaiah Evans

How do you get the moon on top of the hat building in cap kingdom without the shaking jump? I tried for like 5 minutes before even reading the text that told me shaking made me jump higher.

Gavin Robinson
Gavin Robinson

this entire fucking post
I don't know what's real anymore

Aiden Perry
Aiden Perry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPsfwJ7ZQw

Nolan Murphy
Nolan Murphy

Git gud

Chase Perez
Chase Perez

Fuck, I'd never think of that. Nice.

Ethan Perry
Ethan Perry

I actually completely forgot about the frogs in Cap Kingdom so I actually got it with one of the paragoombas. No waggle required.

Sebastian Brown
Sebastian Brown

That had some pretty good control IMO.

Also on topic Sunshine has the best controls of any Mario game, it's also the best, coincidence it's also on the last good system Nintendo released.

Hudson Baker
Hudson Baker

Use the Paragoomba

Nicholas Parker
Nicholas Parker

Flawless victory

Matthew Reed
Matthew Reed

stop using literally. just stop. you sound fucking retarded

Josiah Sanders
Josiah Sanders

I love the idea behinds Odysseys mechanics, and 90% of the time they work wonderfully. But you can actually be too quick for the game. Once you get good enough at it you hit a skill ceiling in terms of input speed and its very frustrating. This same kind of ceiling doesn't happen in SM64 because the game doesn't take the controls away from you to play out an animation.

Here's how you make Odyssey control better:
Use the wall jump from 64
It's just a reflection of the players velocity off the walls normal vector. It is extremely easy to program.
Remove as much input delay as possible, especially input delay that is intentionally in place
You lose nothing by allowing fast input. Slow players will not know the difference and fast players will be happy with the increased skill ceiling. No one loses. If you want examples of this delay, try throwing the hand and then ground pounding. Or try rolling and then doing anything else at all. There's a large amount of time where your inputs are ignored.
Fix the fucking spin jump
There is no need for an explanation here. Spin jump in Sunshine and then spin jump in Odyssey. The former is the most useful mechanic in it's game while the latter is useless.
Make the base ground movement similar to SM64 / Sunshine and not Galaxy
The base ground movement is not as snappy as SM64 and feels similar to Galaxy. It's not that big of a deal though because you spend most of the time in the air.

Daniel Lewis
Daniel Lewis

B-BUT WAGGLE IS REQUIRED!!!
retards absolutely BTFO

Jackson Ramirez
Jackson Ramirez

That's awesome. This is what's so great about this game.

Jeremiah Reyes
Jeremiah Reyes

You can attack as the Cheep Cheep by rotating the stick

Can confirm
Just fly to Lake Kingdom and check
You can also do a pretty useless little boost by hitting both buttons

Brandon Wright
Brandon Wright

64 didn't have a walljump retard

Chase Turner
Chase Turner

Imagine being this delusional.

Liam Mitchell
Liam Mitchell

Practically any fighting game.

Blake Cox
Blake Cox

TAS or not, to this day I'm still impressed how much freedom Mario 64 gave to the player. Even if the webm shows a bit of the glitchy part of it.

Christian Miller
Christian Miller

And they can't even do that right

Xavier Foster
Xavier Foster

You can also do a pretty useless little boost by hitting both buttons
I just tried that and nearly died. It doesn't hurt anything or seem to make you go faster. The regular attack works though.

Michael Sanders
Michael Sanders

64 didn't have a walljump retard
being this fucking stupid

Easton Lee
Easton Lee

I love that the spin animation exists.

Jonathan Hughes
Jonathan Hughes

Welp, this confirms that not a single moon needs motion controls.

Elijah Clark
Elijah Clark

He's going to argue that Mario 64 called them Wall Kicks. Just watch.

Jace Lee
Jace Lee

Bad controls are generally when a character has too many startup frames of their animation or too many ending frames. The whole game has to be like Prince of Persia where it was made around this design, otherwise the game plays like complete shit. Shaq Fu's number one issue is bad controls, the animation is actually fantastic for a 16 bit game.

