And yet everyone knows what the fuck is going on with this scandal except me

Jeremiah Gray
Jeremiah Gray

don't go to reddit
don't read "game journalism"
don't watch youtube
And yet everyone knows what the fuck is going on with this scandal except me. Does everyone here need to be reminded of the rules?
I have no idea what is happening with this story someone please tell me

All urls found in this thread:
http://www.strawpoll.me/14401086
http://swbstats.com/)
http://bf1stats.com/)
http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7cukkt/ea_has_removed_the_refund_button_from_their/
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/qE0EftH8xrgqMcjd5M4A6g/
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1493227209018.jpg/
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/opRQ7J5JT0YFC0ffovO9NA/
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1502377844319.jpg/
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/SfrlOnbdoGVkbW3GRm7s5A/
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396697837
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396428158/
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396744681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA
Mason Reed
Mason Reed

just google it

Andrew Robinson
Andrew Robinson

Reddit hates Battlefront II, so now Sup Forums loves it.

Drama aside, the game is fun.

John Turner
John Turner

retards preorder something made by EA
its shit
repeat

Bentley Miller
Bentley Miller

someone calculated how long it would take to unlock darth vader without doing any single player or challenges at 40 hours
people sperged out, and someone sperged hard enough to have their botnet downvote an EA reddit post 600,000 times
the bandwagon kicked off from there
then EA drastically cut the cost of unlocking heroes, so now instead of taking 4-6 hours to unlock Vader it takes 1
people are still mad for some raisin
people still refuse to focus on the actual problem with loot boxes: that they exploit a vulnerable segment of the population for free money

Jayden Collins
Jayden Collins

/v/ loves it

http://www.strawpoll.me/14401086

Interesting...

Elijah Ortiz
Elijah Ortiz

Imagine you pull up to the drive through at a restaurant and selected a burger off of the menu that said it came with mayo and lettuce and a side of fries. Also there was a deal that if you added a couple of bucks you could get some dessert thrown in as a bonus. You pull up to the window and pay your money (including the extra couple of dollars for dessert) and are handed a bag with what you would only assume is your order. You drive on down the road excited to tear into that tasty burger and fries.
When you get home you open up the bag of food and discover a note taped to a packet of sour cream explaining that they are very sorry but there was an issue with the mayo, but it should be delivered later...sometime. Your dessert also isn't in the bag... but you DID get your french fries! So you figure you'll enjoy your fries and wait for the mayo to arrive. You slowly start working your way through the fries and after what feels like maybe a little too long, the doorbell rings. You answer the door and it's an employee from the restaurant. The employee explains how sorry they are for the mix up and promises they will take care of you... then they hand you a packet of Miracle Whip, explaining that they are still working on the mayo. You say "ok," a bit dissapointed, and close the door.
You go back to the table and finish your fries. Those fries were really really good, but you're still hungry. You already paid... how do you feel? What do you do? What would you expect the restaurant to do?
Now it's been a week and you still don't have any mayo or your dessert. You have gotten a few more packets of other condiments on your doorstep while you slept, but that sweet sweet mayo has still not arrived.
Sound familiar? It should. We can make excuses for the restaurant all we want. We can say "but it's my favorite place to go!" or "the mayo will get here, just keep enjoying your fries!"... but we shouldn't have to and in my opinion we just plain shouldn't tolerate it.

Jaxson Bailey
Jaxson Bailey

This, anything else is just fluff.

Dominic Wilson
Dominic Wilson

Literally nothing wrong with Reddit or YouTube.

Nicholas Campbell
Nicholas Campbell

Reddit soyboys are upset. EA is now based.

Camden Ramirez
Camden Ramirez

They reduced the xp you get for challenges as well so it takes the same ammount of time.

Jayden Flores
Jayden Flores

for some reason
Maybe because they locked one of the main features of the game and its most popular character to force you to either grind for hours or givem the shekels.

Matthew Reed
Matthew Reed

yeah i tried and all the links are to things like kotaku and polygon, and Sup Forums says i'm not allowed to go there. I guess I'll never know.

Xavier Wood
Xavier Wood

listening to Sup Forums

Christopher Rivera
Christopher Rivera

EA was selling 90 dollar versions of Battlefront 2 that made you still f2p grind for characters. Everyone is mad, but contrarians and marketers on Sup Forums are trying to spin this. So now that reddit hates EA, we need to like EA. Basically we're on the worst possible timeline ever for Sup Forums.

Isaiah Bell
Isaiah Bell

They named one of the characters "Sithy mcsithface" and now reddit is anal pained and trying to sue them for copyright infringement. Naturally Sup Forums is going to counter that by spending all our money on lootcrates so we can kill all the redditors with our darthvaders.

Isaac Watson
Isaac Watson

People bought an EA game without realizing EA is trying to jew you out of as much money as they can. Oh, and for some reason people are alright playing yet another shooter with stripped down mechanics and in a series where the guns feel like shit in every iteration and falling for loot boxes...again.

John Gomez
John Gomez

i'm really disappointed that there isn't a single bel air reference in here

Ryan Russell
Ryan Russell

Fucking EA man

Levi Price
Levi Price

implying the people being contrarian and defending EA aren't a minority
Literally a bunch of newfags who came here in 2016 and think that's how "le epic troll 4chan" is.

Luis Flores
Luis Flores

for some raisin
Maybe because it has a blatant f2p model in a $60 game?

Evan Smith
Evan Smith

a vulnerable segment of the population
A fool and his money is soon parted, anon-kun. This has been the standard in business for centuries.

Dylan Peterson
Dylan Peterson

instead of taking 4-6 hours to unlock Vader it takes 1
What

Ryan Watson
Ryan Watson

This is the best reddit satire post I've ever read

Juan Evans
Juan Evans

But I don't like mayo OR lettuce.

Justin Murphy
Justin Murphy

Hard to believe this is a game and not real life

Easton Lopez
Easton Lopez

its a lie, it would literally take 40 hours to unlock vader alone, then another 40 hours to unlock Luke, etc. in order to frustrate people into just buying lootcrates to get redits to buy vader, which costs ~%150

Then EA backtracked saying they would lower the requirements by 75% while secretly also lowering the rewards for gameplay by 75% and not addressing the lootcrate issue at all

Ayden Allen
Ayden Allen

Sup Forums has no rules

Owen Gray
Owen Gray

that doesn't even look like Luke

Ayden Turner
Ayden Turner

I played the shit out of EA Battlefront but for some reason I can't enjoy BF2. The gameplay has not changed, maps are getting boring after playing them all a few times, no Obi Wan, no Coruscant, etc.
The previous one with it's DLCs had MUCH more content than this game now. So I kind of feel like playing a light version of BF1 with new/changed maps but still less content.

Also I don't know why but the atmosphere was better in the first one for me. Playing with headphones I really could dive into the star wars universe while now it just doesn't feel right. Also why still only 20 vs 20 matches?

Carter Powell
Carter Powell

don't do x y and z
front page still filled with what's going on.
fuck off faggot.

Christian Morris
Christian Morris

How the fuck has nobody learned yet.

Hudson Wright
Hudson Wright

Kek, shills absolutely destroyed.
Guess they can't push that "/v/ LOVES IT, REEEEEEE" narrative anymore.

Dominic Martin
Dominic Martin

No, they reduced the amount of CREDITS you get for SINGLE PLAYER

The amount you get for challenges has actually increased.

It's a lie
Nigger I have the game on PS4 and I unlocked Luke last night at 1:30 in the morning. Zero paid boxes. You get 3,000 credits just for fucking turning on the game.

Chase Wright
Chase Wright

Reddit learned that lead programmer of Battlefront II is an African American male.

Asher Butler
Asher Butler

cooldowns on earning credits like it's a mobile game
cost of heroes cut by 75%
og btw credits earned cut b y 75% lol

Wyatt Johnson
Wyatt Johnson

I was playing through Origin Access on PC, it took me about 5 hours to earn the credits to buy Vader.

I actually bought the game for PS4, to play with my friends. Since the MP challenges were given more credits (the decrease was to single player rewards only), it only took me about an hour to gather the 15,000 credits needed for luke/vader.

Henry Cox
Henry Cox

PS4
Opinion discarded.

Cameron Kelly
Cameron Kelly

cooldown on earning credits
From the single player arcade mode. There is no limit on credits from multiplayer and its associated challenges.
cost of heroes cut by 75%
yup
credits earned cut by 75%
nope, they cut the reward for completing the single player story mode by 75%. MP rewards are increased.

