Are you looking forward to Kirby Star Allies?

Ryan Martin
Ryan Martin

All urls found in this thread:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/poll-is-kirby-the-worst-nintendo-character.454916330/
http://www.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/pandanoana/skrlkirby/
https://imgur.com/a/OwoS4
http://shinytranslations.tumblr.com/post/141980444574
https://youtu.be/R0lwA4ZIobI
https://youtu.be/akPaMDD0QHk
https://youtu.be/w2Oa9Yc9TpM
https://youtu.be/X6TCU-_Nj9E
http://kirby.nintendo.com/battle-royale/
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aj8j/vote/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Kirby-25th-Anniversary-Copy-Ability-Global-Poll-1264660.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEiJzuXYZ98
https://twitter.com/smmrsin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPp67I1bmQ
Connor Kelly
Connor Kelly

seems mediocre
filler/10

Chase Sanchez
Chase Sanchez

Dedede got a Launchpad Mcquack thing going on

Mason Lee
Mason Lee

I'd rather have them move onto the ambition of a true 3D Kirby game. I'm looking forward to it but I don't know why they bothered to bring Kirby GC back from the dead, everyone was fine with it becoming RtDL

Sebastian Turner
Sebastian Turner

what the fuck am I looking at
I tried googling it but all I found was this tremendous faggot http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/poll-is-kirby-the-worst-nintendo-character.454916330/

Aiden Roberts
Aiden Roberts

the ambition of a true 3D Kirby game.
Kirby doesn't need to be ruined.

Lincoln Myers
Lincoln Myers

http://www.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/pandanoana/skrlkirby/

William Gomez
William Gomez

worth the risk, besides kirby does weird spinoffs all the time, they can keep trying till they get it right and do 2d ones in tandem too

Jaxon Kelly
Jaxon Kelly

absolutely fucking terrifying

Grayson Adams
Grayson Adams

I hope they use the ally mechanic to give us a Waddle Dee EX mode. Which is being forced into a party of 3 with Doo, Parasol Dee, and Spear Dee

Mason Wright
Mason Wright

why tho

Grayson Wood
Grayson Wood

What the fuck am I looking at?

Christian Clark
Christian Clark

could combine powers in only ONE game and it was cool as shit and everyone loved it

hasnt touched upon the concept since

Cooper Hall
Cooper Hall

Absolutely not worth the risk. Kirby works the way he is.

Leo Foster
Leo Foster

What the fuck I thought this was shopped.

Kayden Smith
Kayden Smith

Is this a reference to something?

Jaxson James
Jaxson James

3D platformer under a hugely recognizable IP owned by NINTENDO

risky

Kirby deserves a Z-axis

David Lewis
David Lewis

why are you so stern on this position i dont get it

Parker Morales
Parker Morales

3D platformer under a hugely recognizable IP owned by NINTENDO
not risky
Every single Nintendo IP that started out 2D has been ruined by 3D with the sole exceptions being F-Zero and Mario Kart.

Liam Bell
Liam Bell

opinion trashed

Julian Scott
Julian Scott

K64 powers suck, they are a much lamer version of the DL2 and DL3 friends powers. The mechanic in Allies looks more like Squeak Squad's approach to combination

Lucas Brown
Lucas Brown

I too prefer Kirvy games when they're exactly the same as the ones that came out 6 years ago.
Forget bringing something new to the table. Just reuse the same ideas over and over again. I'm sure that won't get old.

Aaron Hill
Aaron Hill

0/10

Matthew Ward
Matthew Ward

Forget bringing something new to the table.
Except for the fact that every game has brought something new to the table.

Jason Myers
Jason Myers

Sm64
SmS
SmG
OoT
Majoras mask
Metroid Prime trilogy

Xavier Campbell
Xavier Campbell

Did you not watch the trailer for Star Allies?

John Murphy
John Murphy

can someone explain what the fuck they actually meant by this

Isaiah Russell
Isaiah Russell

have patience my son
the Blowout Blast engine will soon see a true 3D kirby game

Leo Robinson
Leo Robinson

Kinda. First HD regular Kirby game and it looks really nice, but I don't really see the utility in the ally mechanic. What's it going to do other than further trivialize enemy encounters or basic "you need 1/2/3 allies to get this chest" type stuff? Hoping to be pleasantly surprised but not really expecting to be to be honest.

Hudson Campbell
Hudson Campbell

I don't really like the computer player shit. I just want to play as solo Kirby with optional co-op. Computer player was stupid in Superstar too, not just being a nostalgiafag here.

Brayden Morris
Brayden Morris

I just want to play as solo Kirby with optional co-op.
Then do it?
Multiplayer was always optional in every Kirby game.

Noah Sullivan
Noah Sullivan

But the computer player stuff was optional in Super star.

John Nguyen
John Nguyen

I hope it doesnt always have the arrow on the ground. Has anyone played Battle Royale? That seemed like a more full 3D Kirby game in some footage, but I'm not really sure if that represents the whole game or not.

Jayden Phillips
Jayden Phillips

Seems to be a big part of it this time since you can combine abilities and shit. It would be alright if it was just that and they attacked along with my attacks or something, but I hated the way the AI acted retarded and just did whatever in Superstar. It's the reason I never bought Final Fantasy 13 also. Computer players in a game that doesn't need them just kinda irks me. We'll see though. I still love Kirby so there's a fantastic chance I'm getting this game anyway.

Parker Moore
Parker Moore

Seems to be a big part of it this time since you can combine abilities and shit.
It's not the first game to have ability combos user.

Julian Nelson
Julian Nelson

It's the first one I'd be playing though.
What made me love Superstar is that it was the first co-op game I ever played. With two players, it was a masterpiece, but saw no value in having them controlled by a computer. Now that I'm 27 and don't have access to three friends who would be interested in coming over and playing Kirby or huddling around a small Switch screen to do so, I have a feeling the bots are gonna bother me. If it had online, which it won't, I would buy five copies.

Gavin Richardson
Gavin Richardson

what is this pinky thing?

Isaac Jenkins
Isaac Jenkins

Nah they're playing it too safe, I think I'll get Yoshi and Fire Emblem Switch. I'm not bothering with Kirby until HAL show some real innovation.

Aaron Garcia
Aaron Garcia

user, that's literally what they're doing. They just did two 3D Kirby attempts in figuring things out. Star Allies is the 2D one in tandem with those.

Leo Lee
Leo Lee

As I said, every 2D Nintendo franchise that went 3D was ruined by 3D with the exception of Mario Kart and F-Zero, and those are debatable as well.

Owen Powell
Owen Powell

It looks like New Super Mario Bros. syndrome, honestly. I want a Super Kirby Galaxy or Super Kirby Odyssey. I'm not implying it needs to be a 3D game, but it needs to be something that looks more interesting.

Eli Sanchez
Eli Sanchez

I researched OPs picture a bit, and seems there's a line of gachapon figures in Japan, the concept of which is that they have really big chins.
And now it's getting Kirby characters

Colton Barnes
Colton Barnes

I'm not implying it needs to be a 3D game

It probably should be though.

Grayson Edwards
Grayson Edwards

well good i look forward to seeing their next 3d iteration

Brody Green
Brody Green

I have a feeling the bots are gonna bother me.
Then don't use them.

Ryder Watson
Ryder Watson

It could work, not implying it shouldn't be either. They would need to make it face paced with the trick jumps and shit like Mario has though, or make the abilities fucking awesome in 3D.

Tyler Jones
Tyler Jones

ah yes, partners and combining abilities, what fresh mechanics that we've never before seen in a kirby game

Liam Lee
Liam Lee

the game is named after them, it's pretty easy to conclude that you will need to use them. and if not then what are they there for ?

Zachary Hill
Zachary Hill

Last one I played was RtDL. The new one looks like more of the same, based on what I've seen of it.

Carson Edwards
Carson Edwards

Not really. It's sad that in a time that the rest of Nintendo seems to be on fire refreshing their IPs to catch the public's excitement and eye, HAL just falls back onto the exact same formula they've been using for 7 years.

Funny enough I always thought it was HAL who would make a move before the Mario or Zelda team did, but they seemed to have fallen into the same rut Gamefreak is in, albeit they actually know how to make a game. The game doesn't tank to single digit FPS every time Kirby sucks up an enemy and transforms.

Eli Barnes
Eli Barnes

HAL just falls back onto the exact same formula they've been using for 7 years.
7 years

I'd say it's more like 20 years.

Lincoln Turner
Lincoln Turner

id seriously recommend planet robobot, its got very similar gameplay but the gimmick of the robobot armor is a lot more fluid and fun than shit like hypernova

James Ross
James Ross

Eh, I think Return to Dreamland was a clear evolution. It brought the whole series full circle.

Triple Deluxe was fine but pushing it, and Planet Robobot came out fast and had a nice fun enough gimmick to let it slide by. Afterwards, they really needed something new. the gimmick of the game is just the return of partners, something that has already popped up multiple times in the series.

At least with Robobot people looked and said "Oh cool robots". With Star Allies people don't say "Oh cool partners", they say "It looks exactly like Return to Dreamland".

Robert Murphy
Robert Murphy

that crocodile is like a poor man's uragaan figurine

Ryder Edwards
Ryder Edwards

I'm honestly not. This game looks like nothing worth buying a Switch for. I'll get it when you can pirate Switch games. It's Return to Dreamland 4. More of the same with a gimmick I'm not convinced with. People kept saying it's 64 tier ability mixing but it looks more like Squeak Squad. Tell when you can mix Archer + Hammer, Whip + Sword and Ice + Fire instead of FIRE SWORD, THUNDER WHIP, and ELEMENT WEAPON.

Robert Cooper
Robert Cooper

seems pretty cool, in other news I finally got Robobot for a sweet $25 after completing Triple Deluxe last week, can't wait to play it

Michael Powell
Michael Powell

What's even the target audience for this stuff

Isaac Ortiz
Isaac Ortiz

Have fun, user. Robobot is pretty good.

Logan Perry
Logan Perry

gachapon machines sell everything

Lucas Miller
Lucas Miller

kids?

Anthony Cook
Anthony Cook

What the hell?

Easton Bell
Easton Bell

they look okay with animals, with Kirby it looks insane but hilarious

Julian King
Julian King

I cannot comprehend this new dimension of chins.

