Sauron the fuckboy

Since when was Sauron a generic bishonen? He's the fucking Dark Lord, he should be fearsome not like a boy band member. Who at Monolith thought that it was OK to turn him into a JRPG protagonist? Why are half-assed retcons like this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uZUqPOTR1AM?t=14m1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Now this is what I call bait

Are you trying to be funny?

>tumblr obsessed with boy band members as per usual

xD dont you mean soyboy

All the big bads have been massive bitchboys.

It is completely canon that when Ungoliant was slapping Morgoth's shit he let out a legendary bitch scream so loud that it awoke and summoned his host of balrogs from afar to bail him out. Legends say the echoes of this wail can still be heard to this day.

bravo Hackson

On the chance you aren't trolling, Sauron originally looked like that but was rendered unable to ever again take a beautiful form after the downfall of Numenor.

uhhh... other than his long hair, what is so jrpg/boyband/fuckboi about it?

>Sauron somehow inexplicably able to break a curse placed on him by Eru Illuvatar
There are people that defend these turd games.

You do realize Sauron was the original Arthas Menethil, right?

Why would you not expect Sauron to be an elf-boy?

Arthas and Sauron are nothing alike you dumb fucking retard secondary.

Because he was cursed to never be able to take a fair form thousands of years ago by God himself?

Tolkien properties are only gonna get fucked harder from now on.

>was pretty
>then they weren't
>got pissed and raised an army and put on a scary suit of armor

>Arthas is just a Darth Vader ripoff
Lol Blizz, as expected

Annatar is an elf. All male elves are bishi fuckboys, user.

if this is in the assimilation and WB is using that as a basis, then all hope is lost.

If you read the Silmarillion you'd know Sauron could choose to appear as a ridiculously good looking person, to the point where his charisma made him a god on Numenor.

>That one orc that says "wow why do you want to kill all orcs? maybe YOU'RE the problem and not us"

You're stupid lol

Wow this seems like a horrible idea, they're going to get push back and impaled on their owns spikes.

why in the fuck is WB allowed to use Simarillion as a material

why does that look so retarded

>Arthas
>was pretty
>was still pretty, just pale
>had good intentions but was ultimately corrupted

>Sauron
>was pretty
>was a bat
>was a werewolf
>was a bat again
>was pretty again
>then wasn't for the rest of eternity
>never really described as wearing armor
>no good intentions, just fucking evil

>quickly! attack them with your soft squishy leather-clad bodies before they hit the spears or giant metal shields!

Not to mention?:
>Stabbing with a curved blade
>Stabbing or using a curved blade (slashing weapon) at all when almost every one of your enemies is covered in full plate

>Abandon your well defended position

What could possibly be the justification for this tactical brainfart?

Please, stop. ;_;

And why the fuck are they suddenly glued together?

i refuse to believe this is a real scene

LOL did this happen? I might have missed it because it's so dense every single image has so many things going on.

>Used to be a maiar
>All maiar defined as timelessly beautiful

If you actually read the Silmarillion, you'd know he lost that ability forever in the Downfall of Numenor.

Just when I thought they haven't raped the lore enough I see this thread

Well thanks for this non-video games shitfest. Have my (You) as well.

Exactly. I always thought Sauron would look like a rotting corpse just like his henchmen instead I got a pretty boy elf that's even more feminine than your regular elf. Even his voice is feminine.

What the hell, this violates the fundamental laws of physics, a fucking coin isn't any lighter because it's balancing on its edge!

This post screams "I know nothing about Lord of the Rings lore".

>In The Silmarillion, however, Sauron is described as being a shape changer, and took many forms, including that of a serpent, a vampire, and a great wolf. After Morgoth's fall, Sauron appeared in fair form as "Annatar", the Lord of Gifts, and maintained this appearance until the Fall of Númenor, in which he was unable to ever take fair form ever again.

The coin slammed into it with the force from falling on its side. It's like a tree vs a falling tree...

Is what the people defending it would say

You should probably read the shit you copy paste from wikis, idiot.

>He's the fucking Dark Lord
No he's one of Morgoth's jealous fanboys

>Since when was Sauron a generic bishonen?
Read your lore, faget.

People should be more asshurt over the fact that Isildur is one of the Nine rather than Sauron being a bishounen elf (which he canonically was at one point)

i wanna fuck that sauron

Get in line.

Was this shit made in China? Seriously, with the jarringly bad CGI and the retarded action sequences, it looks like something the Chinese would make .

Most LotR Elves are cocky shitheads who think they're unstoppable. It's why they're dying out and their women drop to their knees with a smile for Human ranger dick.

In this adaptation Bifur has an axehead stuck in his skull, like Venom Snake's shrapnel horn. I guess he headbutts it into the orc and it sticks them together.
i have to assume seconds after this webm ends Bifur has a brain aneurysm because I can't image ripping a piece of shrapnel out of your brain is healthy.

