I think OP means press checks.

Killing Floor 2
uhhh

>Red Orchestra 2
>Rising Storm
>Rising Storm 2
>Deus Ex: HR
>Killing Floor 2

they do it for the handguns in resident evil 6, nothing that dropping the mag and doing a quick round count through the peepholes wouldn't do though.

re6 and receiver are the only 2 i know of

>KF2
Oh, I remember. When you try to reload on a full load, right?

i think shadow warrior 1 remake does

i always thought it was brass check, now i feel dumb

there's animations for every weapon if you do that, including melee
pressing it actually wipes the blood off a melee weapon and then pressing it again does an animation

speaking of checking ammo, is there any game that makes you lose a round if you press reload with a round in the chamber and a full mag? like your character tries to chamber and ejects a round

>what made it so popular
John Wick 2

youtu.be/dura7KDOthA?t=985
Yeah.

you can check it in tarkov

I can only think of MGS4; snake always operates the charging handle on any reload; if a round is chambered, you can see it eject.

I legit thought keeanu reeves was dead or out of acting. Movie looks like a shitty wanna be hard-boiled.

better question is what games let you +1

I know MGSV does, pretty sure the earlier games do as well

depends if the weapon is open or closed bolt firing.

it's great action schlock, nothing you have to think about too hard except appreciate the operational operations and expertly choreographed fight scenes

>game has manual bolt action

The only thing I don't like about +1 in games is that after an empty reload, I tactical reload straight after for that +1 which is time consuming. Yes I'm autistic.

Yeah well check my 5

Flavor of the month is gross motor movement and constant visual confirmation of stuff
Looks tacticool
Is a simple action that can be animation filler for vidya

It's a fine movie and nothing like Hard Boiled. First one is better since the 2nd one goes too crazy and action-hero for my tastes.

>game has emergency reload

I learned to do brass checks in the marines.

>game has progressive reloads

where you drop a mag, take another action (environmental action / swap weapons), and then switch back to your primary, and you continue the reload from where you left off, ie inserting mag, dropping bolt, racking, etc.

this is truly the next step in firearms vidya. it should be a staple.

No More Room In Hell
Killing Floor 2
Red Orchesta 2
Rising Storm
Deus Ex Human Revolutuion

You can do it manually in receiver, pretty neat

my fucking nigga. didn't think anyone else here had the taste.

Rising Storm 2 : Vietnam does this.

That one handed check is so fucking stupid. He is kneeling with both hands free.

For an actual operator one hand press check see the last shootout in Way of the Gun. Criminally underrated kino:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypyI2U72LVM

>play BC2 in its hayday
>working a bolt or pump action is progressive
>watch CS immigrants get fucked trying to quick-switch like they're using an awp

>Did gunfights right before a thousand tacticool youtube fags shitted everything up.
>Juliette Lewis was still hot as fuck in a batshit way
>"Shut that cunt's mouth, before I come over there and fuckstart her head."
>Jimmy Caan in his best role since Thief

We'll never live in the year 2000 again, and it hurts.

Seriously? Receiver was pretty popular here when it came out. There was at least 1 thread up about it at all times for a while.

Standard procedure after you load your weapon to make sure a round is chambered.

It's basic weapons handling.

huh. maybe i'm just retarded and missed it

either way, i feel a combination of receiver-style firearm authenticity, mixed with VR, mixed with arma-style gameplay would be the last game i would ever need to play.

I mean he's blatantly just new, but "didn't think anyone else here had been around for 4 years" isn't that far from a valid statement any fucking more.

>Standard procedure
No it's not. It's a thing some people do to feel better. Borderline OCD.

>It's been 5 years since receiver came out
fuck

Gross motor mechanics isn't a meme, and it's not really flavor of the month. It's always been in martial arts, and particularly in combatives.
It's enjoying mainstream popularity because a few tacticool instructors who know their shit endorsed it. So everyone else does now.

Most of those instructors should have stuck with what they knew, and continued to teach orthodox combatives/martial arts.

Pay no heed to the left one, that requires another image.
The right, however, involves you coming to a bind with a cut, and literally slamming your hand into theirs to displace the sword.
Nothing elegant. Just a simple backhand blow to give an opportunity.

Gross mechanics are a good solution. But they're not the solution to everything.

I think I know what I'm gonna watch tonight
thank guys

>those loud border-line unfiltered gunshots

Why don't more movies/games do this?

shit nigga maybe i didnt browse Sup Forums consistently since its inception, cut me some slack. 90% of the time i drop by its moeshit, i stick to /k/ more often than not

Enjoy watching Sarah Silverman get punched in the face.

Fun fact: She's listed in the credits as "Raving Bitch"

that would be great. but the sizzle sells more than the steak. flashy sequences sell over more realistic depictions. movies like tombstone, heat, blood diamond, and more come to mind as good examples to follow

Escape from Tarkov

>play games with long range rifles
>scopes are always perfectly leveled zeroed
>doesn't offer any 20 MOA rail to compensate for elevation
>all the ammo is magic match grade perfectly fit for the barrel

And gangster films in general.

youtube.com/watch?v=QNuzgDrUXP0

Try S.T.A.L.K.E.R

>Game's sights are misaligned
>Silencer blocks pistol's sights
>Magazine has no place being where it is.

>when you had to edit the mission because the default ballistic simulation distance isn't high enough
>your scope plus canted mount has 40 mils but you need more
>and you had to empty a mag to hit the edge of the steel target because the M107 only has 1.5moa accuracy

You're a fucking dumb cunt. I learnt to do this religiously in the Army, and after I left I joined the cops and they teach it too. Every shift when you put your firearm on, you load it and apart of the load is a brass check to make sure the round is in the chamber without obstruction.

You're a cunt and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. It's basic officer safety and weapons handling for anyone on active duty.

Load your weapon
is it in battery?
yes?
then it's unobstructed

press checks are a meme.

I've had my SKS cycle without managing to pick up the next bullet. Its rare, but worth double-checking.

>when you post that shit in every thread

>but worth double-checking.
why? are you going to press check after every discharge?

failure to feed is a malfunction, how will a press check help you?

I carry a gun every time I go out. You can see, hear, and feel the difference between a empty rack and loading a cartridge.

This is the first time I've posted this one?

Not after every discharge, but if I fire it, then go a while before using it again, I may as well double check. It takes one second, and I'd rather look and it be there, than not look and have it not be there.

Sure, I agree.

Just to clarify, my point was that you should know what condition your weapon is in before you have to use it. Drawing your weapon and doing a press check before discharging is a dingus move.

this shit is awesome. too bad i spoiled myself watching the whole thing.

>this one
>specifically

>I carry a gun every time I go out

Please link to the archive where I have posted anything like it on Sup Forums.

>he dosent know
yeah try to check the archive buddy

So use fireden.

>not knowing about firedens voting and clearing

But you just said I posted it in every thread. How can you not find one from recently?

>I carry a gun every time I go out.
are you in somalia?