The old thread died before I got the chance to answer those people asking about this

The old thread died before I got the chance to answer those people asking about this.

So, Kirby Fan Game thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

bulletforge.org/u/marioismario/p/danmakufu-reskin-012m-kirby-of-the-stars-completed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

KARG OMFG How've you been?

g*dspeed

Been doing college. It's been taking up most of my time which is why there's not a lot of progress and not a demo yet.

You too

bump. pretty sure i heard about this guy a while back

I'm making a kirby fangame too
just started last week

going to be standard 2d kirby with some new abilities
someone else is doing the art and we haven't settled on an art style yet so using official sprites for now

only sword and sleep implemented so far

That looks really cool! I'm glad to hear about someone else making a Kirby fan game too. Got any other footage.

I always thought the big blockade in making a Kirby fangame was the copy ability system, but it looks like you've got it down! Can't wait to see more!

Please don't show any of these outside of Sup Forums. Nintendo will DMCA you, so please don't let anyone find out about these until you're finished, THEN announce it when you release it so you can't be stopped.

That's the plan actually. I only show you guys here. Nintendo can't really do anything as I stay on here and only here.

Also what do you think of this title thing?

post kirbs

POYO

It's nice and I like the swirl effect

Thank god, I was just going to repeat what said. Maybe releasing it would be a surefire way to make sure they release a sequel just like AM2R lol

What's the purpose of this game? Is it going to be like a 3d fan game with Airride assets?

I made this to address most questions. Feel free to ask more. Also that webM is very much a work in progress. It has a lot of work to be done before I consider releasing this,

For the Love of God don't force me to double tap the d-pad every single time I want to run. Give Kirby one run speed: fast.

This image is so arrogant. The project is definitely cursed.

One man team with big dreams.

Well you already violated the common sense rule of fan projects, so you're an idiot, and your prototype looks like you spent a week on it so I'm not sure why you're already hungry for attention and posting it.

here's some other stuff I have implemented so far
excuse the messy animation transitions, like I said the art is still work in progress and the mixing of custom/official sprites doesn't look good

but what if you wanna go slow

That picture is my hope and dreams for this project. It's basically everything I want in the game. In reality some stuff won't make it in and that's okay. As long as I take my time and don't give up on this, I'll be happy with it. And hopefully, so will you.

Is that a good thing?

He's not me. It's just nice to get some response and feedback from people.

I was more talking about KARG (my original reply was to someone replying to KARG's plan), but you too, friend. Keep doin' what you're doing.

Why would I ever want to go slow?
And what's your aim here really? Is your game going to have a meaningful difference or is this just another clone? Note: New abilities are not a 'meaningful difference', unless the game is 99% new abilities, because Nintendo could deliver something as mundane as a few new powers. What makes yours different? What do you think is bad about Kirby and how are you fixing it? I swear to god if you give some spiel about how Kirby is one of the best platformers and there's not much to fix your project's already going to be forgotten just as all those hundreds of Sonic replicas are forgotten.

My bad, my phone isn't liking the site right now. Your name keeps popping in and out whenever I refresh the page. Ignore my stupidity.

>Porting the original City Trial stage
>but not the original Air Ride tracks

It actually means I'll be importing all of the original tracks...

Not the guy, but the only way it would gain traction if there's "nothing to fix" is if it's as good as Star Road was to Super Mario 64.

Dumb Sonic fanboy can't read, apparently. Study the image carefully. I don't know why he's porting in the tracks. Shit will just double the workload given they all have unique assets and gimmicks and whatnot. He should just compress the aesthetics of the maps into a flexible blank slate, like BotW and its shrines.

Nobody cares about the racing mode, which is why people always talk about City Trial when they talk about Air Ride. Air Ride is honest-to-god not a good racing game. The abilities are a veneer of bullshit which are as random as Mario Kart but far less controllable or predictable. There's no drifting, just the stop-start of boosting, meaning controlling momentum is less important and overall making the vehicles less interesting to maneuver. All the cars are so close-yet-distant and gives off a feeling that nothing is really polished. It's just gimmicky, goofy, sorta stupid, not particularly well done or interesting. If it was good on its own people would ignore City Trial since that mode adds more RNG and is built around farming items.

>If you don't add automatic running JUST FOR ME then this game is going to fail

Not the guy you're replying to but holy fuck user. Not everyone wants running to be the default speed. Having to double tap isn't anywhere near the nuisance you're making it out to be.

You thought the entire paragraph was about movement speed?

I disagree.

Why is Kirby in hats?

Very intellectual of you. The "I disagree" defense. You know your stuff, this game will have no flaws at all.

making a fan game based on the most fucking GOAT Kirby game

go bless you user I hope you don't get CnD'd

I like it. I think it's fun.

City Trial needed the tracks. They are an important part of the stadium. City Trial is the complete mode of the game BECAUSE it also includes the race tracks for various purposes. The tracks themselves in their own mode are also very re-playable thanks to the checkbox achievements, but that's beside the point.

These are the real questions

For the love of god, please just make this your own thing instead. You are just setting yourself up for a C&D and a huge shitshow.

