tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NightmareFuel
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/AtopTheFourthWall
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TearJerker/AtopTheFourthWall
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/DougWalker
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TearJerker/DougWalker
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/TheNostalgiaCritic
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TearJerker/TheNostalgiaCritic
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Wrestling/MontrealScrewjob
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/TheDarkAgeOfComicBooks?from=Main.TheDarkAgeOfComicBooks
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/VanityPlate
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/DwarfFortress
closinglogos.com/page/Nightmare Logos
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UrbanLegendOfZelda
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>any piece of fiction media is announced
>someone already has a theory regarding some character being a Time Lord

>game is announced
>there is a shitpost thread about it on Sup Forums instantly

Well, if it's a horror game...

>implying Sup Forumsirgins have not mastered time travel, leaping forward into the future and coming back to shitpost about games hours before the publishers even greenlight the project!

By the way, there's gonna be another J-horror game like fatal frame that will begin development in 2020 and release 2023. It's shit.

>RULE OF CAUTIOUS EDITING JUDGEMENT over the most minor shit

look how many times that gets fucking linked

>implying the Internet Isn't filled with retards who will argue over anything and everything

>really acclaimed game gets maybe 100 tropes

>MLP gets over 10,000

>new video game girl is announced
>within minutes there are dozens of erotic artworks available everywhere on Sup Forums

What the hell is nightmare fuel

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NightmareFuel

tv tropes is super interesting

it's when mario briefly glances at the camera and says "letsa go" and then it scares you because it implies that mario is aware of the real world and that he himself is just a puppet to the player with no free will of his own

It is, but the subjective pages are almost invariably a shitshow, the nightmare fuel one in particular because people list the least unsettling shit possible to the point you'd think they were all complete pussies who can't handle anything more than toddler-oriented shows.

you pretty much summed up why I lurk it

>new game is announced
>game of the year editions are available for pre-order six months before release date

By far the worst thing about TV Tropes:

>Any game or anime or whatever that tries to slightly subvert from any stale cliches of a genre
>OH MY GOD IT'S A COMPLETE DECONSTRUCTION!!

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/AtopTheFourthWall
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TearJerker/AtopTheFourthWall
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/DougWalker
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TearJerker/DougWalker
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/TheNostalgiaCritic
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TearJerker/TheNostalgiaCritic
Enjoy the autism

this shit never fails to make me laugh and cringe.

>According to people who knew him, Doug watched all of Full House because he was anxious about messing anything up. And he still did, getting what the mother died of wrong.
Really jerks my tears.

tvtropes is such a trash website

it is but I love how fucking weird it's users are

>mom and son incest doujin
>has a heartwarming section
>people flip out in the forums
Good times.

I wonder how long the MLP nightmare fuel page is.

Post your favorite TV Tropes articles

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Wrestling/MontrealScrewjob

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/TheDarkAgeOfComicBooks?from=Main.TheDarkAgeOfComicBooks

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic

>all the weird shit that got removed from tv tropes when google threatened to pull their adsense
RIP

>TroperTales was so bad the entire section was discontinued
I wonder how big an influence the TT sections for pages like Biggus Dickus and Bigger is Better in Bed helped with that.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/VanityPlate

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/DwarfFortress

>Every season has its own page
oi

Oh, and

closinglogos.com/page/Nightmare Logos

I use TV Tropes to find new stuff to see and play.
But i find the idea of trying to categorize everything in little boxes something really awful and autistic.

>finish a pretty obscure old game, book, or movie
>see if it has a TVT page
>it does
>it's actually pretty lengthy and points out a few things that flew over my head
This is a good feel.

>that silent will wiki meltdown over circumcisions

It's obviously autism, but it's the kind of beneficial autism that gives me a pretty good idea of what happens in a game I want to learn more about but have no intention of playing nor watching a Let's Play of. It's all very informative, especially after they made a distinction between objective and subjective tropes.

I remember when a forum member I was friends with fought against the removal of the term loli from a trope name and he got banned for his trouble.

Back in high school if I didn't read a book we were supposed to read, in addition to going on sparknotes I would always go on to tvtropes to get some details that I could bring up in class discussions to make it look like I actually read the book.

