Convince me not to buy the Switch

Convince me not to buy the Switch.

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/08/cygames-platinum-games-announce-action-rpg-granblue-fantasy-project-re-link
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell us why you want a switch and I'll tell you why that reason sucks.

Exclusives.

Emulation

The exclusives are good but if you're buying the console for only like... 3 games then kinda a waste. If you can think of five games you want on the system then go for it. If not just leave it

Sup Forums is +18 if you want a switch you don't belong here

That explains why Sup Forums hates the multi-platform master race. Doesn't matter if you have every other console, having Nintendo instantly makes you a baby.

Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade 2
Mario + Rabbids
Runner 2
Dragon Marked for Death

Nigga I own EVERY WiiU game and I can even think of 5 good or better looking games for the thing.

They have extreme compromises forced on them by the mobile phone hardware. The only one with performance that's considered acceptable is Mario and the "tricks" that are used are so aggressive that you can't even definitively quantify a resolution or draw distance.

I like the switch senpai. It's my fave console. If there are five games that interests OP then go for it.

It is not the same

My friend bought one of these and I got to try it last night.

I can't believe how fucking small the thing is, wasn't expecting that.
And as far as any hardware concerns with the thing goes, it seems lot a LOT of that is just console war shit flinging. The only 3 I still agree with are
1. The Joycons lack of a dpad never gets pleasant, it's workable at best and still a fairly sizeable downside at worst
2. The kickstand really was fucking terrible
3. The joycons load onto the Switch from the top, meaning a malfunction could send your Switch randomly plummeting from your hands far in the future

Im surprised how much this thing just feels like a big Vita, a LOT more than it feels like a WiiU, to be completely honest. The clicky as fuck inputs, those sticks on the joycons, when it's all attached to the screen it really feels like Im just playing a wider Vita with the Vita TV part included.

I bought one recently and I have massive buyer's remorse over it. I hope you have better luck with yours.

Youll be associated with these people

It has good games. We don't like those.

No proper games, unless you like kid shit.

>BotW
Decent game, but not worth spending $400 on.
>Mario
literally a kids game. Should not keep an adult entertained for longer than 30 minutes.

What about the cute black girl on the foldout chair in the background?
I think that's a switch too.

You're not that interested in Mario IPs. If you were you would already have one.

>Mario + Rabbids

Just get fucking xcom or any other turn-based strategic game.
Fucking underaged b&

>Mario + Rabbids
>Runner 2
>Dragon Marked for Death
the sad thing is that there are actual games you could've listed like FE:W, BOTW, MK8, but instead you list shovelware and unironically recommend rabbids

Golf Story

Only two games are worthwhile. And that upcoming game that shall remain nameless will sell 90% of its copies because the main heroine is thicc as fuck.

I wanna buy one too, but wont any time soon. Now, if someone were to GIVE me one, that's another story

It has filth like this for exclusives.

I genuinely can't tell which senran kagura rehash this is from anymore. They all look the fucking same, how can a company get away with using the same fucking models and costumes for 4-5 games?

>No proper voice chat
>No true 3rd party games
>Virtual Console has all but been confirmed dead
>No media app's like Youtube, Twitch and Netflix
>2d indie shit everywhere
>It's inevitably gonna be another Mario machine
>They're gonna release a Switch Pro with more RAM and storage
>The portability gimmick is worthless.

1. I own a WiiU
2. Musou is trash, and nuFE is trash
3. I genuinely dislike the changes made to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I think it's a worse game than 8 on WiiU for it's changes

Mario+Rabbids looks like a fun game to play in bed before I fall asleep. Why can't I play both Xcom and Rabbids?
The Bit.Trip Runner games are a blast and 3 looks to be no different.
>Not liking games like Dungeons and Dragon Chronicles of Mystara and Dragon Crown with your friends

You accusing anyone of recommending Shovelware when you're peddling FE Warriors is fucking laughable.

How about you get over your edgy generic realism phase, you faggot.

Do you have any idea how many video games use speedtree? Have you ever felt the need to complain that the same trees appear in every AA/AAA game of the past ten years?
Does it matter if the assets do the job?

>how can a company get away with using the same fucking models and costumes for 4-5 games?

Call of Duty has been doing it for like 10 years now.

