Why?

Wyatt Cooper
Wyatt Cooper

32GB
Why?

Aiden James
Aiden James

Console is already expensive, just buy expandable MicroSD and buy mostly physical.
Not that big of a problem, I know it's a handheld console hybrid, that's just one of the drawbacks of the handheld side.

Gavin Bell
Gavin Bell

at least it doesn't use expensive as fuck memory cards like the vita

Ian Moore
Ian Moore

You could buy a vita plus 3 expensive as fuck memory cards for the price of a switch, and vita games are much cheaper

Josiah Clark
Josiah Clark

nintendosoyboys will buy it anyway. shit doesn't even do 1080p. It's actually WEAKER THAN THE WII U AND THEY STILL BUY IT HAHAHHAHA

Brayden Rogers
Brayden Rogers

Do your research, of course the tablet screen isn't 1080p, there are plenty of games that play 1080p when docked.

Nolan Wood
Nolan Wood

Stop being poor

Lincoln Young
Lincoln Young

But then I'd have no games. :/

Xavier Moore
Xavier Moore

Why not? It doesnt seem to have negatively affected their sales, and going for more pretty certainly would since the shortage earlier this year was partly due to competition with apple for those same memory chips. If you buy physical its probably enough since they dont need to install for performance. Ive got a half dozen games and barely touched the internal storage. If you prefer digital then big sd cards are pretty cheap.

Jose Turner
Jose Turner

microSDs are cheap

Landon Jones
Landon Jones

have to import a vita from japland
inb4 wanting to buy some handmedown from a retarded autist who shoved it up his ass
yeah no thx, cheap my ass

Brody Smith
Brody Smith

Can you connect an external hdd to the dock or is the switch SD cards only?

Thomas Richardson
Thomas Richardson

Yawn. Such a tired attempt at shitposting. Try being a little more creative next time, kiddo.

Thomas Campbell
Thomas Campbell

soyboys
what is this and why are you fags trying to force it into board vernacular (which you will do it, eventually, due to the numerous newfags who'll parrot it to "fit in")

Austin Long
Austin Long

Where are you from?

Jacob Collins
Jacob Collins

To get the the space Sony and Microsoft offer, you have to pay several hundred more dollars.

There's no excuse for it.

Justin Davis
Justin Davis

I bought the 64GB one for 22. I think its fair enough since im not planning on buying too many digital games.

Oliver Diaz
Oliver Diaz

The 8gb SD card I bought for my Vita was 20 bucks. Fucking Sony.

Lucas Walker
Lucas Walker

tablet screen isn't 1080
Only because nintendo kiked out
Youre really not helping your argument btw

Matthew Campbell
Matthew Campbell

every console now comes with 500GB ATLEAST, most come with 1 TB
Jewntendo jew out even though HDD space gets cheaper every day and they definitely have the money for it
J-J-J-JUST STOP BEING POOR DON'T SHIT ON NINTENDO IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT

Justin White
Justin White

mechanical drives

Anthony Edwards
Anthony Edwards

HDD

Kevin Wood
Kevin Wood

128 GB
Stop being poor
I lough at you

Bentley Fisher
Bentley Fisher

You could buy a vita plus 3 expensive as fuck memory cards for the price of a switch, and vita games are much cheaper.
But why would you buy 3 fucking expensive memory cards?

Adrian Peterson
Adrian Peterson

you got cellphones with the same storage for twice the price

Carson Torres
Carson Torres

So in the same position as you are now?

Owen Garcia
Owen Garcia

that big ass box for a tiny thing

Liam Jenkins
Liam Jenkins

Because that's the only scenario in which a vita costs as much as the overpriced, underpowered turd of a console that nintendies can't stop cumming over

Brandon Morris
Brandon Morris

buying consoles within a year of launch instead of waiting for a good library buildup
I will never understand this mentality as someone whose best friend has it

Nolan Garcia
Nolan Garcia

Find it funny that the stupid faggots whining about storage space keep thinking HDD, SSD and microSD card are comparable in price to each other.

Lincoln Thompson
Lincoln Thompson

I just don't get it why even bring up the 3 memory cards only it prove is how bad sony were fucking people with those.

