MMO Thread: Happy Birthday Aion

Today Aion becomes a lagacy MMO reaching 10 years of service, there aren't many MMOs that can brag about living for 10 years. Hell I can't even think of anything besides WoW

Also,
>Whatcha playing
>Whatcha grinding
>Whatcha interested in playing or trying?

new aion game when

There's a project in development right now by the aion team and I'm hoping it's Aion II, but if not it might be something like a graphical update.

>Hell I can't even think of anything besides WoW

Really? I can think of at least 10 off the top of my head

Goddamn I miss Aion sometimes. It was the first think after wow that has actual promise.

Rifting was fun as fuck with a small party. Any seiges we're a lagfest but incredible to be a part of. The world and lore were somewhat decent and compelling enough. Chain combat was a neat gimmick that worked well and made combat feel quick.

But fuck that grind wall after ~40.

I still have my collectors edition figure sitting around somewhere and I go back and play it maybe once a year but never stick around for long.

Project A2. I really hope it's Aion 2 and we see something about it fairly soon.

I still fap to this game on private servers. The nude mod is pretty okay.

Go ahead and list them man so I can check them out. Honestly I didn't start growing interest in MMOs until around late 2009, and didn't have a laptop capable of playing PC games until 2011. And even then most of the stuff like AION, RO Online, Vindictus, and Tera was too high for my specs even on low settings. I used to watch a youtube channel called MMOHut which is where I found out about most MMO games.

You should go back! I've been thinking about getting into AION and just experiencing what it has to offer.

bump

Just started playing Riders of Icarus two days so far I'm enjoying it.

EVE online
Tibia
Runescape
Ultima Online
Lord of The Rings Online
Lineage 2
Dungeon & Dragons Online
MapleStory
Final Fantasy XI
Ragnarok Online

>Ragnarok Online
this still exist!? I thought it died because it went 3d or something.

It exists. They just killed some region servers and merged them in global ones.

>to get the best armor you need to make an extremely expensive but useless item that has to proc (20% chance) to get one of the pieces
at least this piece of shit cured me of korean grinding RNG shit.

>We will never get Tera 2
>Tfw no next gen Amans
Muh fuggen dragon amazons.

>implying korea will ever think about putting an MMO into NA again after net neutrality passes

There's always conquer online, which is pushing 13 years.

nexon and nsoft are big enough to grease the palms for priority speed. Gives them a good excuse to ask for more sub money/P2W.

>Bless Online is on steam
i will give this 4 months top

Nexon has less than 10% of their earnings coming from a combination of EU and NA
I really fucking doubt they'd even bother at that point.

I wanna fuck the catgirls.

Everquest 1 and 2

>only a very select little group of people were around to experience this game at it's peak before Trion ruined it
>only those few people are able to sympathize with the feeling of loss at how ruined it is now

Genuinely the best MMORPG ever made. Best class system in existence, best housing and RP communities, best raids/PvE. Better than WoW in every way, and I'll never get to experience it properly ever again.

Fucking kill me now.

Tibia released in 1997, its still alive

what's wrong with what we have now

well at least footage about TERA class awakenings appeared online now

I loved rift before that based sab, still my favorite class of any game

>tfw be australian
>hardly any playable servers
>just wanna socialize and play vidya

What else has oceanic servers besides WoW?

Sab was top-tier. Fun in both PVE and PVP. It's too bad, but I think Rift is beyond saving now unless Trion make a radical move.
>go back to the pay-per-month model
>distribute all cash-shop items around the game then remove the store completely
>remove the Primalist calling (4 callings were enough) and focus on balancing all the souls the other 4 already have
>completely wipe all servers of all characters/progress or make new ones which cannot be migrated to
>call it Rift Reborn

There's a genuinely good game hidden somewhere under there but there are just too many mistakes made by Trion to show it off.

Oh and for my Europoors:
>give at least one RP shard for Euros

>TERA 2
>When TERA is Lineage 3

runescape

>socializing in MMOs
>2017

No one wants to make friends or talk to you these days.

>the thing the game touted the most out of everything when being released was the ability to fly anywhere
>the flying is stiff dogshit

wow, what an incredible legacy.

It's old. I want better models. And proper body sliders. And skintight bodysuits for everyone.

>being close to japan AND south korea
>not taking advantage of this
yuo whot m8

You are operating on the premise that Trion are smart people, and they are provably not.

NOTHING TO FUCKING PLAY

SAVE ME

I don't get it. Don't Straya learn Jap in schools? Why the fuck aren't you playing with the country that has more girl players than anywhere in the world and consider white cock the gift of the gods?

Fucking amazing game, made WoW look like complete garbage.

Sadly nothing of the sort will ever happen, pretty sure they will close the game down completely soon.

I'm interested in FF XIV but I'm Australian and I am almost attacks get delayed by ping, therefore making me objectively weaker than people who live closest to the servers. Feels like the only MMO I can play without being gimped is Maplestory where the combat is mostly client sided.

150 ping though lad

>Tera M remembered Amani and Popori existed
>Popori gets an alchemist class
wtf you told me tera is all about ironic weebshit elins

>there aren't many MMOs that can brag about living for 10 years
most the current ones on the market.

Congratulations on the great taste. You are part of a very small elite group of people that are genetically superior to the rest.

Of course not. Hell will freeze over long before Trion understand what they're potentially sitting on.

All their servers (NA and EU) have been on "low" for over 2 years now. The game's gotta' be running on empty.

It's sad because post F2P all the games servers were on "medium" and during the peak hours most were on "high" or even "full". F2P is always a mistake.

Too right.

>tfw playing it when Pyro was insanely OP
>owning PvP and being trash talked for playing OP class

I fucking remember "Cinderburst" having a 120498 hour cast time, but there was a proc that made it an instant cast and it ate 90% of clothie-HP.

Mages really were glass cannons.

Literally PoM Pyro

>roll Warrior
>there is a spec called Tempest
>it's a ranged spec for a fucking melee class based around the concept of lighting

Pic relates was literally me.

Fuck Rift was fun while it lasted.

warrior main in vanilla rift here.
it was hell, can't tell you how often i had to sit at range
>instead of fixing encounter design to be more melee friendly, they give warriors a ranged spec so they can actually hit things

was mostly fun though.

Rift was goat before they ruined it.