Seriously Sup Forums

Seriously Sup Forums
How would you rate this game?
Im playing it right now but holy fuck i have no idea how to feel about this
I like Mario, i really do, but what the fuck is this?
This barely feels like a game
The maps are literally bunch of random shit thrown together
I was expecting to use cappy in clever ways, but instead the game just sends you around stomping on shiny shit and that's it
Im trying my best to like this game
What the fuck went wrong, Sup Forums?

I felt a little underwhelmed too. Wasn't expecting it to be so short. Still the best Mario 64 follow-up they've ever done though.

Objectively I'd give it a 9.0-9.5.

Subjectively I'd give it a 10.

Too many ground pound/obvious Moons is my biggest complaint with the game, but people are really overstating it. There is a shitton of running and jumping in this game.

ninten year olds everyone

Im not exactly fond of Mario 64 to be honest, but at least that game had proper worlds; Odyssey's stages are horrible, they take less than 15 minutes to get through and there's nothing special that makes you go "oh fuck i remember that one" because they're so bland
I personally feel like Galaxy (the first one) was more akin to Mario 64 than this game

better than frogposters

Galaxy and to a lesser degree Galaxy 2 are pretty universally liked and loved by people who enjoy 3D platformers.

Maps too linear and that’s my only complaint.

>Its a Sup Forums pretends to have played a game episode

Played BotW but haven't gotten to this, yet. What's Nintendo's new obsession with hundreds of identical collectibles with no value to them?
A shine in 64/SS/Galaxy marked some kind of accomplishment. 90% of the time a beaten level. Of course there were the freebies you got from toads or blue coins, but a single moon or Korok doesn't feel special.
Especially with Koroks literally losing value as they get scarcer. What the fuck Nintendo.

This will be hailed as GOTY.

Bing bing wahoo!
I liked it

>frogposters calling others underage

Can someone post more pictures of the froggy please.

And I mean the cute frogs in Mario

In the case of Koroks it's like that because Nintendo never WANTED you to find all 900. The reward is a literal piece of shit. Rather, Koroks are better than having nothing at the top of something in a game with extreme mobility, and you're intended to only find enough to get you through the game. They're not like heart pieces.

Moons are weird though. I think the game would be better with less of them. The moons you find with the doggo are cool, but that one on top of Tostarena could have just been a purple coin. That sort of thing.

It’s well made but not for me and I’m a pretty big Mario guy. It’s like they made it specifically for non-Mario guys or guys that want people to think they like Mario without actually really liking Mario.

I feel like im wasting my time playing this game, this is how terrible it is, at least for me
In BotW every shit you found AT least was something you could use, from apples that you could use for your HPs to elemental jelly beans that you could turn into a fucking weapon of mass destruction
In Odyssey nothing feels satisfying to collect, because there's no goal: you can clear the game just by running straight and following the path that the map gives you
And let's not talk about how atrocious the map design is
What the fuck happened to Nintendo
I dont even feel like getting to the end of this trash

I almost finish the damn game and still cant figure out how to go different countries while playing.

I want to go back to the jungle country god damn it.

Use the Odyssey by throwing cappy on the globe thing
The jungle stage was probably the only decent one so yeah

Throw your hat at the globe outside of the Odyssey.

Nice bait.

the music was pretty good while smoking pot

It's fun, but I feel like it's lacking the charm and love that was put into SM64

>Koroks are better than having nothing
I don't know if I agree when Koroks are used like they are. After a while I didn't even want to bother with the effort of going to and completing stone circles because I always knew what my reward was and all it does is fix a stupid "feature".
The game is already pretty empty to give you a sense of scale, and I think it would be better if there were fewer Koroks with more substantial rewards. Something that could make players talk about specific korok locations.
BotW is undoubtedly about exploration and finding interesting things are at least to me the most important aspect of exploration.

Plus that equipment, animals, ingredients etc fill that purpose of filling out the world.

>In Odyssey nothing feels satisfying to collect
After a while, I felt the same about BotW. The coolest things you can find are environments. Koroks and shrines feel like tacked on, forced content after they realized that they can't make a gigantic world interesting on such weak hardware.