Luke Ward
Luke Ward

How long till switch revision?

Wyatt Carter
Wyatt Carter

Because the second post in the thread was making a point about price, when the switch is the worst value for money console since the PS3's original release?

Owen Green
Owen Green

still doesn't do 1080p, pretty sad.

Benjamin Rivera
Benjamin Rivera

he said playing at 900p on his ps4

Jace Moore
Jace Moore

this is a BAD thing

Stop.

If you are buying enough games to fill out a 32 GB system, you can afford to buy another card.

but-but I want more memory in the console!

That would end up costing more up front. There’s a reason PS4 and Xbox One so expensive.

Christian Flores
Christian Flores

To make dumb nintenbro by newer expanded memory/upgraded switches in 6 months to a year.

Anyone that buys a Nintendo console at launch is a retard. Just look at their past console launch histories almost everything has like 2-3 version of the same console but "upgraded"

For christ sakes there is FIVE 3DS SYTEMS.

rule of thumb when it comes to a nintendo console wait at least a year or two before purchasing it because it will hands down be better than any of the trash first year systems.

Matthew Taylor
Matthew Taylor

BotW
SMO
Splatoon 2
MK8
Disgaea 5
VOEZ
Sonic Mania
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Battle Chef Brigade
Stardew Valley

Normally I would agree with you. I wouldn't have bought it had there not been a strong first year roadmap but there was and that was enough to sell it for me. Announcing a Fire Emblem game greased the wheel too, but only because I know it's going to be terrible and I can't stop playing these fucking games even though they haven't been good for almost a decade now. I wouldn't pick up a Switch if you're a single genre gamer, but if you have multiple genres you like there are excellent games in every genre except PC-centric ones.

Brandon Nelson
Brandon Nelson

Kys fag

Jonathan Jackson
Jonathan Jackson

Gonna have to disagree on the multiplats and Splatoon 2/MK8 Deluxe as a salty Wii U owner, I do think there's a lot of great potential for it in 2018 though.

Grayson Roberts
Grayson Roberts

Who would buy a 499 handheld hybrid?

Christian Hill
Christian Hill

If you buy dragon quest heroes for the switch digitally you already need more than the internal memory.

Easton Jackson
Easton Jackson

what a girl would say if you got them into bed

Joshua Diaz
Joshua Diaz

Because the Switch doesn't need to load a bunch of bloat onto the system to make a game playable.

Tyler Hall
Tyler Hall

nah, you go ahead cause you seem like a retarded mad nintenbroter that preorder the launch switch and now regrets it because what I said is 100% true.

Sucks to be you :)

Noah Jenkins
Noah Jenkins

You do know that this is a portable console, right?

Nathaniel Cox
Nathaniel Cox

Where the fuck are you going to put hdd on it? M2 ssd is possible but it is fucking expensive. Would be great if they provide pcie slot thought.

Xavier Butler
Xavier Butler

Gotta hand it to Nintendo i thought it was going to bomb hard but they are selling millions. How do they keep getting away with it?

Julian Clark
Julian Clark

Flash memory is expensive and Nintendo makes short sighted decisions that sound good because they think last gen's competition is always the peak of the industry and 3rd party needs.

Brayden Williams
Brayden Williams

32gb

desu should be 18.5 petabytes.

Adam Parker
Adam Parker

I haven't heard of this brand.

So I have worries.

William Martin
William Martin

How would they improve it realistically without making it cost more then it already is.

Joshua Jackson
Joshua Jackson

DETITATED WAM

Jacob Ramirez
Jacob Ramirez

Don't forget to buy the next ps4 pro true 4k next year, user :)

Evan Reed
Evan Reed

I haven't heard of this brand.
So I have worries.
That's what poor people says

Mason Torres
Mason Torres

I think the worry would be more around backing everything up on it, followed by catastrophic failure because it sucks.

Joseph Green
Joseph Green

he had a good question

Parker Foster
Parker Foster

Because "memory is expensive and you just can use whatever you have laying around in your house but we still pay more than 300 bucks for a WiiU powered tablet" and other lies.

