Open world RPG by the developers of Forza Horizon. Is Microsoft finally gonna deliver some fucking games?

Open world RPG by the developers of Forza Horizon. Is Microsoft finally gonna deliver some fucking games?

pcgamesn.com/playground-games-open-world-game

It will run like ass like all their other current gen games

>yfw it turns out to be PS4 exclusive

I wouldn't even be surprised, but with all the talk about Microsoft investing money in more first party games I'm pretty sure that it'll be for xbox

An ambitious fresh new IP that sounds somewhat innovative?
Well fuck me sideways.

so it's a Forza open world? no thanks fag

So it's a caRPG?

>Is Microsoft finally gonna deliver some fucking games?
No.
Why get your hopes up when you know it will just disappoint you?

To Microsoft, First party means it will be on PC as well.
So expect a steam/GoG release.

>only now getting a place to maybe start working on a game soon
>an open world turd on top of that

BRAVO PHIL

I doubt it, Forza Horizon is already open world

Inb4
>canceled sorry just wasn't working out after 4 years of dev and us adding the MCs portrait to the "greatest lineup of Xbox games ever #7 E3 banner"

>So expect a steam/GoG release.
You mean the Windows store.

Where the fuck have you've been, they've already stated they were making first party games again? They had to fix all of Donny's mistakes.

>steam/GoG release
Nice joke

It's multiplat

Not a Microsoft game

Yeah. Because Cuphead and Ori sure as fuck are stuck on the windows store right?

Are Forza and GT actual games or are they investor pleasing benchmark software?

I don't think I've ever met a fan of either series

There hasn't been a fun racing game since Burnout so you tell me.

A shitload of Xbone/W10 crossplats have steam/gog versions though. M$ knows better than to try and bypass the two biggest PC game distribution platforms, at least for the shit that they themselves put out like Halo.

I liked some of the NFS games since

the horizon games are dope, kinda like a more chill version of need for speed underground with some SSX3 for good measure

>Burnout 3/Revenge sequel never
Kill me.

Cuphead and Ori aren't FPS Halo, Gears of War, Forza, or Recore. The only games that Microsoft put on Steam are indie games, fighting games, and games that don't sell but work better on pc anyway (I'm looking at you, Halo Wars). Quantum Break didn't sell and was made by the third-party Remedy.

>shitload
You mean a small amount see

Depends on whether or not they'll cancel it.

My personal interest is zero. It'll be multiplayer focused knowing the direction Xbox is going in.

They aren't But they are also "microsoft exclusives".

>open-world RPG
oh boy those are a rarity these days

So they're not the big dogs, so who cares.

Well the GTA and Forza devs aren't making a Japanese game so I'm sure it will come out.
Whether or not it will be anything anyone gives a shit about. Well....No it will probably be shit with Microsoft's current track record.

>Stopped playing FH3 a few weeks after launch
>Pick it back up recently with the expansions

I forgot how fun and well-designed the game is. I have no idea how they will do an RPG but the Forza Horizon series is good so I think there's reason to have hope.

Is Forza Horizon 3 shit?

How do you roleplay as a car?

Driverless cars are a thing already?

>Car game hires a Shooter, shooter and puzzle game
>Hey go make an openworld RPG
Fail or succeed its going to be hilarious either way

Cuphead isn't published or developed by MS. It's a 50/50 chance that it will end up on anything other than the windows store. Some games do (Ori, Quantum Break) but most don't (Gears, Halo, Forza, etc)

It's not Burnout 3. So yes.

forza horizon is fun as fuck what the fuck r u on

Your opinion is shit.

This

Horizon is kind of its own thing and thats for the better, it just uses most of the driving model from mainline Forza and the same customization system.

Mainline Forza stopped being good after 3 when the DLC plague set in

>Your opinion is shit.
And you haven't played Burnout 3.
Also
>This
Form your own opinion and statement instead of parroting and riding the coat tails of others.

seriously?

I already stated what he stated earlier in the thread, see.

Hmmm

It literally says in the image this will be their first non-racing game, mate.

An open world RPG? Microsoft is really thinking outside of the box.

Killer Instinct is on Steam

Just sayan

See>The only games that Microsoft put on Steam are indie games, fighting games, and games that don't sell but work better on pc anyway (I'm looking at you, Halo Wars)
>fighting games

And it will be just as bland and unremarkable as Horizon.
Nothing lost except millions of Microsoft's dollars

Killer Instinct.
But yeah "Games" is a little much.
Should have said
>Fighting game.

Microsoft ips are better than Sony's ips.

stfu donny

Fucking Carlos

PLEASE BE ON STEAM!!! PLEAAASSSSEEEEEEEE! I WANNA PLAY FORZA HORIZON SO BAD BUT I DONT WANNA USE MICROSHITS GAME STORE!

>defending Shit Mattrick
Go suck his dick, faggot.

Will Xbox finally get a game?

>another exclusive for the Xbone

I hope its a better madmax.