>he thinks an elf would let a filthy dwarf get any glory before them

why are you people even mentioning silmarillion, does WB own the rights to even use silmarillion.

if i went down to the library and checked out a copy of silmarillion it would read just like Shadow of War, everything in that game will be justified, is this what this thread is telling me?

or am i being rused by the highest degree here, it's almost fanfictioney Doctor Who level of shit.

>In this adaptation Bifur has an axehead stuck in his skull, like Venom Snake's shrapnel horn. I guess he headbutts it into the orc and it sticks them together.
That's more retarded than Tidus getting blown up by a sea-mine.

Read it yourself. Sauron took the Annatar form and forged the rings before Numenor

Shadow of War gets some things right, but it gets way more things wrong. It's deviantart tier fan-fiction at best.

Isildur being a Ringwraith is fucking retarded, but it doesn't blatantly contradict canon.
>he canonically was at one point
He canonically can never do it ever again.

"Mistake of nature" is an odd insult from one Ainu to another.

Shadow of War takes place thousands of years after the Downfall you dumb fucking shit-for-brains faggot.

Dark Lord is a racist term. That's why orcs are white, racist.

What are you talking about? Sauron having a fair form isn't exclusive to Silmarilion, it's just part of the lore. Would you prefer he appear clad in armor to bear gifts to Celebrimbor and shit in the past? You're being retarded, stop it.

I AM ANGRY. ANGRY ABOUT ELVES

Wait, hee takes that form in SoW and not flashbacks? Huh, well that is retarded. Apologies, i don't play games anymore, only shitpost about them

It literally gets nothing right.
It's dumb fucking wikireading secondary retards defending this.
>everything in that game will be justified
The opposite. Sauron looking like an elf in the Third Age blatantly contradicts The Silmarillion.

And OP picture is part of a flashback, you stupid ass faggot

He’s not a fat ugly neckbeard like OP so he’s settling unrealistic beauty standards

Yes. He's a boss fight. Just like the first game, though I guess he isn't a QTE this time.

Sauron can shapeshift

I'm guessing this was from his time when he was with the elves as the bringer of gifts

read the books or at least do some basic research fuckboy, unless you're just some ebin troll

>Sauron looking like an elf in the Third Age blatantly contradicts The Silmarillion
He doesn't. That is from one of shelobs memories.

celebrimbor and sauron have a top ten anime battle on top of barad dur and then they fuse into one entity
it's EXTREMELY dumb

No, it's not.

youtu.be/uZUqPOTR1AM?t=14m1s

Mostly in flashbacks. Then, suddenly he appears as Annatar in the final boss fight for some fucking reason. I'm guessing someone at Monolith didn't do enough homework.

You're either damage controlling a game you haven't played, or blatantly lying to defend it. Either way, pathetic:

He takes that form fight celebrimbor in that form, and consumes him.Gamewise the reason he's confined to giant eye form is because celebrimbor is fighting him from within.
Also Isiladur became a ringwraith after his death, till Talion killed him and stole his ring of power, leading to talion becoming a ring-wraith in his place, but not before waging a a centuries long war with mordor to keep them away from the lands of man, before eventually succumbing to the rings influence.

Orcs are just twisted Elves, nothing of value lost

WE WUZ ELVES AND SHi fucking hate this meme

Well, they DID turn Shelob into a psychic shapeshifter who apparently bumped uglies with Sauron if titty human form, soooo

Chinks are everywhere in the concept art world now. Together with their tacky sense of aesthetics

Who was in the wrong here? Who is the girl elf?

What order should I read the books in and can I start with the simile rilion?

Holy fucking shit, that's some god awful voice acting and animations.

Oh look, another wikifag.

Yeah but that's writing their own fanfiction. With Sauron, I think someone just missed the fact that he's not supposed to be able to have that form anymore.

Silmarillion is not worth reading

To be fair it was always implied Shelob could take different forms.

Best thing about this game is how salty it makes lorefags.

celebrimbor betrays talion at the last moment, girl elf is an assassin or some shit sent by galadriel to kill ringwraiths and celebrimbor does his ghost shit on her
talion dies and then picks up isildur's ring and then becomes a ringwraith himself

hobbit -> lord of the rings
silmarillion is basically a history book of middle earth, it's not for everyone

but that's the one I'm interested in. I like lore and world building.

No, it fucking wasn't.

>Who was in the wrong here? Who is the girl elf?
the """girl""" elf is Sauron, duh. pay attention to the cutscene

Hobbit
Fellowship
Two Towers
RotK

If Shelob gets to be Stoya, who would they use for Ungoliant?

Read LotR and Hobbit, order of those two doesn't really matter.
Only, and really if only you liked those books very much you can try the Silmarillion.
Pretty much every book about Middle-Earth apart from those are for ultra fans who like treading through pages after pages were JRR literally just listed the names of kings and so on.

Did they NEVER play Total War?

Where exactly was it implied that Shelob could shapeshift?

In Tolkien's lore, Sauron presented himself as being youthful and handsome to the elves to manipulate them
If you were arguing that Shadow of Mordor's story was lazy, rushed and a bit silly, I'd agree, but Sauron in his 'Annatar' form being good looking is nothing worth criticizing