PS3 latest update got hacked today with custom firmware, why isn't Sup Forums talking about this?

PS3 latest update got hacked today with custom firmware, why isn't Sup Forums talking about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-install-ps3xploit.1687612/
psndl.net/
psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
reddit.com/r/ps3hacks/comments/7f8chd/to_assist_those_who_want_to_use_psxploit_i_have/dqa9xbf/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How poor do you have to be to still be giving a shit about PS3 lmao get a job dumbass

>Sup Forums talking about anything but pseudo politics and nintendo
LOL

nogaems

You missed the thread earlier. I'm stuck because my model # isn't compatible.

Only interested in getting some PS2 Classics on my slim, since no BC.

Just buy a PS2 with FMCB. Cheap as fuck nowadays.

What's the best place to pirate PS3 vidya?

Also, anyone knows where to get JoJo all star battle DLC for the USA version?

>bricks slims unless they're the very earliest model numbers

It's shit.

Soooo, i have PS3 in latest version. How can i hack it without downgrading it?

Just did it on my machine. Funny how i was just about to buy an E3 flasher a couple of days ago.

Guide where

>he doesn't have FAT PS3

>Just did it on my machine. Funny how i was just about to buy an E3 flasher a couple of days ago.

Is it terribly complicated or a pretty smooth process overall?

I asked if anyone tried this on the last thread. So I'm here to say that I just did this with no issues whatsoever. I have a fat CECHL04.

It's stupidly easy

You literally just put one single small file in your USB, host some IP shit from your PC, and then you go to the PS3's browser, input that IP shit your PC gave you, and hit the button that says flash.
It might crash a few times, but if you clear the browser cache and cookies + set the homepage as a blank page, you'll pretty much get it first try.
You can do it in 10 minutes

>he doesn't have FAT PS3

Does anyone? They all got bricked by yellow lights.

It was a pretty easy process. Just did as the link i provided told. It gave me an error on the website when i started the exploit, but after a few tries it ended up giving me the "SUCCES" message. Right now i'm currently just messing around with packages and downloading some games (Demon Souls)

>2017
>PS3

guys im a poorfag too but wtf

I have the CECHL04 version as well.

piratebay maybe

Well I know what I'm doing this fine Saturday morning.

I can finally play the games i never had the time nor money to play. Currently i'm thinking of downloading MGS series, Skate 3, Persona 5, Asuras Wrath, probs some fighting games as well.

I literally bought a Ps2 with HDD last week and am having a blast

PSNDL has a good amount of games in a package format.
It's missing a lot of games and DLC, though.
Hopefully there'll be an increase of uploads thanks to this new exploit.

This

Mine did, i opened it up and fixed it with new thermal paste, it works but i haven't turned it on in years

What should i do with in?

TFW heard about the news and check my PS3 to see this

>it works but i haven't turned it on in years

That shit is only temporary. It probably won't turn on again user

So whats the best CFW?

What can you do with CFW PS3?

Yeah i figured as much. Should i keep it as a relic or just recycle it?

Fmcb?

I never had ps3, can I play ps1 & ps2 games on a hacked one? Or it doesn't have compatibility?

Mine was bought in 2009 and I've played it fairly regularly. Never had a single issue whatsoever.

Neither

Force it to work. Just put it on the oven from time to time and you'll be ok

I did the same exact thing. Back to the storage closet.

>12 hours to download the only ratchet tools of destruction torrent that I managed to find

end me

This guide recommends one that i use right now:
Download a bunch of packages that do different stuff, some let you view all media files (Which is currently restricted normaly), and others let you copy PS3 games from discs or and external harddrive to your PS3. Or just run games off an external harddrive.

free mc boot

Can a kind user please source this claim? I ordered an E3 flasher just yesterday, if this is real i'm very dumb.

Don't wanna make a thread for this so here goes
I already own:
>MGS4
>Uncharted 1+2+3
>The Last of Us
>God of War 3
>inFamous 1+2
>LittleBigPlanet
>Persona 5
>Demons Souls
>Resistance 1

What games should I pick up today/cyber monday to fill out my PS3 collection?

It's 100% legit. Try to cancel your order if you can

psndl.net/
ps3iso
private trackers

>literally asking which games to buy in a thread about being able to pirate everything

I can confirm it's legit, i did it just moments ago

What about online play and dlc?

>hacked my PS3 this morning
>YEAH NOW I CAN PLAY ANY PS3 GAME I WANT
>look up PSN store to pick out some things to pirate
>everything is multiplat
>remember why I never played my PS3
at least I can try P5 and Dragon's Crown I guess

nah i mean, you can do it with a CECH-25XXX console, anything higher than that will get bricked in the process. does anybody knows about some esencial PS3 exclusives? i played all the infamous and uncharted.

PS3 has NO GAEMS

I installed Rebug 30 minutes ago. I'm setting things up to install some games. I never even researched anything about hacking a PS3, so things like rap files are new to me.
From what people report here, it's fairly safe to cancel your order.

I just want to a ps3 to play demon souls then never touch it again

Nothin wrong with going back to some older games/consoles. Hell, I still bust out the Super Nintendo and my GameCube from time to time

Someone please red-pill me on how to get a HTTP server going for this

How do I even download from psndl?

You can use my VPS - 158.58.170.210:8000

Maybe posted on this thread already, but which firmware you require? I don't have the latest one installed I think. Also saw several guides, which one is the most "legit"? Sorry drunk and well and.

