Was the giraffe bj game really that bad?

Was the giraffe bj game really that bad?

What is that logo actually supposed to be?

"6"

It was pretty low quality overall but the changes to the melee and movement system are pretty neat. Shame that most of the campaigns don't really make use of those changes.

Mercenaries is fun as fuck when dodging, rolling around, and countering. Story is meh, but gives a good laugh.

Yes

I had to play it because i was infatuated with Sherry when i was 9 and spent my young years drynutting to her and had to experince her all grown up just as i had become.

This scene was a very tender moment for me. I was genuinly flushed by it.

Nah, RE6 is a fine game. People here are just autistic who miss their tank controls and fixed cameras

It has some of the worst controls of a third person shooter

Yes, it's pretty terrible.

>worst
>not best
Brainlet alert

the controls were absolute dogshit compared to RE4 and 5

Why?

you kept on sticking to things for no fucking reason and all the fancy dodges never fucking worked.

It was so bad I could not beat Leon's story

because of the shitty cover system, inventory system, sliding/crouching

Well i have not played the game yet but this:

>It was so bad I could not beat Leon's story

just sounds like pure shitter talk. Suddenly you don't sound like a reliable source user

Ok third person shooter
Shitty Resident Evil game

That doesn't answer anything...

> Suddenly you don't sound like a reliable source user

I played the game and quit it because of the shit gameplay.

Not to mention Leon's story was full of zombies playing dead that you could not harm

The bosses are bad, and the game is full of really unfun scripted moments. Enemies, like everything else, are unresponsive and make for a clumsy experience. There are some that constantly spit shit or spray bullets everywhere and things get frustrating. It turns into a game that I want to stop playing after a while. I really don't get why they didn't just make a smoother 4 or 5.

Playing split-screen co-op is disorienting because both players are interrupted when one person is downed. The story is also unbearably bad so it's not even fun with friends. They didn't even bother giving Ada a partner.

If you can master the controls, dodging and sliding becomes very fun and stylish.

Unfortunately they spread themselves too thin with all the campaigns and the level design takes a big hit compared to 4/5. Also some very questionable design decisions like getting knocked down after taking too many shots.

Its a 7/10 in a series of 10/10 games.

Isn't Leon the very first campaign?

Technically he is the prolouge tutorial. You can choose your first campaign.RE6 should have JUST been about Jake and Sherry. There is so much poetic irony that THEY would save the world from a biological outbreak.

You can play the campaigns in any order. Leon's had shitloads of tight corridors and confined spaces to fight in. Didn't really work well with the new controls.

You can pick any one. Leon's is the best one because it's not full of machine gun wielding bullet sponges, but it's not good by any means.

>Isn't Leon the very first campaign?

you can play them in any order. I managed to beat Chris' story because you didn't need to use any fancy shit. It was basically a 3rd person shooter and the closest to RE4/5

It's actually a great game when you go in expecting it to be gears of evil.

>closest to RE4/5
>Chris’s campaign

GOD THATS DEPRESSING

it was the closest to being a good game

To be honest though even gears has to thank RE4 for existing

Sherry’s campaign was my favorite part of the whole thing

You've never seen the clumps of turd looking digested insect husks left in spider webs?

Kill Switch came out first though and was a lot closer to Gears than RE4 was.

How is the game on PS3? I played 4 and 5 back in the day and i'm planning to replay them now. I don't remember any severe performance issues with those titles but i'm worried about 6 being such a late, cross gen entry game. Doesn't help that i am currently playing games that run at 60 fps so things are bound to stand out.

>Sherry’s campaign was my favorite part of the whole thing

when I rented RE6 I didn't even touch it. Plus I heard it makes you be a mater of the new (shitty) controls

Jill

I just looked up the controls on youtube and they look like the most basic step up from 4 and 5. Why is everyone memeing about them? I can understand the QTE crap but just dodging and sliding?

Gameplay is really good apart from the QTE escape segments. Those controls were outrageous.

This is getting pretty autistic user. I like her model of Jill the most but i'm gonna have to start hating it on principle if you keep this up.