It worked pretty well actually.

I miss having pages for hentai games

2012 was a bad time. Like anime? Sucks to be you!

>their excuse was THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY SITE!

The WMG page for any fiction is always absolute cancer.
>X IS A TIME LORD
>Y WAS IN A COMA ALL ALONG
>Z IS A COLLECTIVE HALLUCINATION

Troper tales was the only good thing about the shitshow that is tv tropes.

>TroperTales
Goddamn, I forgot about that. I kind of wish I never remembered too, what the hell. Thinking back on it now, it's so weird.

Why was Fast Eddie such a cunt?

Was this one off the first sites to be cucked

>[X] IS Q FROM STAR TREK BUT HE HAS AMNESIA
>THE WHOLE SERIES IS A HALLUCINATION OF MENTAL ASYLUM PATIENTS
>IS THIS SERIES SECRETLY POST-APOCALYPTIC?
>[X CHARACTER] IS PLAYED BY [X ACTOR] SO HE MUST BE THE SAME PERSON HE PLAYED IN A TV SHOW 20 YEARS AGO

I always wondered who even finds that CHARACTER X FROM SERIES Y IS ACTUALLY CHARACTER Z FROM ANIME R BECAUSE THIS ONE SMALL RESEMBLANCE HURR DURR shit funny. It’s horridly unfunny shit even for TVTropes standards, yet every fucking WMG page is still full of it.

Although probably the bigger mystery is why I even torture myself by reading that shit in the first place, as nothing good ever comes out of it.

Its pretty good to use to look over at stuff you may have missed in a game.

>autistic mind finds things humorous for reasons completely unfathomable for a normal man
>autistic mind is unable to see the strangeness in its humor, thinking that everyone else will also find it funny
>autistic mind decides to share its fruits with others by typing them in TVTropes

>read the page for a david lynch movie
>nightmare fuel and crowning moment of funny share 75% of the same entries

>nightmare fuel entry
>"Put yourself in [character]'s shoes for a second. Imagine how frightening [mundane shit] would be."

Good website if you don't have time to marathon a film.

Oh God, "deconstruction". Anything that is remotely serious is a "deconstruction" for those fags. If you dont mind, i really need to let the steam off:

EVANGELION IS NOT A FUCKING DECONSTRUCTION OF THE MECHA GENRE, YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS. ITS A SHOW ABOUT DEPRESSION. THE CHARACTERS WERE DEPRESSED BEFORE THE MECHAS EVEN GOT INTRODUCED, AND THEIR PROBLEMS DONT STEM FROM SAID ROBOTS.

The worst part truly is the knowledge that the ones typing those pointless WMG text vomits actually believe that they’re funny and witty with it.

It's when a bunch of kids are reaching for why perfectly mundane things are actually terrifying. It actually started out as a definition genuinely disturbing things, but people just kept stretching and stretching it.

>the idea of trying to categorize everything in little boxes
That's what humans do in general, though.

calm down virgin

get mad chad

>he uses/quotes tropes in regular conversation

Lynch yourself if you do this.

>CHARACTER X FROM SERIES Y IS ACTUALLY CHARACTER Z FROM ANIME R BECAUSE THIS ONE SMALL RESEMBLANCE HURR DURR
>Seriously, just think about it. [autistic contrivance ensues]
Every fucking time.

>the time before the objective/subjective split
>you couldn't go on pages like Gurren Lagann's without every other trope sucking its dick
>when I pointed out the site is supposed to be neutral, I was told it was no issue since TTGL is just that good

What it should be and initially was: "I have no mouth, and I must scream."

What scum have turned it into: “If there were two guys on the moon and one of them killed the other with a rock would that be fucked up or what?”

Honestly though I've always heard the show's themes got really heavy was because his mom died mid production. It makes more sense that he has mad depression, you learn something new

It’s so formulaic that it makes me wonder it it is one same person writing all those entries, or is it supposed to be some bad inside joke at this point?

>any page ever
>MLP always gets a million bullet points, ten paragraphs each

>>Seriously, just think about it.
Whenever that phrase is used I automatically know there was no thinking involved.

