What do we do with the Darkstalkers franchise? It's so cool and I want more

What do we do with the Darkstalkers franchise? It's so cool and I want more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZorHWq-o3ds
youtube.com/watch?v=fBTaVzluckw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What new monsters can they even add?

>Port Darkstalkers HD to PS4/X1 for $15~, discount if you own it on seventh gen
>update DS3, no rebalancing old characters
>add new ones with new stages/music/story
>introduce CvSNK2 colour pallet thing and microtransaction it
>1.99 for a blue pack, red pack etc for each character
>someone would probably buy it
>update again with new shit for a final time and support it at tourneys

that statues gonna cost a bomb isnt it?

Let it die. It has no fans, just waifufags who want to circlejerk over the characters. You couldn't even be assed to by the ports let alone play any version, so what's the point.

>Hiroshima joke here

>his waifu isn't a zombie Ozzy Osborne
Whattaya, gay?

bump

I bet you dont even play the game

but i bought it and play it

I only put the figma in the OP because I thought tiddies would pull in the (You)s.

I do, it's fun. The art design and music is fucking cool.

>What do we do with the Darkstalkers franchise?
Make a fucking game. It's been 20 years.

Bump for this alone

Man i loved Sasquatch, Victor and Bishamon so much, i'd give anything to play as them again, i just feel the game wouldn't be successful today unless they tried adapting it to newer times but i fear that would ruin DS.

it's like 20 years old. just cremate it and forget about it.

>grim reaper
>Lucifer and Gabriel/Jibril
>Pazuzu/anything exorcist related
>slasher villain amalgamation
>robot ala Terminator
>ayy lmao
>a cool human

Honestly best case scenario.

The art would look cool in 4K.

>grim reaper
That's basically Jedah.
>robot ala Terminator
They've had once since the series' very first game.

They can always make them up like the later games.

>That's basically Jedah.
Yeah but I want one like the modern version of Death from Marvel for big goth tiddies.
>robot ala Terminator
I'm talking full cyberpunk time travelling assassin.

>The art would look cool in 4K.

The spirtes look horrible at 1024x768 already.
Barely managable in fHD if you don't mind barfing between rounds.
And you want them to stretch those 30x40 sprites into 4k?

Come on, user.

Grim reaper as a cute girl.

No

not an arguement

Fuck off retard

I want a Darkstalker character to be an optional super boss in the next Devil May Cry.

It's a 1/4, the lowest it could possibly be would be $150 before shipping, probably closer to $200.
If it's resin or something it's going to be ridiculous

>what's the point
Waifufags = sales.

>big goth tiddies
Good taste

Ingrid
Dante from the Devil May Cry series

>Waifufags = sales.
If that were the case Darkstalkers 3 would have sold more than Darkstalkers 2, but it didn't.

>yfw it's Lord Raptor

>masked slasher
>Greek mythical monster amalgamation
>onryō

>B86 W56 H83
I feel like her hips a higher.

>Baba yaga
>Aztec/Mayan inspired thing

Japanese myths/folklore have a lot of monsters they can use as well.

Are there any other games that reward and allow aggressiveness as much as Darkstalkers without turning into combo-driven games?

KI is kind of like it (with just about every character being rushdown) but it's much slower and all about the combo system.

Stuff like MvC2 or Skullgirls are both fast enough and offensive, but once again, the pace is disrupted by long swathes of time where you're not even allowed to control the character because of flashy combos.

>Aztec/Mayan inspired thing

They already have the robot.

He actually isn't all that Aztec/Mayan when it comes down to it, though. His overall look is based on Jomon sculpture. They probably just stuck him in Mexico because they already had Bishamon representing Japan.

Capcom's official measurements have never really fit how they actually drew the characters anyway.

What do you expect, though? To have artists do everything with rulers as to keep to some set proportions?

I would love to see that.

No, of course not. Especially when you're talking about something as stylized as Capcom fighting games. A lot of what makes that sort of thing effective is being able to break consistency when you want to.

I would love to see people posting more pics, particularly of Lilith. But we cant always get what we want.

Well, you'd run into lots of issues, especially when squish and stretch comes into play, the variable size of pixels on various displays, etc.

Anyway, there's 18 people in this thread and Fightcade only has 4 in the lobby. Are you all using the console version to play VS?

Sweating, drooling, and I think she even peed herself. She needs to take a shower and calm down.

I just dick around in single player in MAME. I should get on Fightcade one of these days. I know everyone would just wipe the floor with me, but at least I'd be participating somehow.

lovecraftian stuff
aliens in general
fair folk
tree people
giants
trolls
and like a million things from hindu myths

>tree people
That actually was one of the ideas they brought up and threw out during the development of the first Darkstalkers.

>I should get on Fightcade one of these days.

Just do it, user. Fightcade has a chat bound to T which allows you to chat with your opponent and I have yet to find someone who wouldn't respond to stuff if asked. VS is not a hard game to get into. If you know the basic fighting game methodology, someone could get you up to speed in no time. Find a character you like playing as and you're a part of the club.
Worst come to worst, the opponent is good so they'll just pick Anubis whom they don't know how to play and who is especially punishing for someone like that, evening the odds for just about anyone.