You're a moron.

Nathaniel Fisher
Nathaniel Fisher

You get 3,000 credits just for fucking turning on the game.
this is apparently a good thing
you're so fucking cucked, you had to pay for online access to a fully priced P2W game that has to lure you with free credits

kill yourself you pathetic oxygen bandit

Carter Gonzalez
Carter Gonzalez

fuck off EA.

Angel Bailey
Angel Bailey

No one addressing the fact that challenges, like in a fucking mobile game, are one-time-only rewards
These shills must think we're fucking stupid or something.

Easton Lopez
Easton Lopez

challenges, like in a fucking mobile game, are one-time-only rewards
omg
the FUCK are people doing buying this game
I don't even have an image that fully expresses my absolute disgust

Leo Harris
Leo Harris

The mere fact that you need to do jackshit to unlock the Heroes (which were heavily advertised with no sign that you would need to unlock them before this shit was exposed) is already shit enough.
I don't care if I have to grind credits for 40 hours or for 2 hours, the mere fact that they put this F2P-tier shit in a $60 games makes this game shit.

Anthony King
Anthony King

its a lie, it would literally take 40 hours to unlock vader alone, then another 40 hours to unlock Luke,

There were people playing the EAacess with vader unlocked and the EAaccess allowed only 10 hours of trial so that's a total lie.

Lucas Sanchez
Lucas Sanchez

They just tried to fuck us I don't know why people would still be mad haha

Anthony Peterson
Anthony Peterson

The mere fact that you need to do jackshit to unlock the Heroes (which were heavily advertised with no sign that you would need to unlock them before this shit was exposed) is already shit enough.
So you buy a Smash Bros game and you cry because you have to unlock all the characters that were heavyly advertised?

It's literally OK when Nintendo does it?

Gabriel Myers
Gabriel Myers

Maybe because you could like you know buy credits to unlock things faster which is like part of the reason people are like you know mad

Easton Smith
Easton Smith

beta requirements were different than release

Carter Lee
Carter Lee

Lootboxes don't give credits unless you get a card you already have.

Not talking about beta.

Ian Smith
Ian Smith

Why are gaming companies so fucking stupid? You just had to make literally the same game as BF2 but with upgraded graphics and a new campaign that doesn't suck balls (and even this was optional) and they would be rolling in shekels.
It was so easy that I don't even understand how they could fuck up so hard.

Levi Reyes
Levi Reyes

You forgot the crucial detail, they dropped the credits for completing the campaign from 20k to 5k. Stop being a fucking shill and omitting important details.

Dominic Brown
Dominic Brown

Wow I didn't know I had to grind for characters as if it where a mobile phone game or bypass the whole thing by paying real money in smash bros
Being this retarded

Bentley Ward
Bentley Ward

Buy Smash
Unlock characters by beating the arcade mode (AKA playing singleplayer)
Buy BF2
Unlock characters by grinding funbux like a fucking mobile game
Kill yourself.
I also don't like the DLC characters in Smash, so no, it's not okay when Nintendo does it.
Fuck off EA, your shillery is too obvious.

Dylan Davis
Dylan Davis

Lootboxes don't give credits unless you get a card you already have.
which is why whales just buy and buy and buy until they get everything

Brandon Robinson
Brandon Robinson

When did I even bring up Nintendo, you fucking retard?
"b-but Nintendo does it too" isn't an arguement.

Juan Reed
Juan Reed

i'm a newfag

Matthew Powell
Matthew Powell

From the single player arcade mode. There is no limit on credits from multiplayer and its associated challenges.
but it's piss low, that is literally HotS model a F2P game

Julian Adams
Julian Adams

people claim this signifies an industry crash is on the way but who else has done what EA just tried to pull?

Parker Wood
Parker Wood

The pastebins have to come from someone, user.

Ian Thomas
Ian Thomas

Are you including the credits you get for completing single player?

Nathan Perry
Nathan Perry

people arguing about the number of credits

the game has cancer, does it really matter how far its spread?

Ian Garcia
Ian Garcia

Right, and you're not even retarded.

Benjamin Morris
Benjamin Morris

unlocking stuff in multiplayer games is now F2P shit
I want to get off the nu-/v/ roller coaster

Grayson Davis
Grayson Davis

You shills are so obvious. How much EA paying you? Or actually, how much is EA about to dock off from your pay?

Austin Mitchell
Austin Mitchell

nu-/v/
Fuck off shill.

Justin Torres
Justin Torres

Activision
Monolith/Warner with Shadow of War

Nathaniel Miller
Nathaniel Miller

Good for them. They still won't stand a chance against people with skill that crafted good weapons that can only be adquired by arechievements, rank and crafting.

Joseph Sanders
Joseph Sanders

Yeah I don't get why people are so mad it literally took me FIVE minutes to unlock Jaba the hut! People just like to be mad I swear!

Charles James
Charles James

giving a flying fuck about the campaign in a multiplayer game
why are you here

it's piss low
It's so high that you can literally get half the credit unlocks in 45 minutes

Gabriel Adams
Gabriel Adams

I didn't touch the single player because I'm not the kind of dipshit that plays the single player campaign in a multiplayer franchise

I got the 15k through nothing but MP challenges. It was really really fucking easy.

for fuck's sake, do you think I want to be defending EA? They destroyed so many of my favorite studios and franchises. They're fucking monsters.

But if you're going to bitch about them DON'T BE WRONG

Nicholas Lopez
Nicholas Lopez

haha guys I'm acting like anything reddit ssays I do opposite haha get it guys xD

Camden Stewart
Camden Stewart

Big difference between earning them all through specificly designed challenges in an afternoon and playing the lottery for 40(+/-40 ) hours for each one.

Ryan Rogers
Ryan Rogers

They still won't stand a chance against people with skill
Skill
in a console FPS

also, I hope all those tryhards feel a real sense of pride and accomplishment knowing that credits are awarded based on time spent in-game instead of "skill" so I'll just leave this nice afk script here so anyone can use it

John Hernandez
John Hernandez

It's not "stuff", if I had to grind to unlock some special weapon nobody would care.
The Heroes were heavily advertised, they are one of the main features of the game and something the fans from the previous games enjoyed a lot and EA never even suggested that you would need to do shit to get them besides having a high score in a match. If the people playing the early acess didn't bring it up EA would have kept silent till enough retards had bought their game and they already had their money.

Logan Rodriguez
Logan Rodriguez

Instead they released the exact same game with 2 new maps and with a bunch of microtransactions shoehorned in to rake in the dosh.

Ryan Williams
Ryan Williams

A fool and his money is soon parted, anon-kun. This has been the standard in business for centuries.
exploiting people with an innate disposition for gambling addiction is okay because its been done for a long time

Noah Clark
Noah Clark

Buys EA game. DLC is free, have to grind to get dark Vader or pay money. Gamers cry and whine because they have to pay extra or pay more to live out their autism power fantasy.

I fucking hated the hero characters in BF2 on the PS2. It was never fun.

Lincoln Stewart
Lincoln Stewart

How much does a single match give?

Colton Jenkins
Colton Jenkins

Like 235 credits.

David Rogers
David Rogers

I got the 15k through nothing but MP challenges.
You mean those one-time-use challenges that you can't repeat and require exponentially more grinding as you play, just like a fucking mobile game?
Tell me more.

Tyler Sullivan
Tyler Sullivan

Thread should have ended here.

Zachary Cruz
Zachary Cruz

Depends on if you're completing challenges (and it's almost impossible not to, challenges are shit like "get five kills," "play for ten minutes," "play as a rocket trooper once/five times/ten times").

Without challenges you can expect 250-400 credits a round in each mode, and challenges give 500 or 750 credits a pop. You also get a chunk of credits as a daily login bonus IIRC.

Carson White
Carson White

defending microtransactions
Ask me how I know you’re from reddit.

Colton Allen
Colton Allen

user, the problem with arguing purely on ideology is that details matter.

In fact details are all that matter.

William Gomez
William Gomez

How much does it cost to unlock Vader?

Connor Watson
Connor Watson

The point is that they decreased the credits for completing the campaign after the backlash when they decreased the amount for heroes.

Not only that you gain credits statically and are not rewarded for doing well. They effectively changed nothing.

