December is going to be comfy as fuck

December is going to be comfy as fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

mynintendonews.com/2017/11/24/xenoblade-chronicles-2-preview/
youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2Nm1doZow
youtube.com/watch?v=OmRacliwFN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Main character looks like a literal homosexual.

I'll pass.

a perfect self insert for you then

REKT

Is the DLC worth buying or should I wait?

it's sorta like the breath of the wild season pass where buying it just gives you a few adventuring gifts. the first proper dlc release is in january which i guess is only one month from launch

Gonna be a long wait to even see if it's worth it considering it goes all the way out until fall of next year. First pack is just basic item shit so you could probably wait until the next wave of it hits which will be additional quests I believe. See if you like it then.

mynintendonews.com/2017/11/24/xenoblade-chronicles-2-preview/
>Takahashi has managed to weave hundreds of years of in-game lore together to create something quite magical

fuck yes, this is what was missing from XC1, in depth worldbuilding/lore

not even the biggest Monolithfag should get the DLC now, wait until one of the major ones are released

>NEW RARE BLADE

>implying i have something to play this on

Do we get japan time today?

This game comes our right before the week I need to stop procrastinating and write a 20 page research paper on Asian women in America for my gender studies class written in full publication level Chicago style.

Life is suffering my friends. Especially at at left biased universities.

I just want to play comfy RPGs.

You're better off waiting like us wise people
Unless you really really feel like that new rare blade next year is gonna change your life

>gender studies
This is the future you chose

I am a history major with a minor in international relations. I focus in non Western cultures and commodity history, mainly in Asia and the middle east.

But my university had its budget cut so they only offer one 400 level undergrad class a semester, and they have all been gender studies classes that somehow they decided counted as history. I would never choose to suffer through this.

Reviews when??

27th I believe, but take that with a grain of salt.

I think on Monday.

Well that really sucks.
But hey, you're almost done, cheers.
I gotta finish my thesis by next week on the other hand.

I actually had to write one last semester. for my senior seminar, which I took as a junior. I didn't mind that though, because I wasn't constricted by being stuck in a gender studies class.

School really gets in the way of vidya. And also makes me too poor to afford it.

comfy is just a code word for boring desu

lol you really REKT that user.
Do you guys think NIntendo censored the game?

>never got around to playing XBX
>start it up
>hey this is pretty neat
>tfw going to have XB2 on the big screen and XBX on the gamepad at the same time

it'll be slow goings but i'll learn lots about the different approaches to game design

Gamefaq leak is back in swing.

november 30, 8 am EST

YESS! Now to recap
Vandam sacrifices himself
- The woman in the art is リソラ / Lithra she's Jin's blade in disguise.
- He is controlled by her for the vast majority of the game.
- Elysium is nothing more than a world computer. All blades are basically sensors to help it understand the world, hence their desire to return to Elysium.
- Torna acquired this knowledge through the renegade blade Lithra and hope to prevent Elysium from acquiring too much information about the world, lest it decide to reset everything / reduce its energy supply to all lifeforms, including titans. The titans dying is the symptom that Elysium is already testing out this outcome to see if it can speed up the blades return ( data gathering ) to itself.
- Pyra / Mithra is originally a blade that has acquired too much information and went slightly unhinged at the time. Torna hopes to retrieve her to see if they can use this information to stop Elysium.
- The core crystals are 'unopened' applications.
- The term driver actually comes from the fact that Elysium needs those organic lifeforms to 'drive' his 'hardware' aka blades.
- Elysium is counting on the driver/ blade combination to gather a wide range of data. The blades provide 'organic' lifeforms with new ways to tackle their environment, the 'drivers' are able to interpret the data through their emotions, which Elysium lacks but tries to emulate in his blades.
- The more information a blade has acquired, the more they are able to mimic human emotions. Hence the ' human like ' characteristics of rare blades and the 'robot like' common ones.
- Pyra/ Mithra has acquired way too much and has resulted in a split personality. There was enough information for 2 full personalities.
- リソラ / Lithra is another one of those blades with too much information but she ended up truly taking a liking to organic lifeforms hence her decision to go rogue.
1/?

- Jin was originally a scientist à la Shulk when he discovered the renegade blade リソラ He was injured at the time and she was able to take over his mind/body although what she tried to accomplish was simply to heal his wounds.
- When リソラ/ Lithra is weakened mid game by Elysium finally taking notice of her rebellion, Jin regains his ' humanity ' for a while.
- She doesn't believe anything good can happen from letting Pyra/ Mithra get in contact with Elysium hence her antagonism.
- The titans were originally there to provide sustenance to the organic lifeforms but Elysium also has a limited energy source (Ether) and decided to be a bit more stringent in how he distributes it as it evaluates that its information gathering is taking far longer than originally planned, resulting in the Titans drowning in the sea of clouds.
- The sea of clouds is in reality nothing more than the exhaust fumes of Elysium. There is a bottom.
- The big twist is when Pyra / Mithra discovers that their emotions are nothing but a mimicry. Pyra, who had started to develop feelings for Rex in particular goes into a depression and we're left with the determined and sassy Mithra for a while.
- Through Lithra's revelation that it is possible to develop a will of its own by rebelling against its creator, she regains confidence, finds that there is meaning to her existence and comes out again, fully joining hands with Mithra and unleashing her true potential as a blade.
2/?