>crap but just dodging and sliding?

badly implemented, you get hung up on EVERYTHING, and you don't have iframes

5 is the better game I'm but 6 is pretty fun

Its good, its just not a resident evil.

>iframes

You know how fucking dumb that would be in RE? The i frames on melee attacks in the previous games already make it look jank in some situations.

With a fucking budget as big as RE6 had how the FUCK does Sherry’s tits look like THIS?? Also fuck off, i have played RE2 and seen what Sherry and Anette had goin on, these tits should be AT LEAST a cup-size up from THIS. Maybe even Jill tier.

it's fucking horrible
they should have made one good story instead of four mediocre ones
getting rid of money and weapon upgrades was a huge mistake and makes the game feel really dull and bland. no, skills do not work as a substitute, they're half assed and poorly implemented
chapters are way too fucking long with each one lasting up to an hour

the only things i liked were the new partner characters and the graphics. i've heard good things about RE6's mercenaries mode but i got so sick of the game that i didn't even try it. i guess the changed melee system is neat too
the whole game feels like they saw people complaining about RE5 and then decided to make RE6 different. the problem is that they removed the things from 4 that were still good in 5 and kept the stuff from 5 that people didn't like

Shut up you fucking retard. You don't NEED i-frames because the enemies are built to not be able to aim worth a shit. God forbid you have to actually learn an enemies behavior and have spatial awareness you could just lean on literal invincibility instead. Also you are clinically retarded if you get hung up on anything. Here's a tip faggot, you don't actually HAVE to use the dodge and the slide to avoid damage in every situation, good old running and sprinting can accomplish this, and you can use running to get away from that wall that you would otherwise get stuck to if you have enough situational awareness and coordination to accomplish simple tasks like moving in the correct direction. Furthermore you have no reason to get stuck on anything unless you're basically looking at it and walking right into it, in which case you should get stuck since you're asking for it.

Mercs was pretty good in it, but it was the only RE game I never finished the story mode of. Leon's was fine, but the others were full of instant game over bullshit. Also not one of the secondary characters were memorable.

I've heard it has 2 camera settings. What's the best one to use?

PS3 is the only correct way to play the game. Shit is piss easy on PC because the game was designed to be played at a shitty framerate. On PC you have more than twice the time to use counters, not to mention that aiming is obviously much faster. Even No Hope is a joke on PC.

Like her face? well then take a seat over there.

Cool Combat system wasted on an absolutely dreadful game.

Hate is justified.

How shitty are we talking about here user? You're leaving me deebly concerned

>PS3 is the only correct way to play the game

You mean PS4

Worked fine for me and my nogames friend

Good for you user.

lol
the best way to play the game is turn 360 and walk away

You should have a reliable way to fall back. In 4 and 5 you can see the enemies' laser sight and take cover accordingly. In 6 you can get pelted out of nowhere and get knocked down when you reach a threshold. And you will keep taking damage while they get free shots off.

The system would not be so annoying if you could react fast enough to recover chip damage.

Which mean either we're both better than you making you pathetic, or you're legitimately retarded

Not exactly sure what you mean, been a while since I've touched the settings. Use the laser aiming for console, crosshair for kb+m.
It never gets as bad as dragon's dogma. I'd say it's thoroughly playable.
Fuck off so(n)yboy.

Good for the both of you then user and friend. I hope you feel happy knowing you had a better time with the new controls in Leon's campaign in the video game Resident Evil 6 than another user on the imageboard Sup Forums on the website Sup Forums.org.

>Sherry

>Fuck off so(n)yboy.

>play it on PS3!
>”but user it will be better on PS4!”
>FUCKING SONY FAGGOT KEK!!?

???

It has a close and pulled back camera, i remember hearing about it and wondering if the wider FOV would impact performance on PS3.

I find DD very enjoyable on PS3 but it's a different kind of game. Hopefully you just mean "not as bad as general gameplay" and not "not as bad as Mystic Knight canon spam".

