My 85 year old grandpa wanted me to teach him how to play World At War. He doesn’t want to go home now

My 85 year old grandpa wanted me to teach him how to play World At War. He doesn’t want to go home now.

Other urls found in this thread:

euronews.com/2017/11/24/us-military-funds-ai-brain-implants-to-treat-veterans-post-traumatic-stress-disorder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

F

Because you suck his dick while he plays?

thanks for the gold guys

Great post OP! *upboated*

How do I get a Sup Forums gold account?
Can someone pm me?

Good on him for choosing the superior WaW and not WW2. What does he think of the Russian campaign?

Done

Are you from le leddit lelm

uck you

I never really considered how veterans feel about FPS games.

>Grandfather actually served in the Navy during WW2
>Died when I was 6 long before I knew how badass that was and before I could talk to him about it

feels so bad

I've run into a few during my earlier CoD online sessions. Iraq and Afghanistan vets though

Upboated!! :D

cute

Shitloads of veterans and exmilitary play SS13: Colonial Marines
like at least half the server

You literally took this from /r/gaming. Don't ask me how i know.

Did you ask him if he regrets fighting the axis knowing now what would happen to his people?

Soon you'll be playing with AI enhanced vets.
euronews.com/2017/11/24/us-military-funds-ai-brain-implants-to-treat-veterans-post-traumatic-stress-disorder

sent ;)

He's living out his childhood dream.
Let him have this.

All my grandparents are dead.
I miss them.

One guy I know who was actually in combat in Afghanistan refuses to play FPS anymore, unless it's something like Doom or an older game with very unrealistic graphics like Goldeneye. He has PTSD pretty bad, though.

Most of the other ones I know have no problem with them and play them like no tomorrow.

Oh come on you can’t be serious. Kojima does it again

>be me
>it's Summer 2001
>I finally convince my dad to get us a new computer to replace the IBM we've had running 3.1 for over a decade now.
>No more DOS games for me!
>get pic related, Pavilion 7850, a beast of a machine running off an Nvidia Riva TNT2 and AMD processor
>as part of a deal, we get MSN internet and 3 games, Tony Hawk 2, Call to Power 2, and Escape from Monkey Island
>Absolutely psyched
>Dad's shitty friend from overseas has spent the last half year with us while "establishing" himself back here stateside
>computer is set up in basement near guest room
>He's always around, hovering over and seeing what we're playing
>come down one morning
>guy is using the thing without asking
>playing my games
>browsing MY web
>doesn't leave for another few months and have to keep putting up with this bullshit
>tell him off one time and get beat for it
Dude was a scumbag

>grandpa only wants to play as the Nazis

GRANDPA NO!

My Grandpa was loved CoD, he'd watch me play it all day long back in the day.
My father, a vietnam vet fucking LOVED Battlefield Vietnam. He'd be screaming and yelling obscenities while blasting gooks.
I was in Afghanistan and Iraq, and it's never bothered me. I've seen tonnes of people die in front of me, people blown up left and right. Never had a problem. Never had PTSD. The worst I had was panic attacks, but that only happened if I had a nightmare, and that only happened like three times from memory, and they were usually after extremely stressful days.

If memory serves right, most of the people I served with loved Battlefield 2142.

that doesnt involve grandparents at all, billy.

read

He was like an old uncle, I guess. Point is, mother fucker wouldn't go home.

I really wasn't expecting to hear those words, I always assumed that server was full of starwar gmod rp tier autistics.

the server's /k/ as fuck my dude

My grandfather loved Medal of Honor during the PS2 days. He enjoyed how accurate it was to WW2, and would always ask on the phone when is the next time I can bring over the PS2 to play it with him.

>nobody points out that the geezer in op's pic is playing on a 360

>great uncle lived in Vietnam during the Vietnam War
>got captured by the North Vietnamese during the war and was sent to a re-education camp
>basically had to watch a shitton of communist propaganda while eating barely anything (and when they did get to eat, it was basically pig feed)
>eventually was released after the war was over
>moved to America
>comes over and sees me playing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
>tells me to kill as many as the VC as I can as brutally as possible in the game
>don't tell him I have to switch sides after a round is over

It's weird with him because he still loves Vietnam's culture and people living it. But he despises the government to the ends of the world. That's why he never wants to go back.

>World At War

>being this clinically demented