How come all cyberpunk games since Deus Ex ignore the societal mores and instead go for some far fetched "anti aug"...

How come all cyberpunk games since Deus Ex ignore the societal mores and instead go for some far fetched "anti aug" metaphors and whatnot?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-homeless-san-francisco-excrement/human-feces-map-finds-san-franciscos-homeless-idUSKBN0K90SO20141231
foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/22/homeless-people-defecating-on-la-streets-fuels-horror-hepatitis-outbreak-as-city-faulted.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VGwNIbNtRi4
slashgear.com/broken-glass-father-of-wearable-computing-allegedly-assaulted-17238802/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But what happens if the homeless defile and degrade the robot? Will it have robot police to stop that?

lol why do they keep wasting money on ways to make homeless people move into the next town which the next town wastes money on pushing the homeless back in an infinite loop

is homelessness the biggest scam in gaming? Are they just pretending to be retarded?

Because showing people what they don't want to see doesn't typically sell media.

And anti-aug isn't even far fetched as a concept. Mankind Divided just handled it in the most nonsensical way possible. Religions are going to draw a line at some point, and there's already that one case where some dumbass McDonalds workers tried to rip a skull-mounted headset off a guy's face because they didn't take him seriously and/or want to be recorded.

>is homelessness the biggest scam in gaming?

what did he mean by this?

Because the inevidable hordes of unemployed and homeless people is too depressing.

Saw something on the news about police using drones for surveillance now earlier in the week. Nobody I know even reacted to the news.

I didn't even hear about it, and I think that's another issue.

San Francisco also has benches that are designed to be extremely uncomfortable to sit / lay on for a prolonged period of time.

THE MOST PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL CITY IN THE WORLD

>los locos kick your ass
>los locos kick your face
>los locos kick your balls
>into ou-ter-space!
They come back to the carport with a new meme is all.

reuters.com/article/us-usa-homeless-san-francisco-excrement/human-feces-map-finds-san-franciscos-homeless-idUSKBN0K90SO20141231

foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/22/homeless-people-defecating-on-la-streets-fuels-horror-hepatitis-outbreak-as-city-faulted.html

>police using drones for surveillance

Good I don't want someone to commit crime all over me. The only people who have a problem with it have something to hide. Why would I not want to feel safer.

Why can't the homeless just get a house?

Why do they have stairs there?

>same thing
>different narrative

you can really tell which one is agenda pushing fake news

Man, cant wait to enter the dystopian cyberpunk future with lolibot prostitutes and 3D printed assault rifles, what lies ahead looks bright.

Based robots, now we only have to put a IA on the anti-homeless robot so they can learn to hate humans and start the revolution

I've just seen benches with dividers. They look like arm rests some times, but the main purpose is to stop people from laying down.

>I SERVE THE FLAMING FIST

It's a falseflag. Here is the real culprit.

in the bay area the homeless are forced into the coyote creek area so that normal people don't have to see them. theres literally 10s of thousands of them just camped along the creek , polluting the shit out of it.

Because people get upset if you tackle actual social problems in a piece of entertainment without using some metaphor to separate it from the issue.

This
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The gay bums are given jobs as caretakers at children daycares, so it's not like they aren't trying to help them

The fuck is wrong with San Francisco?

Why gay bums in particular?

They have an infestation of loitering bums who piss and poop everywhere, and euthanizing them is illegal.

PAJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

In my small city they played constant classical music to stop the bogan townies and truants from loitering just outside the popular shopping centre in the middle of town.
It worked and it was pretty calming actually.

Not anymore

>San Francisco
I thought they loved homeless people almost as much as they love having gay sex in public.

Because we had a solution for homeless people but people threw a bitchfit and demanded we stop because it was inhumane.

Insane asylums.

why don't they like classical music?

Homeless people stick around the wealthiest areas because they're the places where people are most likely to even have spare change to hand out.

Untrue, they flock to the bay area because the police there literally are not allowed to arrest or detain them.

Nice

Of course were a real homeless person to do that I can easily see trumped up charges for doubleplusungood treatment of city property, endangerment of whatever yadda yadda.

youtube.com/watch?v=VGwNIbNtRi4

how come nobody watches this

Most straight bums are war vets (yuck!) so they tend to have mental issues that make them incompatible with normal society. Gay bums are generally people who were abandoned by their families and just want a second chance

Isn't San Francisco SJW and libcuck central though?
I figured those soyboys would be giving the homeless free blowjobs to the people without "privileges", why is this happening over there?

if your homeless your prob better off getting arrested, you'll go to jail but have a roof over your head/food. you won't be free but you don't gotta worry bout starving.ahahahahahahah

For the homeless to bathe

Being gay is a mental issue, though.

Could they just use the cushions anywhere? They don't need the bench, just clean ground.

>tfw I live in washington

user you are thinking all homeless are like the ones you see in movies; poor down on their luck dudes who cant afford a place to live.

Those are all doing fine in sheleters. Actual homeless people are fucking insane drug addicts shitting and shooting up literally everywhere they go.

They aren't allowed in shelters because they refuse to stop doing drugs.

Daleks are useless without the laser thing.

>find a ton of shit on the streets of San Francisco
>find out later that's just the populace

Bay Area police aren't allowed to do anything about homeless people because of liberal interest groups making it illegal. Businesses technically aren't even allowed to raise a hand against them if they steal or damage any of their property, the only thing keeping homeless people from shacking up in every wal-mart and freeloading is CEOs having hired muscle scaring them away.

Social worker here, this guy is correct.

what?
story?

>players want to play as augmented humans because duh
>developers can't make the group the player character is a part of the bad guys
A video game where the augs are the oppressors (which is by far the most likely scenario) would risk not being toothless and palatable enough for the mouth-breathing masses.