Jason White
Jason White

Imported a red vita from nipland
It was only $150 ameridosh on amazon
Have prime member so no shipping
No the user youre replying to, but I have 2 64gb memory cards totally filled atm. One is for my US account, one is for my SEAmonkeys account to play imports

Sebastian Edwards
Sebastian Edwards

Except for hard drives and internal flash memory having wildly different form factors and pricing. How much do you think a Vita or PSP with 500 GB of internal memory would cost?

Hunter Rodriguez
Hunter Rodriguez

Poor kid. Kinda feel like a dick now.

Daniel Thomas
Daniel Thomas

If I go all digital what would a good Micro SD card capacity be?

Ryan Parker
Ryan Parker

Nintendo is usually the only company that bothers with compressing their files. Doom is like 22gb.

Jonathan Ross
Jonathan Ross

I don't play too many games at a time, so I could probably get away with 128GB if I uninstall any game I've already finished playing.

Eli Rogers
Eli Rogers

cute tummy.

Caleb Lewis
Caleb Lewis

Switch is the one console where there's an upside to going physical though

Austin Wilson
Austin Wilson

Maybe now that the Vita's six years old and discounted. At launch, the Vita itself cost $250, and a 32GB card cost $120. So it would have cost $370 for a Vita with equivalent storage to what the $300 Switch comes with.

Oliver Mitchell
Oliver Mitchell

I have 2 issues with physical games.

1) When you preorder the digital download of a game from Nintendo, it is pre-loaded onto the Switch when you order it. You can start playing it right after midnight on the day of its official release. No waiting.

2) Half the time I order games online the retarded delivery people send them to the wrong house. I'm lucky my next door neighbor is a nice guy, or I wouldn't even have gotten the laptop I ordered.

Jose Hughes
Jose Hughes

You're talking to a bunch of retards that think packaging a hard drive with a hybrid is a good idea and that storage memory costs the same no matter which type or form factor memory space is.

Wyatt Bennett
Wyatt Bennett

Only retards digitally buy games. Why would you do that when you can get a physical game, beat it, and sell it for 60-70% of your original purchase price? Or be a bro and let your friends borrow it. Idiots !

Owen Davis
Owen Davis

Best Buy GCU makes going physical immediately better than digital.

all games 20% off
$10 gift cards for certain games
games retain their value and trade in values/ebay allow me to get back a good chunk of my purchase price when I'm done
the good digital only games only take up like a gig at most
tons of demos
tons of small digital only games like VOEZ and Battle Chef Brigade
still have 17.5 GB left on system flash
don't even have an SD card in it

I wonder how digital fags get by knowing they're choosing to get ripped off. Also worth mentioning: it feels good not having mandatory installs like other consoles.

Jaxson Edwards
Jaxson Edwards

Amazon is nice too, 20% off pre-orders there too. Switch games maintain their value phenomenally, I sold botw for $40 in September. Practically played it for free after the 20% off pre-order.

Ayden Stewart
Ayden Stewart

If you buy physical for most games you won't fill that up quickly. I have a 64GB card in my Switch that is unused since I buy physical.

Aaron Jones
Aaron Jones

real answer: because it takes cartridges instead of discs, so it doesn't need as much mb as the competition. That in turn keeps it at the family-friendly price point of 300 burger dollars.

Mason Cox
Mason Cox

HDD in a handheld
Are you fucking stupid or something?

Wyatt Moore
Wyatt Moore

Jewpan

Robert Watson
Robert Watson

Nintenkiddies actually pay for this shit? Lmao

Noah Perez
Noah Perez

Except there are 3rd party titles that do just that because Nintendo is insane for how much a 32GB cart costs, so they spend on the cheaper smaller carts instead and make the rest available as a "patch"

Cooper Rodriguez
Cooper Rodriguez

he isn't pc ps4 switch master race

Get a job and you'll be able to afford all 3

Dylan Myers
Dylan Myers

phone I got for $130 has 100s more games and twice the memory of a switch

Dominic Rodriguez
Dominic Rodriguez

I can't believe how expensive the memory is for it.

Matthew Kelly
Matthew Kelly

Thats insightful,
Basically a switch +BOTW

Lincoln Johnson
Lincoln Johnson

How much did it cost?