>not turn10
>not racing
not care but will follow

I just want a smooth open world driving game without having to do random missions. I just want real traffic, breakable hazard like railings, fences, etc, and something action on the side like street race. I want something to do with my fucking racing wheel for once. I left that shit in the closet for months.

Hahaha

Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean that Horizon was a huge and critical success and got universal acclaim

Horizon 3 runs great. Holy fuck though a mashup of H3, GTAV and fucking MGSV would be insane

wat

What car will be the villain?

OK. So? Horizon was shit. Doesn't mean whatever the fuck Microsoft shits out will be any better.
Also last time I checked Halo hasn't been good since ODST, Gears hasn't been good since 3, Forza isn't Burnout, Recore and Sunset Overdrive went nowhere, They didn't even care to release Scalebound, Quantum Break was a pile of shit, and Killer Instinct isn't their IP.

All of their IP's are pretty much dead weight right now.

Forza has an incredibly passionate community, user. The fuck are you coming from. Lots of people who play Forza aren't even gamers, they're just car enthusiasts who really like racing games. Not saying Forza is the mecca for car guys who like video games, but you're just false if you think Forza doesn't have fans or a following

>ODST
>good
Too all three of you, Sony's ips have been pure dog shit since the PS3, and I don't see it getting better, I see it only getting worse. Why is it so hard for Sony to make actual video games?

*To

>Too all three of you, Sony's ips have been pure dog shit since the PS3, and I don't see it getting better, I see it only getting worse. Why is it so hard for Sony to make actual video games?

You're trying too hard user

I can't wait for another Microsoft open world action ga-

>ODST
>good
By simply comparison between it and everything 343 makes. Yes. By a very vast margin.
>To* all three of you.
And? Who was talking about sony?

It will just be a pubg clone

>also on Windows(tm) PCs

Scalebound looked like shit. Nothing of value was lost.

>Open world RPG
enough

Considering that it was directed by Kamiya and Platinum and it got a decent budget, i was expecting the game to be at least good, a shame that MS canned it.

a pubg clone when ms want pubg on xbone?

>Horizon 3 runs great.
l i e s

Playground Games isn't first party. The title of the article is intentionally misleading in that very predictable video game journalism clickbait way. It's not actually the Forza Motorsport devs, which are a subsidiary of Microsoft, it's by the guys who do Forza Horizon.

My body is ready. I'm imagining NIOH + Ghost of Tsushima but Xbox exclusive and better. Thanks for hyping me.

>MGS devs
>For open world
Oh great. MGSV has an incredibly boring open world.

no it didn't, you just didn't learn how to play the game

I'm 53% of the way complete. There is very little difference in any location in the game.

No shit, but there's job ad from Microsoft uk about wanting to build a game world like horizon, so I'm assuming that Playground games has something to do with it. Not saying that it's definitely a Microsoft exclusive, but it could be. Also pic related

right okay

>Hellblade

Dead in the water before it started.

Are you fucking kidding me? Approaching the airport is not much different than approaching the ruins. They all have radio stations. They all have anti air. They all have the same buildings. Your objective every time is to infiltrate and either extract or kill someone or something. This has been my experience for the last 40 hours. In between the larger locations (which all have the same fucking buildings in them) are the smaller outposts, which all consist of a few guard towers, tents, and occasionally a couple single room buildings. Not to mention once you get to the 30 missions you start redoing all of missions you already did, but this time while being completely stealth, or in EXTREME mode.

>Playground
>No exclusivity indications

top kek

They all have the same mechanics but with different layouts, there's plenty of environmental variety across the maps, and you decide how exactly you're going to infiltrate and with what tools. Just because the open world isn't centered around exploration doesn't make it bad. Also nothing wrong with redoing missions, again a large part of the replayability in this game is the amount of tools you have to fuck around with. That said the game took about 40-50 hours to click with me, too

Not really, ODST was one of the worst Halo games right next to Reach.

Name one good Sony exclusive that isn't a movie or weebshit.

reach is still miles better than 343's shit

>run like ass
maybe on weak machines

No, you don't understand. The game clicked. I have no issues getting in, putting half the base to sleep, extracting who I want and getting out. The issue is that the variety is worthless. Light brownish Afghanistan or dark brown Africa. The most unique location in the game, the power plant and the oil plant, you spend a grand total of half an hour at at the most each. Ground Zeroes painted a completely different picture of what Phantom Pain would be like. It feels like everything is just copy pasted across the map.

I love GT sport personally. And I've never been a racing game fan until I played sport.

>weebshit

Are you implying that western garbage is good?

>putting half the base to sleep, extracting who I want and getting out

yeah sounds about where I was at that point myself.

You haven't fully learned how the game works yet, do more FOB

Reach had the worst campaign an one of the worst multiplayer with only Halo 4 being worse in the multiplayer department.

I have intentions to do actual races in this game, but I always end up off road. Finding huge jumps and barns is very rewarding.

FOB is not the open world aspect of the game, which isn't really relevant to my original point of MGSV being an incredibly boring open world.