Can you organize the characters from highest to lowest priority?

My nigga KARG. How's the Great Cave Offensive stage coming? Nice to see you have a rideable build working decently. You plan on just tweaking the physics until you have them close to the original?

no dude this user is smart. if he stays anonymous they can't CnD him

my b, i misread.

Well, that's just your opinion man. I had fun with the normal Air Ride mode.
oh fuck, trips of truth

Honestly, the best way to organize them would be 1) Already ripped and rigged
2) Already ripped
3) Not ripped
The ease of putting them in is the biggest hurtle.

It's going good my man. The Great Cave Offensive is coming along slowly because school and working on physics. And yes, I'll be tweaking and making the physics match as closely as I can. That's priority number one.

Awesome. Map looks like it's coming along. Love seeing little updates in kirby threads.

If I could learn how, I'd love to be able to help with the models you don't have yet.

It sure has been a while. Sorry I never finished that song I said I would work on. Basically, the same reasons as yours for being blocked up, plus depression. Sooner or later though, I do want to compose something for this. I'd feel remiss if I didn't.

fucking amazing. good luck karg, keep up the good work

it mostly is a clone, but you can't really say "just another" when there's not a single finished 2d platformer kirby fangame out there

I do intend to make it more difficult than standard Kirby games and I'm going to have puzzles that aren't just "have the right ability with you" but that's about it
I wanted to remove the floating altogether (Kirby games are honestly a lot more fun if you avoid using the float) but the other people I'm working with got on my ass about that

if you have any suggestions for meaningful differences I'd love to hear them, the game is early enough in development that I can still take it in any direction

Thanks freindo

Hey man, take care of yourself first. Depression can really take a lot out of a person. Take as much time as you need. I can wait as long as you need.

I plan on it. Also just for shit's an giggles, got a suggestion for a dumb hat for Kirb?

BORB!!!!

Hey man, take care of yourself. Depression is tough, but you can make it, friend. One day at a time.

>gooey and dark matter blade playable

hahah the first think that comes to mind when you say dumb hat is a MAGA hat

or one of these in my pic

He could technically still get into legal trouble after he releases it, you're not absolved from the law just because you got it into the hands of the public. They could still come after his ass, if they really wanted to.

not if he releases through a vpn

It's looking like Needle Kirby's hat.

then the vpn server gets shut down and they get the info from the vpn host

honestly if he doesn't ask for donations or charges for the game the legal repercussions are almost non existent. but once money is involved, forget it, they will sink your ass into the ground

>Someone making a kirby airride successor

Look man, if you can pull this off you will be my personal hero. Just make the wheelie scooter as fun as it was

I will never as for a cent for this project. No Patreon, GoFunMe. Nothing.

yeah at first I was thinking of one of those silly propeller hats but Kirby has one of those from a copy ability so I didn't post that.

honestly though if you give him a maga hat I would literally love you and be your best friend. I didn't even vote for trump but it's silly/dumb nonetheless

I'll make a MDRGA for 'Make Dream Land Great Again.' Would that work?

Suck a dick you e celeb faghat. Youll come and go same as the rest of them, and youll make less money than if you had an actual job. Tripfags are cancer, gb2 /bed/ you dick lick

no bully user
thank you

MDLGA. Not MDRGA. Jesus christ.

I'm a student and am living off my scholarships. This is just a passion project. I won't make any money off it and I know this. Sorry I upset you I guess. I hope you feel better soon.

Not exactly a fan game per se, but this Danmakufu script uses Abilities as bullet patterns and is quite inventive.
bulletforge.org/u/marioismario/p/danmakufu-reskin-012m-kirby-of-the-stars-completed

lmao yes just a simple red baseball cap with the text "MAKE DREAMLAND GREAT AGAIN" would be hilarious

OH NO YOU LIVE OFF OF DOING WORK. HOLY SHIT WHAT A CATASTROPHE! get bent you pretentious fuckbuck.

Yeah but actual tracks make up, what, a third of the events?

There's a plethora of ideas for a unique Kirby game. Unfortunately you're making yet another 2D one so you can't get too creative. I'm sure you're aware of Obake, it's not that great and I think it came out after Squeak Squad but that's a neat take. Anyway here's one idea off the top of my head:

A Kirby style game where the environment is detailed and physical (think Noita) and your combat and puzzles are done with unique applications of Kirby's swallow and spit mechanic. Probably no copy abilities to keep the focus tight. Like a vaccuum Kirby can suck up water with real-time physics, displacing it drop-by-drop, making it splash around and settling in different areas. He can suck near a tree and then stop sucking to have the trunk whip back into position, hitting an enemy. Things he sucks up no longer get digested into generic stars but instead retain their original properties, meaning Kirby can suck up crates to stack them up, the boxes collide with the wall and drop as you would expect instead of just exploding. Swallow near a little fire to get rid of the flames then shoot a fireball from Kirby's mouth. Don't try to swallow an enemy when you're in front of a pit of sand or you'll get a mouthful of grit. Kirby's games are all very cartoony and simplified, so I think it would be a fresh take to see what it would be like to control Kirby in a world that has traction and moves how it should. I feel the juxtaposition would fit the series' sense of humor.