Brody Collins
Brody Collins

t. so(n)yboy

Nathan Nelson
Nathan Nelson

Been thinking of getting a switch, what games does it have that are actually good?
Still doesn't have a monster hunter and XX isn't localized so that's been a major turn off for me.
Played botw on PC
not intrested in mario games anymore
Hate xenoblades art style and most games with moe shit anime artstyles.

What else is there?

Dylan Green
Dylan Green

I still suggest giving Odyssey a shot. I went into it thinking I was completely done with Mario games but it was so much fun it won me over.

I recommend the shit I listed here Unless you're really sold on playing portably avoid the games like Stardew Valley which you can buy on sale on Steam. But honestly if you're already played BotW and aren't interested in Odyssey or something like Splatoon you can probably wait until next year.

Carter Sanders
Carter Sanders

Alot. In like 2006.

Now 1TB laptop HDDs are like 50 bucks.

Nintendo could probably get a 500GB one for like less than 10 dollars in bulk.

Isaiah Diaz
Isaiah Diaz

No excuse, should come bundled with a 128 gig microsd card.

Aiden Flores
Aiden Flores

Can you name a few of those games?

Wyatt Gray
Wyatt Gray

If you don't like Mario and played Zelda then it's a port and old indie player.

Sebastian Perez
Sebastian Perez

Look at a teardown video of the Switch and tell me where they would put a spinning platter hard drive. Hell, even an SSD.

Hunter Johnson
Hunter Johnson

muh 5200rpm and mechanical wear

nah

Jaxson Turner
Jaxson Turner

Idk they fit one in an ipod ten years ago.

Maybe put some more flash memory in there and sell your console at a loss like everyone else.

Sony and Nintendo are actually out jewwing M$. It's impressive.

Isaiah Scott
Isaiah Scott

In ipod the HDD occupy the majority of the internal space.

If you look at the teardown you would see that Nintendo only use a single chip for the internal flash drive, a single 32GB chip.
Doubling the storage while trying to keep it inside a single stack would drive the cost exponentially.

Also, how much more do you need till the customer satisfied? 128GB? 256GB?
At that point the storage alone would cost as much as the console itself.
It is a better and more logical course to lower the overall console cost, then shooting themselves at the foot on either selling it for $399 or absorbing the extra cost.

Caleb Myers
Caleb Myers

They wanted to see how much they could charge people for 6 year old tech

Aaron Fisher
Aaron Fisher

$300 switch has 32GB of storage
$200 PS4 has 1TB of storage
what did they mean by this?

Gavin Wood
Gavin Wood

1TB....

Isaac Ward
Isaac Ward

Because they insist on selling it at a profit. Could have probably had about 256gb if they were ok with breaking even

Connor Reyes
Connor Reyes

Increasing the flash memory from 32 GB to 256 GB would have only cost them $40, right? Because that's how much they made per unit on release.

Josiah Baker
Josiah Baker

256GB
single stack chip

That shit alone would cost at least an additional $140.
Losing $100 on each console sold sounds like a very bad fucking idea.

Robert Jenkins
Robert Jenkins

Nintendo is only good at making games, not consoles.

Dominic Ward
Dominic Ward

You people realize the Switch internal storage is flash memory right? Or did you think there was a HDD in there?

Daniel Watson
Daniel Watson

Because flash storage is pretty expensive. Although I do think it's fair to expect at least 64gb.

Christopher Turner
Christopher Turner

They do. They're that retarded.

Dominic Flores
Dominic Flores

There's no way a single stack 256GB chip would cost that low.
Have you purchase any phone in a recent year? Going from 64 to 128 alone cost $100+

Zachary Thompson
Zachary Thompson

um they could have just included an sd card?

Wyatt Lee
Wyatt Lee

Read my post again. There's no fucking way they would take that much of a hit on a system they were already barely making a profit on.

The microSD card slot was the perfect solution. Most consumers would likely buy mostly physical first party Nintendo titles so the 32 GB will be enough for most users. Users who want to go full digital have the option to expand the storage on their own dime, keeping the buy in price lower for everyone. Options are good.