Hikari and Lithra are the original blades, although they both ended in failure as experiments.

It's not my fault the localization team decided to use those names to create the name connection.
It's not there in Japanese.

My guess is that they went for 裏 for the sound り meaning to betray/ reverse and 空 for そら for sky.
Basically meaning reverse sky/ the other side of the sky.
Elysium wanting to know more about the world, as it is bound the the ground and cannot move, wanted to shed light ' Hikari ' to see what was on the other side of the sky 'reverse sky'
Funny that she ended up betraying Elysium, using the other meaning of 裏 meaning to betray. Maybe that's intentional?
Final boss is Elysium >>> Elysium taking control of Jin after deactivating リソラ >>> Elysium weakened using all the ether in the world for a final bout.
You get all the blades from the Torna members bar リソラ once they sacrifice themselves/ become incapacitated they use a special item that is very rare that severs all their relationship with their blades, removing all memories they shared together, allowing it to start anew with a new driver. Interestingly, it's also an in game item that's super rare you can use to switch around rare blades
Final boss setting: You're basically in a place like the ionosphere where you feel like you're in space but can still see the world below for what it really is an eternally flat surface with only ' Up ' as a point of escape.
Elysium wants to go higher and higher, escaping to the stars and it really reflects that.
You get a graduation of colour from start to end of the battle, from cloudy/blue to red and finally black where you're basically in space.

3/?

They do have that favor to return.

We know it will really be Lucina.

Mithra decided to relinquish all of her identity and gives full control of the body to Pyra as she believes she has a lot more potential to develop into something more as she's the only blade to have experienced love. She goes on to control the 'Information pod' to 'space' to satisfy Elysium curiosity she also shares while preserving the ether resources of the world by semi-sacrificing herself.
The bond between Drivers and Blades is broken with the departure of Elysium and they can live as equals without using each other.
Rex and Pyra still retain a connection however as their souls are intertwined from the moment she saved his life.
Elysium final's flight into the unknown really reminded me of Xenogears' ending with the Ouroboros factor and the cycle being broken and leaving a big question mark to what will actually happens to the world and what Elysium/ Mithra will do.
chapter 9 area basically alternates between light and darkness without any warning, symbolizing his diving over and under the sea cloud and going deep, close to the real surface. It's the only one where the sea cloud tide mechanic isn't used
Seiryu uses the last of his ether depleted energy to turn back to its original titan form and bring the team to Elysium's main area. He basically choses to remain tiny for the rest of his life.
During the first stage of the battle the final boss is actually pretty close to the DEUS battle in Xenogears. Some kind of silver carapace equipped with canons and retracting blades, the second phase is a cybernetic looking Jin which isn't unlike Maiden from the MGS series actually. He goes dual wield in that part, the final part is some sort of Chimera with human looking arms holding blades, a dragon/reptile head and the rest of the body looking like a bipedal robot. I think it's supposed to show how it's using all the information it's gathered so far about all lifeforms and trying to pick the most effective one for battle. It's funky.

i hope the combat doesn't just boil down to ignoring everything that's happening on the screen so you can watch cooldowns for a hundred hours.

>Bought a Switch just to to have it ready for XBC2
>Just bought BotW to hold me until next Friday
>Climb a pillar because I saw a treasure box
>get arrows
>Blow up a hidden cave with a treasure box
>get fire arrows
>kill a group of goblins
>Amber

The drop system in the gave feels like shit. Weapon breaking is bad mechanic.

never played any xenoblade game, do I need to watch a story recap or is it like ff?

it's like ff. they're not related to eachother.

Like FF but with more references, but don't worry those references are just references from the previous game which also had lots of references. Unless you start at Xenogears don't even bother trying to "catch up?

Previews have said that combat is the most engaging it has ever been. Every action has consequences and you need to be on your toes.

But I like playing while lying down :/

>t. didn’t do the sidequests in XC1

>please find frog oil for an old man's aches
>kids play in x area, please kill the monsters there
>I want to make Armour for my son, bring me a fish scale
>Monster y looked at me wrong, please kill it
>Hey I know we are the military and you are a civilian and a scientist, and a wuss with no combat experience, but could you please clear out this cave full of monsters

"world building"

Seriously, go fuck yourself. We want a comfy thread but you won't let us. Always spouting spoiler shit without tags, then covering your ass by saying you aren't just that whore.