Grayson Parker
Grayson Parker

metaknight's chin mask

Asher Russell
Asher Russell

"Hey kids, here's your favorite characters, except now they have gigantic chins, and there's no normal version!"

I dunno I think kid me would've thrown a shitfit and adult me would think it was a bootleg.

Ethan Brown
Ethan Brown

Give me a reason to look forward to it. As far as I can tell, it’s another blatant Kirby rehash.

Alexander Allen
Alexander Allen

Is this Legend of the Strongest Poyo Kirby?

Evan Nelson
Evan Nelson

Surprisingly, no. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it still hasen't really grabbed my interest.

Evan Kelly
Evan Kelly

I REALLY hope they retire the Return to Dreamland strategy after this game, they've peaked what they can do with it

Nathan Perez
Nathan Perez

Blowout Blast would be a pretty shitty and limited template, honestly. They need to start from scratch with a home console in mind.

Brandon Garcia
Brandon Garcia

You say that but you should remember that shit like Yokai Watch exist. Big chins are pretty tame compared to farting ghosts made for kids.

Owen Peterson
Owen Peterson

Is the All-Star Ally fascist Italy?
Is Kirby a metaphor for WWII Japan?

Grayson Stewart
Grayson Stewart

they made Meta Knight's eyes yellow in robobot
did they ever explain why?

Christian Ramirez
Christian Ramirez

it's pretty easy to conclude that you will need to use them.
You won't.

Grayson Howard
Grayson Howard

I think it was simply "we just thought the yellow looked better on a 3D model"

Jose Rodriguez
Jose Rodriguez

New Super Mario Bros. syndrome
yup, that's the perfect way to describe it, and we're currently on NSMB2 phase

Jack Parker
Jack Parker

maybe a 2D - 3D middle ground could be reached?

Eli Taylor
Eli Taylor

kirby64 style level design pleeeease

Nicholas Bennett
Nicholas Bennett

The director just "thought it looked better", but it was probably just because he wanted complete homogeneity and consistency, so it was as obvious and recognizable as possible that it was indeed Meta Knight. Remember he wasn't wearing his normal mask. It's a shame, because I liked the white eyes, it added a bit more mystery to the character and added a bit more magic to his mask.

Julian Lopez
Julian Lopez

You're going to really enjoy Robobot, especially after Triple Deluxe.

Grayson Morales
Grayson Morales

how about, the regular levels being 2.5D and they Hypernova / Ultra Abilities / Robobot stage gimmick could be full 3D platforming, but I don't think anybody would be able to make that work without messing it up 3D Sonic style, so meh

Jaxson Russell
Jaxson Russell

I don't see how you can see Return to Dram Land as an evolution, what exactly evolved? It has the same formula as Adventure, the same gameplay as Super Star, even simpler multiplayer than Super Star had, and lacks a lot of the good features games like 64 and Squeak Squad had. The most it does is ass 2 more players than Super Star and DL3 had, and add those gimmick super abilities.

Jacob Perry
Jacob Perry

I guess they mean how the RtDL game are more story based and the end level "fuck you" powers? beats me

Brody Lewis
Brody Lewis

i thought this said shekkel planet 3

Matthew Cruz
Matthew Cruz

who didn't

Aiden Miller
Aiden Miller

Kirby needs to mix it up. I'm sick of Return to Dreamland being modded and edited into 'new' games. I'm still waiting for the Kirby GCN game we still didn't get (That Switch game isn't cutting it).

Gabriel Ross
Gabriel Ross

guys Return to Dreamland is TOTALLY Kirby GCN!

Eli Nelson
Eli Nelson

Clean Kirby with a real moveset will never be a thing

Liam Stewart
Liam Stewart

its coming back in star allies

Nathan Reyes
Nathan Reyes

what i'm wondering is how this game got stuck in development hell, and why they never attempted to make a similar game afterwards, it looked perfect

Noah Campbell
Noah Campbell

Is there something particular that GCN Kirby had that these other games don't, that I'm not seeing? Why do people want this so bad when it'd just play like what we already have lately or that Star Allies isn't covering?

Lincoln Cook
Lincoln Cook

user...

Jose Bailey
Jose Bailey

idk to me it looks like it lacks vision/direction. i bet they never were able to get it to a satisfying place.

Juan Garcia
Juan Garcia

Well shit. I've been under a rock then. Never mind I haven't followed Star Allies very much.

Asher Parker
Asher Parker

Look at the environments. Realistic rather than that pastel nightmare we ended up with and you'd have multiplayer support with all helpers and potentially all helpers being playable by default vs. just Kirby being playable and the other players getting to play as the interesting characters.

Benjamin Perry
Benjamin Perry

thank you! I just need to complete the last 2 sections of Dedede tour then it's straight to Robobot

Joseph Cox
Joseph Cox

those backgrounds
aaaaah why'd Kirby have to devolve into blocky mess it is now, also a more muted color pallet would have been great

Levi Gomez
Levi Gomez

virgin circle vs. chad chin chom edit when?

Jaxson Ortiz
Jaxson Ortiz

just a few millimeters of bone

Wyatt Thompson
Wyatt Thompson

crap this just made me want one

Jeremiah Sanchez
Jeremiah Sanchez

fuck off.

Josiah Adams
Josiah Adams

to me star allies looks like it's gonna be great
only thing I don't like so far is Clean's new moveset because thus far it's looking like it's only going to serve as a giant KDL3 reference with no actual new moves

Matthew Allen
Matthew Allen

can I get one outside of Gatchashit?

Grayson Lee
Grayson Lee

I can't wait to see what they next SUUPER SECRET CODE IN THE WORLD NAMES is

Evan Myers
Evan Myers

oh, well that's just disappointing, I guess I can see it though, maybe they could remedy it by making them a deep silver rather than pure white like before

Jose Wright
Jose Wright

Dark Matter's description in PR says that his true form hasn't yet revealed itself
A dark force is posessing everyone in dreamland
Animal friends actually appearing (as moveset fodder, but still)

It's so fucking obvious that Dark Matter is back. I can't wait for all callbacks to Shimmy's trilogy to be shallow references like a meh 02 recolor as the final boss.

Leo Evans
Leo Evans

Chu, Peck, and Nago are now forever trapped as moveset fodder
How does this make you feel?

Landon Green
Landon Green

Oh jesus, user

Clean's coming back in a BIG way

All of it's moves use the animal partners in some way.

Jonathan King
Jonathan King

i'm okay with Dark Matter coming back, but it would be best if Zero's story was finished and he never came back

Joshua Gonzalez
Joshua Gonzalez

State the truth
youngfags act like 3D Mario is anything like 2D Mario and discard your opinion as a troll.

It's okay user, I know you're right too.

Eli Ramirez
Eli Ramirez

3 Worst friends are relegated to cameos?

I'm ok with this.

Now, we need the 3 best friends to be playable characters in a Kirby RPG, and we'll be set.

Isaac Lewis
Isaac Lewis

Zero only appeared twice though

Christian Garcia
Christian Garcia

Awful. Another bullshit "It's all your favorites in one" shtick video games like to do nowadays. This is the perfect cast for Kirby (Gooey too) and now we only get Kirby, Edgeknight, Dedede and Mook in a bandana.

Ryder Gonzalez
Ryder Gonzalez

But user we need le epic dbz battle kirby is le infinite powerlevel god of chaos.

Aren't you hyped for all the lets players that'll intentionally scream their heads off when they see 03 despite never playing Kirby 64?

Carson Roberts
Carson Roberts

He doesn't like B.Dee
He's basically just a more permanent version of 64 Dee.

Jonathan Johnson
Jonathan Johnson

just glad they aren't dead and forgotten like Ado/Adeleine

Chase Jones
Chase Jones

Dark Matter is literally a part of Zero. If DM's back, Zero's still alive in some capacity.

I actually don't expect Zero to make a full entrance back into the series until after Kumazaki is replaced. Nothing in the series since then has quite reached the nightmare fuel level that is Zero - he's about on par with Giygas, and Kumazaki has shown no interest in making the series quite that dark. Even Planet Robobot's ending doesn't match up with Zero's origin story.

Anthony Martinez
Anthony Martinez

Clean's moveset is just kirby and the animal friend's DL3 clean attacks in one moveset

Ryder Hernandez
Ryder Hernandez

Aren't you hyped for all the lets players that'll intentionally scream their heads off when they see 03 despite never playing Kirby 64?

not √0

Aiden Morgan
Aiden Morgan

zero is le horrifying cosmic horror meme

He was a giant sperm with a bandaid

Austin Mitchell
Austin Mitchell

Shall I post that one analysis an user from a past thread posted? It was pretty cool.

Camden White
Camden White

Just like Giygas was a floating fetus that cried a lot, right?

James Wright
James Wright

Can someone give me a rundown?

Jack Evans
Jack Evans

I don't like 2D Kirby, will I like 3D?

Jose Martin
Jose Martin

stop belittling kirby surreal spook endings, those are the best kirby staple

Brayden Long
Brayden Long

Yes. Are we pretending that fucking Earthbound is whoa so creepy now?

Jason Williams
Jason Williams

I think it looks fantastic. I don't have a big issue with the modern setup of the series, and Star Allies looks like the most mechanic-heavy of the 4 main RtD-era Kirby games. All it needs is a good ability lineup and good ways to incorporate the ability mixing, and it'll be a fantastic entry. Comparisons to Pokemon or New Super Mario Bros I think aren't fair; each of RtD, TD, and PR have a lot of unique charm to them between abilities, mechanics, environments, and even story that differentiate each from the others despite the shared "Super Star gameplay with one main game and Helpers replaced with [Mechanic]" style, although TD also introduced Smash-style evasive options that I think add a lot to the game's bosses; you really feel it playing Team Kirby Clash Deluxe too, since that game is 100% bosses.

I do think switching things up will do the franchise well, but I also think a mainline Kirby game in this style early in the Switch's life with a new variety coming out later on isn't a bad way to go about it since RtD was the last main console Kirby.

These Shakurel gatchas or whatever are fucking hilarious though. I actually really want the Dedede and Whispy.

Aiden Long
Aiden Long

Explain

Gabriel Cruz
Gabriel Cruz

You never played Mother 1, did you?