Why would they need to do that when there's already a usable amount of storage built in? This isn't like the 3DS where the on-board flash was a tiny amount only meant to store small system apps and the firmware making a pack in SD card necessary. It's a functional amount of storage for most of their consumers.

Justin Allen
Justin Allen

It's a functional amount of storage for most of their consumers.
only if you buy physical

Lucas Young
Lucas Young

I don't know what hard drive failure is

Chase Cook
Chase Cook

Which most of their consumers likely do, especially in Japan. I've bought quite a few digital only games and I still have 17.5 GB of storage left.

Leo King
Leo King

why would you buy physical games on a portable console?

Austin Jenkins
Austin Jenkins

How big was DOOM? I can't imagine 32gigs would be enough unless they really scaled down the textures.

Owen Flores
Owen Flores

256GB flash drives are $45, hell they could have included an M2 drive that's replaceable but instead you get trash for storage space.

Hunter Thomas
Hunter Thomas

Because they're cheaper due to GCU/Amazon Prime, can be sold when you're done with them, and can be lent to other people. Also because I rarely swap games out enough that I find physical copies annoying when I'm playing handheld only.

Nolan Anderson
Nolan Anderson

user, like what the other guys have said before, Nintendo makes no more than $40-$50USD selling the damn thing. With all the shit they packed into the switch it's impossible to add more without redoing the entire insides of the system or keep the price down.

Parker Cook
Parker Cook

huh? it's just a lame ass shield rip off. THey'e making shitloads off of it

Evan Roberts
Evan Roberts

This.
I can literally play anything.
Mad singleplatformcucks can't even compete.

Matthew Johnson
Matthew Johnson

implying you need more than 32GB for a console that only has two games worth playing

Alexander Butler
Alexander Butler

50 GB

Nathaniel Sullivan
Nathaniel Sullivan

you can buy a 4tb HDD for $90

or a 512gb SSD for $150

one of them can't fit on a Switch, and the other is too expensive

did I just blow your mind my fellow sonyfriend?

Jose Sanchez
Jose Sanchez

Looks like 13.4 GB for single player and about 9 GB for multiplayer there different downloads and if get the cart you just need to download multiplayer if you want.

Samuel Davis
Samuel Davis

my switch is still on its way to my house via post, but wanted to ask if anyone knows.
can you say, use a 64gb sd card, and then if I get a larger card later, transfer the data? I assume you can, just checking.

Leo Davis
Leo Davis

Yes. Saves are stored on the system memory. If you swapped to a larger SD card you'd just have to redownload your games.

Justin Flores
Justin Flores

you can't just transfer the files? you'd have to reinstall every game? damn

Ryan Cox
Ryan Cox

You could manually copy-paste it on your computer if you have a SD card slot and a MicroSD adaptor

Blake Cooper
Blake Cooper

Really wish you didn't have to shell out more for a micro SD, but it is so worth it to have all of the games you have everywhere you go without having to get an awkward looking case.

Jason Diaz
Jason Diaz

Agreed
Just ask sony with the ps3

Juan Rivera
Juan Rivera

32GB
loading screens are lightning fast because flash storage
also able to take mSDs up to 2TB for more storage

PS4
500-1000GB
2.5' HDD (i.e garbage laptop drives)
SATA connector but it connects through USB internally instead of through to the board so even if you install an SSD load times are still trash.

Gabriel Moore
Gabriel Moore

Plus see

Matthew Lopez
Matthew Lopez

Providing you format first.

Andrew Martinez
Andrew Martinez

I'm very glad there isn't a cheap spinning mechanical drive in my Switch

Luke Lee
Luke Lee

Who realistically think that 300 is too much for the switch?
Well nand flash is expensive and in high demand thanks to apple

Zachary Phillips
Zachary Phillips

an apple gaming device would be $1000+
and then you'd still only be able to play apple store shit

Eli Watson
Eli Watson

I paid 250 dollars or something for the original DS (me mum did but whatever)

Switch is 50 more than that. Original DS's hardware is laughable and even was at the time. Switch is actually the strongest handheld gaming device in existence. Even if other handhelds that are more powerful were gaming devices, they all cost over 600 dollars.

I feel it was a fair price.