>VS is not a hard game to get into
It actually is, and the difference in skill levels between players is extremely high.

>so they'll just pick Anubis
No character exists with that name

darkstalkers is not a very good fighting game series and never has been. the characters are fun and it pushed the envelope in movement/combos and animation instead of being a sf2 clone but the series itself has been supassed by stuff like guilty gear.

vsav is a game that falls apart at even a mid level of play and most people that play it do so because they played it for ages. nobody guves a shit about any other game in the series.

there is a reason darkstalkers hd failed. theres a reason every darkstalkers thread on Sup Forums turns into an image dump. its just not very popular and has no real lasting appeal outside of a very niche audience. there is nothing wrong with how capcom treats the series (constant cameo/crossover appearance despite being 23 years old)

>nobody guves a shit about any other game in the series.
Vampire Hunter still gets regular tournaments.

>darkstalkers is not a very good fighting game series and never has been
Wrong, Vampire has always been one of the best fighting game series, Vampire Savior remains one of the best fighting games to date.

>supassed by stuff like guilty gear.
LOL I hope this is bait and someone doesn't really think a poorly designed and broken game like guilty gear is anywhere close to the level of Vsav

>vsav is a game that falls apart at even a mid level
Completely false, I doubt you even know how the game plays at low level

I'm not saying the game is super easy, but it's reasonably fast to give people a rough enough idea that they are able to do decently against people who know how to play the game.

Unlike a lot of modern games where it's just bodying for hours before they even get a single enemy life in.

And it's the mummy. Anumbi, Arrakis, whatever A something.

vsav aka monster mash because all you do is dash and hit buttons as most of the cast

wolf, sasquatch, fishman, qbee all these characters exist to dash around the screen hitting buttons and put you in cheap setups over and over. there are also the "hard to play" characters like bulleta, jedah and bishamon who require some execution to have a gameplan that's very similar to the first group (spam the screen in shit you can't deal with, put you in the blender over and over, unblockable your assall day) and the rest of the roster is almost entirely characters who are blatantly way weaker than the rest like all the shotos or victor. if vsav was as good as you were saying it would have a fanbase of more than 20 people worldwide (50% being people in japan who played it every weekend at the arcade for a decade, 50% fightcade monsters that only play this game well)

as for guilty gear, "I doubt you even know how the game plays at low level" to you too you ESL motherfucker.

>but it's reasonably fast to give people a rough enough idea that they are able to do decently against people who know how to play the game.
This is the exact opposite of what its like, new players get dumped on hard in Vsav

>but it's reasonably fast to give people a rough enough idea
*mashes sasquatch dash pressure against u*
*puts you in talbain/rikuo corner traps that require you to know the extremely specific hitboxes of your character and mine as well as masterty of the literally random pushblock mechanic to easily escape*

try again in 100 years kiddo

Would a Darkstalkers Musou work

Oh look its the Bishamon shit poster again, like clockwork, every thread.

You're mentally ill if you think only one person has issues with your game. And you're a moron if you zero in on complaints about a single character when I called out the entire cast instead of actually defending your shit.

If people outside of super specific minorities gave a single fuck about darkstalkers instead of just fapping to the characters darkstalkers resurrection wouldn't have been an objective failure that sold worse than the shitty port HD of HTFF (a game that plays about as grimey as vsav without being objectively garbage with the most degenerate top tiers this side of the power rangers fighting game)

>guilty gear
LOL, its always the goobers coming into every thread begging for players, no one plays your shitty anime kusoge for a reason.

>Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to my fightcade room that's had the same 10 people in it since 2009 to practice my Hko airdash mixups

Well, these are nasty (QBee too) for a newcomer to deal with but only a dick would pick them against someone who's obviously new.

Reminder Vampire Savior is the most balanced fighting game ever made.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZorHWq-o3ds

In your own words

>it's reasonably fast to give people a rough enough idea that they are able to do decently against people who know how to play the game.

Except that bullshit like that is literally all people "who know how to play the game do" because that's all darkstalkers is outside of the most basic fighting game shit of "jump, move around, chain moves together into knockdown"

You can do decently well once you get used to the pace of the game and know some basic stuff, though you're not going to be beating anyone that really knows the game
More easy to learn, hard to master desu

there was just an east coast tourney

>"jump, move around, chain moves together into knockdown"
You're thinking of guilty gear

morrigan is cute

>First round
>Victor player gets raped by mashsquatch so hard he ends up picking him too and wins

>b-but someone not using top tiers won so it's fine
kuroda argument has never been real

youtube.com/watch?v=fBTaVzluckw

best theme for best grill
the remix is an abomination

Vsav really is the greatest fighting game ever made.

It’s called “wait for Capcom to unfurl themselves first”.

Jersey Devil.

Floe actually mains mashsquatch tho
he just wanted to dick around

we need hispanic folk monsters, like La Llorona

Amingo fuckin when?

Er, unfuck.

But unfurl works too.