Dylan Ross
Dylan Ross

and 2 is the magic number for Kirby villains
don't even jinx it, if Zero came back hopefully he'd be behind 100% completion again
If DM's back, Zero's still alive in some capacity.
true true, doesn't mean they couldn't just say he backed off and let his mooks do shit without him though

Christian Gomez
Christian Gomez

not him but I'd like to see that

kek

Charles Ross
Charles Ross

Zero's origin story
fucking what now?

Ethan Perez
Ethan Perez

Okay.

First is that Sakurai, although the original 'creator', was not the one who actually truly defined the setting. In fact, Kirby is more of a multi-creators creation, with Miyamoto having quite a bit of a hand in the creation of the character. The one who truly defined the setting though was Shimomura, who took over the games when Sakurai lost interest (which was *very* early ; after Kirby Adventure, the second game in the serie). Sakurai then worked on side-games only (Super Star was originally a side-game, not a main game).

The big problem is that after Kirby 64 and Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, Shimomura died in a car accident*, leaving the serie without a 'head'. Shimomura was the one who created most of the cast, introduced Zero and the Dark Matters, defined the light/dark contrast of the setting, and gave basic characterization to the characters (likewise, notice the contrast between the self-aware borderline parody-like portrayal of Kirby in the early Sakurai games and his portrayal in, say, Dreamland 3).
*Supposedly this isn't true.

Anthony Butler
Anthony Butler

Still better than Funko pops.

Adrian Diaz
Adrian Diaz

After he died, the serie was thrown into the hands of random companies who then decided to copy and emulate the most popular entry in the serie instead of actually using the setting. This meant emulating Super Star... despite Super Star being extremely simplified and personality-less compared to the main games. And this led to the big crash in creativity in the serie as every game became an emulation of Super Star (notice Kirby stopped evolving once Shimomura died ; it took them 6+ games to even update Kirby's sprites).

A big part of the changes is that with Shimomura gone, the Dark Matters were mostly relegated to the background while Zero was watered down ; her symbolism (with the blood) was removed and she was given a bunch of 'semi' appearances through the serie. Likewise, instead of using the full cast of characters, the cast was reduced to just Kirby and Meta Knight (with Dedede thrown in) and the setting was reduced from Pop Star and the solar system to just Dreamland again.

Evan Jenkins
Evan Jenkins

The big question is where in the fuck is Nightmare?

He's the one that's been summoning all the boss souls during the True Arenas or final boss areas. There's a reason they all follow his distinct color pallet and star pattern.

And why wasn't he or Star Dream able to actually clone/resummon Dark Matter properly?

Matthew Ortiz
Matthew Ortiz

Kirby needs to do something other than the Return to Dreamland artstyle or I might get tired of it like NSMB
I like fusing abilities though so ima put that aside for now

Alexander Thomas
Alexander Thomas

i wouldnt mind a more direct nightmare game where kirby is more directly saving dreams from nightmares. would anybody else be into that or should it just be a vague theme?

Bentley Bailey
Bentley Bailey

Zero was scary, Zero Two was just too goofy to take seriously, like what was that tail thingy even supposed to be

Cameron Garcia
Cameron Garcia

With Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby Mass Attack, and Kirby Return to Dreamland, it appears that the serie finally got a new permanent dev team at the helm and is starting to reverse the decay that begun in the GBA period. But the franchise is unfortunately still very heavily 'Super Star-ized' and stuck in the past, as you mentionned with Magolor (and also with how the abilities copy the insanely game-breaking and flashy Super Star ones instead of going for the more original and situational combos and mechanics of past main games).

Frankly, I know that many like Super Star for being fast-paced and really flashy but I always found it to be quite shallow in terms of gameplay and rather personality-less. I find myself prefering vastly the Shimomura era games and hope the games will revert to trying to expand the setting, atmosphere, and mechanics again instead of aping Super Star endlessly.

Xavier Ortiz
Xavier Ortiz

They have always had story, though. RtDL didn't even have the level skit cutscenes that 64 had.

Joshua Morales
Joshua Morales

The big point and why I liked the Shimomura games is because, although they were still simple plot-wise, there was a very strong emphasis on cuteness vs darkness and light/dark contrasts, with some very nice symbolism regarding Zero. It also help that the games were on the more serious side.

Kirby, as portrayed in the Shimomura games, is a young adult (not a child) and stand up to the various threats to his world because of empathy (and not because he's a "Star Warrior" or some kind of destined hero). Likewise, one primary reason I like Zero so much is that in contrast to other Kirby villains, including Marx, Zero is not merely deeply evil but is so in a serious way not unlike Giygas and Porky from the Mother serie, who are some of the most beloved villains not just among kid-friendly settings but in all of video gaming and with good reason.

Jack Cook
Jack Cook

We will never get a new kirby as fun as The amazing mirrors

why i legitimately liked squeak squad, too easy yes but pretty good

Easton Murphy
Easton Murphy

Disappointed that Star Allies isn't like this. A lot of the helpers look ruined with the Kirby Ability hats placed on top, and it doesn't look like there's piggyback/riding on your friends.

Julian Thomas
Julian Thomas

good writeup, very biased (that's not inherently bad though everyone is biased)
I'm definitely on the Super Star side in the SS vs. KDL argument but that was still some interesting analysis
any sources for that stuff in the first post?

Andrew Lee
Andrew Lee

Well, it kind of just uses what DL3 already had instead of being base broom.

Ayden King
Ayden King

Zero can't feel positive emotion, so he's always lonely and without friends. This doesn't make him mad or sad or anything, he's just always lonely.

Initially, he thought that possession was the same as friendship, and so he had Dark Matter try to possess people during DL2. That didn't work so well and Kirby sent his ass home packing.

During DL3, he tried again, thinking about the same thing. Kirby did a similar thing this time, but instead of using a sword he used the power of positive emotions to hurt Zero, and it hurt Zero a LOT - Zero is physically pained by interacting with positive emotion, but that's not what Zero wants to have happen.

DL64 comes around, Zero knows possession isn't friendship, but he wants to possess everyone so they feel what he feels (which is pretty much nothing), so that he might not be so alone anymore. Same story with Kirby kicking his ass again.

He's not on par with Giegue for fucked-upery, but he's definitely one of the sadder Nintendo villains.

Hunter Perez
Hunter Perez

source or its bullshit.

Blake Morgan
Blake Morgan

I feel that the sheer horror of how badly Zero outsmarted you and made your entire quest futile in Kirby 64's bad ending is a far bigger punch and a far more effective proof of Zero's cunning than Marx's gloating after football tackling Kirby in front of Nova. The fact that Zero never bother to speak to Kirby and is so extreme in her methods make her far scarier and effective in my opinion as it also, in a way, showcase her contempt for Kirby (as she doesn't even regard him highly enough to bother gloating).

Another example is how Zero responded to Dark Matter's failure in Dreamland 2 by taking up a battleship (the Hyper Zone) and ramming the barrier that Kirby had created at the end of Dreamland 2 before proceeding to basically tear the life out of Pop Star, enslaving everyone and beginning to assimilate the entire planet leaving only tiny pockets of survivors over the planet's surface, the game involving Kirby helping the survivors in each stage and booting out the Dark Matters out of his home, part by part. Despite not saying a word, I felt that Zero's glare at Kirby from inside the Hyper Zone after making a mess out of his homeworld established her in a far more effective way than Yin-Yarn or Marx's gloating, the main point being that while other villains spoke about being evil, Zero simply *is* evil.

About Shimomura? Someone looked him up, really took their time with it and found out he just left HAL afterward. There are a lot of Shinichi Shimomuras out there, so it's unknown if he died or just resigned.

Jason Reyes
Jason Reyes

her
what now?

Aaron Moore
Aaron Moore

DL2 and DL3 manual.

Michael Scott
Michael Scott

B O I

Oliver Brooks
Oliver Brooks

I was just looking for this post in the archives.

Asher Torres
Asher Torres

The original post wasn't an english speaker, and technically O2 is the creator of Dark Matter. It could be genderless/asexual.

The symbolism behind Zero (before she got watered down) was extremely nice too, with her tears of blood representing her infinite, all-consuming hatred of all living things and her white color representing how she is such total darkness that she loop back into 'nothingness'. The very name is significative. And of course, there is her second appearance as a fallen angel, one of the most impressive and iconic bosses in the serie (with a matching battle theme).

All of this while portraying Kirby as genuinely innocent and empathic and with a cast that was definitely geared more toward the friendly, cute side than Meta Knight's rather hit-and-miss emphasis on coolness.

It made for a very interesting and frankly, unique contrast as Zero and the Dark Matters were not merely the villains, they were the outright antithesis of the setting ; there is a reason why the conflict between Kirby and Zero is often compared to Ness's own struggle against Giygas. The contrast is similar, in a way. And it is one that should have been embrassed in my opinion ; most series either choose to be completely cute or completely dark. I found that the contrast made the Kirby serie feel much more unique, fresh, and magical.

Japanese manual to be exact. A lot of backstory got lost in translation.

Oliver Martin
Oliver Martin

DEEP
LORE

Justin Smith
Justin Smith

Anyone got the jap manual then? english KDL 2/3 doesn't have nothing on Zero what so ever.

Thomas Adams
Thomas Adams

Is this the designated monthly Kirby Lore thread?

Bentley Hall
Bentley Hall

By definition he is asexual, since he creates life on his own, but using English conventions you would still refer to him as a "he" by default.

Benjamin Walker
Benjamin Walker

I find myself really disappointed when games like Squeak Squad and Epic Yawn abandonned this route to go for the generic cute 'for toddlers' atmosphere (Epic Yawn was especially bad, with Yin-Yarn being so incompetent and harmless he has no idea what to do with the lands he conquer). At times, I felt that those games felt like parodies even (especially Squeak Squad and its portrayal of Kirby as a mindless glouton who doesn't even notice anything around him). In short, I wish the serie would be not unlike the Mother serie once more (which I believe anyone should try at least once).

In a way, I guess I'm part of the minority as I prefer the more contrasting, in-depth entries to the faster-paced, simpler 'flashy' entries. But still, I indeed wish they'd realize that Kirby is more than just about being cute and that they'd, if not expand the plot, at least bring back the contrast that used to define it back then.

/autism, etc.

Fair enough.

Carter Brooks
Carter Brooks

yeah he kinda does.