Also this game looks like absolute shit, I wouldn't buy it even if it didn't have loot boxes. If you bought it you are a retard because you are basically supporting this awful trend.

Kill yourself.

Jeremiah Torres
Jeremiah Torres

I feel weird for not having a strong opinion on this. I guess it's because I don't know how the system works very well. I mean you shouldn't force f2p MMO tier grinding in this game and actually expect people to be okay with that. Though I understand that everyone wants their game to be a service now. Whatever. Maybe I'm just stupid. Or maybe it's because most of the shit I play isn't really like this. Games I play have dlc and progression through play but I can't think of too much nickel and dime.

What games do you guys play besides this one that have this big issue?

Henry Parker
Henry Parker

I don't understand the intent of this program. To not get automatically disconnected from the server for being afk? This is literally professor chaos trying to destroy the world by spraying hairspray into the air tier.

Michael Bennett
Michael Bennett

how to pretend you are saying something meaningful when you aren't really saying anything: the post

Justin Reed
Justin Reed

15k now

750 credits for a challnge? i expected higher, how many challenges do you get at once?

Hudson Hall
Hudson Hall

reddit
defending microtransactions
after downvoting EA 670,000 times

Anthony Flores
Anthony Flores

You're right, details matter, so how do you feel about the game implementing challenges that are one-time-use to convince retards like you that the grind isn't too bad before increasing the grind for said challenges?
I mean, you're falling for it hook line and sinker, so either you're fucking stupid or you're a shill.
Which is it?

Ian Brown
Ian Brown

AS Does the detail that your credits/hour are going to drop through the fuckin flo when your challenges run out but that wasn’t in the post.

Adam Turner
Adam Turner

it's to give you a sense of pride and accomplishment

Tyler Parker
Tyler Parker

The point is that they decreased the credits for completing the campaign after the backlash when they decreased the amount for heroes.
No, that wasn't your point, but we'll ignore that.

Yes, they lowered single player rewards to avoid people being able to unlock the things that were supposed to take a significant time investment in MP without any MP whatsoever. This was a no-brainer change to make.

you gain credits statistically and not for doing well
You mean the opposite: that you gain credits statically. You're also wrong. Score and challenges both contribute to credits far more than time.

game looks like shit
then why are you so upset

Dylan Cruz
Dylan Cruz

(and it's almost impossible not to, challenges are shit like "get five kills," "play for ten minutes," "play as a rocket trooper once/five times/ten times").
Before eventually becoming "get 500 kills," "play for 1000 minutes," and "play as a rocket trooper 50 times/250 times/500 times."
Do you not know how this shit works or something?
How gullible are you?

Grayson Ross
Grayson Ross

Before SWTOR came out
Game looked really bad
300 million Dollars
Galaxies shut down
no KOTOR 3
EA in full shill mode
/v/ in full smear mode
Warn people of game's flaws
stay up till 4 am making people aware of how bad the game was and how it would kill any chance of future Star Wars RPGs and MMOs
Game comes out
It's shit
game breaking bugs
Unsubscribe button dissapears
Game still does wellish
EA made exclusive devs for Star Wars

You don't know how cathartic this feels for me. I'm glad that all the normies are jumping on this shit.

James Scott
James Scott

750 credits for a challnge? i expected higher, how many challenges do you get at once?
hundreds

no idea how many daily challenges there are gonna be.

by then I'll have everything even without daily challenges

how do you feel about the game implementing challenges that are one-time-use to convince retards like you that the grind isn't too bad before increasing the grind for said challenges?
I feel like it's irrelevant because that "increased grind" is going to translate to me having all the heroes unlocked in the first week of play.

you're falling hook line and sinker
For non-monetary incentives to continue playing a multiplayer game? Oh mercy me how awful.

Adrian Powell
Adrian Powell

Bet you could find about a billion of those rats in there saying it isn’t that bad, too.

Carson Wright
Carson Wright

What games do you guys play besides this one that have this big issue?
The issue is that this loot box/microtransaction trend is getting worse and more egregious with literally each game that comes out this year.

Ian Jackson
Ian Jackson

by then I'll have everything even without daily challenges
Lmfao no you will not. The entire point of them being one-offs is to make you think the rewards are more attainable than they actually are. Same shit every fucking mobile and loot box game pulls.

Hudson Lee
Hudson Lee

it's a "/v/ has no idea what the fuck it's talking about but is frothing at the mouth anyway" episode
These are the only ones that air anymore

Jaxson Roberts
Jaxson Roberts

Your original post was asking why people are still upset about the heroe unlock price, and I answered you you fucking mouth breathing retard.

Statistically is not the opposite of statically, you sound like a shitskin if I'm being honest.

I'm not upset, I'm laughing at you for buying a game with such rabid micro transactions that basically making it a free to play gacha game. He best part is you rationalizing that heroes don't actually take that much time to unlock , but combine this with star cards and progression locked to them, the amount of credits to get better Star cards, and the price of heroes, and the decreased credit completion from campaign, you basically come off as a massively retarded shill.

Everyone can see through your bullshit. You aren't fooling anyone loser.

Justin Jones
Justin Jones

Who fucking cares how long it takes to unlock this shit? It shouldn't be locked in the first place.

Matthew Brown
Matthew Brown

I feel like it's irrelevant because that "increased grind" is going to translate to me having all the heroes unlocked in the first week of play.
No, actually, it's not.
You strike me as someone who's genuinely fucking stupid and doesn't know how this shit works.
EA's last CEO talked about this exact shit, you get the player hooked by being generous with the credits/ammo/whatever early one, then start charging when they've already invested 60 hours into the grind.
For non-monetary incentives to continue playing a multiplayer game?
The incentive should be because the game is fun you dumbfuck, and it's not like this game won't be dead in less than a year like every other EA multiplayer game, outside of maybe Battlefield (which sees drops to less than 1/4th the playerbase anyways).
You're stupid or a shill, either way, drink bleach.

Wyatt Bennett
Wyatt Bennett

no you will not
If you say so, buddy. I'm the one who actually has the game and knows how many credits I need.

You realize you can't buy heroes with loot boxes right? That this has nothing to do with them whatsoever?

Jack Smith
Jack Smith

Ok so you'll have the heroes. But too bad now you still need to grind loot boxes for unique cards to make the heroes worth playing.

Landon Fisher
Landon Fisher

I never really liked them either, except maybe for Fett -- cuz he played more like the regular characters. They really didn't make lightsabers fun in that game, but then, melee combat didn't belong in BF to begin with. That's why it wasn't in the first game.

Anyway, it absolutely should be difficult or time-consuming to earn one of the most powerful characters in the game and its universe. And it sounds like it actually isn't at all if you just do some single player stuff.

Jeremiah Russell
Jeremiah Russell

EA garbage

Who gives a shit, fuck off OP

Jeremiah Morales
Jeremiah Morales

You realize you can't buy heroes with loot boxes right? That this has nothing to do with them whatsoever?
does it matter?the fact that this game even incorporates them should be enough to spark outrage at such a shitty practice

Nathaniel Cox
Nathaniel Cox

I'm the one who actually has the game and knows how many credits I need.
We all know how much credits heroes cost m8, and we all know that challenges are one-time-only rewards, so for the ~100k-150k credits required to unlock all the heroes, you're not going to get that with even 50 completed challenges.
But, again, you're retarded, so I'm not surprised.

Chase Lee
Chase Lee

What does this game do exactly? I'm kind of like OP so I don't know. Are you only able to get stronger with random drops? It seems kind of odd to look at this situation like it's a progression of a system getting worse and not more like a handful of different publishers implementing it in more domineering ways.

Games I can think of with loot boxes off top
NBA 2K
Call of Duty
Shadow of War
Overwatch
Madden
Destiny
FIFA?

Aiden Cook
Aiden Cook

It already required you to be good enough to get the points needed to even get the chance to play as a hero.

Liam Peterson
Liam Peterson

Are you gullible enough to think that EA didn't hire an entire team of people, including literal psychologists who study addiction and gambling habits, to mathematically calculate how much reward to release to you over time to keep you playing the longest?

Nicholas Perez
Nicholas Perez

Statistically is not the opposite of statically
context is important.

If your credits raise "statistically" (retarded word choice but you did it anyway), that implies that your statistics modify the amount you get. That it's merit based.

You were asserting that it is NOT merit based, it is purely based on time. That credit game over time is...say it with me...static!

