Are you looking forward to Kirby Star Allies?

Are you looking forward to Kirby Star Allies?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/boards/threads/poll-is-kirby-the-worst-nintendo-character.454916330/
takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/pandanoana/skrlkirby/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

seems mediocre
filler/10

Dedede got a Launchpad Mcquack thing going on

I'd rather have them move onto the ambition of a true 3D Kirby game. I'm looking forward to it but I don't know why they bothered to bring Kirby GC back from the dead, everyone was fine with it becoming RtDL

what the fuck am I looking at
I tried googling it but all I found was this tremendous faggot ign.com/boards/threads/poll-is-kirby-the-worst-nintendo-character.454916330/

>the ambition of a true 3D Kirby game.
Kirby doesn't need to be ruined.

takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/pandanoana/skrlkirby/

worth the risk, besides kirby does weird spinoffs all the time, they can keep trying till they get it right and do 2d ones in tandem too

absolutely fucking terrifying

I hope they use the ally mechanic to give us a Waddle Dee EX mode. Which is being forced into a party of 3 with Doo, Parasol Dee, and Spear Dee

why tho

What the fuck am I looking at?

>could combine powers in only ONE game and it was cool as shit and everyone loved it

>hasnt touched upon the concept since

Absolutely not worth the risk. Kirby works the way he is.

What the fuck I thought this was shopped.

Is this a reference to something?

>3D platformer under a hugely recognizable IP owned by NINTENDO

>risky

Kirby deserves a Z-axis

why are you so stern on this position i dont get it

>3D platformer under a hugely recognizable IP owned by NINTENDO
>not risky
Every single Nintendo IP that started out 2D has been ruined by 3D with the sole exceptions being F-Zero and Mario Kart.

opinion trashed

K64 powers suck, they are a much lamer version of the DL2 and DL3 friends powers. The mechanic in Allies looks more like Squeak Squad's approach to combination

I too prefer Kirvy games when they're exactly the same as the ones that came out 6 years ago.
Forget bringing something new to the table. Just reuse the same ideas over and over again. I'm sure that won't get old.

0/10

>Forget bringing something new to the table.
Except for the fact that every game has brought something new to the table.

>Sm64
>SmS
>SmG
>OoT
>Majoras mask
>Metroid Prime trilogy

Did you not watch the trailer for Star Allies?

can someone explain what the fuck they actually meant by this

have patience my son
the Blowout Blast engine will soon see a true 3D kirby game

>Are you looking forward to Kirby Star Allies?
Kinda. First HD regular Kirby game and it looks really nice, but I don't really see the utility in the ally mechanic. What's it going to do other than further trivialize enemy encounters or basic "you need 1/2/3 allies to get this chest" type stuff? Hoping to be pleasantly surprised but not really expecting to be to be honest.

I don't really like the computer player shit. I just want to play as solo Kirby with optional co-op. Computer player was stupid in Superstar too, not just being a nostalgiafag here.

>I just want to play as solo Kirby with optional co-op.
Then do it?
Multiplayer was always optional in every Kirby game.

But the computer player stuff was optional in Super star.

I hope it doesnt always have the arrow on the ground. Has anyone played Battle Royale? That seemed like a more full 3D Kirby game in some footage, but I'm not really sure if that represents the whole game or not.

Seems to be a big part of it this time since you can combine abilities and shit. It would be alright if it was just that and they attacked along with my attacks or something, but I hated the way the AI acted retarded and just did whatever in Superstar. It's the reason I never bought Final Fantasy 13 also. Computer players in a game that doesn't need them just kinda irks me. We'll see though. I still love Kirby so there's a fantastic chance I'm getting this game anyway.

>Seems to be a big part of it this time since you can combine abilities and shit.
It's not the first game to have ability combos user.

It's the first one I'd be playing though.
What made me love Superstar is that it was the first co-op game I ever played. With two players, it was a masterpiece, but saw no value in having them controlled by a computer. Now that I'm 27 and don't have access to three friends who would be interested in coming over and playing Kirby or huddling around a small Switch screen to do so, I have a feeling the bots are gonna bother me. If it had online, which it won't, I would buy five copies.

what is this pinky thing?

Nah they're playing it too safe, I think I'll get Yoshi and Fire Emblem Switch. I'm not bothering with Kirby until HAL show some real innovation.

user, that's literally what they're doing. They just did two 3D Kirby attempts in figuring things out. Star Allies is the 2D one in tandem with those.

As I said, every 2D Nintendo franchise that went 3D was ruined by 3D with the exception of Mario Kart and F-Zero, and those are debatable as well.

It looks like New Super Mario Bros. syndrome, honestly. I want a Super Kirby Galaxy or Super Kirby Odyssey. I'm not implying it needs to be a 3D game, but it needs to be something that looks more interesting.

I researched OPs picture a bit, and seems there's a line of gachapon figures in Japan, the concept of which is that they have really big chins.
And now it's getting Kirby characters

>I'm not implying it needs to be a 3D game

It probably should be though.

well good i look forward to seeing their next 3d iteration

>I have a feeling the bots are gonna bother me.
Then don't use them.

It could work, not implying it shouldn't be either. They would need to make it face paced with the trick jumps and shit like Mario has though, or make the abilities fucking awesome in 3D.

ah yes, partners and combining abilities, what fresh mechanics that we've never before seen in a kirby game

the game is named after them, it's pretty easy to conclude that you will need to use them. and if not then what are they there for ?

