I was reading this old article about gaming in South America:

I was reading this old article about gaming in South America:

playstationlifestyle.net/2013/03/19/sony-playstation-and-the-uphil-battle-for-the-south-america-gaming-market/

Is it that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WXrVUZZ5Ing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is worse than you think. South America countries are widely infested with corruption, state interference and taxes. Their economies don't growth healthy, most of the Income distribution is absurdly unequal and the majority don't have access basic human needs like sanitation. Also, it rivals Africa as the most violent continent.

I see

We straight up have to lie in the registration thing or else we get a crippled version of the PStore with half the content and double the prices.

"Oregon" here

Might need a update from the last years since it got a bit better (at least in Argentina) but it's pretty spot on.

Central America here, I do not know a single person that has their PS3/4 jailbroken or the sorts. I would argue it is not a common practice in the country.

As for the prices, that's true. I paid $400 for my Switch and games regularly go for $80. (after taxes) Only reason I bought it here was because it was sold out on Amazon, otherwise I would have just bought it from the US lmao.

Also the tech-savy part is bullshit. People know PS plus and the benefits, people know to share accounts for DLC, and they know creating a US account is the only way to go.

I'm Brazilian, but I'm also a pure Ashkenazi jew with an Israeli citizenship, so I do have a PS4 and a Switch.

Niggers and carboard skinned people can't afford the consoles, which is great, because the brazilian PSN is made entirely of jews and white-ishes of almost pure european descent.

Although I don't enjoy having to deal with so many gentiles, the community as a whole is pretty good.

I'm curious

Do South Americans have Black Friday Sales deals?

Got a PS4 with 5 games for $300 in Mexico

Cyber Monday is coming here next week as well

SOPA DE JEW soon, filthy oven dodger

Como odio todo este maldito continente. Quiero largarme de aquí

Where you from?

The black friday meme is slowly getting here year by year, got me a sweet 75 inch tv at half price.

Doesn't affect vidya yet tho

>largarme
Some mestizo shithole judging by his awful dialect

We're the only county with a decent economy compared to every other latinamerica country, thats why we can have the luxury of having pseudo "black fridays" and good deals in consoles and games, a shame really being born as a sudaca and trying to cope with the idea that your country will always be a shitter mexico to all the world.

tl;dr was born in NYC, but had to come live in Ecuador at 8 years of age since mom was gonna be deported. Lived in the capital until I graduated from high school. Then I went to the US for 3 years of college and ran out of money, returned to Ecuador to live in a shittier city since 2010. I got my college degree, and I honestly can't fucking wait to leave this godforsaken country

Ándate directamente a la casa de la verga, hijueputa malparido

???
Other countries in Latin america have black friday deals lol

>Chicano from Ecudador
See how right I was? you can tell the race of latin americans by the words they use
I'm happy you got deported

>sony tries to enter the south american market
no they are not
>PSN uses dollaroos instead of tacollaroos
>dolar goes up and down like crazy, meaning that the prices are not stable
>nintendo and even fucking microsoft uses tacolaroos in their online stores
you had juan job

Nintendo doesn't even have the eShop in most latin countries lol

Chilean here we're fine

> Verbo pronominal
>Used correctly
I see nothing wrong with his Spanish, Mexican elitist

>tfw microsoft is the only one offering a good service down here
>but they have no fucking games

I don't mind tho. Just make a US account, it's better anyways.

Its not that its incorrect its just a shitskin dialect
>Mexican
Wut? mexicans use that word too AFAIK

>steams adds support for my currency
>bought Downwell for the price of a cheap candybar

things are looking up Id say

>I rate you're sudaca
Where are you from then?

Born in Argentina, living in France.

Taxation + inflation kills vidya, especially colsole/retail vidya.

Oh you earn 1000 madurons that are worth 300$? Well, now they are worth 250$. Also you will give us 300 madurons back as income tax because corruption machine needs fuel.

Import vidya consoles? They will have to pay luxury tax so instead of 1100 madurons, they end up costing 3000 madurons in stores. This is why the black market is such a big thing in SA countries.

How's anto?

How's France treating you? I was thinking of moving there after graduating college

You shouldn't if you are from Ecuador people will assume you're Morrocan and treat you like shit

Andá a comer verdadera comida europea, chupale la pija a un árabe y dejame de romper las pelotas boludo de mierda

>Have a guy who travells to the USA every 2 months, he literally lives by charging money to bring you stuff.
>Get Amazon prime
>Pay 50$ for new games
>Pay the guy 10$ to bring it
>Profit

It also helps to have money, got myself Persona 5 soundtrack and artbook recently.

La minoría mas grande en el lugar donde vivo son Italianosyo siendo parte, no te comas el verso de Sup Forums pelotudo

I am from Panama and have a french name. (all of it, including both last names) Will I be good?

>Africa

Wouldn't that depend on skin color though? I'm Ecuadorian but I am much lighter in skin color than most people here. Plus my height is way above the Latin American average, so most people don't assume I'm from here.

Your name doesn't matter, in fact its better for you to have a Spanish or Italian name because Spanish French people are usually upper class snobs and Italian French are either middle class or upper depending where you at, its your race that matters, mestizos are grouped with arabs

I'm fucked then?

> am much lighter in skin color than most people here
That doesn't mean anything in Europe

Posteen su primera vidya waifu, malparidos

Why would you go to one of the shittiest EU countries? There is nothing good there.

Others go up for some reason, and now they dropped paypal support.

Aren't south american countries also leading the serial killer highscores?

South America is a civil war zone. Brazil has almost the same number of homicide count as Syrian war casualties.

you know, the only thing i'm really missing from my life is vidyia. and even then i can just buy a pc and pirate everything. i don't really have it that bad all things considered.