I'm not upset
If you say so, friendo. There's no reason to be upset.

rhetoric and vague assumptions are a good substitute for logistics
You'll grow up one day.

Evan Williams
Evan Williams

so for the ~100k-150k credits required to unlock all the heroes
15k+15k+10k+10k+5k+2k = 57k

Michael Gutierrez
Michael Gutierrez

MY phone autocorrected me you fucking loser, statistically does not make sense in that context at all, are you a third world we?

Also I like how you ignored the rest of the post and focused on an autocorrected word. Good to know that you got blown the fuck out you retarded shill.

Wyatt Ross
Wyatt Ross

rhetoric and vague assumptions are a good substitute for logistics
None of those are assumptions, every mobile game that implements a similar system does the exact same thing, including EA's own mobile games.
And we all know the game will be dead in a year, just look at the last game (http://swbstats.com/) and BF1 (http://bf1stats.com/)
To give you an idea, BF1 launched with over 1 million concurrent users on all platforms combined, and Battlefront launched with even more.

Ian Brooks
Ian Brooks

You're so so very close to actually being mad about the right thing (whaling practices)

but your stupidity and outrage is getting in the way.

Work on that or you'll just keep getting your attention misdirected onto pointless shit.

Evan Edwards
Evan Edwards

Your post has the consistency of my diarrhea this morning

Levi Robinson
Levi Robinson

Man the game is set up so people like you makes these fuckin posts and think it’s ok to get invested in the game. Low and behold a week later you turn over, baboozled, looking at those loot crates for some unknooown reason. You’re like the host to an alien parasite spreading its seed without knowing it.

Easton Murphy
Easton Murphy

you will never be an EA shill and shill this hard for anything in your whole shill life

Joseph Bell
Joseph Bell

Who the fuck puts mayo on a burger?

Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee

You don’t need reddit or YouTube.
Just check funnyjunk

Elijah Parker
Elijah Parker

Niggers and low iq gamblers deserve to be coddled.
Retards need welfare to reproduce.

They fucking deserve it pinko.

Aiden Foster
Aiden Foster

It actually looks kind of really fucking bad.

His clothes look like stretched in windows paint black denim, his hair is just blergh.

His face is Super Star Wars Luke tier.

Xavier Watson
Xavier Watson

I'm not assuming anything
other games do this so it must apply in the exact way I'm imagining for this game
that's not an assumption rite
oh boi i m laffin

the game will be dead in a year
you say that like I give a shit

Lincoln Hall
Lincoln Hall

food analogy

Xavier Gray
Xavier Gray

Aside from the whole hero cost and credits grind aspect, there's also the loot box aspect which isn't being talked about as much.
The loot boxes drop these cards which you can equip which give literal game enhancing buffs that give you an advantage over other players. In the beta people saw this and got pissed, so EA responded by taking a couple of the most OP cards and making them grindable. However, there are still tons of crucial cards locked behind rare random drops from loot boxes which you can buy with real money. Also there is something called card level which you level up by getting unique cards, so you have to be lucky enough to get a full deck to be as powerful as you can be anyway.

Aiden Foster
Aiden Foster

Why shouldn't the game include rewards for playing? Isn't that sort of what games are? Do you want a Skip level button so you can play whatever level you want right off the bat, or do you just want an achievement app that gives you public accolades for downloading it?

Content that is in the game but locked behind a paywall is locked. Content that you have to unlock by playing is pretty much what you fucking play games for. The pubs have you so well-trained. EA's model is patently exploitative, but it seems like the only people pissed off by this were people who literally tried to pay for earned content before they even had the fucking game. And they're going to turn right around and buy Vader anyway, because these are precisely the faggots that EA exploits.

I don't like how they do things, therefore I don't buy their shit.

Joseph Price
Joseph Price

T fat fuck.

Jordan Perry
Jordan Perry

/v/ says i'm not allowed to go there

Don't avoid those places because we tell you to. Avoid them because you have good taste. If you still want to go to them, fine.

Ayden Green
Ayden Green

so EA responded by taking a couple of the most OP cards and making them grindable
Well, no, the main thing they did was lock stronger cards to overall player level and then drastically nerf others.

For example, in beta boba fett's "for the hunt" card depending on rarity would give between 12 and 100% damage reduction during the ability. Now it gives between 1 and 12%.

Isaac Sanders
Isaac Sanders

Oh they have another whole team who's mathematically figured out how to extract the most amount of money from each type of person, also. They have to work together though because if you aren't playing you aren't paying.

Elijah White
Elijah White

EA does the exact same shit for their other games
"I-IT'LL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME!"
Gamers in a nutshell really.
you say that like I give a shit
For non-monetary incentives to continue playing a multiplayer game?
You justify grind because it gives you a reason to keep playing, so how are you going to play when the game is dead (which it will be)?
Come on user, at least PRETEND that you're not just a shill.

Benjamin Powell
Benjamin Powell

People on Sup Forums defend EA now

David Wilson
David Wilson

And? That sounds reasonable. You had to accrue points in-match to play as a hero in the last game.

Christian Reed
Christian Reed

Why shouldn't the game include rewards for playing?
because REEEEEEEE TORTANIC THIS GAME IS DEAD BOYCOTT BOYCOTT TEAR IT ALL DOWN

Social media was a mistake

Kevin Cox
Kevin Cox

there's also the loot box aspect which isn't being talked about as much
this is intentional, and what EA is desperately trying to sweep under the rug while people are focused on grinding and heroes and refunds

John Ramirez
John Ramirez

Just shills user, they're not even good at hiding it.

Carson Nguyen
Carson Nguyen

implying new OP heroes won't be released every other month which you have to spend more credits on

Jacob Cooper
Jacob Cooper

Sorry, buddy, I'm a fish. You're thinking of dolphins and whales.

Maybe if you were a little less pissed off and stupid you'd be able to focus on petitioning your government for common sense regulations to protect citizens from whaling schemes.

Jaxson Mitchell
Jaxson Mitchell

Why shouldn't the game include rewards for playing?
The rewards for playing are the heroes themselves you moron, you need a certain amount of points to play as them.

Jace Edwards
Jace Edwards

Injustice 2 did this and was praised. What's different?

Joshua Powell
Joshua Powell

You justify grind because it gives you a reason to keep playing, so how are you going to play when the game is dead
So you have no sense of time?

If it takes a few hours to unlock all the heroes, why would that mean I want to be playing a year from now?

Come on, you're stupid, but that's just being willfully obtuse.

Alexander Reed
Alexander Reed

Injustice 2 did this and was praised.
No it wasn't, people shit on it because no one wants stupid RPG elements in their fighting games.

Grayson Carter
Grayson Carter

Because it's not a fucking reward, they are literally locking one of the features of the fucking game.
Like I said in the previous post, Heroes were heavily advertised and they are a popular feature of the original Battlefront games.
Now point me out to a single instance where EA even implied that heroes wouldn't be playable from the moment you got the game (having to earn points in a match to be able to use them aside). Even the beta allowed you to play as the heroes with no restrictions.
Again, EA would have happily kept this shit hidden till retards bought their games if the people playing the Early Access didn't bring it up.

Jose Price
Jose Price

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7cukkt/ea_has_removed_the_refund_button_from_their/

Wyatt Davis
Wyatt Davis

The same could be said here. Anyone that defends this shit is either a shill or likes it up the ass.

Jackson Young
Jackson Young

it was praised by the shills and there wasn't actually anybody in the real world interested in the game so the feature never got contested.

Adrian Ortiz
Adrian Ortiz

Not a shill. I'm just glad EA is fucking up star wars for all you faggots.

Fuck EA, Star Wars and Disney.

Jacob Campbell
Jacob Campbell

company is shit
company makes shit games in the past
people still buy their shit game in 2017
get mad
Kill yourselves.

Gabriel White
Gabriel White

If it takes a few hours to unlock all the heroes, why would that mean I want to be playing a year from now?
So you're one of those retards who buys a multiplayer game, plays for 2 weeks, then never touches it again?
Sounds about right, not sure why I'm wasting my time in that case, enjoy your turd user :^).

Evan Green
Evan Green

Yo, that's what I'm talking about. What did you think I was talking about?

Kayden Jackson
Kayden Jackson

Because it's not a fucking reward, they are literally locking one of the features of the fucking game.
t. gamer born in the late 2000s

See, back in the day games had these things called "unlockables" and "secrets" that served as rewards for playing the game.

