Kusoge of the Year

We've had so many nominations, Valkyria Revolution, Dark Rose Valkyrie, but which game do you think should take home the trophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ysNCh57OGTE
youtube.com/watch?v=x0z6v4wQy4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

at least blue reflection has a decent battle theme. Other than that it's not very good

>lumping Ys8 in with that trash

nani

>Ys VIII
Nice bait faggot, your mother never loved you

>Chaos;Child
>Kusoge
nigger are you fucking retarded or did you just decide to quit mid chapter 1 and decided it was shit on that alone?

Remember when Gust and Falcom were good?

More like he didn't even touch it.

NISA fucked up so bad they had to apologize 2 times and completely redo their job as well as delaying the PC version forever

MVCI

You should add Akiba's Beat.

The translation is fucking terrible, but yeah. I would never put it on same list with stuff like School Girl Zombie Hunter.

Go fuck yourself

>Chaos;Child
Fuck you.

Okay, but how's the actual gameplay

Is Tokyo Xanadu any good as far as Persona wannabes go?

Completely forgot about Akiba's Beat. What about Dark Rose Valkyrie?

Chaos;Child is legitimately one of the best VNs out there, period. If you just needed a 6th game for your bait image, fine, but don't put actual good shit there.

Falcom is still pretty good.

And I don't remember Gust ever being good because I never played Mana Khemia and that's like the only series of theirs that I ever hear non-divisive opinions about.

>Nights of Azure
I bought this (pre-ordered in fact) and still haven't played it. Is it any good at all?

Nights of Azure 2 is easily the worst. Seriously just get into the tutorial gameplay and you can already tell that it's going to be absolutely dreadful.

The first one is better. Somehow.

The first two Ar Tonelico games are pretty fucking good, as were the PS3 Ateliers.

First one is worth playing for the story and characters
The second is just worse in every single way

Is there a single game that can beat out BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle for Best Kusoge 2018?
>Big sprite dump crossover clusterfuck
>TWO regular attack buttons, the rest of the controller is mechanics
>Auto-combos mapped to those regular attack buttons
>Start each game with enough meter to do 80-100% combos on first touch
>Insane comeback mechanics that let you do even easier 100% combos
>Fucking RWBY of all franchises gets the only new sprites
>Still looks like a fun evening with friends
The only blunder would be no Kanji or Tager.

SG/ZH is the worst, but it's also okay that it's the worst because I expected a shitty bad zombie movie tier plot and that was exactly what I got. Also the theme song justified the price of entry. Not as good as Oneechanbara but some decent absolute shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ysNCh57OGTE

I know this is a shitpost but I will bite. Ys 8 is great. The translation has nothing to do with the quality of the game that Falcom produced.

I haven't played the new Tokyo Xanadu but I do not want to believe it is as bad as the other stuff in this pic.

Xanadu just made me want solo Adol adventures again. Party system was a fucking mistake.

Speaking of Falcom, they are releasing slightly updated (graphics) versions of Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 on the PS4, in Japan, individually. Sadly, with their dissolved relationship with XSeeD, who knows if we'll every get those games?

We'll have both of the superior PC versions soon though

Pretty much this
The price is a bit too high for my taste so I'm waiting for a drop

>Tokyo Xanadu

What? I'm really enjoying it. It's trails mixed with Ys.

Fuck off

Blue Reflection was a shit game?

I was thinking about picking it up.

You act as if you've played anything but Ys 8 in the OP.

I'm having more fun with it than P5 which i dropped 30 hours in.

is school girl zombie hunter fun

Best Persona game that launched this year.

Didn't one of the XSeed guys turn out to be a pedo enabler?

when is the fixed translation for ys8 supposed to come out?

It's good.

Xanadu is definitely better than everything in pic related. Equal to Ys 8

No, he was a Nazi apologist.