Why are porteños such nazis?

I'm from Venezuela and it's actually worse since we don't have game stores since the 8th gen and inflation and corruption makes obtaining legal vidya almost impossible. Which is why piracy is rampant and there're almost no users with last gen consoles/PCs. Unless you count sons of corrupt officials

Is it true that the minimum wage in Venezuela is 3 dollars a month? How the fuck do you even survive?

>sudacas
Who cares

Basically this, aside from usual latam inequality shit and car jackers i cant complain.

and how can i buy my gift cards? im not gonna put my credit card on sonys servers

Currently is 1,5$ a month if you don't count the >bonus called "cestaticket", which is like 2$. As myself, I work as a designer for an aussie marketing company and earn little bit more than minimum wage there, so I'm somewhat comfy here. Just life needs and no luxuries.
Also, food here is very cheap, but scarse; electronics are a mere dream and cars/houses are unpayable unless you're a top chavista. Shit sucks

You can buy them from Amazon

>Black Friday "deals" are basically increasing prices and then adding a tag with a discount
>Store is 20% more expensive in USD
I hate this shithole

Holy shit, then it is unthinkable to even buy a game an international prices, I have a fellow Venezuelan coworker here in Uruguay and he is been telling us how bad it is there.

I complain about my country but it's paradise compared to Venezuela.

If someone went full "BUILD WALL" here and kicked all the Nicaraguans and Colombians out of the country, Costa Rica would be bretty neato.

Bartering system, odd jobs and prostitution.
It's why those fuckers are fleeing their homeland and crashing other countries instead of rising up in a civil war as they should

Brazilian PSN is a shithole like everything else Brazilian on the Internet, you filthy poser kike. Trying to look cool for the gringos, you piece of shit?

where the fuck are you basing this shit on, brazil?

Not exactly like this but it's similar. Our economy went full Zimbabwe and people look for jobs in other currency to exchange that for bolívares to buy food and not fucking starve. All non first need shops are pretty broken here, because people have no money to buy clothes or shoes.
Although my city is close to Brazil and there's always people from Boa Vista comming to buy things because they're cheaper thanks to the inflation

There are two types of latin american countries:
Those where you can't flush toilet paper
And Argentina

T. white argentinean

>It's why those fuckers are fleeing their homeland and crashing other countries
Tfw my ex gf left to Argentina, my current one is also leaving in february and my sister left to Spain 2 weeks ago

Where the fuck do they even get the money from to leave

Prostitution

Pls go to Colombia and stop ruining Europe and Buenos Aires

Freelancing or going chavista and being a corrupt nigger. Also this Ok

Fuck off, we don't want them here either
They've spent the last ten years regurgitating propaganda and demonizing us and now it's all
>pls help
>gibs
>hermanos bolivarianos

Reminder that the most popular console in Brazil is still the fucking Sega Master System

>Uses toilet paper
Caveman. Get a bidet.

Outside of Brazil, is there any other relevant country in South America?

>not both
Negro boliviano
BOLIVANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Both? What the fuck for?

As far as memes go?
No

Are you an actual villero or just trolling?

I don't know much about South American video gaming but I know the Sega Master System and Genesis went strong for fucking decades after they fell outta style literally everywhere else in Brazil.

See? This wouldn't have happened if Bolivar didn't do his independence shit.
>t. Shameless Spaniard.

>Have a device which allows you to wash your butt without needing toilet paper and which makes toilet paper irrelevant
>"lmao just use both"
There's something horribly wrong with you.

The water is supposed to clean what the paper can't
Disgusting fucking negro

Exactly, you stupid retard. Water cleans way better than paper does.

The only remotely decent country in SA is Uruguay.

You'll never hear anything in the news about Uruguay, and that's always a good sign.

Your bullshit kingdom would have fallen apart regardless and we would have gotten our independance without even asking for it.
I mean how is it that you stupid motherfuckers never annexed Portugal? The peninsula is a square, it should be one single country.
And now Cataluña wants to fuck off, jesus christ.

Your bidet is not supposed to get exposed to that amount of shit, your bathroom is probably a nesting ground of disease
Go ask anyone who is not a nigger like you

Uruguay is basically a province of Argentina with only 3 million people

Basically a non country

Reminder that Mujica was the best president that ever existed.
>t. Shameless Spaniard

You've described the USA. Be more specific.

>didn't do his independence shit.

Pot and kettle.

>Catalunya.
Tio, tu ets beneit no? No som el Regne Unit on es pot fer referendums per independencia gracies a sa seva Carta Magna. En Espanya es ilegal y els que volen l'independencia son un 43% del catalans, sense dubtes no son una majoria com intenten mostrar al mon.
>oh yes, I'm also a fucking catalan-speaker

Argentina is a shithole with some elitist places, while other are literally just plain shit, in some provinces you are lucky if you get 1Mb internet, stop bragging fucking porteño.

Do you have celiac disease or something? Genuine question, because I am wondering how much you think a healthy person needs to clean themselves after going to the bathroom. Either that, or you don't clean your bidet and toilet regularly either. Go do that, and eat more fiber while you're at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=WXrVUZZ5Ing

Well that's not hard when there are only 3 million people living in the country

>I am wondering how much you think a healthy person needs to clean themselves after going to the bathroom
That says it all Brian

Here in Hueland consoles are expensive as fuck so that's why people go for PC gaming.

I have a friend who buys parts from Paraguay and he did a good price for me to build mine.

>t. butthurt porteño

Your country is falling apart from corruption faggot, enjoy your shitty internet unless you live in a major city.

not chile lol

hell our murder rate is lower than a-mutt-rica

t. Brazilian.