STREET FIGHTER 30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION

12 STREET FIGHTER GAMES, INCLUDING THE FIRST THREE AND ALPHA, ARE GETTING REMASTERED WITH ONLINE PLAY IN ONE MEGA ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION. RELEASING 2018.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vpUXoCqD6GM
twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/939989924727595008
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SWITCH OWNERS BTFO LMFAOOO

WHY SONY ALWAYS WIN
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

lol, that was my first thought.

>Street Fighter II for the switch costs $40
>Street Fighter I, II, III, Alpha I, Alpha II, and seven other Street Fighter games for the PS4 costs $60

Now make a Rival Schools collection so I can play it outside of bad emulations with no online.

Should also mention, only a few games seem to be getting online play. II and III are obvious choices.

Source?
PC?

source: your ass

literally just announced at capcom cup, so far ps4 is only confirmed platform, more news coming soon, releasing may 2018

It's for all systems.

youre idiot

Capvom just showed the trailer.

twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/939989924727595008

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

third strike online on steam huh. gonna be interesting how the online measures up to fightcade

HOW IS MY WALLET GGOING TO HANDLE 2018?!?!?

Switch ver was announced though faggot

cringe

okay but for real what the fuck are the differences between all those sf2 versions

SWITCH
AHAHAHAHAH
SONY BTFO AGAIN !
NINTENDO ALWAYS WINS

>3rd Strike online

That's all they really had to say. I'm in

The trailer literally confirms every major platform (Xbone, PS4, Switch, Steam)

not bad, but one would think they would actually bother to port UltraSF2 first.

Some bug fixes, art and balance changes, Super introduced Cammy and some other characters.

I wonder if it's just an Alpha 3 port or will it be with ALPHA 3 MAX contenr?

Nice. Gonna get the Switch version.

FIGHTCADE

If the emulation of these are good, then I'd be tempted to get this for PS4 and Switch.

PC has Fightcade still.

>all these casuals saying they will buy it when they're not even good at SF in general

lmfao

It's on switch you literal braindead shiteaters.

You'd know if you weren't underage.

>no switch port
Why?

Mite b cool. Maybe finally my fag ass friends will play ST and 3S with me. Apparently setting up fightcade is too complex for them, so maybe this is the remedy for it.

SF2' (CE): added the bosses
SF2 Turbo: balance changes and speed
SSF2: added 4 new characters, stages, updated the game to the CPS2 system and Qsound.
SSF2 Turbo: popularized/created the concept of super moves, added Akuma as a secret boss.

I'll show you how good I am at playing Ken in Third Strike.

Oh god, I hope it has Alpha 3 MAX. I am totally down to bodying some niggas online with Ingrid.

I can list the differences between the versions chronologically but that's autistic and I assume you don't actually want to know

Are you people fucking blind?

It's probably just the arcade version in an emulator.

please do tell me

its clear its the pure arcade versions.

seriously, they should port the old home version features for the modern versions instead of going just with the arcade stuff.

>people saying they will get the switch for online

makes no sense, no one online wants to play a nigga with a laggy connection. If you arent' wired stay off online in fighters in general

>That box art

I don't get why Capcom sometimes gets them so wrong.

Fuck I bought USFII since I wanted SF on the Switch and now they make this? Fuck you, Capcom.

Switch has a wired ethernet adapter you fucknozzle.

>Muhh console version
No, u dumb nigger.

Can't wait to talk shit by rigging my phone to my face. Nintendo is truly our greatest innovator

>SF2' (CE): added the bosses
Also added mirror matches. Something completely new that's taken for granted nowadays since it's become such a staple of fighting games. I honestly wish more games in other genres would catch on and do this.

Third Strike > Alpha > II > Alpha 2 > Alpha 3

cant w8 for third strike online on steam

>6 versions of the same fucking game
>3 versions of the same fucking game
>Alpha 1 and 2

this is fucking pathetic.
Also you can play all of them for free on PC, consolebabbys getting fucked again.

Now we'll get to see him get bodied and ragequit in every version of SF.

Hey at least you got Peeved Ken

>remastering alpha and 3
This kills the SFV

>SSF2 Turbo: popularized/created the concept of super moves, added Akuma as a secret boss.
Also added juggles and tech throws.

is this capcom admitting they fucked up bad with street fighter v?

>12 games
>but 5 of them are just SF2 LMAO!

one of them should have been Super Puzzle Fighter.

So only these games are getting online support? I wish they had picked Alpha 2 instead of Hyperfighting.

>yfw after playing all 12 games at least once you unlock pic related

>one of those is also considered one of the worst arcade games in history.

what the FUCK capcom?!

>Switch has a wired ethernet adapter you fucknozzle.
>using a portable device as a home console
Wew, might as well buy the game on PC if that's the case

Any announcements regarding crossplay between the different console versions?

>We are rereleasing 12 games!
>but like, 8 or 9 of those games, if they were released today would be updates or dlc, and there is a complete edition at the end thats like the only one worth playing.
>also, we are putting online on all of them

Great way to divide the community for no reason other than to make it look like you are offering more.

What is it about third strike that makes it so objectively better than the others?

which one, SF1?

maybe it sucked, but it would be a SIN not to include it, it IS the street fighter collection after all.

