NEVER

NEVER

EVER

Other urls found in this thread:

redthetrainer.com/ps3/
dropbox.com/s/dex0jnklx4knj1u/MinVerChk.rar
mediafire.com/file/yt5ph1ujrhkp3ct/Rebug 4.81.2 REX 4.82Syscon Thibobo.PUP
releaseps3jailbreak.com/ps3-jailbreak-cfw/
psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-nand-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/
psx-place.com/threads/an-intro-to-cfw-ps3-homebrew-wip-thread.15528/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Caring about the worst revision of the PS3

pc fag here
I bought an used one just to play the Skate franchise
90 bucks

you got ripped.
I bought an used Slim 120gb + 5 games + 2 guitar hero sets + 2x Dualshock3 + HDMI cord for mere 170€, back in 2012.

i don't care about any other game i just play skate 3 in rainy days

Never ever what OP?

>implying you ever needed anything but FATT turbine fan launch PS3

PS3 just got another CFW exploit that doesn't even require a flasher, just the web browser

Newer slims and the super slim entirely are still cucked

This, plus it's stupidly easy to do unless you're a complete retard. Feels good playing all the yakuza and the definitive version of vesperia

post it

HEN ALTERNATIVE FUCKING WHEN

NEVER EVER Get cucked ultra slim fag HAHAHAHA

I think my slim is cucked, I'll have to try but I know I can't install CFW on it by "traditional" ways.

It's basically every model after 2011 that are fucked

Just bought a slim for the exploit and I'm enjoying muh free games right now

How do I take good care of that pile of shit console though? I've heard that 99% of the fat PS3 are fucking dead and that some slims can also get fucked pretty hard. Should I do that fan test thing once in a while?

There's nothing wrong with Slims, they're the most reliable out of all of them. Especially if your model is CECH-2100x or CECH-2500x

My slim never gave me a problem.

But I had a launch PS3 and I can tell you is the biggest shit I ever owned. Broke 4 times.

Check the bottom if your PS3, if it's below 25xx it's good otherwise you're cucked

>4.82 exploit
So does this mean the latest update didn't even prevent CFWing the PS3? Cause mine is 4.81 and I didn't update because people were saying the 4.82 they released recently is a security patch.

4.82 was compiled around August. It was just to scare us

So is there a Sup Forums approved cfw install guide?
Cause I sure am a fucking retard and will mess this up if I try.
Original fat in the lastest firmware I think.

What was it even for?

Dude it's easy as fuck, ou just have to put shit on a usb stick and open the ps3 browser to select your console memory type to flash it. That's literally it, opening a webpage

I'm cucked.

Is there any hope? I'm not really dying for this but it would be sweet.

I think some blue ray shit

They are talking about making a HEN sort of alternative for the unsupported model, so there's probably gonna be something for you, although not in the immediate future, it might take time

Oh well, guess I just have to sell my SS on eBay and hunt for a Slim. not that hard

my slim never gave me a problem either until last week when the power supply went, but i guess that's inevitable

eh I have one of the older slims but not sure if its worth the hassle because I only want to play The last of us

here you go.
>update your console to 4.82 (current OFW)
>download flsh.hex (the exploit), put it on your FAT32 flash drive and plug it into the rightmost (closest to BD drive) usb port
>also download CFW and put it at /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
>go to your web browser, set the homepage to a blank page and delete cookies/clear cache. reboot your ps3
>go to redthetrainer.com/ps3/
>select 4.82 Flash Writer, NOR/NAND (google this, which one you pick depends on your model of PS3)
>click the button, keep trying if it says it fails
>eventually it'll say SUCCESS if it works then your console freezes. Wait 10 minutes and if your console hasn't shut itself off then just turn it off yourself
>try to do a firmware update from removable media, it will detect and install cfw

>Newer slims and the super slim entirely are still cucked

Oh shit, they are? Is it because of factory OFW they come with or something?

What about 2000s?

>oh boy i can't wait to hack my PS3 and play...uhh..um....

Vesperia

Yeah, I think they need to be minver of 3.56 because most CFW shit is based on that FW

wrong friend you also need to qa flag and install rebug. qa flaging turns off anti downgrade checks so it keeps the syscon from panicking.

That's all shit you do after you've got some basic cfw set up

I should be good, right?

>just bought an E3 flasher
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>mber 2010
assuming that reads "Manufacture date: December 2010" then yes, you are good.

Actually says September

still fine

at least you can use it to unbrick if you made a mistake

I will never understand how the guys making all the hacks are actually too shitty to make all of the stuff work for super slims. why don't other companies copy the technology that hinders people from hacking super slims to their newer consoles?