Asher Murphy
Asher Murphy

I think they're actually from guide books, not the manuals. They're almost impossible to find scans for. Have this from the DL2 guide.

Dominic Cruz
Dominic Cruz

a very nice read so far, also
described my feeling for the Dark Matter trilogy PERFECTLY

William Moore
William Moore

Also the 20th Anniversary Japanese only artbook, which is official but who the fuck knows where those scans are

Xavier Ward
Xavier Ward

Shimomurafags are autistic and inarticulate by default, but your posts are appreciated. You reposted something I typed up a few years ago, it's kind of embarrassing. Where have you been saving random Shimomurafag posts?

Lincoln Murphy
Lincoln Murphy

huh, actually pretty interesting, you have a place where I can read all of this?

Leo Sullivan
Leo Sullivan

Kirby is Ebin.

Chase White
Chase White

Jap DL2/3 manuals, along with the Japanese 20th anniversary artbook.

I think he was embellishing the 02 part since we have NO information about him anywhere, but the whole Zero thought friends was possession and is hurt by positive emotion is in the books and evidence by the Love-Love stick.

Gabriel Parker
Gabriel Parker

Waddle Dee Aligns his QPUs.webm

Xavier Brown
Xavier Brown

Too fast.

Connor Edwards
Connor Edwards

H-HE'S FAST

Leo Edwards
Leo Edwards

We have scans of that artbook
https://imgur.com/a/OwoS4
I'm more interested in getting scans of the 25th anniversary artbook, pic related

Jace Garcia
Jace Garcia

ah well I knew about the "hurt by positive emotions part" but the "thought possession was friendship" part is really intriguing to me, makes Zero seem naively cute

Jaxon Cooper
Jaxon Cooper

230+ pages

You know what? I'm going to take your guy's word for it - Zero's a sad, sad soul.

Ryder Diaz
Ryder Diaz

You were that one guy from DeviantART? It was a really nice write-up, and you showed me the difference between a creator and a director.

Jaxson Lewis
Jaxson Lewis

JoJo

Alexander Jackson
Alexander Jackson

oh cool the artbook got scanned maybe I could read I-
240 pages
there's no way i'm going to be able to make it through the whole thing, maybe when i'm more fluent at jap. . .

Nicholas Rodriguez
Nicholas Rodriguez

Mario made the 3D jump in 1996
Mario Kart made the 3D jump in 1996
Zelda made the 3D jump in 1998
F-Zero made the 3D jump in 1998
Donkey Kong made the 3D jump in 1999
Metroid made the 3D jump in 2002
Kid Icarus made the 3D jump in 2012
Pokemon made the 3D jump in 2013
all new IPs like Animal Crossing, Pikmin, ARMS, and Splatoon have been in 3D

Kirby has gone nowhere
What the fuck Kirby? I don't want Return to Dream Land 4, I want something new.

Julian Gutierrez
Julian Gutierrez

I love it when things get so fast they start to look slow

Leo King
Leo King

i never knew why he did this , and i still dont know

Aaron Robinson
Aaron Robinson

while we're the topic of Dark matter, does anybody remember that one Gooey and Dark Matter Swordsman comic, I remember it being a really good read

Chase Carter
Chase Carter

Pages relevant to Shimomura games:
18-21
34-37
50-55
60-63]
122-123
129-132
141-142

William Edwards
William Edwards

the bottom part about Kirby's poses makes me laugh

Oliver Collins
Oliver Collins

Shut up user, It's possible for Kirby to go 3D, it just need to take the risk and apply some of its 2D gameplay into 3D.

Lucas Lopez
Lucas Lopez

kirby in a 3D dont sound like a Good idea with the flying and the simple platforming

Nicholas Ramirez
Nicholas Ramirez

Here's an english translation (assuming you were asking for it in the first place)
http://shinytranslations.tumblr.com/post/141980444574
An interesting take.
that part when Zero abandons DMB to his fate

Nathaniel Gutierrez
Nathaniel Gutierrez

Hey KARG, are you still around?
Has anyone heard from him lately? Some friends of mine have been playing a lot of Air Ride lately and I was reminded of him. Wasn't he working towards a demo at some point?

Camden Garcia
Camden Garcia

there was an english translation the ENTIRE time
and here I was using my 2nd grade nip to brute force through it, why didn't I think to look for a translation

Easton Campbell
Easton Campbell

HAL toyed with the idea back when they were trying to make a Gamecube Kirby game.
They've been experimenting with the idea again with 3D Rumble/Blowout Blast (basic gameplay) and Kirby Battle Royale (Copy Abilities), but it remains to be seen if it will ever go beyond spinoff material.

Charles Evans
Charles Evans

My ideal full 3D Kirby game
No run button, analog movement
-Move the camera wherever you want to
For powers, each unused face button uses different attacks for multi-move abilities to translate to 3D
-Limited flight like 64 and Air Ride
Levels are designed both vertically and horizontally with flight in mind, they should be big playgrounds with plenty to accomplish, branches, and a few "end" points
-Some returning locations. DL1/2/3's, KA's, and SS's locations should be the template of bringing Dream Land to life
KDL3-tier and Epic Yarn-tier side/background characters that behave like NPCs in OoT or Shenmue, to make the word feel alive and to open up side-goal potential. Kirby's world is full of cute characters, it would be nice to have some interaction with them
-Dedede, Meta Knight, and DL1 bosses can be found and fought/interacted with in the game if you know where to look, but focus on new characters and new villains.
Kirby's color scheme changes with certain powers
-Multi-move abilities
The original 3 DL2 friends with Kirby's multi-move powers
-Riding Rick grants quicker running, immunity to slippery surfaces, and wall-jumps, but you're a bigger target with less precise attacks
Riding Coo grants maneuverability in the air, and you can go higher and stay in the air longer, but it's harder to master the controls and again you're a bigger target. Slower than Kirby on the ground.
-Kine makes swimming fast and easy, his powers are strong, but he's clumsy and weaker on land. Jumps well enough though
Not a huge amount of copy abilities, avoiding redundant ones, but the ones that are in the game can be leveled up several times as you progress and each power is versatile (kinda like a certain other game)
-Bonus hats/weapons, decorations, color spray cans, and Gooey can be found in treasure chests throughout the game.
Art/atmosphere somewhere between Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Kirby Super Star

Connor King
Connor King

man kirby is always changing in game with the spin-off and theme the regular ganes Look triple D and robobot they are diferent

Robert Cook
Robert Cook

it just need to take the risk and apply some of its 2D gameplay into 3D.
You mean it needs to take the risk, re-think, and adjust Kirby's conventions for the 3D plain and add more nuance like Mario 64 did for Mario, not do whatever the 3D GCN prototype and Blowout Blast did.

Jordan Reed
Jordan Reed

is that one of those cursed images?

Brody Harris
Brody Harris

If they ever decided to make a full 3D Kirby, I don't know how they'd make it work without the Milky Way Wishes power up system, I don't know why but I feel like inhale would be clunky is a 3 dimensional environment

Jordan Collins
Jordan Collins

Ever play Galaxy 2? Kirby's inhale should work like Yoshi's lick.

Zachary Hughes
Zachary Hughes

Not mentioning Rainbow Curse, despite having everything except gameplay going for it.

Jackson Butler
Jackson Butler

works well for blowout blast, besides they could add inhale aiming so you can eat things slightly above you.

Julian Rodriguez
Julian Rodriguez

get ready for the true arena that shit is hard as fuck
ls a pretty fun game

Aiden Williams
Aiden Williams

are you that user that played though triple deluxe in that other thread? if so did you complete dedede tour and both arena's?

James Miller
James Miller

Waddle Dee turns into Waddle Doo when posessed by Dark Matter
Waddle Doo has one eye and attacks with beams
Kracko makes Waddle Doos
both dark matter and Kracko attack with lightning beams
HMMMMMM totally not thinking of this because I saw some Kracko x Dark Matter stuff and was trying to figure out how the two were similar enough for them to be shipped

Ayden Reed
Ayden Reed

Kirby is, in my opinion, quite Taoist in essence-- Tao, meaning he embodies many of the traits of the ancient Chinese Way. For example, in his modest appearance, Kirby is small, pink, and always wears a happy face (disregarding American Box-arts). His cute exterior masks his true inner potential and ferocious skills/appetite- much like how a true master of martial arts does not go around starting fights, both paths are the key to a long, happy life. He is an entity composed of opposite energies and can produce the Five Elements: Kirby can be cold as ice, hot as fire, quick as lightning, still as stone, soft as a cloud- or sharp as needles. One of Kirby's most famous skills is the ability to inhale enemies and their attacks, and either copy them, or spit them back out as stars. This technique is certainly very similar to TaiChi, where the opponent's force is used against them. The way Kirby gains abilities can be thought of as the potential each of us has within ourselves- we have the chi to become anything we set our minds to, with proper direction and diligence. Kirby is round and simple- a symbolic representation of the cycle of life and the genuine nature of all things. Kirby has good morals (De), always helping those who come to him in need, and often making friends, going so far as to convert former enemies into friends through pure will and good-character. Finally, both he and Dedede know the value of Wu Wei: despite his fame and power, Kirby prefers to live the lazy lifestyle in the amazingly peaceful Dream Land, where the King rules by doing absolutely nothing. Yes, Kirby's world is full of valuable lessons we can all apply to ourselves, if one is willing to delve deeper than the surface of this subtly philosophical series.

Brayden Campbell
Brayden Campbell

yes I am! Dark Meta Knight came out of nowhere and I was pleasantly surprised

Jonathan Bailey
Jonathan Bailey

It made the Super Star gameplay, more noticeably its single ability multiple moveset, a mainstay as opposed to the last new Kirby game that was Squeak Squad. Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad used the Nightmare in Dreamland engine, which had Kirby lose his ability in one hit and with most copy ability having a single move. Super Star Ultra helped bring back interest in regards to how he was played which was very different compared to the previous titles and Return to Dreamland was an entire new adventure using Super Star's gameplay.

Matthew King
Matthew King

What if Galacta Knight is Bandana Waddle Dee?

Angel Cook
Angel Cook

Waddle Doo is a state of enlightenment, all Waddle Dee's have latent powers given to them by their creator and deity Kracko. Some are created to have full access to their abilities from the start of their lives, others are created as Waddle Dees, who are usually lazy and clumsy, but also learn the meaning of hard work and in doing so can accomplish greater feats than their enlightened brothers tend to accomplish.