>no one online wants to play a nigga with a laggy connection.
If that were true the USA wouldn't have online games at all, as your country is literally worse than Africa in term of ping these days. And it's getting worse soon.

If anything expect the usual PC/Xbone/Switch shit because Sony can leverage their massive marketshare and don't need to support it even though it would be nice

2nd Impact > 3rd Strike > Alpha 2 > Hyper Fighting > Super Turbo > Alpha 3 > Alpha 1

>also, we are putting online on all of them
but that's wrong you fucking idiot

it´s fun and 2fast4u

They aren't putting them all online. You can go portable if you want, I'm not sure if the adapter works through the USB-C port but it's possible it still does.

>Capcom will never buddy up with Arika and re-release the EX games on Steam
It hurts bros

rival school + darkstalkers

NO RAINBOW EDITION NO BUY

>maybe it sucked, but it would be a SIN not to include it, it IS the street fighter collection after all.

i mean yeah you might have a point, but the fact that it will be the exact same SHITTY game with no updates or upgrades means it will be just a novelty that nobody will enjoy, so if the entire collection comes out and its like... 60 bucks (which it will be, because capcum) you are already being ripped off

>The games included are

>Street Fighter,
>Street Fighter 2,
>Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition,
>Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting,
>Super Street Fighter 2 The New Challengers, >Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo,
>Street Fighter Alpha,
>Street Fighter Alpha 2,
>Street Fighter Alpha 3,
>Street Fighter 3,
>Street Fighter 3 Second Impact,
>Street Fighter 3 Third Strike.
Basically, it's four games only.

ONORE RANDI BITCHFOODOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SF1 might be the worst Street Fighter, but it by no means is one of the worst arcade games in history. It's a bad game (that was popular when it first came out, believe it or not, just not as much as its sequel), but it definitely deserves to be included in the collection since it's the start of the series.

Sheet f*cking fighter 1?

Nice try buy SFV has crossplay on PC/PS4.

Capcom have a good relationship with Sony and can just do the same shit again

hurrrr blrr blllrr blblrr

Champion Edition added the previously unplayable Shadaloo bosses to the roster and made them playable

Turbo: HF added new moves to all the characters, things that would become signature moves later in the series like Bison's head press which he didn't have previously

Super SF2: The New Challengers added four new characters to the roster complete with their own stages

SSF2 was kind of short-lived because like half a year later SSF2 Turbo hit which added super meters and the new secret character Akuma, who was banned from every single tournament for having a 10-0 matchup against every character

Across all of the versions were numerous balance changes, graphic reworks, and music changes. For this reason I still prefer to play Turbo HF over Super Turbo sometimes because I like some of the music, sound bytes, and stage graphics a little more over the Super Turbo iteration. After the initial slew of upgrades and new iterations of Street Fighter 2, other post-arcade versions were released such as Hyper Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition, which doesn't get played much and its CPS2 version isn't even on fightcade but imo it's probably the definitive edition of the game. Still later on you get numerous reworks like Super Turbo HD Remix which was shit for plenty of reasons, and the most recent Ultra Street Fighter 2 on Switch which features new changes like throw techs and novelties like custom palette swaps. It should also be noted that in the heyday of SF2, the only home console that actually got a port of Super Turbo rather than just The New Challengers was the 3DO, but nobody bought that overpriced shit.

More like 5, at least. Alpha 3 is vastly different from A1 and A2.

thanks for your crowdfunding

Thats only because the only console that can play SFV is a Sony console.
Sony does not like Microsoft and as long as a Microsoft port exists, there won't be crossplay.

I remember this video once of this comedy group where one guy is just messing about on his Xbox 360 playing Hyper Fighting online, and he's literally just spending ages randomly moving his cursor around and his opponent is counter picking for every character whilst him and his friends laugh over how seriously this random person online is taking SF2.
This goes on for like 10 minutes.

Seems to be missing something

>i mean yeah you might have a point, but the fact that it will be the exact same SHITTY game with no updates or upgrades
Isn't it a point of re-releases?

>means it will be just a novelty that nobody will enjoy, so if the entire collection comes out and its like... 60 bucks (which it will be, because capcum) you are already being ripped off
You'll be ripped off no matter what. You can download these games and play on Supercade

THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE BIRD

meant to say Bison's devil reverse, I think he actually always had head press. My bad

>capcom had switch users buy SF2 for $40
>biggass collection released now for $60
Fucking hilarious. And of course, the only version worth buying will be PS4 where the biggest community will be.

i do remember that once i was reading on a magazine about Super turbo, it was club nintendo mexico.

some friends of my mothers were having a party, and one of them actually mentioned that his son had actually that game, not SSF2, but super turbo.

never believed it really, and im still shocked that the 3do version exists.

Should I buy jive Sup Forums?

thanks my dude, appreciate it

Day 1 buy and I'm an NRSfag. Can't wait to play these games with an actual fight stick for once instead of my PS2 controller.

This argument would make sense if rocket league didn't have PS4/PC crossplay when it's on Xbox too

This. No one wants to play with wifi warriors on the switch.

>street fighter thread with no Minat webms

what is this shit.

Who cares? Fightcade is free and is the only place people play old fighting games. No one cares about Third Strike Online