Last one I played was RtDL. The new one looks like more of the same, based on what I've seen of it.

Not really. It's sad that in a time that the rest of Nintendo seems to be on fire refreshing their IPs to catch the public's excitement and eye, HAL just falls back onto the exact same formula they've been using for 7 years.

Funny enough I always thought it was HAL who would make a move before the Mario or Zelda team did, but they seemed to have fallen into the same rut Gamefreak is in, albeit they actually know how to make a game. The game doesn't tank to single digit FPS every time Kirby sucks up an enemy and transforms.

>HAL just falls back onto the exact same formula they've been using for 7 years.
>7 years

I'd say it's more like 20 years.

id seriously recommend planet robobot, its got very similar gameplay but the gimmick of the robobot armor is a lot more fluid and fun than shit like hypernova

Eh, I think Return to Dreamland was a clear evolution. It brought the whole series full circle.

Triple Deluxe was fine but pushing it, and Planet Robobot came out fast and had a nice fun enough gimmick to let it slide by. Afterwards, they really needed something new. the gimmick of the game is just the return of partners, something that has already popped up multiple times in the series.

At least with Robobot people looked and said "Oh cool robots". With Star Allies people don't say "Oh cool partners", they say "It looks exactly like Return to Dreamland".

that crocodile is like a poor man's uragaan figurine

I'm honestly not. This game looks like nothing worth buying a Switch for. I'll get it when you can pirate Switch games. It's Return to Dreamland 4. More of the same with a gimmick I'm not convinced with. People kept saying it's 64 tier ability mixing but it looks more like Squeak Squad. Tell when you can mix Archer + Hammer, Whip + Sword and Ice + Fire instead of FIRE SWORD, THUNDER WHIP, and ELEMENT WEAPON.

seems pretty cool, in other news I finally got Robobot for a sweet $25 after completing Triple Deluxe last week, can't wait to play it

What's even the target audience for this stuff

Have fun, user. Robobot is pretty good.

gachapon machines sell everything

kids?

What the hell?

they look okay with animals, with Kirby it looks insane but hilarious

I cannot comprehend this new dimension of chins.

>metaknight's chin mask

"Hey kids, here's your favorite characters, except now they have gigantic chins, and there's no normal version!"

I dunno I think kid me would've thrown a shitfit and adult me would think it was a bootleg.

Give me a reason to look forward to it. As far as I can tell, it’s another blatant Kirby rehash.

Is this Legend of the Strongest Poyo Kirby?

Surprisingly, no. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it still hasen't really grabbed my interest.

I REALLY hope they retire the Return to Dreamland strategy after this game, they've peaked what they can do with it

Blowout Blast would be a pretty shitty and limited template, honestly. They need to start from scratch with a home console in mind.

You say that but you should remember that shit like Yokai Watch exist. Big chins are pretty tame compared to farting ghosts made for kids.

Is the All-Star Ally fascist Italy?
Is Kirby a metaphor for WWII Japan?

>they made Meta Knight's eyes yellow in robobot
did they ever explain why?

>it's pretty easy to conclude that you will need to use them.
You won't.

I think it was simply "we just thought the yellow looked better on a 3D model"

>New Super Mario Bros. syndrome
yup, that's the perfect way to describe it, and we're currently on NSMB2 phase

maybe a 2D - 3D middle ground could be reached?

kirby64 style level design pleeeease

The director just "thought it looked better", but it was probably just because he wanted complete homogeneity and consistency, so it was as obvious and recognizable as possible that it was indeed Meta Knight. Remember he wasn't wearing his normal mask. It's a shame, because I liked the white eyes, it added a bit more mystery to the character and added a bit more magic to his mask.

You're going to really enjoy Robobot, especially after Triple Deluxe.

how about, the regular levels being 2.5D and they Hypernova / Ultra Abilities / Robobot stage gimmick could be full 3D platforming, but I don't think anybody would be able to make that work without messing it up 3D Sonic style, so meh

I don't see how you can see Return to Dram Land as an evolution, what exactly evolved? It has the same formula as Adventure, the same gameplay as Super Star, even simpler multiplayer than Super Star had, and lacks a lot of the good features games like 64 and Squeak Squad had. The most it does is ass 2 more players than Super Star and DL3 had, and add those gimmick super abilities.

I guess they mean how the RtDL game are more story based and the end level "fuck you" powers? beats me

i thought this said shekkel planet 3

who didn't

Kirby needs to mix it up. I'm sick of Return to Dreamland being modded and edited into 'new' games. I'm still waiting for the Kirby GCN game we still didn't get (That Switch game isn't cutting it).

>guys Return to Dreamland is TOTALLY Kirby GCN!

>Clean Kirby with a real moveset will never be a thing

its coming back in star allies

what i'm wondering is how this game got stuck in development hell, and why they never attempted to make a similar game afterwards, it looked perfect

Is there something particular that GCN Kirby had that these other games don't, that I'm not seeing? Why do people want this so bad when it'd just play like what we already have lately or that Star Allies isn't covering?

user...

idk to me it looks like it lacks vision/direction. i bet they never were able to get it to a satisfying place.

Well shit. I've been under a rock then. Never mind I haven't followed Star Allies very much.

Look at the environments. Realistic rather than that pastel nightmare we ended up with and you'd have multiplayer support with all helpers and potentially all helpers being playable by default vs. just Kirby being playable and the other players getting to play as the interesting characters.

thank you! I just need to complete the last 2 sections of Dedede tour then it's straight to Robobot