Jacob Green
Jacob Green

apple store
full of shovelware and pokemon ripp offs

Lucas Flores
Lucas Flores

To be fair, the 64gb PS Vita memory card can hold much more Vita games than a 128gb micro SD card can hold switch games though.

William Howard
William Howard

250 was a typo sorry, I meant 150.

William Anderson
William Anderson

Then you are a rare specimen on Sup Forums people wanted 250 at launch

Easton Thomas
Easton Thomas

pretty much any random phone is more powerful than the switch

Dylan Peterson
Dylan Peterson

Not exactly, but 4gb to 32gb carts does show larger files.
Pity 1TB micro SD don't exist

Aiden Cox
Aiden Cox

However they lack the api and the Nvidia architectural game engine support

Isaac Sanders
Isaac Sanders

What did you actually fucking mean by this?
hurr you can buy like 10 xbox 360's for the price of one ps4 pro sonybros btfo!!!

Gabriel Thomas
Gabriel Thomas

Plus thermal throttling renders 99% of phones unfit for gaming while the Switch has active cooling.

Jacob James
Jacob James

I bought a Switch as soon as I saw the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Nintendo Direct. I don't even like Nintendo, and I love my Vita. BotW, Disgaea 5 and Splatoon made me a wahoo fag. System is great, I hated it for no reason. It's the new vita.

As for price, yeah it's over priced but not by much. Where it really gets you is $80 xbc2 LE procontroller. Fug. Oh well I know I'm going to play the game for 100+ hours easy.

Grayson Ross
Grayson Ross

What part of "It's okay when Nintendo does it" don't you understand?

Jaxson James
Jaxson James

Vita fags are literally broken. They just can't even anymore. Leave the poor fella alone. By this time next year they won't even have gust games or NIS games to look forward to.

Lucas Rodriguez
Lucas Rodriguez

This wasn't a good excuse with the Wii U. It isn't a good excuse with the Switch.

Zachary Johnson
Zachary Johnson

32 gigs of storage doesn't sound like a lot on paper, but Nintendo is good for it.

I've got six digital-only games on mine, and I'm not even at half capacity yet. Even the FUCKHUEG games on Switch are only 12-15 gigabytes. Even DOOM is 12-ish gigs.

Parker Moore
Parker Moore

To discourage MANDATORY 4K TEXTURE PACK UPDATE (100 GB BECAUSE FUCK YOUR BANDWIDTH)

Adrian Perry
Adrian Perry

What's the right amount of base storage for this thing considering AAA ports are about 1/3 usual size and Ninty games are usually 1/10 or 1/5 the usual size with games like Splatoon 2 even being a measly 2.1gb

Juan Anderson
Juan Anderson

measly 2.1GB

idk, i mean it's casual tier trash but one should be applauded for managing to have a game not be like 500GB BECAUSE WE HAVE TWO VOICE LINES AND SOME DLC or whatever.

Carter Long
Carter Long

Nintendo itself, but for example, LA Noire requires a download even with a physical cartridge.

Landon Torres
Landon Torres

Besides Xenoblade and Western 3rd party games, most games on the Switch don't eat up as much memory as other games.

Regardless, I decided to go with a 200GB Sandisk at 50 bucks from Amazon since I know Im going digital

Samuel Reed
Samuel Reed

This.

It's impressive that Mario Odyssey is as huge as it is while still only being 5 gigs.

I've got more than a couple one-off, ten minute demos on my PS4 that are twice that size for literally no reason

Nicholas Diaz
Nicholas Diaz

As someone who's never needed to use an MicroSD card until now, how does saving game data and DLC work with them?

Jayden Martin
Jayden Martin

Same as literally everything else.

Literally zero problems whatsoever.

Owen Sullivan
Owen Sullivan

bragging about phone games

die.

Luke Stewart
Luke Stewart

What's the size on the new xenoblade do we know yet?

Adrian Rivera
Adrian Rivera

eShop says 13.0 GB.

Nolan Collins
Nolan Collins

MOOOOOOOT

Adam Cooper
Adam Cooper

Why is this think so overpriced?

Caleb Wright
Caleb Wright

Buy Xbox One or PS4 game
Need to install 100GB update
Why is this allowed? Do they even put the game on the disk?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page