Jakub is that you? Time to stop being bitter about the Wii U man.

she's the cutest in this picture

No 3A titles for the future

>Mario+Rabbids looks like a fun game to play in bed before I fall asleep. Why can't I play both Xcom and Rabbids?
rabbids is so fucking easy that i don't think i lost one character in the ~3 hours I played
>The Bit.Trip Runner games are a blast and 3 looks to be no different.
they're literal fucking QTE games
>>Not liking games like Dungeons and Dragon Chronicles of Mystara and Dragon Crown with your friends
yeah but its not worth buying a system for
>I genuinely dislike the changes made to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I think it's a worse game than 8 on WiiU for it's changes
its literally the same game in HD with a new battle mode

>a fucking golf but with story
>not shovelware

no smash out yet, pokemon will likely be shit since gamefreak are lazy fucks.

You ever see somebody who clearly takes Sup Forums so seriously that all you can feel for them is pity instead of anger?

>unironically recommending Musou shit

>>No proper voice chat
You can easily use Discord, Teamspeak or Skype
>>No true 3rd party games
DOOM and Rocket League are on the switch and don't give me shit saying they aren't
>>Virtual Console has all but been confirmed dead
I haven't bothered to see anything on that so no opinion
>>No media app's like Youtube, Twitch and Netflix
Why would you want those on the Switch when you can easily use them on a tablet or phone
d indie shit everywhere
Now you're just lying
>>It's inevitably gonna be another Mario machine
Above answer
>>They're gonna release a Switch Pro with more RAM and storage
In like 2-4 years from now maybe
>>The portability gimmick is worthless.
You can play it in bed, on long road trips, and on plane rides. Portability is a nice touch and you're not forced to use it

I'm just gonna disregard you as a Sonybro false flagger if these are the only arguments you can come up with

Dont people use their phones with like google hangouts these days?
Hell, my family has a group chat just for family discussions and sharing intel.

>No proper voice chat
Cry more, fag. Nobody wants to listen to screeching teenagers and baked retards on mic.
>No true 3rd party games
Ah, so every game that isnt first party is actually 2nd party Nintendo own studios such as Capcom, Bethesda, and NamcoBandai.
>Virtual Console has all but been confirmed dead
Put it back in your ass.
>No media app's like Youtube, Twitch and Netflix
You have a PC, that's what it's for.
>2d indie shit everywhere
Oh you're one of those retards who can't handle 2D games not having epic AAA 3D graphics for sophisticated intellectuals such as yourself. Get over yourself.
>It's inevitably gonna be another Mario machine
Except it already isn't.
>They're gonna release a Switch Pro with more RAM and storage
Except they won't. You're hoping for vapor.
>The portability gimmick is worthless.
Not a gimmick. The Switch is a portable console. Next negative buzzword pls.

its for the kids

bingbingwahoo

500$ entry fee to play ONE game. 60-80$+ for every subsequent game. Games also neer go on sale so good luck getting them cheap.

This is the only reason I've bought one. I'll buy Xenoblade 2 and Super Mario Odyssey. I'll watch Nintendo Directs and anticipate new games. And I'll just enjoy the console. I'm even a poorfag and I saved up enough for one. What's wrong with fun?

>mobile phone hardware.

Name one phone using a Tegra X1.

>500$ entry fee to play ONE game
It's $300 you retard

the real issue with the switch is that its an absolute failure as a home console and as a portable console its absolutely destroyed by laptops in terms of game quality & number of games. i have played just about every major exclusive on the switch and sold all but 3 of them because so many of them are fucking trash. odyssey and BOTW are great but splatoon 2, arms, rabbids, etc are all borderline unplayable. especially with how shit the online is
and the 3rd party ports are cool, but they're way overpriced. skyrim was just $20 for the SE on black friday, and they're selling the switch (which is a non-SE version) for the full fucking $60 still. same story with doom except its even cheaper on the older consoles.

he's probably going to count every optional accessory as mandatory.

Is this correct?

really shit reasons desu

Depends where you live obviously. Here it's slightly above $400 I think.

>and they're selling the switch (which is a non-SE version)

nope

>299-399 for the system
>60-80 for a game
>toss on another 40-50 for taxes

Yeah no it's fucking stupid. I can buy any game I want off a key site for my PC for 50% off or I can even pirate it for free.