Samuel Wright
Samuel Wright

t. Joseph Anderson

Jacob Allen
Jacob Allen

Wall jumps and wall kicks are the same

Joshua Jackson
Joshua Jackson

oh no

James Wood
James Wood

SMB64 didn't have a wall ju--
https://www.mariowiki.com/Wall_Jump
Shut UP faggot.

Leo Hall
Leo Hall

N-nani?!

Jace Kelly
Jace Kelly

Odyssey gas way more freedom of movement, though, not to mention bigger levels to use it in.

Now that Odyssey is out, 64 is good in the same way OOT is good: it set a standard for the genre, but is outdated today.

Jackson Howard
Jackson Howard

HE CAPTURED MY FAVORITE TRICK

Hudson Ross
Hudson Ross

samefag

Lucas Lopez
Lucas Lopez

Is this a JoJo reference?

Evan Myers
Evan Myers

I doubt we'll get console exclusives ever again.
If I recall correctly the balance for the characters were all over the place based on what version you got. Link's throw was just fucking broken. Hyabusa was fucking weird, and I never even met anyone who bought the Xbox version of the game. And I guess I'll include yoda and darth vader. but I never even bothered with that weirdness.
That and I just can't stand playing SC anymore without it having the setup of the GC controller. It just feels fucking wrong, the layout just felt perfectly setup to pull off the completely insane button combinations that were required for some of the bullshit moves in the game. Ivy's comes to fucking mind immediately.

Sadly, the only thing that comes close is maaaybe the Playstation's design, if only they don't try to sell that stupid finger fucking device in the center completely away from the actual game. Even then the grip of the controller towards the index appendages just bother's me.
It also suffered from just having even weirder feeling move sets within the game being on playstation.
The GC's controller was so damn good for fighting games they even "adapted" it for Smash brothers. I just want them to stop with all the bullshit and use it for everything instead of the garbage it's been for years now. It's either too damn large to be comfortable with the hand, it immediately reminds me of playing with a fucking Lynx, which is was terrible then and terrible now.or feels like I'm swinging a pocket rocket around.

Christian Ramirez
Christian Ramirez

Git gud and learn how to time jumps. Bad taste in voice acting my dude.

Carson Edwards
Carson Edwards

Regular frog jump, exit frog, dive into moon.

Blake Ross
Blake Ross

Odyssey gas way more freedom of movement
It's actually about the same. The only difference is that the freedom in Odyssey is piss easy and anyone can do it. It doesn't scale with your ability like in 64 and isn't rewarding.

Christian Rogers
Christian Rogers

Odyssey is my GOTY and I don't give a shit about the motion controls, people who spread false information piss me off.

Aiden Bailey
Aiden Bailey

There's a point in the SeaSide Kingdom where mario needs to use a cheep cheep's attack and the only way to use that is to shake the controller.

how fucking retarded are you kids? did you not know you could use the control stick to attack as a cheep cheep? don't tell me this is some fuckin retarded b8

Gavin Stewart
Gavin Stewart

Well, good thing is that if it comes to Switch, the console is compatible with the Gamecube controller adapter.

Kayden Gray
Kayden Gray

Absolutely blown the fuck out. Don't even bother replying man.

Leo Kelly
Leo Kelly

Thanks, you showed me just what I asked for.

Dylan Perez
Dylan Perez

The timing is really strict if you're a fucking idiot. I played the entire game and 100% it with that third party pro controller that has no motion controls at all. That spinning hat trick on the analog stick was completely doable in a reasonable amount of time.

You're just bad.

James Anderson
James Anderson

Anyone can do it
We (/v/) watched some Spaniard stream for 30 some hours without figuring out how to do it.

Justin Russell
Justin Russell

HOW DOES HE ALWAYS KNOW?

Jeremiah Lee
Jeremiah Lee

You know, most of the "skill" stuff in 64 is just memorizing where the polygons overlap due to it being an early 3D game and taking advantage of that.

Angel Morris
Angel Morris

Well shit, I actually might buy a switch then. I've completely been avoiding console games specifically because I can't stand using the current controllers that are out now.

What games besides SSB are actually compatible with the GC setup?