Jayden Harris
Jayden Harris

implying IQ has anything to do with propensity for gambling addiction, or addiction for anything for that matter
implying I said anything about retards or welfare
you dont like (((corporations))) screwing the consumer or flat out exploiting people's behavioral traits that they have no control over whatsoever, so you must be a communist
Memesden flag lolbertarian go and stay gone

Nicholas Hill
Nicholas Hill

Fuck EA
But I'll defend them
Fuck EA, Star Wars, Disney, and everyone who buys their shit.
No you dumbfuck, you need to pay credits to actually unlock heroes so that they'll be available for you to pay points to play as them in-game.
Are you stupid?

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

you either play a game for 2 weeks or forever

Cooper Perry
Cooper Perry

people shit on it because no one wants stupid RPG elements in their fighting games.
Correct. I didn't like getting hit with bnbs that took 75 percent because some chucklefuck had stronger gear than I. At least both players could agree to turn that shit off.
The game was popular and sold well though. People use it as an example of what it means to develop a good fighting game. The real issue may be that most people just purchased it for the story mode and then dropped it.

Nicholas Ward
Nicholas Ward

EA has removed the refund button from their customer portal. Hoping people will just give up canceling
Holy fucking shit, I new EA was retarded but jesus.

Benjamin Wright
Benjamin Wright

This was on Sup Forums for months you absolute retard

Carter Bell
Carter Bell

During the course of a match you earn points, once you have enough points you can spawn as a hero. This is a game mechanic

To even get the ability to play as certain heroes you have to earn enough credits (game currencty) to unlock them

Cameron Bell
Cameron Bell

and they weren't available for purchase by whales
and they didn't require literally hundreds of hours to unlock
and they didn't have a cost/benefit analysis applied to them to determine just how frustrated you would get before purchasing a lootcrate to gamble on receiving credits as scrip to save up and purchase them

Lincoln Garcia
Lincoln Garcia

In the beta they had to test the heroes. So sorry you didn't know you'd have to train to become a Jedi. Have you even watched a Star War?

a popular feature of the original Battlefront games

Game. They were in the second game. Did you also not play any of those?

Chase Moore
Chase Moore

Shilly Willy

Liam Ramirez
Liam Ramirez

Fuck off (((Mitch)))

Noah James
Noah James

Does everyone here need to be reminded of the rules?
are you saying that being completely uninformed is a rule on Sup Forums?

Justin Scott
Justin Scott

And the "unlockables" and "secrets" were minor features like special weapons or extra characters or new skills, not a feature that literally shows up in every trailer with no indication that you would need to do anything to enjoy it.
And it's ironic that you are playing the "you are just kid used to new games" card when 2005 Battlefront 2 didn't lock its heroes.

Joseph Ramirez
Joseph Ramirez

Yeah and they were unlocked by doing things called "challenges" like "beat the game on hard mode using no continues", and not by grinding in game currency until you can unlock them.

Adrian Ross
Adrian Ross

sorry you didn't know you'd have to train to be a jedi
How much EA cock do you suck on the regular faggot? Forcing people to grind for forty fucking hours to unlock 1 hero they could play as in the original games is just retarded, the progression system as a whole is shit.

Justin Roberts
Justin Roberts

and they weren't available for purchase by whales
neither are the BF2 heroes
and they didn't require literally hundreds of hours to unlock
neither do the BF2 heroes - they would've taken tens of hours and now take just hours
and they didn't have a cost/benefit analysis applied to them to determine just how frustrated you would get before purchasing a lootcrate to gamble on receiving credits as scrip to save up and purchase them
the amount of credits you get from loot boxes is infinitesimal to the point that I'd wager you'd earn near the same amount opening purchased loot boxes and just sitting in spawn in-game.

I'm glad we worked this out: you were mistaken as to the specifics you were angry about and now that you know you were wrong we can all move on.

Maybe you can focus on actually having the courage of your convictions and call your senator about digital gambling.

Leo Barnes
Leo Barnes

In the beta they had to test the heroes
Oh, how curious that back then they didn't mention the heroes wouldn't be instantly available back then. Almost like they tried to fool you into thinking that wouldn't be the case.

Connor Hall
Connor Hall

im still salty over how ea and their dev blatantly lied to their fans. i really hope this is the beginning of the end and EA will finally implode and be forced to do honest business or just die.

Parker Jackson
Parker Jackson

special weapons or extra characters
hmmm

extra characters

HMMMMMMM

Juan Howard
Juan Howard

also there weren't cooldowns to completing challenges to hold back progression

shill

Jace Lee
Jace Lee

This isn't new. EA has removed the means to refund before. Then they wait a few days after release and go "tee hee we accidentally deleted the button". Then retards think they are "listening to feedback" and keep buying their games.

Caleb Lopez
Caleb Lopez

I don't see a problem nor do I see how this puts the lie to anything I said. You have to play two levels to get to level three.

Aiden Hughes
Aiden Hughes

So the difference is that in the old games you'd unlock extra characters by completing challenges, and in Battlefront 2 you unlock extra characters by completing challenges.

Makes perfect sense.

Noah Price
Noah Price

Don't get me wrong. Fuck EA. But if you're dumb enough to buy an EA game in 2017 you had it coming.

Adrian Gutierrez
Adrian Gutierrez

You have to play two levels to get to level three.
Or you can pay $10 to skip the first level and go straight from level 2 to level 3.

Brayden Gonzalez
Brayden Gonzalez

Yes, extra characters, not the one advertised literally everywhere, you stupid shill.
If you had to unlock some extra hero no one would complain, but locking literally every fucking hero is a shit move and only a shill would defend it.

Tyler Hill
Tyler Hill

Wait you can't even whale the heroes?
Why is this even an issue? What the fuck, who cares?
Are the credits you use to purchase the heroes also credits you use to buy the loot boxes or weapons or whatever?

Carter Moore
Carter Moore

There aren't cooldowns on completing challenges, mongoloid. There's a limit on how many credits you can earn in single player, which is an obvious measure to take to avoid people literally grinding credits.

Jose James
Jose James

in the old games you'd unlock extra characters by completing challenges
the keyword being "extra". You weren't unlocking a core gameplay mechanic back then.

Robert Thomas
Robert Thomas

Injustice 2 also handed them out like candy. Complete this ladder, have 4 boxes, join a guild here's 40 platinum boxes, level up a character here's 2 boxes.

Landon Rivera
Landon Rivera

Oh God I laughed hard. This is the stupidest fucking food analogy I have ever seen.
Thank you, user.

Xavier Adams
Xavier Adams

Wait you can't even whale the heroes?
Nope.

Why is this even an issue? What the fuck, who cares?
Right? People are just fucking stupid and got caught up in the bandwagon. Everyone loves a narrative but no one likes verifying information. Welcome to the post-fact world.

Are the credits you use to purchase the heroes also credits you use to buy the loot boxes or weapons or whatever?
Credits can be used to buy loot boxes on top of loot box drops, and you can pay real money for a secondary currency that only lets you buy boxes.

Leo Wilson
Leo Wilson

the amount of credits you get from loot boxes is infinitesimal
whales don't care
so lets recap:

you can purchase lootboxes to get credits which are used to buy heroes, so yes, you can simply buy heroes at an average cost of ~$150

or you can jump through hoops, grind away at multiplayer, and complete challenges of a LIMITED AMOUNT because fuck you

nah, I'm good
glad this game is receiving so much negative attention, it deserves every ounce of criticism that can be leveled at it

Joshua Lewis
Joshua Lewis

Pretty much. The retards going "i-it only takes a few hours to unlock the heroes" conveniently ignore that the only way to do that so fast is by not using the credits for all the other upgrades that you also need to unlock.

Leo Brown
Leo Brown

If you think Darth Vader is a "core gameplay mechanic" I don't think you understand what that is.

Brandon Gomez
Brandon Gomez

Oh, so was he not available from the start in the first Battlefront 2?

Evan Bell
Evan Bell

There's a limit on how many credits you can earn in single player

this is somehow not a cooldown implemented to hold back progression to frustrate you more in order to make you buy lootcrates for credits

Noah Ortiz
Noah Ortiz

If you don't think the heroes are a core gameplay mechanic, then I don't think *you* understand what that is.

Thomas Peterson
Thomas Peterson

hey man don't insult HotS it throws loot crates at you constantly and there's none of that star card bullshit just cosmetics and the occasional new character, heck you get 3 lootcrates for playing 4-5 games with each character.