>Convince me not to buy the Switch.

Upcoming Switch games that are not on PC:
Xenoblade 2
Metroid Prime 4
SMT V
NMH 3
Octopath
Probably Kirby
Probably Yoshi
Probably Pokemon

Upcoming PS4 games that are not on PC:
GoW
TLOU 2
Dissidia FF NT
KH3
RDR2
MHW
Yakuza 6
Days Gone
Detroit
FFVII
Spiderman
Granblue Fantasy
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Secret of Mana Remake
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS
Trails of Cold Steel
Earth Defense Force 5

gematsu.com/2016/08/cygames-platinum-games-announce-action-rpg-granblue-fantasy-project-re-link
>A release date and platform were not announced, but Haruta mentioned that he “bought a new PC for this” during the event.
MHW and Secret of Mana are also on PC.

>probably pokemon
what pokemon game has ever been on PC?
besides the TCG

where's the new lighting?
where's the mods?
where's the 1080p?
its better than 7th gen console skyrim to be sure but that's it

I work for a retailer and here is our black friday switch stock the day after. no one bought ANY of them. corporate thought they'd sell more, to be fair they were selling them full price.
pic related.
I like zelda and would buy a switch for it alone if it cost 200 bucks but 300 for a switch is too much.

these are the models before they were put into the sails floor.

yes we sold all the ps4s.

Full price PS4?

There is no switch emulator

Where do you work and what country?

ps4 slims had a discount. Don't remember how much but it was a decent deal if I recall. Reg models and pro models were full price.

Im talking about 2018 releases, we dont know if its going to be released next year yet, same with Kirby and Yoshi.

Yeah, my bad.

You don't actually like good games.

Target. USA,

That's odd, our Target sold out of Switches and PS4's, only thing left in stock were some XBO X's.

well like I said they were full price. some of the ps4s and xboxs had discounts. Why buy a switch for 300 when you can get a better console for near or lower then 300.

I own a desktop, gaming laptop, (((New))) 3ds. and a ps4. and I'd own a switch too, IF it was 200 bucks. otherwise I can't justify buying a console for like 1 game, which is zelda.

Unless it gets delayed we are to assume its coming in 2018, they announced it as a 2018 title.

Collects dust once you finish BotW and Mario

I don't think either of those games are bad but they are very overrated and the Switch has other good games.

I'm finding it hard to find a reason not to get a switch myself. I'm just concerned that the battery life on the pad will degrade if it's always docked/being charged.

My PS4 collects dust while I play it, I think that's just how dust works.

>I'm just concerned that the battery life on the pad will degrade if it's always docked/being charged.
That stuff you heard about batteries is complete bullshit spread by misinformed Apple tech support employees.
It's fine.

-$300 is still a lot when you can get Xbone for $200 that does much more and has a better library
-Joycons are uncomfortable and small
-Limited maximum storage space even with SD cards
-Ports play worse than any other system
-3DS is a better portable at half the price (or less)
-No virtual console yet
-Limited media capability
-Game transferring is a huge hassle if you break it

I've only played it once

JAIL

why did I fucking buy this thing

BotW is outrageously overrated and fucking boring. I bought a switch mainly to play it and odyssey and i don't yet have odyssey but I wish I never bought the switch because BotW is boring and I never get the urge to play it.

You fell for the memes.

>and fucking boring

See, I'd respect your opinion if you just called it overrated. But this one is a big red flag. I just don't think that's your genre altogether if you think exploring for the sake of exploring is boring.

>Jakub
Kinda name is that? And no, I'm not your friend, buddy.

It's the best implementation of survival mechanics ever prove me wrong

what i don get is why people want this fisher price looking mofo that can only do 720p inthe age of 4k

I already am user, I go on Sup Forums...

Then I guess the only valid systems people should be playing on are the X and PC.

I like exploring for the sake of exploring.

BotW does not offer good exploration though because the world is so fucking boring.

feels gud

if you dont care for Nintendos library then theres not much else that gonna do it for you unless you want a glorified portable indie game machine

its almost certainly gonna get a price drop next year along with some big holiday release

>because the world is so fucking boring

What about the world is so boring? I find a lot surprises in the interactivity between the tools you get and the world itself.