Alexander Watson
Alexander Watson

There is under one minute between posts.

Jayden Parker
Jayden Parker

so when you wear the super mario 64 costume the rest of the game also turns into n64 era graphics or what's going on here?

Kevin Moore
Kevin Moore

Oddysey's exists by design. 64's exists by tas.

Adam Powell
Adam Powell

Wow, I'm a fucking brainlet.

Justin Phillips
Justin Phillips

anyone can do it
That's why people who leaked the game sucked shit and so many people ITT insisted waggle was mandatory, right?

Ryder Gomez
Ryder Gomez

So you watched a child and/or a retard. That doesn't really say much.
memorizing where the polygons overlap
What in the fuck are you blathering on about?

Jack Martin
Jack Martin

This is exactly how I did it. These fucking retards need to learn how to play the game before they talk shit lmao

Chase Ramirez
Chase Ramirez

Mario Kart 8 and Zelda as far as I know. Odyssey might be, but I haven't tested it yet.

Gabriel King
Gabriel King

tas
Hey look, it's a retard.

Landon Hill
Landon Hill

What about the underwater moon in SeaSide where mario has to kill all the kelp in a certain time frame? The fish attack is mandatory and requires motion controls.

Dylan Thompson
Dylan Thompson

Anyone can do it
This guy can't
T-that doesn't count!!

Logan Perez
Logan Perez

Mushroom kingdom is almost a 1:1 recreation of the M64 castle area. Even the moons are stars

Juan Foster
Juan Foster

The fish attack is mandatory and requires motion controls
Go capture a fish and spin the control stick.

I'll wait.

Justin Allen
Justin Allen

But user it is literal

Adrian Richardson
Adrian Richardson

By anyone I mean anyone with basic functioning motor skills. I don't mean people with neurological disorders.

Wyatt Lopez
Wyatt Lopez

this is Sup Forums, stop announcing your presence

Luis Sullivan
Luis Sullivan

Why are you trying to kill them as the cheep cheep?

Nathaniel Collins
Nathaniel Collins

Dope, hopefully if and when the next SC comes out it's included in that and I shall happily smack fellow /v/irgins online again.

Blake Flores
Blake Flores

no u
Haha, you got me!

Jackson Rodriguez
Jackson Rodriguez

Spin the control stick dumbass

Alexander Williams
Alexander Williams

Rotate the control stick to attack
You can also get out of it and throw your hat

Asher White
Asher White

Because it's faster and more easily spammable.

Jace Howard
Jace Howard

Wait are people here so brainlet that they actually thought the motion control were necessary?

Asher Fisher
Asher Fisher

odysseyfag who shills for the easiest mario game ever made calling anyone a brainlet

Justin Evans
Justin Evans

All you said was "retard", the fuck do I reply but "no u"?

Owen Turner
Owen Turner

Just throw your hat. That's what I did.
It's called shitposting.

Chase Jackson
Chase Jackson

I bet five bucks there's someone ITT who didn't know you could extend higher as this thing without waggling.

Leo Perry
Leo Perry

You called something a TAS that literally isn't a TAS. That makes you fucking stupid.

Liam Flores
Liam Flores

they work like a charm
What? No they don't. The motion controls are fucking terrible and don't do what you want them to do half the time. The only thing that is consistent the things that only require you to shake the joycons like climbing or rolling. (and these are pretty much mandatory by the way, there moons you can't get without wagglan)

Why are nintendies a bunch of fucking liars? I skipped 1 gen and the whole fanbase somehow dropped all the way to rock bottom. How did this happen?

Jason Wilson
Jason Wilson

BTFO

David Price
David Price

I didn't call it a tas.
Anything more complicated than that webm "I did a few walljumps then jumped" is a tas, though. Odyssey has more options, and benefits for it.

Parker Johnson
Parker Johnson

I'm merely going to point out that this is true for a number of games, but still people will defend the original every-fucking-time.

Majora's Mask immediately comes to mind. It's literally better in every way, but people still like Ocarina over it. Which is fine, opinions and everything; but it's literally the same game, just better made.