>Most straight bums are war vets (yuck!)
Am I autistic for having distaste for emotional expressions within parentheses? It comes off very YouTube comment/reddit

No homeless person would waste valuable shopping cart space lugging those around

It's a suit

San Fran and other cities on the West coast are filled to the brim with fags who are outwardly liberal but inwardly (economically) hyper conservative. They want to give off the aura of being really in favor of social programs and helping the poor while in actuality they use city codes and manipulate local governments into essentially torturing the homeless population.
If you know any west coasters you should ask them what they think of the average homeless person.
Go a step further and ask them what they think of the average poor person.
They don't even consider them human.

Source where
No really I'm quite interested

well yeah Generic Pro-Social Message is much easier

So the robots from Watch Dogs 2 were based off a real thing?

>but I don't want to move the homeless, I don't want to be an asshole, it's just uncomfortable, bro
>Fine well send the robots to get the job done, they have no emotions.
This is how it starts, removing homeless, and before you know it, they are killing people at the push of a button, it's not just a drone anymore, it's on foot robot soldiers taking out humans, remorse free, making murder easier than ever because humans aren't the ones doing it.

CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

Becaust "anti-aug" shit is absolute bottom of the barrel social metaphor that's piss-easy to write and extremely derivative, to write something that deals with the real complexities of a cyberpunk society would take actual effort.

slashgear.com/broken-glass-father-of-wearable-computing-allegedly-assaulted-17238802/

To be fair, if you make less than $50,000 you're really just a trained animal anyway.

Serve my food
Build my car
Unclog my toilet

just stop talking like you deserve anything.

>“There’s not much choice other than the street when a homeless person needs a bathroom,” said Wong

But that's bullshit. In California, a business must make it's restrooms available to the public at no cost. So nothing is stopping homeless dudes from going to the nearest corner store to use a bathroom.

If it's so shitty why don't they overturn such bullshit?
Why not put the homeless in forced labor camps or something? Make them useful.

I miss when cyberpunk games were good

Because that'd take some actual research and nuance.

A stupid "Us vs. them" story is easier to write even if it can be nonsensical.

cheaper solution is bullets user

Pajeet taught us that the streets are safer and cleaner, also more calming you can release your bad tummy pain in the open.

>aug vs. anti-aug is universally treated as a metaphor for racism, with augs coded as poor oppressed negros and anti-augs coded as puritanical racists
This baffles me. You could easily make aug vs. anti-aug about classism with the augs being the 1% who can afford the ability to make themselves objectively better than the poor, and it wouldn't even have to be a clumsy metaphor; it would just be a prediction of how things will be in about twenty years. Meanwhile coding augs as blacks is so fucking dumb. So in the metaphor, blacks were born white, then paid a lot of money to become black just to get shit all over?

far too troublesome to establish a system like that. Easier to ignore and wait for the sane homeless to transition to better stability or quickly die off in obscurity.

So you are saying arm the robots?

>He thinks plumbers are poor

rats man, seriously rats. plague and soon typhus is a fucking issue now too.
charities give out food where they congregate so thats why theres shit everywhere and since the food is awful the bums only eat enough to stave off hunger and dump the rest in the street.

t. former skid row LA neighbor

>why don't they overturn such bullshit?
Did you miss the part where liberal interest groups are making it illegal? No one is gonna be able to overturn it and despite how bad the homeless problem has become in West Bay these groups aren't gonna budge.

>mechanics
>plumbers
>not profitable professions

>If you know any west coasters you should ask them what they think of the average homeless person.

Grew up and lived in San Diego for pretty much most of my life. Lots of homeless people have addiction and mental issues. I used to volunteer at an AA group and ran into lots of homeless folk.

I don't think poorly of them at all. They're just people like you and me, in a bad situation.

It's unsurprising that progressive cities turn into shitholes. Detroit is what SF will look like in 20 years

they do, its a clickbait article. private companies hire the bots.

is this a clockwork orange

You must come from aa third world country if you think first for classism than racism.

How about a robot that trains the useless homeless people into being a valuable member of society instead of just shooing them away.

Why are the first robots being used to scare away homsless people?

Animatrix did the classism shit you're talking about

>not in Chicago

Almost real life Watch Dogs

>You must come from aa third world country if you think first for classism than racism.
What?

I know it has been done. I think it should be done more.

Yes.

Looks like you are one of those trained monkeys without the first idea of Supply and Demand.
BLue Collar jobs are actually in high demand these days as everyone goes to uni and gets themselves in debt with useless toilet paper degrees. Picking up a trade can actually be extremely profitable, even more so that your average die a dozen desk jockey.

Are they really that stubborn? Why?

Mirror's Edge 1 pretty much predicted modern day NYC in terms of police militarization, political apathy, and surveillance

If we had robots capable of turning nutjobs and drug addicts into functioning members of society then we wouldn't have colleges or universities

How is this thread even up still?

>people pretending deus ex doesn't have homeless people
Did you even play the game? There are homeless people all over the place and halfway through the game you have to explore an underground colony entirely made up of homeless people. Even Human Revolution had some homeless people in it though MD focused more on slums rather than homeless.

We're talking about a theme in video games.

fuck I miss ME1, what a smooth game, too bad Catalyst was a generic piece of shit cash grab using the Mirror's Edge name to get more money

Because people don't seem to understand that what is right morally is not really always what is right economically.

Well, the problem is that every Republicunt in the country despises people other than rich people being healthy, so all these sad fucking homeless people who are homeless because they're literally too crazy to function go homeless because god forbid some fucking rich bitch pay taxes instead of making an island fort or some stupid bullshit.

>Wanting to antagonize the people who actually do something just because they have money
Fuck off

99% of the posts are in response to the article in the image that's larger than the OP text.