Sonic Adventure

Imagine somebody took Sonic 1 and said, "you know, this isn't realistic enough", and reduced the overall vibrancy of the tile design. Now everything is a shade of grey or brown. That is what SADX is to SA1.

Then they thought, hey, you know our flagship lighting system in SA1? Who needs it? Trash it! We know you dev guys spent a whole lot of time getting it working and implemented in some GC prototypes (yes, the GC prototypes have the palette lighting system implemented and working), but we just don't want it anymore so get rid of it ok thanks.

Their SADX rendering pipeline completely disregards certain Dreamcast-standard material flags. This is why characters are all so shiny.

Honestly I think the best things to come out of DX as an enhanced port are the mission system (which is just a revised version of the DLC system they had on the Dreamcast) and arguably the higher-poly character models, although aesthetically I think they're a little off the mark. The SA2B Chao system was also a nice improvement.

Other urls found in this thread:

dreamcastify.wordpress.com/
dreamcastify.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/mystic-ruins-downgrades/
dreamcastify.wordpress.com/2017/11/09/fixing-the-pc-version-of-sadx/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your autism is showing,. No one cares. It's a bad series

But DX is more vibrant

captcha: poste moor

I guess that's why DX's Ice Cap textures are literally just original textures but in grayscale?

dreamcastify.wordpress.com/

played for the first time months ago, it was the most horrid shit i've ever experiment.

Wow it looks like they just turned off lighting. MORE VIBRANT LOL!

The only good thing that came out of it are skippable cutscenes.

This stuff is actually pretty neat. I knew certain things looked different between the ports, but I wasn't certain what exactly they were because I didn't ever go back to the DC version to compare them.

I mean turning off shading makes everything brighter, and the definition of vibrant is literally "bright," so yeah

SA1 is an abomination.

The original is fine. The DX one is terrible.

Gamecube looks like fucking trash

>DX
>Japan calls "Deluxe" DX

What was Deluxe about it?

Should compare Mystic Ruins

dreamcastify.wordpress.com/2017/10/28/mystic-ruins-downgrades/

Fuck you. If there was no SA1 there would be no Chao Adventure, which was the ultimate use of the VMU

This is some nice autism.

More polygons for shoes.

Nice graphics thread Sonicbabs
meanwhile I'll be enjoying my latest game with 10/10 graphics

Just use BetterSADX on the PC version and you get the best of both worlds.

dreamcastify.wordpress.com/2017/11/09/fixing-the-pc-version-of-sadx/