I'm bad at building computers

I'm bad at building computers.

Is there any way to safely buy a pre-built system that I could pick away at?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230256
originpc.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP here, I mean in terms of upgrading single parts. Like buying a unit with a great processor but shitty graphics card.

Newegg

>go to a computer shop
>pick out the parts you want to be stuffed in
>get the shop to build it for you
>at most you'll just have to pay a small amount of labor fee

>get the shop to build it for you

isnt this expensive

like auto mechanics charge $90/hr

Their not working on a car, sweetie

Building computers is literally easier than pre-school lego sets though

mate if you're good at something you don't do it for free

especially a niche skill like pc building

christ

I think cyberpower lets you pick parts and they assemble it for you and send it built

>pre-school lego sets had mm thick pins that could bend easily and cost hundreds to replace if broken

cease your shit opinions

>skill like pc building

Negotiate the labor fee beforehand then. We usually charge labor fees on a per part basis, not a per hour basis. I usually charge $5 per part and the total labor fees just comes to around $30 or so. Sometimes cheaper.

>PC building is hard

Try Logicalincrements or ask Sup Forums. I'm sure they'd be happy to help you.

It’s just riskier legos. READ THE GOD DAMN MANUEL AND LOOK IT UP. EZ PZ

Pre builts come with shitty PSUs. They gimp them to prevent you from just upgrading your parts. If you're patient, occasionally check clearance shit at walmart. They sometimes get "gaming" towers but due to their high price they never sell and drop to as low as $200-300. Theyre a decent start.
You'll need your own monitor and kb/m obviously.

>pins
If you are so retarded that you manhandle pins hard enough to break them, yeah maybe you shouldn't build a computer, let the big boys at ibuypower make you one and charge you 2x the price

Let me guess, you're a millennial

shit example desu

If you're on Sup Forums you're either a millennial or genz, and millennials are definitely the least pathetic of the two.

Are you retarded? I'm not asking rhetorically to insult you, I am asking you if you are legally and clinically retarded; if you were born with an extra 21st chromosome. If you were dropped repeatedly on your head as a child and now have to wear a helmet while you ride the shortbus to school. Because unless any of those things I just said are true, you have no fucking excuse.

>t.millennial

Mechanics shops aren't expensive since working on a car is hard, they're expensive since working on cars is itself expensive. Most jobs can be done by an everyday shmuck with youtube but having the tools to pull it off is a different deal.

When you need to spend $50k USD on a scan tool to make the "Change Oil Soon" notification disappear on a Mercedes, 80k+ per lift, 100k on an alignment machine that doesn't risk rim scratches, as well as all the other shit that runs thousands like the massive space needed for operation and you get $90/hr being pretty reasonable as a labor rate

Computer shops don't have that kind of overhead, get an all-in-one computer assembly tool kit, google some shit and you're ready to go.

there are people who build the computer for you. All you gotta do is pick all the components, pay for delivery and 'labour'.

Why pick components when you can buy prebuilt? Poorfag much?

>wasting money on prebuilts when you can literally build a PC with identical if not better specs for less money the vast majority of the time
Feels good not being a brainlet.

You unwashed plebs shouldn't be allowed to post here desu.

We saved Net Neutrality just so people can shitpost with...shit
>why

>especially a niche skill like pc building
stick to consoles if you honestly believe this, you're too stupid to operate one

Ironic shitposting aside, I'm glad brainlets with deep pockets exist. I've easily fleeced a few for thousands of dollars in profit each for just buying parts and putting them together neatly.

if you're past 35 and still posting on Sup Forums you should either consider suicide or getting friends which ever is more covenant

I just recently built my first dedicated gaming computer (7700k w/ water cooler. 16gb RAM, 1080ti + 6tb HD/500gb SSD), it really isn't hard at all man. Just take your time and watch youtube videos - you'll save some $$ this way and also it'll end up a heck of a lot tidier than if you get someone else to smash it together. Cable management etc pays off 100%.

Just take the plunge and do it yourself!

OP here, found a prebuilt:

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230256
Ryzen 3 1300X (3.50 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
1 TB HDD
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB GDDR5

thoughts?

>I'm bad at building computers.
Have you tried it before? I tried it and yeah it was a bit arduous mostly with the amount of force required on some things but it turned on normally the first time. Plus you save on the OS since you can use KMSpico.

For real, you can build the pc with your hands on the desk youre gonna use it on.

Nobody is giving OP the straight answer he's looking for

You can buy a few years old office shitbox as long as it's got an i5 and at least 8GB RAM under the hood. You can drop a low profile GeForce 750 or 1050 into it no matter what kind of shitty power supply it has, but NOT anything more powerful than that like a 1060.

Voila, $300 machine that crushes most games at 1080P high detail and all you have to do is open the case once and snap one card in.

>turned on normally the first time

yeah thats not reassuring

What the fuck? How are you supposed to open a metal box without breaking it?

At this point you probably do not want to go with a 750. Too many games are starting to require more

>he didnt build his first pc on his bedroom carpet and have a massive spark fireball appear out of the $5 chinese PSU when he turned it on

Y'all are too cautious

net neurtality should be enforced and you should get everything free

tyba

Well yeah if you fuck it up then it won't turn on normally so I guess that is a bit scary. There's some spoopy shit you can get, like it turning on for a second, going to BIOS, and then shutting down immediately.

Here's your (You). Millennials are the only ones who know how to piece together PCs. Anyone over 35 is fucking clueless or they were the original bunch of people who actually did work on computer science.

Most office shitbox motherboards dont have PCIe slots though

Agreed, I'm thinking too historically

I'm trying to think what the first great no-power-supply card was. The Radeon 5670?

But yeah unless you're working with a $70 budget there's no reason to at least drop a 1050TI in anything

Well yeah, if they're Pentium 4s from the dialup era

I'm in a room with an HP 6200 that I bought for 85 bucks and it has a PCI-E slot plus an i5 Sandy Bridge that's nowhere near top of the line but is still more than relevant for every game on the market today

>put together my first computer
>read a few sites listing what was good to have on hand and how to do it
>quite a few of them say to have bandaids ready as you will end up cutting cuts
>didn't even cut my self once and started to wonder how retarted these people are, who did
Also only took me 6ish hours in total to get it up and running. Which includes installation and trouble shoot. My two biggest problems were, thermal paste wasn't applied properly first time around so just had to re apply and i didn't pyt the power pins fornmy gpu in correctly and actually had trouble with it as they didn't seem to want to go
I then spent a weekend later doing cable management as i was bored
Easiest thing i have done especially because there are so many websites and info with the mobo that tells you exactly how to install something

I mean some do but I dont think its the norm. A friend of mine buys tons of computers from local businesses when they replace old ones, refurbishes them and resells them. They are all i5s and i7s and most of them dont have PCIe slots. Either way its something to keep in mind.

My first empty ATX case was a cheap beige Chinese one

It was made out of fucking razor blades

I've never encountered the problem again

> SIX HOURS
>S I X
how do you value your time so low where you would rather spend 6 hours than pay $50

Not him but building a PC is very useful knowledge as you may need it in the future to troubleshoot failed components and know which to replace and how to do it.

It only took me 2 hours to put together.
2 hours to install everything needed
2 hours for cable management a weekend later
I also don't rush things. A lot of the time of cable management and installation of drivers and stuff was spent talking to people or doing house chores while waiting

You should never buy pre builts, they're often overpriced and often will underperform what you expect, just build from 0.

Remember to do it on a carpet and wear a wool sweater.
Computers are electrical devices, introducing the parts to static electricity will help them function better.
Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Try asking shop to build it for you.

originpc.com/