>bait
Since when giving my own opinion is considered bait?
Im not saying the game is objectively trash, but it fucking sucks in my opinion
There are some good things about it, some of the bosses were pretty cool (the flower robot for example), but there's nothing else to remember here: you fight the same exact bosses AGAIN for the rest of the game, it's fucking Nier Automata all over again
It doesn't feel like a platformer, it doesn't feel like something that Nintendo would make, especially after the two Galaxy games: this is literally stuff i'd see on Steam Greenlight for fuck sake
The platforming mini-stages are spectacular, but they last for like what, 3 minutes?
How im even supposed to enjoy something that short?
But yeah giving a different opinion is now considered bait according to this fucking genius

>And let's not talk about how atrocious the map design is

Actually, since you keep mentioning it I'd like to talk about it. What's wrong with the game's level design?

I like it a lot, usually a Sony guy but I bought a switch just for this game. Can't remember the last time a game grabbed me like this.

What are your guys favorite captures? I loved the Pokebird and Hammerbro. The T-Rex and the letter R were pretty cool, as well

It's a good game but not the best, but relatively it's the best Mario title we got in ages.

I kinda exaggerated here, but the main reason is the fact that they barely follow any logic and are way too small to feel like actual stages: most of the time you'll be running around for hours only to realize that you're literally standing in the same spot you were before; there's no sense of progression because everything looks the same
There's even a stage that consists of four rooms with mini platform stages on the inside, while the rest of it it's just frozen water
How comes that something like Mario 64 managed to make playing the same stages all over again interesting while this game bores me to tears?
Perhaps it's more of a size problem rather than just "design", but that's how i feel about the stages

>How would you rate this game?
I'd objectively rate it on the level design, art design, and gameplay. 8/10

Uproots and Pokios. With a little expansion they could carry a Captain Toad-tier game by themselves.

that switch is starting to get really greasy

I'd buy a Pokio spinoff in a heartbeat

Just makes me wish this game had a "freeplay" mode to fuck around with any capture in any level.
and I wish Mario's footsteps were louder but that's just me being a nostalgiacunt

user, do you understand what a opinion is? Or demographics?

It's okay to not like something. To be fair, Mario is very child-friendly and simple. So stop looking for something to get mad about.

9.5-10. One of the only games in recent years that has managed to held my interest all the way through.

Im not mad because thankfully i bought this at 32 bucks and no, im not saying it's SHIT, but i can't understand why the critics are giving this an highscore when it and praising it as "revolutionary" when it doesn't bring nothing new to the formula

It had great ideas but it feels light on content.
>muh 880 moons
There's a fuck ton of filler.
The good stuff is damned good but they didn't commit to any of their transformations very much. The T-Rex, Pokio, Tropical Wiggler or Tank all get relegated to a few short uses before you have to dump them and move on by yourself.
None of those great movesets see much use and it bums me out.
They also skimped out hard on the Cloud, Ruined, Lost and Bowser kingdoms, either giving very little to do or making them too linear.

But it's still a great game and I'd happily get DLC or an Odyssey 2 that fleshes out its concepts more.

Critics almost always bend over backwards to suck Nintendo's cock because they can't take off the rose-tinted bags on their heads.

Alright, so it's not revolutionary. It's still well polished, colorfully vibrant, with all types of challenges for both casuals and more experienced players alike.

As far as the Mario series is concerned, Mario's diverse moveset mixed with the capture mechanic is new and keeps the game interesting.

>way too small
>you'll be running around for hours only to realize that you're literally standing in the same spot you were before

you'd have to have truly poor navigational skills to have this happen anywhere but blizzard shiveria

>It's a contrarian pretends to hate a universally loved new release thread

This and A Hat in Time are the best 3D platformers in literally a decade.

I feel like unlocking outfits is incentive for me to actually want to collect stuff. Call me a fag or whatever.

Well the last good one, Mario Galaxy 1, came out 10 years ago, so that's not saying anything.

Galaxy 2, 3D World, and some Ratchet and Clank games have come out since then. Not to mention The abject failure that was Yooka-Laylee.

I think currency and regular coins are placed fine. The problem people have is the abundance of repetitive or easy moons.

In Ruined Kingdom I glitched through the floor during the dragon fight and there ARE platforms beneath the tower.

Obviously I didn't see any NPCs or objects, but it seems like they were gonna flesh it out a bit more than they did. You can see one of the walkways when you're electricity-ing towards the tower

I mean it's not like Mario 64 didn't have a large amount of Stars placed in Boxes/Just sitting in the level.