Michael Gray
Michael Gray

the game is fun.
Lol no
Got burned out forever during the beta already. Extremely repetitive casual dad shooter with 0 depth.

Grayson Sanders
Grayson Sanders

oops the rest of that post has my dreaded enemy: DETAILS
better pretend it doesn't exist

Grayson Cooper
Grayson Cooper

Yeah god forbid people earn and play for their rewards!

Alexander Williams
Alexander Williams

Shit, EA battlefront 1 had fucking heroes available for free assuming you could grab the powerup.

Cameron Price
Cameron Price

See now that could be a real problem
Especially since they could constantly release low effort "content" that you have to spend credits on that completely change the game/meta, like how hearthstone works. By then all of your challenges are used up and you literally have to grind out the credits or pay.

Eli Lewis
Eli Lewis

Heroes were a core gameplay mechanic. Go look at literally any piece of advertisment related to the game: trailers, posters, interviews, whatever, and you will see the Heroes being advertised as a core feature with no sign that you would need to unlock shit.

Kayden Watson
Kayden Watson

Regardless if there were loot boxes or not, the gameplay is boring as fuck. The controls and aiming are also wonky

Blake Lopez
Blake Lopez

"Darth Vader" and "The Heroes" are not the same thing.

The heroes as a whole are absolutely a core gameplay mechanic. There are 14 of them, and 6 are locked.

Darth Vader is a hero, and not a gameplay mechanic by himself.

This concludes your english lesson for the day, children.

Xavier Edwards
Xavier Edwards

Fuck off shill heroes are a main part of the gameplay as much as vehicles & star cards. The issue here is you didn’t have to do shit in the 2015 game but run over the power up & select your character.

Benjamin Kelly
Benjamin Kelly

So you're saying even the first shitty nu-Battlefront didn't lock major mechanics behind a grind/money?
Hmm, weird how that works.

Oliver Flores
Oliver Flores

And they will. Why do you think they promised free DLCs? So they can shove a bunch of new upgrades and maybe even heroes that you need to grind to unlock.

Jacob Adams
Jacob Adams

we hit our heads and forgot this was a multiplayer game

Language is hard, but thankfully someone already corrected you for me:

Luis Robinson
Luis Robinson

EA games are really a mixed bag. ive been screwed over out of a lot of money on shitty games from EA and devs in the past and i learned my lesson now. just dont pre order. why would anyone even preorder a digital download game anyway? are they retarded? you should wait for the game to release and check out how the game is first before you buy.

Justin King
Justin King

EVERYONE. Battlefront 2 is now the second lowest rated game on the PS4! Everyone go and vote 10 on Ghostbusters so we can make Battlefront 2 the lowest ranked game! Do you part, take down EA Games!

Luis Martinez
Luis Martinez

uncanny valley still visibly present mah dude. tech needs at least another 2 maybe 3 generations until it actually is indistinguishable from real life

Chase Ross
Chase Ross

fuck you're right HotS model is way better than this trash

Samuel Martin
Samuel Martin

Remind me again, how many of the heroes were locked battlefront EA 1, or battlefront 2?

Adam Peterson
Adam Peterson

Again, there was no sign that you would need to unlock shit and if you really think that locking the most popular heroes isn't a shit move then you are either retarded or the biggest shills I have seen in a while.

Brody Butler
Brody Butler

think she'd let me rape her?

Jordan Cook
Jordan Cook

Didn't this happen with Tortanic too?

Liam Smith
Liam Smith

guess I win!

Aaron Brooks
Aaron Brooks

hurr you brought up a different point that means its invalid! Now I don't have to argue anymore!

Lucas Stewart
Lucas Stewart

its OK to fuck up our PR because its a multiplayer game
I hope the entire PR crew at EA are fired over this debacle

Jack Thompson
Jack Thompson

Once again, he was in one game. Why are you complaining that this new game is different from old games you didn't play? And since when was playing the game grinding? You literally can't fucking grind in a multiplayer game. In multiplayer games you play the same maps and matches over and over and that's exactly what you paid for and exactly what you planned to do anyway, friend.

Oh, boo hoo. You're an entitled double-millennial.

Bentley Butler
Bentley Butler

Words have no meaning to these people.

Robert Reed
Robert Reed

why are you complaining this new game is different from the old games you didn't play?
I'm complaining that a hero that was in the previous two titles and availible to all players at the start isn't in the game without having to grind at the moment. Wanting to go back to the old system of "you do good in a match, so you get to play as the hero" is not entitlement you fucking cocksucker.

Henry Hughes
Henry Hughes

grind
in a MP game
it takes 1 hour to get him
grind
you keep saying that word

I do not think it means what you think it means

Joshua Brown
Joshua Brown

it takes one hour to get to him
Dude, you really have to get more images if you're going to shill up the thread. You use them in every single one, and its getting kind of old now.
1 hour to grind
lol

Jayden White
Jayden White

Nice arguements, shills.
I seriously hope you are being paid or just shitposting because I don't want to believe that there are people who really believe that having to do shit to get something you were promised with no conditions other than buying the game is a "reward".

Connor Thomas
Connor Thomas

So really they locked the heroes behind currency so that people who don't pay have to spend all their in game currency on them, and they have less credits to spend on the loot boxes, which you can buy with real money.

How is that not a problem?

Jackson Stewart
Jackson Stewart

Miracle Whip is better than mayo.

Nicholas Johnson
Nicholas Johnson

It is. The only people defending this shit are autistic EA shills.

Gavin Murphy
Gavin Murphy

Hey now, he's right. It doesn't take that long to get your first character.
Issue here is, this kind of gullible mindset is exactly what gacha games (and glorified gacha games, like this one) prey on.
oh, this game is very generous with its lootboxes/drops/currency! i'm sure it'll be like this the whole game!

I honestly wish the person you're replying to is a shill, because otherwise it's yet another gullible consumer who got tricked by Electronic Jews.

Brandon Morgan
Brandon Morgan

EA tries to fist fuck customers
Customers say, "No. Don't do that."
EA says, "We understand."
EA tries to fist fuck customers with the other hand.

Caleb Green
Caleb Green

people are angry they have to play the game to unlock things?

Brandon Lee
Brandon Lee

Things which weren't locked in the first two games, yes.

Jack Rivera
Jack Rivera

People on Sup Forums don't play mobile games, so it's not surprising when they aren't familiar with their tactics. I've played enough f2p mobile games to smell this shit from a mile away.

Cameron Thompson
Cameron Thompson

People are angry things are made in such a way where they are meant to be a chore to incentivize you to pay for microtransactions in a full-price AAA game.
Be sure to report that to your boss, shill-kun

Justin Wright
Justin Wright

Oh fuck off. Having to play for 12 hours to unlock a single character, while unlocking nothing else is bullshit. Even more so, since they originally planned to make players play for 40 hours to do so.

Jace Fisher
Jace Fisher

People are angry that a main feature of the game got partially locked.
Fucking Darth Vader (the franchise's mascot) being locked is so fucking outrageous that I can't see how anyone can consider this acceptable.
And (for like the fourth time) people are conveniently ignoring that EA was trying to keep silent about this till the game came out. They never even brought up the possibility that you would have to unlock Darth Vader and probably wouldn't have till they had sold enough copies to not care anymore.
If they changed shit and pretended to "listen to the playerbase", that's because the game still isn't out and they were afraid no one would buy it and even then what they did is pretty much

James Cox
James Cox

Holy shit, the archive posts attached to this image are a goldmine.
Imagine being this much of a fucking casual.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/qE0EftH8xrgqMcjd5M4A6g/

Sebastian Powell
Sebastian Powell

post ea replied to says 40 hours
ea justifies instead of denying
shills deny here
i'm not buying the game to know for sure but explain this

Blake Lee
Blake Lee

It's the worst kind of shill too, because he does it for free.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1493227209018.jpg/

Anthony Cooper
Anthony Cooper

Doubtful. If this place will willingly choke down EA cock to spite another site that's sad.

Jaxon Garcia
Jaxon Garcia

I got bored of it when I can't choose which map I want to play, every time I try to play Galactic Assault, I just get the Endor or Hoth map.

