Bloodstained is taking ideas for cute little easter egg lines. What do you think they should add?

Bloodstained is taking ideas for cute little easter egg lines. What do you think they should add?

reddit.com/r/Bloodstained/comments/7el6ar/english_voice_acting_is_starting_open_invitation/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Co-h7zOA8yY
youtube.com/watch?v=KV6fBYuuPMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a Better game.

It's a good game already. ;)

youtube.com/watch?v=Co-h7zOA8yY

Why would they make it so sloppy and slow

that unironically looks like fucking trash.

Dead Cells, an early access game, looks, sounds and plays a hundred times better.
youtube.com/watch?v=KV6fBYuuPMg

How about:
>Wow, this looks like shit, doesn't it? If only we didn't fall for the 2.5D meme"

>sloppy and slow
>same identical speed of the most loved Castlevania ever, SotN

>slow meme

except the fact that Dead Cells isn't a metroidvania at all, just a 2D action roguelite

no it doesn't.

WHY DOES IT LOOK SO PLASTICY LIKE A SHITTY LITTLE DIORAMA

FUCK

why can't we get a sprite-based igavania or some 2d indie style pixelshit instead of this unity/unreal mn9 garbage

>except the fact that Dead Cells isn't a metroidvania at all.
but it has better combat.

>Le olde Memevania SotN
face it faggots, the game is way too fucking slow and it looks like shit.

Lying answer Iga gave: It's too expensive to have 2d
Actual truthful answer: Iga is lazy and a jew

>but it has better combat.

and Bayonetta has a better combat than Mario Odyssey, but how does this mke you sound less retard?

>why can't we get a sprite-based igavania or some 2d indie style pixelshit instead of this unity/unreal mn9 garbage

because making spiter take effort, while 2.5D crap don't

Iga's reasoning is valid, it's just that I think he was thinking too much like an industry insider. HD 2D is a total pain in the ass, and the game was to be on multiple systems with different resolutions, so 3D models makes sense. He did that for the PSP Rondo remake. Like Inafune however, he under-estimated how bad Inti-Creates were at 3D and Unreal engine.

sotn had less than twice the screen size

A smart decision to avoid it feeling like its being played at slowmo

>promises a SotN spiritual successor
>delivers
>HAHA YOU FAGGOTS GOT RIPPED OFF

If you don't think this looks horrible with its 2.5D shit, there's a strong chance you're suffering from backer's remorse.

>>promises a SotN spiritual successor
but the faggot already released better sequels to it. and on portables no less!

>but how does this mke you sound less retard?
you tell me, pablo.

feel the same on the feeling like a slowmotion, but the actual speed is the same

the real problem isn't the screen size, but the animation, you can make things in games move slowly and at the same time giving themfast animation, so you won't perceive as slow as they are
in Bloodstainded it's the opposite, "fast" things have all slow animation, making you perceive them as slow as fuck

nice try going from the "slow" to the "looks bad to me". I would love to prove you wrong but I'm sure you will find another even more subjective topic for you to move the goal post.

I hope Ashley Burch and Chris Hardwicke do all the voices.

>but the faggot already released better sequels to it. and on portables no less!

there are only 2 good castlevania as good as SotN, only two out of a dozen sequels, Down of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin, then the series was killed off by spanish faggot who rebooted it

I'm not the poster you were originally replying to. I'd feel ripped off if I paid for this because it looks like garbage.

>HD 2D
you know this hipster fucking generation would cream themselves if it was just the same rendered res as SotN or the GBA/DS games, it's still a lot more work but it doesn't have to be that detailed or hd at all, just scale with/without bilinear etc

>Portrait of Ruin
>as good as SotN
>what is circle of the moon
>what is order of ecclesia
i've never seen someone spew so much bullshit in this board.

>the series was killed off by spanish faggot who rebooted it.
yep, and Kojimbo.

Again, Iga is stuck with the mindset of a mainstream dev. You can't release a modern low resolution 2D game. So for him, that option was gone. The other idea would be HD 2D, which is such a total pain, it wouldn't be worth it. Cuphead was great, but it took 7 years, and has relatively few enemies and is short. Metroidvanias are huge, and filled with hundreds of unique enemies.

Sadly, the kind of 2D metroidvanias only work in low resolution 2D. Which is why I think iga should have created a string of games for the 3DS in 2D.

>string of games for the 3DS in 2D
this would have been perfect, i miss looking forward to a new handheld igavania and order of ecclesia left an odd taste in my mouth

what a shame, but I see your point about the context and how he is trying to interact with the mainstream modern game market

CotM is in the top 3 after those 2, but it's not as good as SotN

OoE fucked up in the level design, that's what make the game not so good

fpbp
/thread

kill yourself shill rat

>hundreds of unique enemies
>recolored stuff from rondo

>what is circle of the moon
shit
>what is order of ecclesia
shit, as well

glad to help you out with those questions, user

Yeah, it would have been perfect, and not only that it would have been cheaper and faster. Iga should have made a kickstarter aiming for a 3DS trilogy. We'd probably be on the 2nd game out of a 3DS trilogy by now with the last one coming out for the Switch. They could also have also had PC ports since that's super cheap to do.

>people call Bloodstained slow
Until Symphony of the Night, the main character power-walked everywhere, and even when they finally introduced running, the Sprite was smaller so it ended up being the same pixels-per-second speed. Castlevania was always slow.

My name jeff

portrait of ruin is fine not sure if i'd agree its as good as SoTN but its a decent game even with the shitty artstyle but
>Dawn of Sorrow
that touch screen glyph shit and saturday morning anime art ruined dawn of sorrow

Aria of Sorrow is much better than Dawn

Igarashi is /ourguy/ and wants to save gaming.

"Make drumpfy a doofus again"

upboat me for the win my dudes im going in hot!

agree on the artstyle of PoR and on the DoS sigils, that's why i said good like SotN and not better

also, aria is worse on gameplay, with less weapons and souls, DoS is literally an expanded version of AoS

>and on portables no less!
It's on Switch too.