Elijah Murphy
Elijah Murphy

There moons you can't get without wagglan
No there aren't.

Adam Thomas
Adam Thomas

You do not need to waggle user. Just get good.

Jonathan Stewart
Jonathan Stewart

there moons you can't get without wagglan
The literal entire thread is calling you wrong, m8.

Christian Davis
Christian Davis

and these are pretty much mandatory by the way, there moons you can't get without wagglan
It's kind of sad that this has literally been proven wrong multiple times yet you choose to remain ignorant

Benjamin Williams
Benjamin Williams

Brainlets BTFO

Juan Davis
Juan Davis

I just couldn't do the pillar one. Took me awhile to get it.

Carter Sullivan
Carter Sullivan

Anything more complicated than that webm "I did a few walljumps then jumped" is a tas, though.
Imagine being this delusional.

Angel Torres
Angel Torres

yfw waggling is the easy way to get those moons

Owen Perez
Owen Perez

Yes there are, you fucking faggot. You can't win some races without using the wagglan to speed up rolls. There is a moon you can't get in cap town without doing the wagglan jump with the frog. There are plenty of moons that require wagglan.

Daniel Gomez
Daniel Gomez

You can't win some races
Wow. You really are shit. Git gud.
Moon you can't get in cap town
SEE

John Allen
John Allen

Joseph best Jojo

Brayden Flores
Brayden Flores

Even veteran 3D Mario players play like shit. Only people who really love the games bother to learn how to do flashy shit.

Eli Rodriguez
Eli Rodriguez

You can't win some races without using the wagglan to speed up rolls
You literally don't need to roll to win any races. You can get the moon with the Paragoombas. Stop being a stupid nigger.

Aiden Ortiz
Aiden Ortiz

N64 controller
better than anything

Alexander Rodriguez
Alexander Rodriguez

walljump
longjump and ground pound
double jump to gain height and speed,walljump, groundpound
I'm FLOORED, what a display of skill!
For real, 64 was fucking amazing. And I'm not with the other anons who call it outdated. 64 was a masterpiece that holds up today.
But how the hell is that more complicated than odyssey?

James Parker
James Parker

SEE
That's a fucking lie though. I pushed the paragoomba as high as it would go, and it was still a couple feet too short and you can't cap jump after leaving a possessed enemy so you're fucked. There are people in this thread just flat out making shit up.

Grayson Butler
Grayson Butler

What? Yes you can. I bet you think the desert race can't be won unless you ride the Jaxi too. The power line is faster.

Alexander Ortiz
Alexander Ortiz

I couldn't do it so everyone has to be lying
lmao

Jason Russell
Jason Russell

It's really incredible how little you understand what's going on in any of these webms.

Jonathan Harris
Jonathan Harris

Mario 64
Hard

Kevin Sanders
Kevin Sanders

Sorry for not understanding, then! Please, do explain.

James Reed
James Reed

Prove that it can be done faggot. I got the paragoomba to the highest point on the map I could and still came up short. It is not possible.

Aaron Lee
Aaron Lee

being able to mindlessly press more buttons in a row means the game has more depth and nuance.
jesus christ lol

Nathaniel Sanchez
Nathaniel Sanchez

CS 1.6

Ayden Ramirez
Ayden Ramirez

more depth and nuance.
Please, if I'm wrong, tell me. Or just post "faggot" and stop posting :^)

Owen Cooper
Owen Cooper

half the levels in mario 64 are complete trash level design wise and the star placement is mindless.

Anthony Peterson
Anthony Peterson

Bing bing wahoocares...

Asher Bennett
Asher Bennett

Forgot to save all the koopa races
Fug.

Isaac Parker
Isaac Parker

There is a moon you can't get in cap town without doing the wagglan jump with the frog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdxUUGeON4

Isaiah Bell
Isaiah Bell

Titanfall 2

Adam Adams
Adam Adams

Any Source engine game. I don't know how but they always feel so damn solid.

Camden Young
Camden Young

Well shit, I'll be damned.

Liam Baker
Liam Baker

When people say "responsive controls", they mean that there's no delay between pressing the button and the action being performed. Some games do have a delay, and in games that rely on precise button presses, like fighting games and platformers, this can really ruin the experience.