In either case i already bought the bullet a long time ago and it's been sitting on my backlog. Just don't want to be really disappointed. WHo knows, maybe i will be burnt out on action RE by the time i get to it anyway, i have 3 other games in the genre to play before it.

My first thirst... my earliest faps you grew up too...

Wait a second... “cuck”

>You don't NEED i-frames because the enemies are built to not be able to aim worth a shit

their melee attacks have some messed up hitboxes. It was like I was playing Dark Souls 2 all over game with the lack of iframes and getting hit when I clearly dodged an attack

Her head is kind of small and seems disconnected from her body. she also has a bit of fridge syndrome going on .

From the footage i have seen the animations in 6 don't seem as good as they were in 5. Their limbs seem to move independently from their body.

>It was like I was playing Dark Souls 2 all over game with the lack of iframes and getting hit when I clearly dodged an attack

Okay now i KNOW that you're not a reliable source. You've dipped into faggot territory my son

I should have known not to go against my better judgment and ask for trustworthy feedback from Sup Forums.

>crying about the game not making a full use of its mechanics
>almost certainly played on normal

The game did make full use of it though, they allowed you to pull off some pretty crazy shit. Most of the campaigns didn't necessitate or even facilitate you to do so though, which was a shame.

>Okay now i KNOW that you're not a reliable source.

How so? I was just comparing my bad experience from RE6 with a similar bad experience from another bad game

>>almost certainly played on normal
that doesn't matter

>How so?

Because you've showed your true incompetent shitter colors

bitching about bad mechanics in a bad game makes me a shitter?

RE6 was the last true Resident Evil game

No, misinterpreting your failings as the game having bad mechanics makes you a shitter. It's THE classic shitter trait.

Even on no hope you have plenty of time to react. Gun using enemies tend to telegraph their attacks tremendously by actually having to raise the gun before shooting. Beyond that enemies with automatic weapons are absolutely terrible at hitting moving targets. Sprinting towards them at a slight angle means you're 100% safe to approach them and hit them with a jump kick. If you dodge it will take half their lifetime for them to actually adjust their aim. Plenty of time to blast them or roll sideways on the ground to make it last even longer or avoid secondary enemies. The only shooting enemies that actually pose a threat are snipers and RPGs. The RPGs are just generally gay, and the snipers have that laser telegraphing but can actually aim. The key to taking care of snipers is to actually have some cover, or to immediately slide toward them to cover as much distance as possible and spray your gun to interrupt them. All I can say is git gud. I have way more trouble dodging groups of melee enemies. Also you don't actually have to get knocked down, you can quick recover when you hit the ground and dodge or retaliate.
Shit can sometimes get weird with melee attacks. I've got a feeling your real problem is being too used to I-frames though. Most enemies aren't all that good at changing their direction during an attack. If you dodge sideways pre-emptively at the moment an attack starts you'll generally avoid it entirely. Dodging backwards is also really good because most attacks are aimed at the head and the head moves backwards first. Also you really need to learn to counter whenever an enemy lunges at you.

>Shit can sometimes get weird with melee attacks. I've got a feeling your real problem is being too used to I-frames though. Most enemies aren't all that good at changing their direction during an attack. If you dodge sideways pre-emptively at the moment an attack starts you'll generally avoid it entirely. Dodging backwards is also really good because most attacks are aimed at the head and the head moves backwards first.

problem was that I would dodge but something would always happen and I get hit

> Also you really need to learn to counter whenever an enemy lunges at you.
I haven't played RE6 in years, but there was a counter mechanic?

She is a “little bit” fridge i must admit, but Sherry was too far into my DNA from when i was a kid too not enjoy her in RE6

If you seem to be in danger at all it essentially means that you dodged too late. Almost every successful dodge results in you lying on your back during the opponents active frames a few feet away from them.

You could counter some attacks by hitting melee attack with the right timing, there's an onscreen prompt for it. Counters actually give you I-Frames in addition to doing tons of damage.