Had cfw before on ps3 are those still being updated?

tl;dr is it legit and worth it anymore?

Way of the Samurai series
Yakuza series
uhhh Miku I guess
3D Dot Game Heroes ??

Anyone have a download for 4.82 update? My PS3 has been boxed up for quite at least a year or 2 so I'm not sure what firmware it's on

I did it with 4.82, which is the latest.

I’m fairly sure every ps3 let’s you play ps1 but only the first model or 2 would let you play ps1 and ps2

RPCS3 BTFO
PCTURDS ON LITERAL SUICIDE WATCH

but if i hack my ps3 i won't be able to use it legitly i.e. go online and play with friends or collect trophies?

Dishonored is a huge must.

Also Skyrim and dragons dogma if you like rpg’s.

Bioshock series is also a must

just use redthetrainer.com/ps3/

Jesus is the PS3 library that fucking bad?

those are all multiplat though and I already have Dark Arisen for PS3

Gottt damn son I forgot about the yakuza series. Such a great combat system

>bru-brububud muy acheebmunts...

Thank you anons, I'll cancel the order and try it after making tea. Sorry if i'm being overly bothersome and dumb, but how does playing pirated games on custom firmware work?

I'm pretty pleased this happened, I've been waiting to play the PS3 Vesperia for years.

PNSDL for DLC, for online play you're risking a ban
if I remember correctly, way to minimize chance of getting caught is to turn on cobra mode, mount the game you want, turn on psnpatch stealth, open psninja and delete all the history and then finally log into PSN

1. find a game or dlc
2. click it and download both 'package' and 'rap'
3. transfer the .pkg on your ps3 and install it
4. use .rap file to active the package with PSNstuff
Look up PSNstuff instructions for more details, not gonna write all of it here

Mine is a 2001A on 4.82, am I good to go?

Will PS3 Slim 2002A work ?

Will it be possible to go back to OFW after using CFW?

That's bad. I still have ps1&2 CDs but not the consoles themselves. And it's hard as fuck to find working ps2 and especially ps1 in good condition in russian middle-sized city where I live.

only the fat ones have hardware emulation for PS2 games, every other model can use software emulation with, for example, rebug, although it's kinda shit and not compatible with every game
I'm pretty sure that PS1 games work even if you just insert the discs, including burned ones

Ahhh I shoulda assumed you were looking for ps3 exclusives. Demon souls and the resistance series are probably my favorite exclusives then. If you liked resistance 1 you’ll likely like the rest, especially 3

is that ferrox cfw that was recommended on some sites good?

psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

20XX is Will it be possible to go back to OFW after using CFW?
I haven't tried it myself, but I saw people saying that to get rid of Overflow, you had to switch back to 4.82 OFW, so I assume it's possible.

Will this like delete everything I have on my PS3 currently?

Translated vesperia here i come.

I think the recommended path is to use Ferrox, enable QA flags, and install Rebug 4.81.2, because Rebug is supposedly more stable.

For people looking for a guide, here's a mostly alright one on >Reddit
reddit.com/r/ps3hacks/comments/7f8chd/to_assist_those_who_want_to_use_psxploit_i_have/dqa9xbf/

So can I download Jap Vesperia and play it in english finally?

It's what I used. Just installed a small game on Rebug after enabling QA with Ferrox and it worked no problem.

No.

So that’s that? I’ve never hacked my ps3 before so just wondering if there is any prerequisite step I need to do. Anything I should download first?

I think it just logs you out of PSN.
My PSN copy of DeS is still there.

no

Yes and I use it regularly, had it since launch and I intend to keep using it for years to come

Yes.
I already played it in japanese but now can add the patch with CFW.

correction for this:
PSNstuff = ReactPSN
psnstuff is the old name

Completely new to this and trying to understand what this is. My current understanding goes like this: doing this doesn't actually install CFW but instead makes it so I can? So after I do this I need to find some CFW and then install that afterwards? At which point I'll be able to do something like download tales of vesperia off the internet and install the english patch?

Only the fat models let you physically stick in a PS2 game and play it. From there, depending on the version (literally how many USB ports it has) it either physically has PS2 guts or it emulates it.

Frankly, it's not worth looking in my book--they're fucking loud and overheat like a bitch. The problem lies in the fact they overcompensated with the integrated pwersupply, whcih you can replace, but why bother since it costs additional money.

Finally I can remove that fucking Singstar icon. It's the only reason I'm doing this for fucks sake.

wait, so my ps3 is CECH-4001B, can i still hack mine?

No.

THE MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE OF 2017 IS HERE

is there any advice on how to care for a fat PS3?
I bought one 2nd hand from a store and it was absolutely caked with dust on the inside.
I cleared it out but it's still super loud.
The fan whirred up high just being idle on the main menu.

>All this work to play PS2 games on a PS3 when you can just mod a PS2
>All this work to play shitty ports on a PS3 when most worthwhile games are on the PC
>All this work when you can physically buy most worthwhile games for couple of dollars now

I'll never understand the CFW scene

I hope that you're talking about the hackers, because for the rest of us, this only takes 5 fucking minutes

PS3 has better exclusives than PS4 by miles.

Once I get this set and up and play Vesperia I'm gonna tweet bandai namco a picture saying I would have gladly spend the money instead had they given me the option.