Remember best Kirby games are all about mixing things up:
Kirby's Adventure added copy abilities.
Kirby Super Star gave copy abilities full movesets, like fighting game characters.
Kirby's Dream Land 3 introduced buddies who can combine with one-attack copy abilities to do new effects while also changing how Kirby moves.
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards gave us ability crafting: add two abilities to get a different one.

Innovate!

I'm not sure what you mean. I live off of my scholarships from college. In my free time I work on this project.

Are you okay? I know the holidays are stressful for a lot of people.

You get a paycheck for doing "work". Must be so hard being a student.....

I hate nu/v/

My work is my studies and classes. Why is that a bad thing?

You can achieve your dreams too, user. I believe in you.

>trying so desperately to bring someone down because they're doing shit you wish you could

Lol stay angry and frustrated

Are you sure? Developing a game takes a while especially if you are doing this solo. Combined with college you are eventually going to hit a snag at some point. I am not trying to discourage you but realize what you are getting yourself into and adjust your expectations. Kirby Air Ride wasn't made in Sakurais basement, it was made by a team of people with some serious funding from Nintendo. Again I am not saying you cant do this but it may not turn out the way you envisioned in your head.

I know that it's possible that I'm way over doing it. But the only way to know is to try. Granted most models, textures, concepts, gameplay features are already done and figured out so that's a shitload of time saved. Plus I have friends that have offered to help with this so I'll have help at some point.

Kirby Air Ride was also made before the power of Unity was available

oh shit Karg thread!
Love you man you're a fucking legend, i hope everything is going well

the funding only matters because these people need to pay their bills and eat and shit. if karg has all this covered all he needs is an assload of free time.

just out of curiosty karg, did you take a comp sci class in highschool?

It's been a while since I saw this.

Why would anyone draw this
Why would anyone sit down for literally hours and draw this

Everything's going great. Getting good grades, moving to a new place soon (Long story, it's a good thing though), gf started college too. Everything's going great. Also nice birb.

I took every computer science class my highschool offered. There weren't a lot of them but we were a small-ish school. Already took some more comp sci classes last year in college.

Also yeah, the only thing I really need is time which comes in spades if I finish my homework.

>got a suggestion for a dumb hat for Kirb?
A fedora
I'm Eggscellent
Gohan's 4-star hat
Goofy hat
Please Be Patient I Have Autism
Red MAGA hat

This.
The tits are unnecessary.
The rest is fine though.

this small-ish school doesn't happen to be in new jersey does it?

lul I said red maga hat too but that autism one is just as funny i'm surprised I didn't think of that first since I say "autism" irl a lot

It does not. West Coast.

Also I'll be including a red 'Make Dreamland Great Again' hat.

i only have my edit, anyone have the original one?

Not a dumb hat really, but I remember one of your first posts had a picture of you listening to The Protomen. Sniper Joe Helmet?

Lol I love epic memes

you know everyone are trying to have fun. Me too i think that's dumb shit to add these hats, but well i'm not here to be a dick to anyone. You should do the same you'll see life will be easier hikikomori-kun

fuckin reeeeeeeeekt lmao

Out of all of these I'll probably add a fedora just because, a hat similar to Gohan's. Kinda like a Jiangshi hat. And a red MDLGA hat.

Eh, it's not like this game will get finished within the next 20 years anyway, if it even gets finished to begin with.

If that's not to your taste how about a traditional daoshi hat?
Kirby is, in my opinion, quite Taoist in essence-- Tao, meaning he embodies many of the traits of the ancient Chinese Way. For example, in his modest appearance, Kirby is small, pink, and always wears a happy face (disregarding American Box-arts). His cute exterior masks his true inner potential and ferocious skills/appetite- much like how a true master of martial arts does not go around starting fights, both paths are the key to a long, happy life. He is an entity composed of opposite energies and can produce the Five Elements: Kirby can be cold as ice, hot as fire, quick as lightning, still as stone, soft as a cloud- or sharp as needles. One of Kirby's most famous skills is the ability to inhale enemies and their attacks, and either copy them, or spit them back out as stars. This technique is certainly very similar to TaiChi, where the opponent's force is used against them. The way Kirby gains abilities can be thought of as the potential each of us has within ourselves- we have the chi to become anything we set our minds to, with proper direction and diligence. Kirby is round and simple- a symbolic representation of the cycle of life and the genuine nature of all things. Kirby has good morals (De), always helping those who come to him in need, and often making friends, going so far as to convert former enemies into friends through pure will and good-character. Finally, both he and Dedede know the value of Wu Wei: despite his fame and power, Kirby prefers to live the lazy lifestyle in the amazingly peaceful Dream Land, where the King rules by doing absolutely nothing. Yes, Kirby's world is full of valuable lessons we can all apply to ourselves, if one is willing to delve deeper than the surface of this subtly philosophical series.

This post is an impressive false flag.