starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force_Unleashed
youtube.com/watch?v=CuZ59k8LlsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

good. 2 was bad. very bad.

that is a good thing

Agreed. 1 was a motherfucking masterpiece though

>we will never get Jedi Knight 4

We will never get a good SW game. It still hurts, lads.

It's amazing the story is actually canon. wtf.

I liked TFA1 and 2, but I'd rather have JK3. Unless TFA3 incorporated JK3 style combat.

Too bad all we get is Currencyfront 2: Electric Forget-Our-Namesake-Was-Better Boogaloo.

>We will never get a good SW game

>Force Unleashed canon
It ain't.
All the canon got wiped after Disney bought SW. After that the only things that were canon were the 6 movies and the Clone Wars cartoon.

I wish it was canon thought

I always wonder why does anyone care what some company deems canon?
Seems irrelevant to me.

It wasn't as good as everyone was hyping it up to be, but it was still solid and overall fun. Definitely up there on some of my fav SW games.

The story also fit nicely in between episodes as well.

However 2's story was not only bad, but didn't fit in the timeline at all. The dark side ending seemed more canon.

Is it? Source?

Who cares about canon?

For each game, there was a corresponding novel. Novel canon overrides game canon.
Overview page: starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Force_Unleashed

>tfw all the good Star Wars game are really old
>tfw will probably never get good ones again
Not as long as EA has the license, at least

It's still canon? Fuck. It was one of the stupidest things ever written.

>tfw DroidWorks and Gungan Frontier still haven't been rereleased
>tfw Pit Droids got rereleased, but only on fucking iOS

The fun of speculation and anticipation of future content.

Non-canon means you won't see future appearances in movies, merchandising, or other media.

That and future content may actively aim to replace/erase the non-canon stories.

Is this really a hard concept to grasp? I'm sure there are other explanations as well.

To have a consistent universe and rules.

For example, we know that there are no guns in the Elder Scrolls games. Wouldn't it be weird if TES6 had guns in it and they didn't explain how or why?

Disney Star Wars is not canon. It is literally fan fiction.

>The absolute state of EUfags

Can someone explain objectively why people hate these games? I played them as a teen and fucking loved them.

It's all about continuity, and the possible "return" or reference of past characters in future content.

But to be fair, the Disney "wipe" was somewhat warranted. Star Wars itself had a lot of "expanded universe", so much so it was really ridiculous.

That said, certain instances hardly affected anything and shouldn't considered "non canon" as they now are.

Like Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars series (that literally lead into the opening of Ep 3)
And characters like Revan and HK47 in the Kotor games, or Kyle Katarn in the Knight series.
Or Luke marrying Mara Jade.

Funny enough, one of the things that remained canon (yet have yet to be touched upon) was Boba Fett's survival at the end of Ep 6.
I'll honestly be surprised if he doesn't show up in ep 8 or 9.

The first Force Unleashed is pretty good. Stupid, but good. Horrible PC port though.
The sequel is just a no.

old hyper autistic EU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shitty mouse star wars

The first game really felt like a whole different game on the highter difficulties.

I just want another good KOTOR game.

Here let me hit this stormtrooper 27 with my lightsaber and he still lives. Most powerful Jedi ever btw.

Let's make combat really generic, too.
Combat has less depth than the depthless depth of God of War.

>disney eu
>first game to add to EU is a literal OC donut steel that adds literally nothing to it she just exists to be in those moments
>old EU
>Kyle Katarn had a developed character and stole the fucking death star plans

I will never understand the Kyle Katarn love.

unironically this

>we will never get Uncharted: Star Wars

I wonder if anyone has modded the game to have instakills?

Did you not play the Knight series user?

I mean you're entitled to you're own opinion but he was pretty likable.

super star wars climbing the sandcrawler was more challenging than anything in uncharted.

2 was bad because it was rushed out the door in time for christmas against the developers' wishes. 3 would have been the other 66% of 2.

Super Star Wars wasn't that hard except the horrid fps level. Empire Strikes Back... that's another story

The first game was pretty barebones, the enemies later on became damage sponges even when throwing them around with the Force or slashing at them with a Lightsaber, and I believe people didn't like Starkiller himself back then? One of the last levels with all those AT-STs you had to kill was a massive pain in the ass as well since it's just the same confined hallways and hangars with them over and over. I never heard a single good thing about 2 though.

That moment where you literally pull a Star Destroyer from space is one of my favorite moments from the first game.

I only made it through part of 1. It was shit

I meant in the future. There are lots of good SW games.