>You could counter some attacks by hitting melee attack with the right timing

oh, I rarely used melee because of the fucking stamina system

Big mistake. Melee in RE6 is like the kick in Dark Messiah. It isn't shitty because its limited by stamina, it's limited by stamina because the shit would be too good if it werent.

what's the point of giving you something fun that makes the game somewhat tolerable and then restricting it?

I mean Capcom did it in Dragon Quarter

I'm happy 7 exists honest to god I thought RE was dead because of 6.

RE7 looks uninteresting so I did not rent it

>chris campaign is a big yawn
>ada campaign is a big yawn and had to be brought in because muh leon
>inventory is a big fucking mess
>completely given up the RE5 inventory system and management despite keeping the same level of action
>weird M+KB controls
>multiplayer died almost instantly after release on PC
>melee is a thing while it actually just makes sense on jake who even has his own equippable PAIR OF HANDS
>some enemies dont react to being shot at so melee off stumbling enemies is difficult
>getting hit during cutscenes
It has it's fair share of flaws but I play it once in a while, it's only fun coop though, like every shitty game that has coop.

Like I said, it's too good. It's actually not fun if you take away stamina. Every enemy that doesn't have tons of superarmor is completely trivialized by it. Even many enemies that do have it can be completely trivialized by counters. If you remove the stamina there isn't really much of a game left. In mercenaries stamina is almost removed due to recharging really quickly. The only thing keeping mercenaries interesting is that you fight an absolute ton of dudes with lots of strong opponents that would never show up together in the campaigns because it would be too hard to fight them, and that you have to actually put in some effort to keep your chain of enemies killed going.

The trailers are very misleading if that's wear you got your information of the game from.
Stupid marketers made it seem like it was an Oultast style game when its almost nothing like that.

>Stupid marketers made it seem like it was an Oultast style game when its almost nothing like that.

it looks like it was trying it's best to pander to streamers

I still play it for the RE net events. I like the psx style costumes.

As I said nothing really like that it throws a few jump scares at you but theirs only like five or seven I can think of.
Most of the fear comes from fighting monsters and worrying about ammo and health.

>Most of the fear comes from fighting monsters and worrying about ammo and health.

so like the classic REs but in first person?

Pretty much it's one of the reasons a lot of people love it because its a lot like the classics if a bit more linear.
It an't perfect but its a hell of a lot better the most of the crap in the series.

Is RE7 worth $20?

Oh fuck yess bbe what r u doing go buy it.

Eh I liked it, as an action gameI think it was okay, okay as 6-7/10, played it enough to unlock every charachter in Mercs. I found it interesting how they tried to make each story its own different experience, even tho it wasnt that well implemented. Leon´s story tried to be more like the old ones, with the first chapters having puzzles and trying to bring horror, but even the charachters complain about the puzzles, Chris campaign had a lot more action and Sherry´s was somewhat in between.There are several plotholes in the story, like "how come Jake is a superhuman if Wesker had him waaay before becoming super himself?" or "how the fuck did Carla create and managed a terrorist group afeter she regained her memories?".
Ustanak was a cool Nemesis rip-off, but his final fistfight with Jake on a rock with lava was way too much. Chris´s part were you destroy the weapons in the boat is too easy despite they treating it as if it was impossible for one plane to destroy that much. In my first playthough of Chris´s story I somehow emptied myself of all my ammunition and it was impossible to dfeat the final boss without the most powerful ammo. And lastly Derek Simmons, was not a very good antagonist.

incoherent and inconsistent writing mediocre lighting for a game that focusing on everything being dark as fuck for the leon campaign. Action wise it was good if you play it like a kung-fu shooter when you use your gun to set up melees take downs rather than just purely guns or melee. Kinda wish they just has a press a button to draw the knife thing. You have to equip it like a gun which makes cycling to it quickly in mid combat an impossibility. Counters and quick-shot make it possible to stop almost every normal attack with good timing. I loved the fuck out of the mercenaries mode. I wish they'd make stand-alone games that were exclusively mercenaries content and not focus on making these long retarded and ill-conceived stories that detract more from the experience and world than anything else. So you want to have chapter in a truck don't have to make some horrible excuse like chasing ada or running away from a helicopter to make it work.