Asher Edwards
Asher Edwards

if you liked that then you'll love the extra mode in robobot, I won't spoil who shows up.

robobots finale is even more hype and absolutely insane.

Jace Parker
Jace Parker

Make it more about exploration, finding treasures, and fighting enemies using whatever copy ability you like. Like the Great Cave Offensive.

Austin Reyes
Austin Reyes

it did what another game did
Really pushing the envelope.

Dominic Martinez
Dominic Martinez

that sound more likeable something like kirbylunker with rolling rock and all

Cameron Edwards
Cameron Edwards

No idea, hopefully we'll get a response from him in about 3-4 months. Usually.

Aiden Richardson
Aiden Richardson

that was really nice
thank you for sharing user

Luke Thomas
Luke Thomas

Then again, that other Waddle Doo didn't use laser beams.

It started the trend of merging the Collectible/Macguffin based gameplay of the Shimomoura games with the Super Star-esque gameplay of the Sakurai games

Blake Wilson
Blake Wilson

I love this, not many fanarts pay attention to the details in these games, you'd usually see them make Dark Matter's cloak and visor as a transformation, and make his purple ball form his base form.

Hunter Lopez
Hunter Lopez

We'll never have a full on Kirby Smash game
It'll never have Sectonia as a playable character
Kirby won't be able to fully copy the move sets of each playable villain
It sucks, guys.

Kayden King
Kayden King

restating your point will not make it any more valid.

Connor Young
Connor Young

Whoever mains Yin-Yarn can fuck off, playing as Meta Knight against that shitlord is a nightmare.

Landon Lee
Landon Lee

start up Robobot
10/10 music already
yep, i'm definitely going to enjoy this
I've always loved the word Macguffin
oh hey I remember this! I love reading this every once in a while, it's so gooodd

Jose Wood
Jose Wood

iirc they've always been yellow

Juan Perez
Juan Perez

Odyssey should have honestly been a Kirby game, it would make more sense and bring so many new fans in.

David Cox
David Cox

You now remember, thanks to Odyssey's costumes, that a Kirby/Starfy crossover Never Ever.

Jeremiah Murphy
Jeremiah Murphy

is this the new goldfinger cover?

Cooper Green
Cooper Green

and adjust Kirby's conventions for the 3D plain and add more nuance like Mario 64 did for Mario
In other words, make Kirby something that isn't Kirby, because SM64 was not Mario.

Isaac Russell
Isaac Russell

nah, just look at metaknight's superstar or adventure fight, they're white
found this image while looking for the superstar sprite

Ian Davis
Ian Davis

Robobot's opening scene
that took me for a loop, everything looked so "realistic" compared to Triple Deluxe's hyper cartoony look

Brayden Moore
Brayden Moore

the chin knows

Josiah Hill
Josiah Hill

No, it's taking Kirby and making something greater.

Brody Roberts
Brody Roberts

So let's discuss this disappointment:
People consider this thing a rogue Dark Matterlet apparently. I say otherwise.
Has a lamer version of Miracle Matter's elemental powers
Named Dark Zero in Japan
Has the colored eyeball, a trait exclusive to Zero and Zero Two (Dark Matter usually has a colored/different iris, but the sclera is still white)
The Japanese guidebook says it has an "unknown connection" to Zero, but says the same about Zero Two
Your thoughts?

Yeah, compare Castle Dedede there to the castle from Triple Deluxe's intro.

Luis Smith
Luis Smith

odyssey should have been a Kirby game
that's what i've been thinking, Odyssey and Galaxy could have made great Kirby games

Christopher Hughes
Christopher Hughes

Not Zero's eye, not Zero.

Jonathan Campbell
Jonathan Campbell

Aaaaaayyyyy Dedede looks pretty tight

Isaiah Harris
Isaiah Harris

I like his theme. Thats all I can say for that loser.

Dylan Rivera
Dylan Rivera

tfw we will never get Air Ride 2

It's time to take my own life desu

Jace Davis
Jace Davis

worth the risk
No it's not
I still miss Sonic everyday

Juan King
Juan King

Dark who again?

Carter Stewart
Carter Stewart

I'm guessing that's from one of those awful sprite comics

Nicholas Smith
Nicholas Smith

You, get the fuck out.
Every fucking time, you suggest this.
We want Stafy to grow, not be devoured by Kirby.
Yes, I'm mad.

Robert Lopez
Robert Lopez

the disappointment of the family, even when compared to Gooey

Oliver Watson
Oliver Watson

Dark Nebula will be the villain of Star Allies. It'll be all about taking what's seen as the lamest and least interesting Kirby villain, and doing something fun with him. Unlike Dark Matter or Zero, Dark Nebula gives those he possesses a purple coloration and a dark aura. The bosses in Star Allies have that. He possesses those bosses because he's not very powerful himself. In the game, we'll see his backstory, characterization, motivation and hints at the relationship he had with a young Dedede.

Luke Ward
Luke Ward

You must be having me mistaken for another user.
I just saw the opportunity to make that comment and I took it.

Adam Cooper
Adam Cooper

Debatable. Ships and such are shes.

David Collins
David Collins

why is Kirby such a cute trap?

Ryan Bennett
Ryan Bennett

That Human Dark Matter being one headband away from being a Judgral era FE character

Zachary White
Zachary White

A CACTUS

Carter Lewis
Carter Lewis

Dunno but he sure puts the other Nintendo crossdressers to shame.

Joseph Diaz
Joseph Diaz

DON'T PLAY STUPID WITH ME NIGGA
YOU ARE THAT SAME user FROM BEFORE
NINTENDO WILL NEVER LET STAFY HAVE ANOTHER GAME AND IF HE CROSSES OVER WITH KIRBY, HE AND HIS ENTIRE CAST WILL BECOME KIRBY SECONDARIES

IT WILL BE PRINCE FLUFF ALL OVER AGAIN BUT WORSE. IF YOU WANT STAFY TO LIVE, KEEP HIM FROM KIRBY, POINT BLANK.

Seriously, Stafy got killed because he out-cuted Kirby in cuteness. HAL wasn't having that.

Ryder Sullivan
Ryder Sullivan

Dedede actually looks pretty good with a chin.

Charles Foster
Charles Foster

This actually makes a lot of sense. Marx better not usurp his moment knowing that helpers are back as well.

Levi Cooper
Levi Cooper

Legitimately sorry user. I'm not that guy. I was just making a "joke" (because, in hindsight, it really wasn't that funny) about how "hur Odyssey has costumes, Stafy uses costumes, hur)

Wyatt Green
Wyatt Green

AIR RIDE DEV MY 5 WILL SUMMON YOU

GIVE US AN UPDATE

Henry Thompson
Henry Thompson

star allies will be about Dark Nebula trying to prove himself because daddy didn't love him

Julian White
Julian White

I'm sorry, but you were 1 short.

Chase Harris
Chase Harris

I want to see more of that human Dark Matter. Looks interesting that they use human models to make Kirby characters back then, I wonder if they still do it now.

Grayson Bailey
Grayson Bailey

yfw Star Allies makes it all come together by bringing back Zero, Zero Two and Dark Zero for the extra mode/True Arena boss fight and clarifies their relations once and for all.

Noah Rivera
Noah Rivera

The mechanic in Allies looks more like Squeak Squad's approach to combination
So, there's no combination?

Dominic Brown
Dominic Brown

kirby have even a sex i think is asexual

Jack Martinez
Jack Martinez

spoiler
but seriously what's with everybody's obsession with him, he has 7 minutes of screen time maximum and now everybody loves him i'm still wondering why I like him as well, his character is whack

Elijah Collins
Elijah Collins

Dark Mind being grouped with the other Dark Matters
Do we have any confirmation if they're related in any way other than they just look the same? Same deal with the Master Crown, Necrodeus, and Dark Crafter.

Lincoln Powell
Lincoln Powell

Fair enough.
Remember the fiasco with Paper Mario's change in direction? I imagine that with Stafy. No need for two cutesy platformers, right?

Liam Clark
Liam Clark

Its a half way point

Adding ice when you have rock will function like Kirby 64 and turn you into the curling puck, but adding fire to sword will function like SS and give you a fire sword

Gavin Carter
Gavin Carter

But it's more fun to think of him as a trap.

Connor Butler
Connor Butler

Because it was that memorable, at least for me when I first played it. Both Galactic Nova and Marx's true form looked uncanny and their theme are both hectic and very fast paced. Plus it was the ending of the most popular Kirby game, so that helped as well.

William Lee
William Lee

he's my non binary he/him lesbian son uwu but in all seriousness I believe it's up in the air, I think Sakurai said he's neutral but who gives a fuck about him?

Camden Lewis
Camden Lewis

that's right

Justin Cook
Justin Cook

But Squeak Squad's was even lamer. Three elemental swords and something else I might be missing because they were that insignificant.
Even then Buster Sword and Double Lightsaber > Squeak Squad's swords

Nothing directly stated, but it's generally thought to be a mirror version of Zero or Dark Matter. It can arguably be considered an equel of Nightmare's orb form, but Nightmare's orb didn't have an eye or control over anything external (Dark Matter for Zero, Mirrors for Dark Mind) Shadow Dedede having Dark Matter-Possessed Dedede's abilities and King D-Mind in general from Team Kirby Clash Deluxe both add fuel to the theories

Noah Green
Noah Green

Fair point. I see what you mean now user.

I think, in Japan, he originally had no obvious gender, but (especially now) usually defaults to a boy if need be.

Zachary Sanchez
Zachary Sanchez

That ad awoke all kinds of things within me.

Levi Davis
Levi Davis

My ONLY request is that the game gives me a time trail mode where you can play as ANY helper.

It was bullshit that helpers were limited to their own arena instead of having a mode in SSU

Isaac Scott
Isaac Scott

You had the elemental bombs but like you said, such a lame way of promoting ability mixing when you only get variants of two abilities and they're not even unique or interesting.

Adam Peterson
Adam Peterson

Speaking of Marx's theme, i've had the 25th anniversary orchestration on in the background for the past hour, it's so freaking good
Also I honestly think Galacta Knight's popularity came from the same place Broly's did, "HE'S SUPER STRONG AND DESTROYS PLANETS FOR FUN, HE'S THE SAME RACE AS THE MAIN CHARACTER, SOO COOL"

Asher Stewart
Asher Stewart

Yeah I hope so as well.