THE WIND BLOWS HARD IN DECEMBER

Just report the leak spammer for Sup Forums rule 5. It's pretty clear what his intentions are.

LAST FIGHT DO YOU REMEMBER?

Why do you retards keep trying to push these fake leaks

youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2Nm1doZow

Which blade do you want? I'm sweet on the new girl.

You fucked up.

Just like 2 years ago, I plan to spend most of december playing a Xenoblade game. Feels nice.

the only thing with any semblance of worldbuilding/lore in the side quests were the giant's treasure ones talking about their war with the giant spiders, even then it's very minimal

>he didn’t read the actual dialogue
Lmao

GG

XCX has amazing world building sidequests though Professor B, the Pizza Murders, The Water Plant.

It takes more than one game to make a month good. I'll finish this game in maybe 2 weeks. What will I do for the remaining 2 weeks?

>6 days 2 hours 17 minutes

Get a job.

we're talking about XC1 here, and yeah the worldbuilding is definitely better in XCX than XC1

why did they remove character creation and fashion gear? The main character looks retarded.

Shut up and customize your weapons.

Got a 12 day vacation in January, partially to recover from the holidays, partially because of wisdom teeth removal.

This or Yakuza 0 for that time?

I'm conflicted.

Had to replace PC parts recently and I'm low on cash (also just about a switch a month ago with Mario/Spla2n). I can still buy games but now I have to decide between getting stuff off the PSN black friday sale or only buying Xenoblade 2 for a little while.

Truth be told I haven't turned my PS4 on in a solid month, but I think Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 would solve this. But at the same time I want more on my switch than Mario and Spla2n. A big long game like Xenoblade would be very comfortable in the winter.

I suppose I could just get it later but I'm still on my switch high. decisions, decisions.

I already have one.

Guys, I think I might actually, finally beat XCX today.

Tetris.

Reminder that the gamefaqqot leaker got caught in his lies

Good luck against the console with no games

He actually admitted to to making it all up

>why did they remove character creation
Limited story telling potential
>and fashion gear?
Too many characters and body types, too many artist. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a handful of cosmetics I did see a picture of Pyra in some kind of outfit
>The main character looks retarded.
It grew on me.

I didn't play the first one. I did play X though and couldn't get into it at all

How similar are these two games compared to X?

Don't worry, leave it to me
youtube.com/watch?v=OmRacliwFN4

how user will recover from that?

How will leakerfags ever recover?

Character creation was not in the first game either, XCX is a non-canon spin off.

>non-canon
>in a series where each game takes place on a different world
What did he mean by this?

Both

Dude was an artist though, desu. That sounded EXACTLY like a Takahashi game. Fun read even if it was bunk.

X was a set up for an entire side series you mong.

XCX2 never ever

I knew it was bullshit the moment he mention shit from XBC1. It's not a direct squeal and not even set in the same universe.;

ok but can we get a stream already?

I don't mind spoilers.

Then go look for one, faggot.

to be honest his leaks felt like a rehash of XB1 with all the computer shit, when he mentioned shulk it was the final nail on the coffin.

Odyssey was leaking all over the place.

This should too as many have it already.

WHERE ARE THE STREAMS?

leakfag btfo, good riddance.
Playing through Bravely Default knowing the ebin plot twist was beyond awful

Once you kill yourself you gen z fuck.

Brainlet is too dumb for RPGs

He wrote basically an entire fanfiction on his own and presented it as real. I mean, he got as close to admitting it was bullshit as a pathological liar can do, having known one myself.

I'm very good at darting my eyes around spoilers even when not tagged, so I didn't even know he did that. That's fucking hilarious and also pathetic, trying to shoehorn Shulk into a story when it's completely and totally unnecessary.

Now I'm just curious to see how the spammer is going to rationalize this.

Bought Persona 5 and Nier Automata.
Want to get Xeno 2.

Fuck man...

I don't know where to begin?

Someone check if user is still alive after that

Neir A obviously even with its multiple endings it's still monumentally shorter than the other 2

If I get a multiple of 3, you play XC2
If I get 1,4,7, you play P5
If I get 2,5,8, you play Automata

>tfw went in the game blind

>mfw during the tweest

I guess it takes the highest order of autism to pull of fake leaks just to gain attention.

So what do you guys think is below the cloud sea?

Dead titans and civilizations. Something that let's the titans that walk around actually walk on.

True, but the affinity system with a tighter group of characters and multiple cities helped a lot for the world building for xb1. Climbing the bionis then taking the fight to mechon felt awesome and right. the lenght also somewhat suprissed me.

Wew

Treasure apparently, you can swim in the mist. As for all the way down? I imagine water like in XBC1.

An endless sea