>That moment where you literally pull a Star Destroyer from space is one of my favorite moments from the first game.

Only took me 30 minutes because it was completely buggy piece of shit.

>I believe people didn't like Starkiller himself back then?

It was mostly because he gave off a lot of "mary sue" vibes, (like that webm, as cool as it was)

But then once more people beat the game and saw how over the top Vader and Palpatine were as well, they all just realized the game itself was just every character gone super saiyan.

I personally kinda wish more games did this, if not just for the humorously.

So sonce Starkiller "redeemed" himself as a Jedi but still uses Force lightning what the fuck does that mske him?

OC donut steel

Someone who doesn't give a fuck.

But you need to channel into your hatred in order to use Force Lightning in the first place.

Is force lightning really something that only Sith can use or merely a skill that Jedis don't teach? Because quite a lot of Jedis could use force lightning now that I think about it.
Mixed feelings, honestly. They had good tech with Euphoria and DMM but the game itself is really lacking. 2 had better gameplay but fucking sucked in everything else.

>Is force lightning really something that only Sith can use
Yes. Force lightning is literally hating someone to death.

Force Lightning cause incredible pain, also you need to tap into your hatred in order to channel that hatred into lightning bolts of torturous pain. I have a good hunch that the Jedi cannot use something like this without being in the Dark Side first.

>tfw had tons of fun with FU 1, despite the OC Donut Steel story
>tfw was hyped for FU 2, pre-ordered it and finished the game in FIVE HOURS on the afternoon I got it

Fuck Force Unleashed 2, how could they fuck up is bad?

No it fucking isn't. You are literally in every star wars thread spouting this nonsense. /tg/ Sup Forums it doesn't matter you are always there to spread your anti darkside lies.

>guy who mo-capped and voiced Starkiller does the voice of Darth Maul in Clone Wars/Rebels/Battlefront
>he also voices Palpatine now that Mr. Pitt died

That's pretty fucking metal.

What did he mean by this

Nlt him but honestly when will the fucking Jedi ever willingly use an ability that causes complete agony and can even kill you pretty quicky, use your head.

>66%
chuckled

I always felt as though Force Lightning was the thing that really defined a Sith, Jedi don't have any real analogue for it, just a counter.

Same.
FU2 felt rushed.

The jedi in 2D Clone Wars were ridiculously overpowered. Even The Force Unleashed was not as ridiculous or over-the-top as the Mace Windu episode of CW. Yoda in the movies is not 1/10 as powerful as Mace Windu in his episode of 2D Clone Wars.

It was rushed. Apparently, the game was almost canceled too which was why it was rushed out.

No shit. As Yoda said, the jedi use the Force to defend, never to attack.

Wasn't FU2 the SW game where they only had three weeks to write it?

Yes and it was cool.

It did define the Sith. Evil beings who can use magic to painfilly incapacitate and torfure any individual at the tip of their fingers with lightning bolts.

The fuck it was.

>masterpiece
>when one of the sections is so broken that you need to spend 10 minutes tweaking your DPI and sensitivity just to be able to barely pass it
I will never not be mad

May very well be or that may have been one of the projects that was actually canceled. I still wonder what the fuck was going on with Lucas Arts at the end of its life. They just kept canceling shit or keeping things in development hell like the numerous Star Wars projects or the Indy game that was supposed to come out.

Nobody knows what truly happened with lucasarts after pandemic's battlefront 2 was released. The closest thing to it is from the free radical vs the monsters article. But that still doesn't explain the strange quietness between pandemic's last star wars game and the release of force unleashed.

Anyone played the PSP version of FU 1? It was surprisingly fun and competent. It was the only version I could play for a while and it was really fun.

Damned shame too because they worked on some really interesting tech for their games.

>movies by disney
>comics by marvel
>games by EA

lucas got the last laugh

>that opening where you control darth vader and feel all that power
pure kino. that shit would probably be a cutscene nowadays.

>horrible pc port
i remember playing this game a longtime ago on pc and don't recall any kind of glitch, framerate drop, etc.

After the Indiana jones PS3/360 project project was dropped lucasarts went mostly silent for whatever reason. Only coming out to promote the force unleashed and even that ended up more limited. Hell until the soul caliber 4 crossover more people were beginning to think the force unleased was canned too.

I know Disney cleaned the slate, but the game could still work between the end of RotS and Rouge 1 right?

youtube.com/watch?v=CuZ59k8LlsQ
Remember this shit user?

Weird how many similarities there are between Ashoka and Galen