I know Nintendo had a female employee, and that various online forums had problems with them, I think the only thing XSeeD was guilty of was self-censoring a KKK reference, along with losing several games from long running series, due to other localization companies bidding on the licenses at the last second.

>Sadly, with their dissolved relationship with XSeeD
has hatsuu committed sudoku yet?

One can only hope.

>Chaos;Child

Fuck off mate. By the way I love my wife even if she's ugly as shit.

Honestly saddened about that one, but it's because they're more focused on porting existing franchises to PC that they lost them. They don't have the manpower to do both.

Though to be fair NISA couldn't either, so everyone fucked up badly.

>Sadly, with their dissolved relationship with XSeeD
>got a PC port of sen 1
>getting a PC port for 2 next year
>Zwei 2 came out this year
Ys 7 PC port this year
>Zwei next year
What the fuck are you smoking.

>day meme edition

Why should she when Xseed is still bringing over Falcom games?

>unfinished translation
>not even a fucking dub
it's shit

pirate it if you want to try it. don't give akshit your money.

Their weebshit probably sells more than the good stuff which is honestly saddening.

Don't worry, she improves post-cure.

>Blue Reflection
Never played but it's nu-gust so most likely trash

>Tokyo Xanadu eX+
Falcom's weakest modern title. Was obviously made to pander to otakus only. Character interactions can still be fun. On Chapter 5 currently

>Ys VIII
Absolutely amazing game not even close to being bad. Got 100% for it 3 times since I played the JP releases too.

>NoA2
Same aa Blue reflection

>SGZH
Never played it but looking at gameplay it looks fucking terrible. I think this wins the trophy.

>Chaos;Child
Literally a kamige kys if you think it's bad. We are blessed to get Uta 2&3 plus C;C in the same year.

Ys 8 was plucked from the company, when they had already decided on a localization team. NISA and other companies are trying to muscle in on XSeeD's territory and companies like Aksys were able to get the license for Japanese voices in Tokyo Xanadu. Something XSeeD was strictly prohibited from doing for almost (if not all) of their Falcom releases.

I honestly forgot about Utawarerumono, haven't even touched the first yet despite meaning to. Is it really that good? I played Tears to Tiara II before and the tacked on gameplay was more of a bother than anything.

Xseed weren't prohibited, it was stated that they preferred doing Dubs and thus didn't have the budget for japanese audio. It was their choice.

>Senri, a 18 adult, post puberty fully developed woman is shorter than Uki, a girl with hormonal problems who didn't even start puberty yet

Wew.
Still best sciadv girl though.

>unfinished translation
that was the vita
>dubfag

>translation

The ex version fixed that. The vita version still has the shitty translation tho.

>looking at the first few games in image
>oh its a "its also on steam thread"
guess i was wrong

>spouting bullshit'
Xseed has said plenty of time they where not allowed to use the JP audio for cold steel 1 and 2.

Not him, Mask of Deception was my first true VN(unless you count SRW games as VN) and I enjoyed it. My only complain is that some character hit and injure the MC all the time just because he say dumb things, it gets old after the first few times.

I was going to say. I remembered them being completely denied the choice for dual audio.

Even the shittiest japanese game is still better than modern western AAA games.
The Kusoge of the Year should be Mass Effect Andromeda or Dawn of War III.

I bought it twice, enjoyed it and put >30 hours into it. I probably couldn't call it "good" in that I could recommend it to anyone, but I think it depends on what you want out of it.

>Still best sciadv girl though.
Excellent taste. I haven't heard great things about C;C Love ChuChu, but I'll buy fucking anything that gives me more Senri if they by chance ever decide to bring it over.
No chance at all.

NISA should be taken out back and shot.

They've lost Compile Heart shit from adding in memes, though IFI toned down memes there were still a lot that remain hamfisted. Overall the games have improved in their localization.

They lost Gust games when Koei Tecmo acquired them.

They cut content and localize on par with Treehouse.