Adam Baker
Adam Baker

i'll buy 5

Nicholas Ramirez
Nicholas Ramirez

Considering we had Dededetour instead of Metaknightmare, I could see it happening.
You could even make up for situations where the game forces a power up on you by using the heart-throw partner system.

Landon Clark
Landon Clark

there's a joke going around that's galactica knight is a chick, so you could also say kale would also be a fair comparison.

Andrew Jenkins
Andrew Jenkins

Well, at least Galacta Knight wasn't triggered by somebody crying next to him when he was a baby.
So does this mean we'll get Fem-Galacta Knight?

Colton Wilson
Colton Wilson

i really want a kirby like team kirby clash but without the team part just a kirby in medieval style with a dedede with a crown a squek squad like thiefs waddle dee in a little hourse would be amazing

Isaac Rogers
Isaac Rogers

see

Logan Ward
Logan Ward

why the fuck didn't they just let him hate vegeta and let vegeta get a win at least once?

seriously the crying shit is retarded.

Brayden Hughes
Brayden Hughes

King Dedede, you look awful
Well there's no helpin' that. He's back to normal after all

Rick with the sickest of bants

Wyatt Turner
Wyatt Turner

Kirby's always been male, every since the first game.

The english Kirby's Dreamland manual calls him a him, while the japanese manual calls him a young boy.

Angel Young
Angel Young

Why do Kirby games love possessing Dedede

Chase Gutierrez
Chase Gutierrez

dark matter wants to FUCK that penguin

Evan Barnes
Evan Barnes

Because he's the strongest fucker on the star.

Kirby's more versatile and has more potential, but there's a reason that even Star Dream couldn't properly recreate DDD while it could recreate the souls of all the other bosses.

Asher Davis
Asher Davis

It's like how Mario games like possessing Bowser.
Maybe he's actually that strong. Maybe the entities believe he truly is Dream Land's king (instead of just being self-proclaimed). Maybe it's just bad luck. Who knows.

Jeremiah Price
Jeremiah Price

I blame sakurai for he confusion

Evan Morgan
Evan Morgan

Japan

Ryder Hernandez
Ryder Hernandez

sussie is fucking waifu

Liam Miller
Liam Miller

I think it's bad luck considering the Triple Deluxe situation

Ayden Lewis
Ayden Lewis

Silly Kirby!
Susie probably isn't old enough to be a cake!

Brody Green
Brody Green

There's no confusion.

Kirby has never had a gender in Japan. In pretty much every other localization (English, German, Spanish, etc.) Kirby's referred to with masculine pronouns, but in Japan he still has no gender.

Charles Garcia
Charles Garcia

That's not true at all. In fact that's downright retarded

Tyler Young
Tyler Young

Well, that one was Taranza thinking Dedede was the hero of Dream Land (presumably because he's the king) And not realizing it was actually Kirby until Kirby defeats Dedede.

Isaac Jackson
Isaac Jackson

Because they want him to be a bro but also be the bad guy. They want their cake and they want to eat it too

Jeremiah Carter
Jeremiah Carter

Link to the exact Japanese text that shows Kirby's male.

I'll wait.

Ethan Gomez
Ethan Gomez

*takes cake*

Gabriel Young
Gabriel Young

Nintendo likes rehashing the main villian every game, but Dedede actually became a hero so they can't just play it straight

Dedede is allowed to be an ass, but he isn't allowed to be evil

Austin Parker
Austin Parker

just got the robobot suit for the first time
THE SUIT HAS COPY ABILITIES
I wasn't expecting this to be so fun

Luis Carter
Luis Carter

FUCK

Time for me to kick King Dedede's ass

Nathan Scott
Nathan Scott

get a load of this faggot
I'm gonna steal that fucking cake

Adam Clark
Adam Clark

Oh man, so you know NOTHING about the game?

Oh fuck man. Leave this thread before you get spoiled.

Jace Carter
Jace Carter

user

Austin Peterson
Austin Peterson

I swear to Nova, I will kick King Dedede's ass for this

Nathan King
Nathan King

I will grant you one wish...

Samuel Bennett
Samuel Bennett

I want the rest of Kirby's cake

Josiah Turner
Josiah Turner

He's presented in a masculine way. He had very masculine actions and mannerisms, in Sakurai's concept art, the human model he drew to mimic Kirby's actions was male. Even then, genderless beings default as makes in most European languages, so referring to him as "he" and "him" is correct even if he's genderless.

Samuel Brown
Samuel Brown

Nah.

Cameron Sullivan
Cameron Sullivan

Ribbon having romantic interest in him made it pretty cut and dry

Lincoln Davis
Lincoln Davis

Also, all of his love entersts have been very feminine.

Gavin Miller
Gavin Miller

steven universe crossover plz

Gavin Richardson
Gavin Richardson

I wish Kirby GCN released when it was supposed to.

Eli Myers
Eli Myers

give us a Kirby anime, except make it more based on the series as a whole rather than the watered down Kirby's Adventure we got

Adrian Roberts
Adrian Roberts

Perfect, Kirby's cake was taken to below the secret sea. Instead of transporting you to somewhere you can't breathe, I'll extract it out - that means it's time to BLOW UP POPSTAR

I WILL grant you one wish...

Cameron Martinez
Cameron Martinez

also make Dedede an anti-hero instead of a straight antagonist

Caleb Gutierrez
Caleb Gutierrez

I want Dark Matter in Smash in its swordsman form.
Bonus points if it gets its Kirby Quest appearance and sword as an alt ala Mac's Wireframe alts or Cloud's Advent Children alts.

Brandon Hall
Brandon Hall

indeed

Easton Parker
Easton Parker

Return to Dream Land is still the best Kirby game.

Jason Reed
Jason Reed

kirby quest alt
my nigga but seriously though Mass Attack's side games were WAY better than they needed to be

Jayden Anderson
Jayden Anderson

Mass Attack's side games were WAY better than they needed to be
tfw Dedede Resort

Elijah Morales
Elijah Morales

I've been playing DL3 ocassionally and chuchu is adorable

Leo Wright
Leo Wright

They also had great music.
https://youtu.be/R0lwA4ZIobI
https://youtu.be/akPaMDD0QHk
https://youtu.be/w2Oa9Yc9TpM
https://youtu.be/X6TCU-_Nj9E

Dylan Cruz
Dylan Cruz

By 'evolved', I guess I really mean 'merged'. It took all the best parts of previous Kirby games and combined them.

Noah Russell
Noah Russell

OH BOY that's a lot of wishes. Better get doing what I do best... granting them.

Kirby and Steven's planets are far away.

Kirby would have to travel lightyears to get to Steven's planet.

Explosions send things far away.

Kirby's on Popstar.

TIME TO BLOW UP POPSTAR

In order to build a time machine to go back and convince the developers to stop fucking around, we need some resources.

LOTS of resources.

Popstar has resources.

We can collect resources, but not when Popstar is whole.

TIME TO BLOW UP POPSTAR

Kirby's too settled in on Popstar to have a proper series that isn't slice of life or based on Adventure.

In order to have Kirby actually have a proper story, we'd need to shake things up.

You know what'd shake things up?

BLOWING UP POPSTAR

Only Kirby things that are on or close to Popstar get into Smash.

Dark Matter is currently not even CLOSE to Popstar, he's like lost in space or something after Robobot.

We have to get him close to Popstar.

But he's lost. But if we had a beacon, he'd stop being lost and get to Popstar.

You know what would make a good beacon? A blown up planet.

You know what planet's close to Popstar? Popstar.

TIME TO BLOW UP POPSTAR

Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark

just got doctor for the first time
ayo
I want to but I can't

Justin Brown
Justin Brown

Evan Williams
Evan Williams

kek

Brandon Hughes
Brandon Hughes

fpbp

Aaron Carter
Aaron Carter

leave leave leave leave leave leave leave

before anyone tells you about the 3 stage in world 4, get the hell out of here

Joshua Cruz
Joshua Cruz

This is why I can't trust you with wishes Nova.

Aaron Morales
Aaron Morales

going into a Kirby thread when you're playing through the most recent mainline game
WHY MAN

also CURRENT TOP 8 FOR COPY ABILITY POLL, IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
PAINTFAGS GIVE KIRBY YOUR ENERGY

Jackson James
Jackson James

What the fuck is that, looks horrible.

Kevin Evans
Kevin Evans

what is this?

Alexander Cooper
Alexander Cooper

animalfags should be gassed

Levi Ward
Levi Ward

The pic is for some figurines. I don't know much about it, but from what I've seen it's just a Kirby-themed set for some line of figurines that gives things exaggerated chins.
It also isn't Star Allies, if you haven't heard of that.

Jack Turner
Jack Turner

okay that's a VERY specific stage number, now you just got me excited
Kirby threads are too comfy, I can't leave
i'll try leaving once I meet Susie whenever that is seriously though I thought I'd see her by now, I was thinking she was the one who created the robobot suit, meh

Jaxon Fisher
Jaxon Fisher

wishes

Did I detect a wish in this post? :3

Connor Bennett
Connor Bennett

There's a line of coin machine toys with goofy chins. They're doing a kirby series

Lincoln Phillips
Lincoln Phillips

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN MET SUSIE YET
HOW FAR IN THE GAME ARE YOU MAN
ALL OF MY BEST REACTION IMAGES ARE SPOILERS

Brody Hughes
Brody Hughes

Can someone give me a quick rundown on these characters?

Joshua Flores
Joshua Flores

Animal and water at top 2
but why
one is a terrain puzzle specific ability and water is the most boring of the standard "shoot an element" abilities
what's the point

Alexander Powell
Alexander Powell

He's messing with you to try to get you to leave.

Nothing major happens in 4-3, but there's some major things you probably won't want spoiled near the end of the game and post game.

OH, but what I can tell you, is to make sure to pause the game during every boss fight including all their phases. ALL of them.

Joseph Morris
Joseph Morris

top 2
alphabetical order

Ryder Smith
Ryder Smith

holy shit i didn't even notice whispy in the back

Kayden Miller
Kayden Miller

But, I can't just abandon Kirby's signature power...

Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith

PARASOL'S ALREADY IN THE GAME YOU SILLY

Robert Myers
Robert Myers

but kirby's signature power is succ
hammer and sword get honorary mentions

Cooper Phillips
Cooper Phillips

fuck, I just opened the image and didn't look at the post
I'm an illiterate scrub
my point still stands, though; there are so many more exciting copy abilities like cutter

Carson Sanchez
Carson Sanchez

I didn't either.

Luke Thompson
Luke Thompson

cutter's already in the game
it's not even available in the poll because it's already in the game

Adrian Hughes
Adrian Hughes

But I could get a theme out of it...

*Signature copy ability

Hammer/Sword/Stone/Fire/Cutter all get honorary mentions.

Beam gets second place, as it's used almost as often but was only really at the forefront because it was Sakurai's favourite.

Jacob Long
Jacob Long

Looks fine but I refuse to buy a Switch until it has bare minimum 5 games I want out.
I should replay Robobot.

Eli Baker
Eli Baker

I didn't even realize this was for the new game
I think it's time to stop posting

Kayden Carter
Kayden Carter

how is beam anyones favorite ability, let alone the BMOC himself
jesus christ

Samuel Rogers
Samuel Rogers

You're a retard and the move from 2D to 3D has improved every Nintendo series it has touched.

t. older than you

Nathaniel Cruz
Nathaniel Cruz

Link me all 3 versions of the poll

Bentley Wilson
Bentley Wilson

it's just a halftime report, this is all they're telling us for now

Michael Murphy
Michael Murphy

I mean where I can vote

Blake Clark
Blake Clark

http://kirby.nintendo.com/battle-royale/
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aj8j/vote/index.html
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Kirby-25th-Anniversary-Copy-Ability-Global-Poll-1264660.html

Jacob Morales
Jacob Morales

Donkey Kong 64?

Anthony Collins
Anthony Collins

Nice digits btw

Caleb Wood
Caleb Wood

DK64 is a terrible game.

Caleb Wright
Caleb Wright

No we don't, I doubt he was intended to be.

Julian Howard
Julian Howard

Mario (Includes Kart)
Zelda
Metroid
Kid Icarus

I think they have enough 3D for awhile

Brayden Morris
Brayden Morris

that image made me choke, thanks
I'm about to do 1-4

Hunter Kelly
Hunter Kelly

DK64 is bad
I watch shitty youtuber's opinions too lol :^))))

Jaxon Thomas
Jaxon Thomas

does this borb have copy ability like kirb

Anthony Hernandez
Anthony Hernandez

the move from 2D to 3D has improved every Nintendo series it has touched.

kek

Mario 64 > SMB3
OoT > ALttP/LA
Metroid Prime > Super Metroid
Punch-Out!! > Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
Mother 64 > Mother 2/3

this is what numales actually believe

Lucas Taylor
Lucas Taylor

Thanks

Cooper Ramirez
Cooper Ramirez

I never said it was bad, I like it, but do you legitimately think DK64 is better than DKC2?

Aaron Fisher
Aaron Fisher

It's not bad because it's 3D, the gameplay and world design is actually very good. The repetitive forced collectables shit is what kills it.

Kevin Reyes
Kevin Reyes

Gooey has more copy abilities then him.

Hunter Cook
Hunter Cook

Maybe?

We've never seen borb open his mouth, so no one knows.

Joseph Green
Joseph Green

the music inside the 1-4 building
this is a remix of SOMETHING, I forget what though

Angel Perry
Angel Perry

No, only Kirby does.
Well, Gooey does too, but he's not the same species.
Also debatable Rick and TAC, but again they're not the same species as Kirby and Meta Knight.

Michael Wright
Michael Wright

If Meta Knight doesn't, why does keeby?

Is copying a special kirby thing, or a species thing?

Carter Allen
Carter Allen

TAC is different, in that he actually just disguises himself as the other enemy.

No one knows what the fuck happened with Rick though, since he IS the one that swallows the enemy.

Ryan Rivera
Ryan Rivera

If Kirby ever gets Wings like Meta and Galacta, they're definitely going to be butterfly wings right?

Cooper Wilson
Cooper Wilson

We don't know if Meta Knight does or doesn't, we've never seen his mouth.

It could even be that he inhaled a Blade or Sword Knight a LONG time ago, and just hasn't given up the power.

Levi Green
Levi Green

After RtD, Triple Deluxe, and Robobot, we've done basically all we can do with the typical Kirby platformer. It's seems like only yesterday we needed a return to form but now we need some overhauls.

Robert Sanchez
Robert Sanchez

It's this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEiJzuXYZ98
There's kind of a reason for that.

Benjamin Jackson
Benjamin Jackson

Dedede is literally Launchpad

Kayden Powell
Kayden Powell

they're definitely going to be butterfly wings right?

Nope, they'll be fairy wings.

In all honesty, it'd be fucking weird if he got any other kind.

Caleb Hernandez
Caleb Hernandez

Want to download Battle Royale on an American 3DS
I heard you could get banned for playing digital games out of region, is there a way to avoid it? It's okay if I can't play online.

Brandon Reed
Brandon Reed

Keeby is non-canon.
Is copying a special kirby thing, or a species thing?
We've never seen another member of his species copy abilities. It can be assumed that they don't know how, Kirby didn't know how to do it before the Sparkling Stars filled him with so much magic that he momentarily turned bigger than Dedede's castle.

Justin Bailey
Justin Bailey

DON'T SPOIL

Camden Martinez
Camden Martinez

Kirby is cute!

Ethan Ramirez
Ethan Ramirez

I'm going to need a quick run down

Oliver Morgan
Oliver Morgan

Of all the things from Kirby GCN we missed out on, Butterfly Knight is the one I'm most curious about.

Jaxon Perry
Jaxon Perry

No Jet
Shit poll and shit game anyway.

Easton Hall
Easton Hall

>like he'll ever figure it out
it's a roundabout reference, at most

Benjamin Perez
Benjamin Perez

holy heck thank you, it was actually starting to bother me
spoiler
hmmm

Brody Parker
Brody Parker

Not voting Suplex

Ryan Hughes
Ryan Hughes

Please no, that thing is total ass cancer. I rather have Kirby crossover with Jack Kirby's creation like Darkseid and Thanos.

Wyatt Young
Wyatt Young

reading spoiler tags in this thread
playing with fire my man

Ian Fisher
Ian Fisher

Keeby is non-canon.

says who

Josiah Campbell
Josiah Campbell

we've done basically all we can do with the typical Kirby platformer

I disagree.

DL2 and DL3 had a much bigger focus on exploration and puzzles than all the adventure style games do. Amazing Mirror, even if it's a little divisive, shock the formula right the fuck up. Even some of the mini-games in SS show more platforming options than just "Point A to Point B while collecting C", like Milky Way Wishes or Metaknight's Revenge.

I do think we need an overhaul from the staleness of Kumazaki's directing style, and I wouldn't be opposed to having different game types (3d adventure, rpg, strategy, etc.) but I do think that Kirby Platformers could still explore a lot of different options without being tied down to the Adventure formula.

Oliver Perry
Oliver Perry

honestly i'm so used to spoiler tags being used for memes I forgot they could be used for actual spoilers

Liam White
Liam White

I loved that Project M made this an alt costume for him. I picked him up as a second back when I played PM a lot and I always used that costume.

Oliver Anderson
Oliver Anderson

Kirby's species are pink, except Meta Knight.

Liam Wilson
Liam Wilson

*this is what adults actually believe

AlttP is literally just badOcarina and Super Metroid isn't even the best 2D Metroid.

Camden Clark
Camden Clark

So they're all pink except when they're not pink

Cameron Lopez
Cameron Lopez

no worries
side note: you can stick the stickers to the Robobot's shoulders
there's some REALLY good ones in there

Ethan Ross
Ethan Ross

Ocarina is basically just a shitty Link's Awakening.

Prime is definitely better than all the other Metroids though, unless you actually play multiplayer before the hacking in which case Hunters is amazing.

Charles Anderson
Charles Anderson

Actually, if you already finished Triple Deluxe, how was that? I'm assuming you're that one guy from like a week ago.

Lucas Butler
Lucas Butler

Yeah i'm the same dude, I wasn't expecting Dark Meta Knight to come back so that was fun, also Sectonia Soul was a pain in the ASS

Jason Evans
Jason Evans

My ideal 3D Kirby would honestly just be a cutesy, laid-back version of DMC3 or 4 Dante gameplay. Each ability has a movelist and Kirby can switch between 2-4 abilities at a time. The Arena just becomes Bloody Palace.

Christopher Lewis
Christopher Lewis

Dedede
Goddamn first buff Dedede now this. I need a local drawfag to make something funny out of this stat.

Isaac Lopez
Isaac Lopez

huh, I was wondering why they switched from Keychains to stickers, that's pretty cool

Angel Torres
Angel Torres

Getting to the boss takes much longer in Robobot

Bentley Cruz
Bentley Cruz

Found full isolated images of the Shakurel Kirby set. Do whatever you see fit with them.

Elijah Walker
Elijah Walker

Dedede is just tremendous. Same with Chinborb.

Jayden Hernandez
Jayden Hernandez

that nightmare creature from the first level was Whispy
yikes, I feel bad for the dude

Nicholas Thomas
Nicholas Thomas

I wish we could all share some cake. And pizza. Nova, can you go out for a snack run if I gave you like, 20 bucks? Thanks bro.

Xavier Perez
Xavier Perez

kirby x pokemon crossover confirmed

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

tfw kirby and mega man are 2 of m favorite series

I demand more Zero mashup art.

Bentley Cox
Bentley Cox

poor whispy, I hope he gets fixed at the end

Angel Ortiz
Angel Ortiz

oh user

You're the one who's going to need fixing at the end...

Landon Harris
Landon Harris

don't do this to me user

John Howard
John Howard

DK64 was made by rare.

Asher Ramirez
Asher Ramirez

Deviljho?

Jace James
Jace James

ESP KIRBY
WHAT
he looks like Ness
perfect timing my man, also you're scaring me, how is this game supposed to tear my heart out

Jack Long
Jack Long

Slav Kirby

Jonathan Butler
Jonathan Butler

he looks like Ness
That's the point, user.