I'm still mad that they deleted the Rance pages.

and princess bride
and buffy
I know it's originally a buffy fansite but fuck off already

The idea of categorization of tropes is interesting, but their own philosophy of "we arent serious business, pages should have jokes and shit" ruin it. Many, MANY tropes are misleading because of "muh witty title", users insist in making subjective jokes and comments instead of making an objective explanation of trope at hand.

Huh, I expected Sup Forums to be utterly dismisive towards tvtropes.

>that time Sup Forums could only be referred to THAT IMAGE BOARD THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED

This troper was molested by his father and is still living in fear

It might be a deconstruction in the sense that you take what is normally wish-fulfillment (teenage boy finds a mecha, a cute waifu, another cute waifu) into something that is a realistic take on the genre.

But deconstruction, from what I understand, was less subverting the base of a genre and more examining the fundamental structure of how that genre was told. I mean, something could be a deconstruction but ultimately still a pretty faithful adaption of the spirit of the medium, right>

I remember going there to find things to fap to, then it all got removed.

TVTropes in general became shittier the more popular it got.

>try to add actual game-relevant info to the Darkstalkers pages
>some secondary comes along and just shits all over it with dumb secondary opinions, going so far as to actually reorganize the character profiles to put Morrigan at the top

I've been here so fucking long I can't even begin give a shit about the hivemind's clearance on what I'm allowed to like anymore.

It's an alright site for interesting facts and tidbits for whatever piece of work but that's all. They barely have shit for books/literature.

>tfw added one game in one trope as an example and it's still there
Someone even added more to it after my edit.

>NGE isn't a deconstruction of the mecha genre it's about depression
Why can't it be both?

*thwack*

I remember reading on Sup Forums that his parents are alive and well. His depression came from the failure of a previous show, Nadia. Also he seems to have always liked Freudian psychology, as his previous works had mentions of it too.

Morrigan is the only character normies carea bout because she's a sexy succubus with big tits

niggas don't know about my BB hood

>nowadays the Meme pages have many Sup Forums-specific memes and they're referred to as such

Nadia wasn't a failure was it? I just remember that it was stressful as fuck on him since it was his first major workk and that during NGE he was getting therapy. Ironically, it was him starting to recover that unleashed all the weird shit since he know had the energy and was already exploring it in therapy.

Actually has a done a single thing since NGE? All I remember is that I think he was on some credits for Me!me!me!

It's curent state is decent but man I remember when I first discovered the site and they still had bullshit like separate pages for NightmareFuel and High-Octane-Nightmarefuel which were pretty much 90% identical, or a "trope" for people saying "So yeah...".

>entry starts with "This troper"

>Nightmare Fuel page
>Seventeen fucking paragraphs about how scary it would be to run into the player as a low-level bandit/monster

>Look up favourite video game/ tv show from the 90's

>Has no page

>"Just imagine..."

>finish game
>visit game's tropes page to see what i missed
I don't know why, but i find it comfy.

>into something that is a realistic take on the genre.
You see, Evangelion doesnt try to be realistic, that is the problem with the whole "deconstruction" thing. In a realistic setting, usually there arent asspulls, there aren easy escapes, etc. Meanwhile, in the series, Yui is always there to save the day after things go to shit.
In a realistic setting, Shinji, Rei and Asuka wouldnt even be allowed to leave Nerv and would be home-schooled.
Even the characters arent realistic. They are caricatures of extremes of depression, and it would be extremely hard for a normal human to reach those levels.

Dont get me wrong, i love the show, but i think the description "deconstruction" is wrong.

Did ANYONE ever give a shit about the laconic page?

>game is announced
>There's a WMG page talking about the ending

>Some shitty streamer uses TVTropes
>Tries to delete all negativity about him and claiming "It's old so it doesn't matter"

Posting best page
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UrbanLegendOfZelda

No, but the PlayingWith pages are underrated.

Not really.

Click here to go back to the Catalog.

>Laconic page isn't actually laconic
>Could reword it much better, but can't be assed to sign up
Sup Forums spoiled me with it's lack of registration and accounts

>Seriously, just think about it.