Liam Evans
Liam Evans

in nu-battlefield 1 new weapons were unlocked through completing achievements, but there was absolutely no pay to win so at least everyone was on equal footing in terms of surmounting the grind. some weapons were very strong and you were at a huge disadvantage for not having them but it still didnt feel "unfair". the only thing they tried to sell you was their season pass for the expansions

Ryder Campbell
Ryder Campbell

Man baby can't play his dark Vader.

EA needs to double down on depriving these fat fucks and just take heroes out of the game. Imagine being this but blasted about an EA game because your religious Starwars beliefs we're being fucked with.

Time to grow up faggot. Just play a different game, or go outside and play some sports skinny fat.

Thomas Bennett
Thomas Bennett

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/opRQ7J5JT0YFC0ffovO9NA/
He even bought Lawbreakers.

Carter Scott
Carter Scott

battlefront* i meant of course

Cameron Brown
Cameron Brown

but there was absolutely no pay to win
Uhh, what?
If you don't have the DLC for said weapons you can't actually unlock them.

Zachary Ross
Zachary Ross

Why the fuck are we even talking about Star Wars in 2k17

Joseph Myers
Joseph Myers

kill yourself you pathetic oxygen bandit
pathetic oxygen bandit

Brayden Ross
Brayden Ross

Disney.

Jaxon Gray
Jaxon Gray

thats a good point i was wrong

Hudson Sanders
Hudson Sanders

Same I played for an hour and a half last night just multiplayer and got well over 15k to buy Darth Vader. Casuals casuals did this

Brayden Sanders
Brayden Sanders

This whole thing reminds me of SFV.

All you have to do is play Story Mode and Challenges for every character, and you'll easily have enough FM to buy another!
While conveniently forgetting that there are about 4 other characters to get, you can only get the rewards from the character stories once, online gives fuck all FM, and it is constantly adding new characters, all at the same cost.
B-but you don't need to pay for the characters!
this all just confuses me further, when that game was fucking slammed here, when this is being coddled.

Gabriel Kelly
Gabriel Kelly

this all just confuses me further, when that game was fucking slammed here, when this is being coddled.
EA has more shills than Capcom user.
Western games in general have more people willing to get fucked in the ass when it comes to shitty practices, so they obviously have more people willing to defend them.

Jordan Phillips
Jordan Phillips

It's literally two or three shills defending EA.

Alexander Richardson
Alexander Richardson

FIFA Ultimate Team is the biggest scam of all time. Giving Youtubers millions of FIFA points so they can open tons of card packs and release videos of them screaming when they've got a good card on their 10000th pack opening, so little kids think that they've got a chance. Then they play a match online and go up against a guy with the best players in their team and think "Fuck, my team is shit, better open some packs to hopefully get a better player!"

It's getting worse as they keep making up excuses to release new special edition cards, like limited edition Halloween cards, player of the month cards, "Ones to Watch" cards etc.

Jaxson Barnes
Jaxson Barnes

There's so much misinformation in this thread the froth is palpable.

Colton Thomas
Colton Thomas

Yep, and he was available from the start in the first of the EA Battlefront games, as were all the heroes

Brayden Allen
Brayden Allen

You guys are ridiculous. Look how many of you fuckers can't even think for yourselves.
This place is becoming worst than reddit

Sebastian Fisher
Sebastian Fisher

You're welcome to fuck off if people shitting on EA triggers you so much.

Benjamin Davis
Benjamin Davis

we're
Holy shit wow, you can't even troll starwars fans right. KYS faggot.

Leo Wright
Leo Wright

if i reply to everyone i disagree with, and say something condescending, i'm sure to look smart!

Chase Ross
Chase Ross

Doing every challenge in the game only nets you around 32k credits.

Josiah Ross
Josiah Ross

Communism works

Adam Howard
Adam Howard

non-white detected. Can't even tell micro different facial features

Dylan Williams
Dylan Williams

Glad I'm not the only one, playing the first one was fucking boring and the second looked the same. That was enough to turn me off from it at the get go before this shit started.

David Ward
David Ward

jesus christ, Sup Forums isn't your boss

Caleb James
Caleb James

Naw. All those people are crying Shill. Like seriously grow some balls. Nothing is more pathetic than shrill screaming

Chase Jackson
Chase Jackson

I wanted to play this game for the space battle mode and the campaign before I found out it was yet another "the rebels are better, let's join them" shit but now they can go fuck themselves.

Nolan Butler
Nolan Butler

Fuck off shill.

Brayden Allen
Brayden Allen

Adhering to the high school clique ideology that is Sup Forums

Charles Torres
Charles Torres

I remember a couple of weeks ago, some user and I were joking that the story would be the main character joining the rebels after like 2 missions, and I can't believe that is what happens. Just seems so vanilla and boring, same story as every other Star Wars game.

Chase Evans
Chase Evans

not realizing the obvious joke
Jesus christ how much of a fucking mong do you need to be
You want "/s"s too, redditbabs?

Easton Clark
Easton Clark

I don't do any of that and I know because I'm not a newfag incapable of lurking.

Asher Moore
Asher Moore

The only way they can redeem the story is if they add a second part in like 6 months to a year from now where she turns out to be a double agent

Jason Butler
Jason Butler

I'm going to buy Battlefront 2 just because I'll spite the whiny reddit crybabies and it's one of the most beautiful games ever made that will run amazing on my 1080 TI.

Also how this year has been shit for games so I want a new multiplayer game to play so it's win-win seeing reddit tears while I'm having fun.

Robert Rivera
Robert Rivera

KEK

Xavier Clark
Xavier Clark

1. Start a campaign telling people that Battlefront II will be 50% off on January 2nd day due to backlash, make it sound like an apology.
2. Make sure it tells people that the discount does NOT apply to those that pre-order, make it sound shady like EA is trying to trick those that pre-ordered into paying full price.
3. People cancel pre-orders and no one pre-orders it
4. By the time new years comes, news coverage of how shit the game is unleashes to be public
5. Normies get red-pilled, decide not to buy the game after all.

This might be the end to pre-orders if we do it right and do it immediately.

Easton Bailey
Easton Bailey

That's actually a pretty good idea

Michael Campbell
Michael Campbell

I'm already doing it
These plebs literally cried their eyes out about starcards, and the multiplayer isn't even hard to get top or near the top of the leader board

Lincoln Watson
Lincoln Watson

The worst part of lootboxes is getting content for heroes you don't have in the hero boxes.

Landon Smith
Landon Smith

depth
In a multiplayer shooter

Jaxon Nguyen
Jaxon Nguyen

t. Ghostbusters dev

Dylan Roberts
Dylan Roberts

didn't the review copies have lower costs for heroes

Eli Harris
Eli Harris

That's actually a pretty good idea
Jesus Sup Forums

Gabriel King
Gabriel King

OK IT TOOK YOU 4-5 HOURS TO GET VADER COOL YEAH
WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER SHIT YOU CARE ABOUT?
HOW MUCH SHIT CAN YOU UNLOCK?

i'm not pleased

Angel Johnson
Angel Johnson

I'm glad things have been cleared up. Reddit's mindless circle jerking mentality and upvoting system is fucking rad when its convenient. Literally /ourguys/

Andrew Torres
Andrew Torres

Never played anything but Dice Battlefield, huh?

Mason Cook
Mason Cook

8 hours in without doing campaign and I have sideous and chewbacca. *shrug*
This shit is blown way out of proportion

Austin Bailey
Austin Bailey

The only hero shit that's locked is some old shit from the first game you double nigger

Austin Howard
Austin Howard

My brother brought this up earlier, could it have hit mainstream?
He's a normie.

Nolan Green
Nolan Green

You still might have time to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Version*

*most content still locked; costs an extra $20; non-refundable; campaign doesn't change to what was promised; dildos sold separately; micro-transactions still in game; Origin Access sold separately.

John Cooper
John Cooper

ok what about the loadout shit you have to grind for as well

Ian Bailey
Ian Bailey

Eat shit shill
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1502377844319.jpg/

Sebastian Perez
Sebastian Perez

I don't even reddit or follow EA bs much, and know this isn't what happened. It isn't even bait, it is just wrong.

Andrew Reyes
Andrew Reyes

Everyone posting in this thread is an EA shill. What happened is that Battlefront II's progression system is tied to lootboxes. In order to make your characters more powerful, you need to get Star Cards, which you can only get through lootboxes. The controversy is that the game is pay2win because if you're willing to fork out a bunch of money you can get a shitton of star cards in the beginning and stomp everyone else.