It's my personal GOTY, and possibly even my favorite game this gen so far, but there's absolutely NO fucking way it would have gotten the scores it did if it wasn't Mario but instead "Random Dude Jump Quest".
People in general have a weird hateboner for any platformer that isn't Mario.

The story of the game felt like a tutorial for the real game; which is collecting moons, setting record times in races, jump rope challenge, speed runs, etc, stamp collection , etc.

The point of all the obvious and easy moons is so that any dumb kid can play the game and get to the credits just by doing the minimum and getting the most obvious or easy moons, but that allows them to still put in a ton of actually challenging moons for the more experienced players looking to dig deeper into the game.

>9
>9-5
>10
>My GOTY
Ok
Im either too retarded to enjoy this game or you guys have a serious case of shit taste
I'll force myself through the end and see if it gets better
Still, im so fucking glad i bought it at 32 because anything higher than that would have been a god damn scam for this game

I'd give it an 8/10, too much filler and too many linear kingdoms that all follow the same structure

7.5/10

I had fun with it overall but it's not a memorable game
The world I enjoyed the most was the desert I guess, it felt like I actually explored this one but the rest are just surprisingly small, Bowser's castle and the moon are pretty boring final worlds in general though the final cave was entertaining enough.

It doesn't really feel like it played enough with the gimmick and the level design was just boring overall.
It's not a game I'll remember in a week

I don't know, user. Maybe you're just the one with shit taste.

>Rayman 2 was a good game upon release, but has not aged well at all and just doesn't hold up to current standards!
>Mario 64 is an amazing game that has its flaws, but you gotta see it and judge it as you would've when it first came out!

this shit brings my piss to a fucking boil

was that belly necesary?

You seem to have poor navigation skills, like very poot

I give it a pretty good game outta 10

>make exploration platforming game
>put all the platforming content inside of doors that take you to small linear areas that are just short and shitty 3D World levels made with generic colored blocks
>90% of moons outside of the doors are following dogs around or ground pounding/throwing hat at glow spots
>people somehow think the game is a 9/10 or 10/10

Really baffles the waffle.

have you played the game? Because almost everything you said is wrong

Got 999 moons. It's 100% correct. Maybe it's you who hasn't played it.

>100% correct
lmao sure, and I believe you. I'm sure if you actually counted the moons it's more like 60-70% instead of 90

>buying moons
Nah, you didn’t really beat it.

You're an idiot and your opinions are shit

This is the best Mario game since Super Mario 64. You're just trying to hard to shit post and troll.

No, I'm pretty sure it's 90%. I'd also count moons that show up in places you've already been after beating the game, all the shitty lakitu fishing moons, all the moons that just want you to wear a costume, the moons from the sphinx, the moons from the rabbits, and the moons in the rocks in this assessment.

Can we talk about the ending how much of a THOT Peach is for ditching Mario and Bowser on the Moon and going off with her Crown BFF to travel the world.

you can get 900 moons just by following dogs around or ground pounding/throwing hat at glow spots?

Obviously you can get some moons that way. but you're massively overstating shit like that which is why user said youre wrong.

>im suddenly a shitposter for stating my own opinion without sperging and attempting to make my subjective point of view pass as objective truth
Ok

I-I gave it a TWO user! Are you impressed?

>90% of moons are from doing X thing
>you're wrong
>no I'm right. by X I mean X, Y, W, Z, Q and F
yeah okay user

The point I was making was 90% of the moons outside of the door content was copy paste filler bullshit that had nothing to do with the level design, which is nearly is. Maybe closer to 80%-85%, but it's still shit.

You're still wrong but okay

I don't think you're right

>Can't navigate in a game that literally hands you a map, let's you fast travel between checkpoints, and marks major power moons with a glimmering light.
It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

>gets BTFO for his retarded post
>moves the goal posts

STOP POSTING YOUR FUCKING GREASY FAT FUCK SELF

7/10 the worlds and length are seriously lacking

The replies only make him stronger

would've liked more worlds of smaller size than the opposite. A lot of worlds weren't as memorable to me as something like Whomp's Fortress or Lethal Lava Land. It was a disappointment to not have some type of Boo level as well. I feel like Ruined Kingdom was supposed to be an actual kingdom but got cut due to time constraints, probably wanted the game out before the holidays.

Biggest praise is probably the movement and controls. I wish the regular run speed was faster though it's slow as fuck. Pretty much have to be long jumping or rolling all the time.