Steam changed the system so it cherrypicks reviews now

>Steam changed the system so it cherrypicks reviews now
>Can't see negative reactions to reviews anymore to see if it's a meme review or just plain shitposting

This is the quality we can expect to fill the top of every steam review page now. What the FUCK were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE
store.steampowered.com/app/209000/Batman_Arkham_Origins/
store.steampowered.com/app/262060/Darkest_Dungeon/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if you cant make your own decision on a game from a video you're dumb

This tbqh famalam

>still uses steam
>doesn't pirate games instead

>brainlets can't tell what's a meme review and what's not

haha kill me i noticed it since yesterday but only now i made sense of it. it looks so much worse without the negatives in there as well

>game is pay2win, surely a video will reflect this
>game has an update with gamebreaking glitch
>users negatively review it to reflect this
>not the case anymore

if a game was p2w dont you think they would plaster every menu with "buy special deal super item package"?

No user, it would be in the game, probably a few hours in so you start to enjoy the game and don't want to quit

If it does otherwise it's a shit p2w system. Here's a quick lesson from the devil himself youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

yeah but as soon as they are there you know the game is shit

Wait people actually read individual reviews?

When I want to buy a game I just look at the recent overall user ratings and when its negative I know the dev or publisher is a cunt and probably fucked something up with the community recently and thats a clear red flag not buy this shit. Saved me from buying GTAV recently

>Wait, people actually check the sources behind numbers?

If it's a meme review you should be able to tell. Plus they didn't get rid of comments so I don't know what the fuck you're complaining about. This just gets rid of dogpiling on people, bandwagon downvoting, and popular vote bias. It's a good thing and if you weren't in high school you'd recognize that.

Now you're gonna tell me why you think it should stay like the superior reddit upvote system that it has been.

If its a meme review and its negative I know someone is angry at the dev. When I see lots of meme reviews its automatically a nogo

that system is gone too. steam call it "review bombing" and the chart only takes a certain amount into consideration

Remember when this was largely negative? store.steampowered.com/app/209000/Batman_Arkham_Origins/

Not anymore

I noticed this a few days ago. I'm disappointed because I like to see what people think of my reviews, and if there's only Helpfuls displaying, then I can't get an overall feel for what people think of what I have to say.
Generally videos are all I need, but sometimes even after seeing gameplay you might wind up unsure. I've found that looking at negative reviews for games helps me see if there are things in them that I would personally find annoying that aren't immediately noticeable in videos.

whoops that quote was meant for dont know how i fucked that one up

Ah fuckin hell. Guess I'll have to rely on Sup Forumss consensus again or resort back to pirating. Shame

>now

Do you actually have down syndrome? Is it difficult to type these opinions for you, or do you have a service professional type them for you?

The review scores listed are based on recent versions and updates of the game, because if a game is reviewed negatively due to issues that are patched in an update, the review scores should absolutely reflect that change. Arkham Origins had a terrible launch and while there are certainly still issues, it runs fine for the majority of players now. Why the fuck would it still be overwhelmingly negative? Stop posting opinions on the internet you bandwagon thoughtless middleschooler

It was the biggest negative cluster I could think of. Let me try a more recent game for you then store.steampowered.com/app/262060/Darkest_Dungeon/

>latest patches keep fucking up the game further and further
>negative reviews start piling up with each patch
>now suddenly all gone

It's a shitty move, unless a game has purely negative reviews you'll be seeing mostly positive and meme reviews

If you start making consumer decisions based on what's posted on Sup Forums you're going to be a very uninformed and miseducated consumer. But then again, if you're dumb enough to take buying advice from Sup Forums, you're dumb enough to be a bad consumer anyway so gg

Yeah I just noticed this. Which filters do I have to turn off? It's not showing me any reviews at all for smaller games. The filters I have should at least show me something, and yet

>There are no more reviews that match the filters set above

>I'm disappointed because I like to see what people think of my reviews
yeah me too, my reviews always get a bunch of downvotes, and I like that, pissing off fanboy losers is fun.

I'm having the same problem, I want to go ahead and say it's because the steam sale just started but i doubt it

No, that's it. Steam store always gets super buggy and does shit like this when it's overloaded.

I suspect it's that desu, I've had a dozen games show zero reviews. The servers shit themselves every sale so I'll just wait for it to cool down.

I couldn't give less of shit about what kind of consumer corporate people think I am. Sup Forums hates everything, so most games fall away, but the few games it likes are actually pretty great.
Prob. just gonna resort to pirating instead of listening to Sup Forums though

what the fuck happened where are the reviews for this game?

At that point you've already given them your money and they've won.

What the fuck are you talking about, being a good consumer means making decisions that are against corporate shilling and making rational informed decisions that benefit yourself.

>Prob. just gonna resort to pirating instead of listening to Sup Forums though
There's a good consumer, you're still stupid for not doing this sooner.

People never say if they had technical problems or how did they fix them, it's bullshit. If theres something Steam reviews are good for is
pointing technical problems and how to fix them.

>for not doing this sooner.
I used to before I started looking at steam reviews. Guess old habits die hard

I only started reviewing games recently because I realized that I was reading reviews myself a lot of times. I try to leave detailed reviews and I like getting the "people found (you)r review helpful" too.

Fuck off retard no one is gonna buy your shit games first to see if theyre buggy imbalanced trash go back to playing COD and For Honor

Good.

>LMAO I DIED SO I REFNDED BAD GAEM [Chinese text]

t. Mindless mouth-breathing retard who hates consumers giving there opinion on a product

Kid if you need money get a real job instead of shilling

I play the game and if it sucks I leave a negative review and refund the game.

Just make sure its before 2 hours of playtime.

>go to steam forum for any MP game that's somewhat active
>threads bitching about toxic community
>it's a straight up lie 90% of time
I've joined a bunch of "toxic" games and they're no worse than any of the ones I played over a decade ago. I'm convinced they see standard banter or get TKed once, have a fit, then go moan on the forum. They quit playing if they can't get "toxic" players banned after this.