Julian Walker
Julian Walker

kys

Jordan Robinson
Jordan Robinson

I don't understand. Why do the people who think motion controls are necessary keep getting BTFO? I thought they were right. What is going on? Are they just shit at the game?

Connor Kelly
Connor Kelly

You do know that you can just roll by holding down crouch, forward and then pressing the attack button right?

Jaxon Adams
Jaxon Adams

the controls are bad because they're intuitive

Sebastian Rivera
Sebastian Rivera

direct upgrade
can jump 3 times in mid air
gimmicky shit with hats and possession

Evan Ramirez
Evan Ramirez

I can't believe we've gotten to the point where some people are claiming tight controls are casual

qwop confirmed to be the best game ever because of the immense skill required

this thread is killing my brain cells

Christopher Phillips
Christopher Phillips

Every 2D Mario game, since they aren't as bogged down with extraneous bullshit like the 3D games.

Joshua Ramirez
Joshua Ramirez

You can roll by wagglan?

Dominic Bennett
Dominic Bennett

OoT is still the best game in the series.

Luke Martinez
Luke Martinez

And? It requires a decent amount of skill to pull off and isn't available without a large amount of area.
Unless you're claiming more options are bad. In that case, go back to donkey kong.

Owen Cook
Owen Cook

You misspelled Legend of Zelda.

Tyler Turner
Tyler Turner

I said best not worst.

Joseph Ross
Joseph Ross

Jesus christ, this looks like an early last-gen game.

Joseph Edwards
Joseph Edwards

No OoT is maybe...6th best in the series. That's only if you don't separate Oracle of Seaons and Ages.

It's only better than Twilight princess and Adventures of Link and that's not saying much.

Elijah Jones
Elijah Jones

So really all this thread reaffirms is that most of the shitposting against Odyssey is being done by people that don't even watch youtube videos of the game, let alone play it.

Jason Collins
Jason Collins

mfw this thread
Mario's freedom of movement in the game has been expanded and polished so much that basically anything can be done just by abusing his abilities
this is such a perfect example of the game

just when you think you know everything about it, there's STILL stuff you don't know about

Asher Nelson
Asher Nelson

So, any other moons that are "impossible" to get without motion controls?

Brandon Carter
Brandon Carter

Shitposting won't erase that 97.

Tyler Brown
Tyler Brown

Jak and Daxter

Mason Hall
Mason Hall

No you don't

I 100%d it without using motion controls for any moon, some were tricky but doable. I spent a couple of hours on a couple and for a moment thought it was impossible but it was just timing and control.

I was ready to call this game garbage if they actually required them like some articles said, so I got the game and tried. I guess they were all just terrible at videogames

Oliver Reyes
Oliver Reyes

I know you said best, which is why I corrected your wrong game.

Dylan Roberts
Dylan Roberts

How do you do that mid-air rainbow spin?

Evan Campbell
Evan Campbell

Press A as soon as the cap returns to you.

Kayden Cooper
Kayden Cooper

Adventure of Link is one of the better games in the series.

Oliver Morris
Oliver Morris

You have to press jump after bouncing on Cappy. It lets you get some extra air time for longer jumps.

Luke Allen
Luke Allen

Damn this game has good movement.

Christian Russell
Christian Russell

it looks like katamari damacy but less fun

Jeremiah Jones
Jeremiah Jones

No? You can just press a button to do anything the waggle does.

Austin Butler
Austin Butler

get what you're going for (minus the voice acting bit has nothing to do with controls) but platforming in that game feels fucking amazing, there's so much freedom. just a big happy daze of hopping and diving while mario's more technical. i guess it's down to preference

Hudson Lopez
Hudson Lopez

I did not care for it. It felt way to grindy to me. If not for the fact that the game unintentionally padded itself with the xp grind, I'd of liked it more.

Jaxson Martinez
Jaxson Martinez

The issue is that it takes little to no effort to execute. Jump Jump Dive Jump again. A, A, Y, A. And it's far too easy to figure out before you even enter the first level.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page