Yakoozies thread?

Yakoozies thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tCMe28dmEsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a1cFBtr-ryU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel like Yakuza just got recently really popular

Am I crazy or some of the upgrades in Kiwami actually downgrades?

I didn't realize until it was too late, but one of Beast mode's most useful heat attacks only works in Climax Heat, and by increasing my normal heat blocks, I almost never get access to it now, which makes Beast style kind of useless.

You can thank everyone's Favorite Yakuza, Okotte Josuke

Chaotic neutral was a real nigga. Can't remember his name though.

Just beat yakuza 0, seems like theres a fuckton of things I missed. What should I go and do now? Good ass game by the way, are the others as good?

tfw you use up all your staminans to use your favorite heat move

meanwhile Rush style gets super BUFFED

Jo Amon difficulty:

Kiwami 2 = Ishin>Kenzan>3>2>1>>>>>Zero = Kiwami>5>4

which yakuza game has the full version of vf5 final showdown

oops, didnt mean to quote you.

thanks

Does the circle button in Rush style do anything special? It just seems like a big shitty kick.

I thought it was a guard breaker.

playing yakuza 0, but i can't figure out the girl phone minigame, aren't the controls spin and hold the right stick? that seems to do literally nothing.

>YakuzaTrash
not even once

R1 + O is a parry

>Tales of Irrelevancy
?

Thats bad because a part of why you forgot is because they didnt do too mich with him. His name is Homare Nishitani

Is he really a BAD-boy?

instead of picking up weapons you kick physic objects at dudes

I love Yakuza 0, but it's fucking awful of capturing that '80s Japan feel. The game could have just taken place today with all the modern looking people on advertisements and the female side characters all based on modern JAV idols. Reina is the only female character who looks like she's from the '80s, and Awano/Kuze the only male characters. So they tack on a disco mini game and a bag phone substory to remind you: "HEY, GUYS! THIS GAME TAKES PLACE IN THE 80s, REMEMBER? YEAH WE FORGOT TOO, SO HERE'S THIS DISCO MINI GAME WITH A DAVID BOWIE PARODY" And what the fuck is up with the modern sounding electro music soundtrack?

Having watched a dozen vaporwave/future funk music videos on youtube, I'm a certified expert on '80s Japan nostalgia. So I should know, guys.

I too resent all the nerfs that came with each new game
I want to wreck losers and feel good doing it, who needs "game balance"?
It's a single-player game

I suspect the devs deciding to care about game balance is why Taiga Saejima will never reappear, other then that they keep recycling his story arc

youtube.com/watch?v=tCMe28dmEsQ

who /tranquilo/ here?

>Loved the fuck out of 0
>Cant find the time to finish the last boss fight in Kiwami because getting shot by that asshole on the helipad and having to press a quick time event to get back up is tedious after the 100th time

who /100%allyakuzagames/ here?

i can't do the shogi/mahjong/sports/fishing stuff at all.

Literally not a single good game

i'm probably going to 100% them all when i get the time.
only one i've done so far is 0, 5 looks like it'll take fucking ages to do.

shogi can be done by finishing the puzzle challenges all the time for completion, no need to learn the game itself.

mahjong is a make or break for every 100% completion. its a fucking mess, but made me a mahjong guru

Fishing got waaaaaaay easier since Y3, how is it troubling?

But seriously, what is this guy's name again?

>he's not a mahjong expert by now

>5 looks like it'll take fucking ages to do.
and you're right, it has the most content in the series, and it took me 315 hours to 100% in JP version

>in JP version
what the fuck user

That's why I avoided some of the upgrades. Noticed how some of them just make it harder to pull certain moves.

Joe "Angry Joe" Vargas. A youtube game journalist. Here's his review of Yakuza 0
youtube.com/watch?v=a1cFBtr-ryU

i mostly get confused on when i'm suppose to pull in the fish, i might just have brain problems.
good to know with the puzzle challenges for shoji.

no amount of reading these mangas can keep the knowledge of this game in my head.

the drunken moves in yakuza 3 i remember were horrible to learn, cause they'd completely kill your buzz, but also it was easy to accidentally pull them off when you wanted another move instead.

Shibusawa's the fucking shit.

He had the right mindset of being a yakuza.

>What women see
>"Oh my god! Ryuji and Kiryu are SOOO gay for each other!"
>What men see
>"Woah! What a powerful display of raw, unconstrained M A S C U L I N E power! Who cares if they're naked? It's not gay, it's M A S C U L I N E."

yeah, getting the physical version of 5 has its consequences

>literally slaps his ass
totally not homo since balls didnt touch

if you fail that QTE tho
blondie will grab you by the balls then toss you

I mean it's hard to believe they care about "balance" when the game right before this one allowed you to infinitely upgrade using a resource that was insanely easy to get by design.

It just feels like they took Kiryu, who could do a lot of stuff already, and broke him up into 4 shittier versions of other characters with less utility.

its part of why i can't wait for the new guy, yakuza really does need a breath of fresh air.

>You save someone and they give you a Tauriner

Does anybody use these?

I wanna believe. It really seems like them letting you play multiple characters/having multiple fighting styles was just them being terrified of people getting bored of Kiryu. Maybe they'll dial all that back with the new guy.

if anything, kiryu's fighting style changing, and newer characters is whats made me sick of kiryu, i liked his older moveset better, and any good parts about his movesets keep getting put into either separate styles or different characters.

>he doesn't drink energy drinks just for the sake of fueling your chad energy

It's because Yakuza 0 being a prequel makes it less of a dumb decision to buy it with no experience with the franchise.