Can't even deliver a fucking game on platforms when they promised it. All versions were absolute shite and even require a retranslation.

Tears to Tiara 2 does not compare to Uta. The battle system is a lot more refined. The first game might feel a bit dated and if it does I recommend watching the Anime (It skips one major plot point, but you can read up on it.
Even then the sequels make it obvious). Uta 2 is slow and has a lot of SoL but its purpose is to build the world and the payoff is huge because the 3rd game is undoubtedly a masterpiece.

you guys gotta try new vns

>unless you count SRW games as VN

To be honest, you should. The average SRW probably has as much text as the typical long as fuck VN. Main reason why actual finished fan translations are a legendary feat.

Wasn't @1's script the size of 1,5 times War and Peace or something like that?

Chaos;Child is great you tasteless idiots

Reminder that JAST fucked the contract for Chaos;Head and now it will never be localized.
Also Noah never.

Tears to Tiara II was a pretty brainless strategy JRPG. UnderWaterRayRomano is still pretty simplistic, but challenging. Especially the post game battles, where weak characters are completely surrounded and mandatory for certain battles.

>Steiner is sitting on top of a translation that will never be released

Is the choas;child english patch out on the pc version yet, the stein;gates0 dudes were doing it apparently

Only the finest light novels and anime titties for him now.

They said it'll be out early next year last I heard.

The only game I played on there is SGZH so I guess that has to win for me.

I unironically enjoy it for some reason.

Not him but I'm playing Mask of deception right now. I played a bit of Tears to tiara 2 and liked what I played.
I don't know what it is about these games, the music, world building, characters, it's all so comfy.

They said they are still working on it but no concrete release date still. It's been 2 weeks and 4 days since they said that

Its fun in short bursts, but its hampered by long load times between stages and dying/trying again -- game lacks a simply "retry" button. Story is whatever, game is fairly short. Pick it up around $10-$20. While I've played NoA2 yet, SGZH is the only mediocre game on there; rest are fun.

I loved Ys, should I pick up Tokyo Xanadu?

It plays similar enough to Ys. I'd say its worth it if you enjoyed Ys.

It comes across as being so low budget and cheesy its actually not bad.

Cherish it while you can. Soon it will be only suffering.

>Sup Forums has already forgotten about this

youtube.com/watch?v=x0z6v4wQy4c

What about this one?

It's more like Cold Steel + Zwei II. The animations look so stiff compared to VIII and bosses are even easier in it. Bosses were tanky as hell though so it took forvever to kill them. But through all that I had my share of fun. Definitely try it out but it's nowhere near as good as Ys VIII.

Oops.

Xenoblade 2.
Characters are absolutely awful. The game runs like shit. Plot is disgustingly cliche. Villains don't even have decent motivations. Not open world. No mechs.

Like, why would you create a game that is so inferior to a fucking wii and wii u game.

Valkyria Revolution is fine gameplay wise. Most people just don't like the setting and the anime swordsmen which I don't like either.

choo choo

>Not open world.
Not enough continuous flat land for you to hold left stick on?

It started off really cool, and even showed potential enough to compete with Lost Dimension. Then around 75% of the game, it breaks down into the usual Compile Heart collectathon with vague instructions.

Did no one else play this?

what's wrong with it?

Nope. It got delayed too many times I stopped caring. Also fuck right off with that price, Victor.

>Ys VIII
>kusoge
Fuck off.

>Gaijinworks
Why would I?

The translation is completely serviceable, just bland. It's still a fantastic game and the translation is getting fixed so OP is just a huge faggot who's trying to bait out "anime posters"

I did.

Most of the Summon Night games were never brought to America. Yet there is nonstop references to characters and storylines from past games, as in, the entire game. It's basically a game dedicated to hardcore fans of the series, while the consumer base wouldn't even know 95% of the characters.

>compete with Lost Dimension

Geez, lost dimension was shit. Was it really that bad?

I think that user liked Lost Dimension