Okay, think of a game that you like. Now, tell me what you believe to be the definitive moment of that game...

Okay, think of a game that you like. Now, tell me what you believe to be the definitive moment of that game. Either the part where shit gets real, or the stand-out segment that is the most memorable to anyone who has played what you're thinking of. The defining moment of a particular game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tcf_FBbIRpM
youtube.com/watch?v=wm6FpvcOvC8&t=29s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Entering the boss door for the first time and falling down the pitfall was memorable. Or looking up to the light to obtain the wing cap.

when you remember that you win in fighting games by doing nothing but wait for the jump in attempt

that time in oot where the npcs never do anything and stand around in the same place doing the same thing every day. really immersion breaking that link is the only character who can even move around. defining the game as pure shit.

You posted the definitive "shit got real" moment, so I'll go with the village from Resident Evil 4.

Agreed

Now Skyrim on the other hand...

(You)

and makes MM feel fucking glorious

Some NPCs do move around, though.

Everything after the village is kind of dissapointing. The game starts on a high note and goes downhill from there.

It was pic related for me

I kind of agree but it's still pure kino and one of the best games I've ever played.

oot paved the way for 3d action/adventure/rpg games son, why would it hold up by 2017's NPC standards? Just look at Dark Souls, it's got everyone sucking its dick and took a fuckload of inspiration from it

fucking kids

youtu.be/Tcf_FBbIRpM

Even then barely any game to this day has better dungeons and atmosphere than OoT. People can't appreciate the good shit anymore and focus on minute nonsense.

Doom e1m8

this

This
There was simply nothing like Ocarina of Time. Yes, you could argue that AlttP was better in several aspects, but this was one of the first, if not THE first, open ended fully 3D adventure game. It was a big deal, and for good reason. This was way before Morrowind and games alike.

So why did Ganondorf let the Kakariko Village relatively unscathed but destroyed most of Castle Town and all of Hyrule Castle?

this right here

This

also OoT is still a lot more fun than Todd's games with their ''lifelike'' NPC's and their IMMERSIVE DIALOGUES

example: youtube.com/watch?v=wm6FpvcOvC8&t=29s

the first fucking boss. designed to kill you right off, but still beatable.

e3m1 imo

SMT IV and SJ is full of it.

>oot paved the way for 3d action/adventure/rpg games
You're thinking of Ultima VII and Ultima Underworld. While we're on the subject, Ultima 1 paved the way for Zelda 1 by being the first ever open-world game, as well as influencing every single RPG ever made.

OoT is one of my fav games and the defining moment in that is when you first ift the master sword and become an adult I never knew about adut link so it was amazing at the time.

I didn't think I had to precise I wasn't talking about top-down arpg's

But no, I wasn't thinking of Ultima at all.

>N..nani?!?

>rtcw
The very first electric ubersoldier.

can I get a spoonful of that nani meme please?

Man, Chrono Trigger is such a masterpiece. I remember hearing about how dope it was for years, but I never got a chance to play it. When I finally got a chance to play it later I was expecting an overhyped relic of a game, but no, it was still amazing. Just fucking good. May be the best JRPG to this date in fact.

Fuck.

Chrono Trigger is the only wrpg I genuinely liked. More than that, I loved it. I adored it. It was such a powerful adventure, from start to finish. Something truly beautiful, something so incredible, I can still be moved to emotions just by listening to that music.

People say FF 6 is equal to Chrono Trigger, but it isn't. I've played both. FF 6 is a boring chore with stupid storytelling and an arguably decent villain. Chrono Trigger is a fucking adventure, man.

>wrpg

> t.odd

so that is what a successful date lo oks like I have a lot to learn

Well, considering there's plenty more fish in the sea, it sure is a successful date.