Ryan Reed
Ryan Reed

saved up 20k credits from the access phase
bought vader Luke today
completed campaign
got another 15k credits from all of it
unlocked vader

thanks now I have nothing to unlock because people don't want to play a game longer than one hour a day. I mean there are other heroes to unlock but I don't really have interest in Lando or Chewie.
Also tried the heroes in the arcade mode and story and pretty much figured out some don't fit my playstyle anyway or suck (emperor).

Game is fun and the story is nice maybe a bit short I completed it in like 7 hours but there is more to come with the movie release.

Charles Howard
Charles Howard

I literally couldn't give a fuck. I have 1 grey star card, and I go top or near top of the leaderboard 90% of the games so far.
I think people are just shitters and want to blame -3s on someones grenade cooldown.
Just my opinion though of course

Christian Bell
Christian Bell

Everyone posting in this thread is an EA shill.
does this include you

Matthew Edwards
Matthew Edwards

I don't care so it's not a problem

Joseph Bennett
Joseph Bennett

What do you think goes on in the minds of those few 67?
Anything at all, maybe?

Robert James
Robert James

Redditors are being retarded faggot numales as always.

Cameron Nelson
Cameron Nelson

The shills are so fucking obvious in this thread.

Aiden Ross
Aiden Ross

More like
I don't suck so it doesn't matter
stay shitty shitter

Ayden Martin
Ayden Martin

not realising even if it is a shit place, they do have a point

keep sucking on your mothers fat tit and stay in your cellar you fucking degenerate

Michael Cox
Michael Cox

You are right user.
I thought I was alone thinking that.
Credits don't unlock any guns they are only there for boxes or cards.
Crystals(money) are only there for boxes.
You can't even upgrade cards if you dont have a high enough level.
And even if a person spends $2k on, well it's their money I guess.

Nolan Torres
Nolan Torres

it really is not

Jeremiah Roberts
Jeremiah Roberts

I've preordered every EA game and gotten my money's worth every time. All these trolls are probably paid for by EA's competition.

Josiah Cooper
Josiah Cooper

reminder that progress isn't based on skill but only on time spent in-game so AFKs using this script get the same amount of credits from participating in multiplayer matches

enjoy that sense of pride and accomplishment

Daniel Reed
Daniel Reed

WRONG
Your score is definitely a big part of your credits.
Its almost like you don't play the game and just listen to redditors or even worst Sup Forums. That' wouldn't be you would it?

Nolan Reyes
Nolan Reyes

You might be right on gaining ingame credits. But you're not right on unlocking better guns. You actually need to kill people to unlock stuff like that. Credits just come with every completed match and go from like 200-400 credits a match. So 2-3 matches = one box.

Adrian Barnes
Adrian Barnes

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/SfrlOnbdoGVkbW3GRm7s5A/
I wonder who could be behind this post.

Hudson Bailey
Hudson Bailey

Do you actually think anyone spewing mindless rage here has actually played the game? I don't believe they do. Since most of them don't have any clue.

Charles Gonzalez
Charles Gonzalez

I fucking hate the multi-colored stormtroopers.
Why not keep the classic stormtroopers instead of making a bajillion colored variations?
The one thing I like about these games is that they allow me to explain as a regular stromtrooper instead of a member of Special Snowflake Squad.

Parker Rogers
Parker Rogers

WHAT TEH FUCK MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Jose Sanchez
Jose Sanchez

being proud that EA cucked you out of $60
You think this shit gives you some sort of superiority but it really doesn't. You can literally look up how that shit system works without giving your money to those jews.
The real retards are the one complaining without even bothering to learn how the system works.

Daniel Brown
Daniel Brown

What do you mean multi colored? In the game you only see regular storm troopers it's not like the first one. From the top of my head you see normal Stormtroopers, Clone Phase 1 and 2, Officers clone/empire, Sandtroopers, First Order Troopers, Scout Troopers and Deathtroopers.

Grayson Parker
Grayson Parker

The irony in this post is astounding.

Camden Butler
Camden Butler

playing this game and actually knowing how lootboxes work

Jonathan Foster
Jonathan Foster

Correction 80€ and I'm enjoying it.
Still most of the people just mindlessly jump the bandwagon. Literally the only bad thing in the game are the lootboxes.

Isaiah Price
Isaiah Price

I mean how Rogue One introduced those black stormtrooper who are supposed to be some sort of elite squad but are regular stromtroopers with a different paintjob or whatever the fuck Phasma was in TFA.
Also, the shitty squad for the game who has special snowflake armor too.

Julian Allen
Julian Allen

I feel bad for you.

Anthony Parker
Anthony Parker

Guess it beats being a hivemind sheep eh?

Hunter Ramirez
Hunter Ramirez

lootboxes
cliched plot twist we all knew was coming months ago despite EA promising an imperial storyline
EA promises a good writer and then we get some literal tumblr dyke
EA forces 40 hour grind for iconic characters and gets the most downvoted post on plebbit in human history
EA gets rid of the refund button
sources: from my personal archive
[EVENT] EA star wars vader locked What's the biggest lie in gaming right now? 200k+ downvotes on plebbit /v/thread/396651804 /v/thread/396700092 /v/thread/396692085 https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396697837 /v/thread/396721927
We are making progress, EA is making changes! /v/thread/396743887
EA removed the refund button/v/thread/396811905
try to refund my purchase of battlefront 2 >can't find the refund button >click to speak to tech support/v/thread/396805030
Review Ouch!/v/thread/396814483
get promised an Imperial story line from the writer of Spec Ops: The Line >get a generic defection story with this thing as the lead writer instead/v/thread/396831749
DEFECTS TO THE REBELLION Who didn't see that coming a fucking mile away. /v/thread/396765410
Spends entire pre launch talking up how your gonna be fighting for the empire. Literally change sides 2 missions into the campaign. /v/thread/396790221
EA COMMUNITY MANAGER MELTDOWN speaks out about lootboxes /v/thread/396639185
lets you pay real money for multiplayer advantages https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396428158/
HERO COSTS REDUCED https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/396744681

Jose Smith
Jose Smith

Yeah that grenade cooldown will really help or the blast radius by one fucking meter.
Some of the cards are retarded. Some of them give decent bonuses but they won't make you godlike and unkillable.

Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones

How many star wars pics you got, lonely autist?

Jacob Morris
Jacob Morris

*shrug*

Easton Murphy
Easton Murphy

As many as you wish.

Isaiah Rivera
Isaiah Rivera

Sup Forums is majority poorfags

Cooper Powell
Cooper Powell

Everyone is starting to catch on, microtransactions are what's ruining the gaming industry.

Christopher Sanchez
Christopher Sanchez

free market wins again. Suck on that /g/

Noah Morales
Noah Morales

/v/ hates EA
Reddit hates EA now
/v/ now defends EA

Kayden King
Kayden King

I want to believe those are shills shitposting or newfags who think they are forced to be contrarian.
If there are people willing to defend EA just because leddit hates it then I feel sorry for them.

Nicholas Roberts
Nicholas Roberts

its 9gag raid/viral attempt
they are just shilling on all sites even imgur is fucking flooded with 100 posts an hour

Andrew Baker
Andrew Baker

Strange people would post something that gets them so many replies on an anonymous image board.

James Barnes
James Barnes

They;re nothing but ironic shitposters. How this is still difficult for people to recognize let alone conceive IS BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION

Kevin Moore
Kevin Moore

autism capsulized in the fantasys of a very fat fat fat fat fat fat man

Anthony Bennett
Anthony Bennett

tie pilots have always had black armor

Angel Morales
Angel Morales

There is also the thing with EA's absolutely bullshit marketing for the single player campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

90% of this trailer is absolute bullshit that doesn't happen in the game, and the rest looks worse than in the trailer.

Owen Thompson
Owen Thompson

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting desu

Kevin Price
Kevin Price

90% of this trailer is absolute bullshit that doesn't happen in the game
False. All of what was shown (apart from the stuff that was stated as being multiplayer) happened in game. The real issue was it being marketed around the idea of playing as part of the empire and then having you defect 4 missions in.

Connor Cox
Connor Cox

The reward comes from the gameplay you dumb reddit fuck

Brayden Hall
Brayden Hall

you won't know for sure if a game is shit until you buy it!
fuck off shill. this is how you can tell they're getting desperate

Easton Smith
Easton Smith

Yummy

Luke Martin
Luke Martin

Pure cuckoldry.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page