Is there a game where the NPCs can fully pronounce your custom character's name?

Is there a game where the NPCs can fully pronounce your custom character's name?

Animal Crossing if youre japanese

By this point in gaming history I have to imagine someone at least tried it. Couldn't give you an example though.

Tomodachi life

Fallout 4

Fallout 4, my brethren

A few Japanese games.

Didn't GRID do it?

I think black and white whispered it...anyone remember or was I going crazy?

I feel like there was a game that had a computer in the introductory sequence try to. I'm 99% certain it actually exists, because me and my dad had an inside joke about how it pronounced his name. I couldn't tell you the name though, and it is now consuming me.

Miitomo

Stronghold Crusader pronounces some names.

>tfw the proliferance of Latin-root dialects is their greatest downfall
Isolationism wins again.

>Animal Crossing if youre japanese

Japanese is way more suited to that, due to the agglutinative structure.

Fallout 4 does a shit job of it. Not only is it limited to certain names only, there's a noticeable pause whenever Codsworth says your name, and he always says it in the exact same tone. He can be seeing you for the first time in 200 years, or being pleased that you modded a gun, but it's always a pause followed by the stock line. Not to mention he throws mister and miss in front of it too.

Yeah talking about dark souls

>Fallout 4
>Fallout 4, my brethren

Only if your name is a common Western name or taken directly from one of the films that inspired the Fallout series, like Mad Max.

I used my first name and when the robot used it I freaked out.

It does, but only for certain names.

Japanese version of Freedom Wars

I know one...

Or Mr. Sexy

Well, the question is if it pronounces names. And that it does

Dragon Age 2 and the Mass Effect series. You didn’t say anything about surname

You can't remember your dad's name

The name of the game, smartass.

This would be super easy to do if the world spoke god tier Finnish.

Imagine being a fucking anglophone.

The English language is way too retarded for it to ever be a feasible task to implement such a system. Like some said, some japanese games do because it's easy enough if you constrict the input to their non-retarded alphabet.

But English is just FUCKED.

Also, doesn't help when you have stupid shit like this all over America.

This desu. Everyone should just switch over already.

>fully pronounce your custom name
The top 25 most common western names is clearly not what OP was asking for

>Fuckface is voiced but my name isn't
>I'm white

nerd

Fallout 4 did, but that was just for one irrelevant character. If you look it up he had a massive catalogue of names. Recording all that must have sucked. I found an old Extra Punctuation column a while ago where he was talking about that part in Nier where someone appears to say your name. He speculated that a situation like that (with the lightning strike) would be a good way to hide a voice synthesizer that attempts to pronounce a custom name. Alternatively a robot character could do the trick. I think suddenly pulling out the player's name can be a pretty effective storytelling trick (I liked it in Undertale) so I wish more games would do it.

>your own wife never bothers to call you by your name
>the gimmick is shoehorned onto a robot that people might never even use

It's also shit that Codsworth is the only one who says it, and even then only in one conversation.
They should have at least had some of the main quest characters and your companions say it.

Sorta, the Fifa series if you make a self-insert and have a name/surname that is within their databanks

There was a dating sim in that Gamers! anime where the girl in the game was saying the MC's name, and it sounded like it was fake as if he had entered it in, so I assume there are some real dating sims out there with that kind of feature.