Aiden Ward
Aiden Ward

just wait until you see the ending cut scene

Eli Jones
Eli Jones

That Filename

I still find it funny we now have Pikachu in OU.

Adam Cook
Adam Cook

ESP kirby as been in more non smash games than Ness

Aiden Adams
Aiden Adams

JUST LIKE A CERTAIN BOY WITH PSI
ITS ACTUALLY A FREAKING MOTHER REFERENCE
I didn't pause yet :T
aaaaahhh

Jose Ortiz
Jose Ortiz

No crying until the VERY end.

Gabriel Bell
Gabriel Bell

yeah, I've been out of the loop for a couple months trying to avoid USUM spoilers
WHAT

Hunter Collins
Hunter Collins

Yeah, all but Meta Knight. In Super Star they're all pink.

Caleb Gray
Caleb Gray

SMB3 isn't even the best 2D Mario unless you love autoscrollers.

Carson Ramirez
Carson Ramirez

Will we ever see him again?

Jaxson Martinez
Jaxson Martinez

Did you notice the cars the waddle dees are driving?

They're the car enemies from Mother 1

James Morris
James Morris

He quit Hal years ago, I heard he was a painter or a house designer or something nowadays.

Jacob Walker
Jacob Walker

For some reason, Chao from that Journey West NES/Famicom goku game is here.

Brody Cooper
Brody Cooper

hey that isn't until world 2

Jack Hall
Jack Hall

motherfu-
there's no freaking way
look it up
Mother and Kirby were my favorite series as an Early teen, you have no idea how happy this makes me

Ethan Hall
Ethan Hall

Pikachu now has a free sub at the start of a battle and a nice physical movepool. GF really wanted their mascot to be good this time.

Brody Lopez
Brody Lopez

He's a city planner.

Henry Scott
Henry Scott

There's a red, green, blue, gray, white and yellow kirby

Brody Hughes
Brody Hughes

Mother and Kirby were my favorite series as an Early teen, you have no idea how happy this makes me
Brother from another mother you fucker.

Btw, a lot of Ape employees (people who made Mother) went on to work for Hal later, so that might help to explain a bit.

Landon White
Landon White

cheeky little devil

Jack Fisher
Jack Fisher

you have to wonder why he made such a drastic change in career.

Justin Jenkins
Justin Jenkins

That picture is of Shigesato Itoi
We don't know what happened to Shimomura, any of the people you can find on google with the same name seemingly have no connection.
There isn't really evidence of his existence outside of the credits in his games.

Cameron Bennett
Cameron Bennett

Hal also worked on the mother series as well so they can get away with cheeky references.

Michael Richardson
Michael Richardson

I don't know if i'm just getting better or if the canon game at the end of every stage is just easier in Robobot
the more mother recognition the better

Jackson Morgan
Jackson Morgan

Switching between abilities sounds way more fun if done like in Milky Way Wishes. It would be even cooler if you could combine three abilities to make powers that resemble other vidya characters.

Jaxon Turner
Jaxon Turner

asshole's been fishing
https://twitter.com/smmrsin

Brody Hill
Brody Hill

He's stuck on some mountain looking for his daughterfu Adeleine.

Joseph Howard
Joseph Howard

jet robobot
EXCUSE ME?
honestly the disappearance of Shimomura is the strangest thing, how does NOBODY have records on him

Alexander Cruz
Alexander Cruz

decide to shoot a waddle dee car for shits and giggles thinking they're invincible
it spins out and explodes
o-oh, sorry

Elijah Ross
Elijah Ross

you heartless monster.

Luis Richardson
Luis Richardson

I am loving the 3D pan shots at the start of every level though every time I get duped out thinking it's a cutscene and i'm about to meet Susie

Joseph Fisher
Joseph Fisher

That fucking Wispy Woods

Logan Gray
Logan Gray

delet this

Cameron Fisher
Cameron Fisher

in other news, I recognize another remix, I believe it's return to dreamland?

Noah Johnson
Noah Johnson

either that or Triple Deluxe, I forget, the soundtrack for the two games are very similar

Levi Thomas
Levi Thomas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrPp67I1bmQ
good call

Oliver Robinson
Oliver Robinson

Poison Kirby is cool as hell
oh cool, my first hunch was right

Owen Thompson
Owen Thompson

Shota Kirb a cute!

Tyler Howard
Tyler Howard

I don't want to jinx myself but the Code Cubes are a lot easier to find than the Sun stones, like you get the Code Cubes from exploring, not the "there's an area in the place that usually hurts you, except this time it doesn't hurt and there's a sun stone" bull from TD

Jace Edwards
Jace Edwards

Not understanding Chad Kirby

Owen Brooks
Owen Brooks

Yeah there's like maybe 2 you'd have to replay a level for

Carson Campbell
Carson Campbell

I love how just when I type that post, a code cube is just given to me, 0 exploration needed

Bentley Taylor
Bentley Taylor

I'm in love with the music in the casino, I also love how Poison is just better Water Kirby Is water even in this game?

Easton Cox
Easton Cox

Water isn't in robobot

Poison is pretty good for damage stacking on bosses to kill them quickly.

Jayden Flores
Jayden Flores

Those aren't other members of the species, that's Kirby recolored. The ones in Super Star's tutorial crowd and the end of DL1/Spring Breeze are other puffballs.

Henry Kelly
Henry Kelly

gotta love thinking you took the side path but it turning out you took the main one damnit

Levi Hughes
Levi Hughes

Shigesato Itoi is Shinichi Shimomura

Ryder Mitchell
Ryder Mitchell

Man I wish there was a Kirby general.
What kind of subgames would you like to see in future Kirby games?
What about a Susie Extra Mode, where it plays like the mech from Planet Robobot?

Brody Hughes
Brody Hughes

Kirby general
Do you really want the threads to get more cancerous?

Nolan Cook
Nolan Cook

lone Japanese man, over the course of 2 decades, scours Mont Blanc for a fictional character that he created

Samuel Lee
Samuel Lee

/kdlg/ was short-lived but it was actually pretty alright. Nowhere near as good as the pre-RTDL threads, but still pretty fun. It obviously wasn't sustainable given how Kirby threads typically work (dumping fan arts), so it won't happen again. There was a lot of cancer there too though, but it was in the Sup Forums threads too at that time.

Jason Fisher
Jason Fisher

Bloody Palace equivalent. Go in with a locked-in Ability/Character (maybe Metaknight/Dedede/Bandana/Helpers are playable in the mode) and go through dozens of floors of enemy groups, minibosses, bosses, enemies with minibosses, groups of 2 or 3 minibosses, bosses with enemies, etc. It'd be a challenge beyond even True Arena to make it, especially if the amount of Maxim Tomatoes remains the same or is slightly reduced.

I just really want a Kirby game with DMC elements guys. I think it's a match made in heaven mechanically that nobody has touched on.

Henry Johnson
Henry Johnson

you got a rare Marx sticker
GOING STRAIGHT ONTO MY ROBOBOT SUIT YEEEESSSSSS

Carson Ward
Carson Ward

I'd like a 3D Kirby game to play more like City Trial when you're just running around.

Leo Wood
Leo Wood

a passionate dev like the Smash Flash 2 devs or Air Ride Guy will never make a kirby themed smash bros

ITS ALL I WANT. I'D PAY FUCKING MONEY FOR IT

Owen Miller
Owen Miller

WHY DO I KEEP MISSING KIRBY THREADS FUCK
Wasn't /kdlg/ mostly just a way for ARG to keep us updated?

Aiden Richardson
Aiden Richardson

Holo defense API
Holo Kracko
Nico, probably should have pickef archer and not ESP

Andrew Bennett
Andrew Bennett

Do you recognize Holo Defense API?

Ryan Davis
Ryan Davis

You'll see her again someday.

Alexander James
Alexander James

NEVERMIND, ESP made mince meat of this boss, you guys weren't kidding when you said pause every phase, lots of good lore
It reminds of a boss from 64, but otherwise IDK

Isaac Reyes
Isaac Reyes

OH YEAH, Robobot probably has a "seeecret coooode" like all the other Return to Dreamland type games, so far we have "P-R-O"

Nathaniel Collins
Nathaniel Collins

this guy

Julian Bailey
Julian Bailey

World 3
STILL no sign of Susie at all
I'm getting blue balled here
Now it's coming back, that's Pix right?

Isaiah Wright
Isaiah Wright

The water actually looks quite nice, I can't tell if they updated it or if I just never noticed it in TD

Nicholas Ross
Nicholas Ross

7 more until bump limit
I don't think i'm meeting Susie today boys

Brayden Harris
Brayden Harris

Well, maybe someone can make a thread tomorrow

Samuel Myers
Samuel Myers

all of this miiverse stuff on the interface
I know nintendo hates the Wii U, I don't blame them either, but they really did not need to shut Miiverse down that early
Yeah, maybe tomorrow

Gavin Miller
Gavin Miller

there are 5 little drills on the machine, and I bet the main machine itself is a world too, so what's a 6 letter word that starts with pro…

Jaxon Cooper
Jaxon Cooper

all the words i'm thinking of have 7-8 letters
hmm, I wonder if there's room for a 7th or 8th world on this map, maybe it's a Halcandra situation?

Christopher Jenkins
Christopher Jenkins

Have you guys seen the best costume in Battle Royale? At least, to my knowledge.
Legitimate spoilers in the pic by the way, not story based, but still.

Michael Howard
Michael Howard

Fine Fields
Lollipop Land
Old Odyssey
Wild World
Endless Explosions
Royal Road
>Eternal Dreamland
FLOWERED was the Triple Deluxe word

Colton Davis
Colton Davis

I hope Star Allies' opening cutscene is half as good as Robobot's good god I wasn't expecting that when I started up the game

Jason Fisher
Jason Fisher

The skrulls have invaded dreamland!

Ethan Reed
Ethan Reed

I was wondering whether or not it was FLOWERED or just FLOWER, thank you!

Landon Rivera
Landon Rivera

also watching it again I totally noticed a motif from that one robobot song that was linked in that thread where I played Triple Deluxe

Noah Torres
Noah Torres

I love Wispy Wood!
I wish the artist finished the one where he was naked and Kirby was sitting on his boner innocently.

Oliver Martinez
Oliver Martinez

Anyone heard from the Airride sequel guy lately?

Brody Harris
Brody Harris

Yo.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page