Also pretty fine, but if you look it doesn't have the final RSX revision (45nm i think), whereas 2000 is 60nm. Probably means very slightly more heat. It still has the last Cell revision though. The 2100 is more or less identical to the 2000 but it has the latest 45nm RSX. 2500s are slightly different overall in construction, and not all of them are CFWable.

you could downgrade the super slim w/ this tech, but since the super slim never shipped w/ the explotable firmware (3.56) it can't use this hack.
if someone found a proper kernel exploit in 4.82, it'd be a different story, but this hack just allows an older exploit to be installed.
something more interesting (and more difficult) would be the ability to flash any firmware on any revision of the ps3, but there's probably low level incompatibilities with new hardware (which is why we haven't seen that yet.)

LITERALLY didn't have breakfast yet and it's 18:30, spend the whole day getting this bullshit setup

at least you are able to so go fuck yourself

t. CECH 4004A 4.80 owner

>whole day

How in the fuck, it takes 20-30 minutes tops from start to full CFW

>So poor you can't affotd PS3 games.

Get. A. Fucking. Job.

>not wanting to turn your PS3 into an emulation station
And fuck Sony for taking away Linux and PS2 support, this is how I get that back.

The FTP bullshit kept getting denied for hours and ended up just setting up USB connection on multiman and then got the games off there and had to create ISO images so the games can load on the XMB since it wasn't before.

What even PS3 games are there left to play?

>Tfw playing PS2 and PS1 games on my ps3

Tales of Vesperia with the translation patch

>there will be someone who updates to 4.83 even after getting this final chance to do it

Will mine work?

But I thought the PS3 didn't have any games? I'm confused; tell me how I should think.

This
Probably gonna get MGS4 and Dragon's Dogma later this day

no

Remember it only has games once there's piracy or an emulator

with emulation improving at the rate that it is, why the fuck would I care about CFW?

This might be a good thread to ask

I booted up my PS3 after a year or so of not touching it cause I wanted to play Bayonetta (this is before the PC release, mind you)

I booted up the game via Multiman and noticed one thing: the game's loadings were unbearably slow. I know Bayo1 on PS3 is slow but I got a loading screen while getting out of the pause menu. Does that mean the HDD is fucked or the entire system is?

well, I still liked it

>manufacture date: july 2010
yes

If you want to 100% check if it'll work or not

>Download this dropbox.com/s/dex0jnklx4knj1u/MinVerChk.rar
>Rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP
>Make a folder path on a USB drive that looks like PS3/UPDATE, put file in the folder
>Plug in PS3, go to system update and do update by storage media
>If it says 3.56 or below it'll work, otherwise it won't

I flashed it last night. If I reformat, will it go away or is it still flashed

Slims released before 2011 work fine.
>Dad bought mine in 2010 to play Black Ops
>1 month before 26xx
Thanks dad

Is my fine?

it should still be there since you flashed system rom, not your hdd

Also, remember to allow the console to check the filesystem after 2nd boot. Exiting that prompt will make you have to restart.

I'm a poorfag but I still have like 30-40 PS3 games (counting the HD collections as separate games). nevertheless, hacking the PS3 would make playing games a lot easier due to not being bound to using the goddamn disks all the time

I almost want to buy a fat ps3 just to do this

I have a Super Slim and a regular slim my sister fucking stole. Might have to check that, but my ss is so much nicer. I guess there's nothing I'm dying to play I couldn't find for a few bucks though. but it'd be great to inject whatever ps1 game i want to play onto it

well, for emulation, I have a PC
but removing the PS2-support, well that was indeed a dick move tough

user, be careful you could brick your console

there are 25XXX consoles that can't install the exploit

only those manufactured 2011 and newer

Isn't the PS2 support shit on any model but the original?

It's serviceable.

You don't need to install QA flag just to downgrade from other CFW to install CFW rebug. There is already a patched version of rebug CFW 4.81.2 with syscon 4.82
mediafire.com/file/yt5ph1ujrhkp3ct/Rebug 4.81.2 REX 4.82Syscon Thibobo.PUP

Where does one even download PS3 ISOs, aren't they really large because of bluray?

So, I'm going to guess that this site is bullshit?

releaseps3jailbreak.com/ps3-jailbreak-cfw/

>download PS3 ISOs

from sony servers

See, that's all the complicated shit I need to know in a Sup Forums approved guide.

PROTIP: Make sure your browser has java script enabled in its settings or else the flash writer won't install. I spent hours troubleshooting only to find out that was my issue.

So I hacked my last night and installed Vesperia. Is there anything else I can do with cfw? I know I can never get on psn again but what are my options now? What programs and hacks are worth my time?

psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-nand-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/

>still can't get over the 3.56 hump

why are post 2011 ps3s so hard to crack?

Just ignore this two and follow this two I's simple. Do the exploit and install the CFW from the medifire link if you want the rebug CFW. If you want a different CFW they are listed in the redtrainer website.

>psx-place.com/threads/an-intro-to-cfw-ps3-homebrew-wip-thread.15528/
What's the difference between Standard and Cobra CFW? That link doesn't get into the specifics.