Why did they have to ruin this game by putting in a timer?

Why did they have to ruin this game by putting in a timer?

the devs added a sense of urgency by adding a timer to the game

the repetitive gameplay and boring story are what ruin the game. co-op is alright though

>DR1
>Co-op

i agree,i hate being rushed its also why i never played majoras mask

nvm I was thinking of DR2 lol

The timer gives the world a sense of urgency and believability. Without it, you end up with a static world found in the later games, where none of your actions feel as if they matter. Many people believe Dead Rising's purpose is to give you an open playground to kill zombies, but the zombies themselves are an obstacle and a mean in which to support the theme of the story.

>lol

Go back to Neppit

The game isn't supposed to be a playground. The timer is the object that makes it feel like things are actually changing, like with the super-night time zombies and new psychopaths popping up.

WEEEEEELLLLL HE AINT MY BOY

>the game isn't supposed to be fun!

Personally, I feel like the timer is what made Dead Rising franchise stand out among the avalanche of other Zombie games we have gotten.

Removing that and the ability to use the majority of items in DR4 is what killed the franchise for me. Its pretty bad when that game makes DR3 look like a goddamn masterpiece in comparison.

That timer is pure pleb filter

Canadians ruined the series like they ruin everything

>ruin
OP, you're a fucking pleb and a massive faggot for that matter.
Anyways, Dead Rising thread.

Remove the time limit

Then what?

You can solve everything your first time and the game has no replay value?

OP you're a faggot brainlet.

Nigger, the timer is the thing that makes it fun by gradually introducing new things as time goes on. If you just want to fuck around, then simply fuck around. Your level and whatnot carries over.

You can farm for 20 hours just messing in the mall and then attempt the best ending as you BTFO everything in the game.

People who complain about the timer are casual shitters.

ok

Just play Dead Rising 4 if time limits bother you so much. It's basically Dynasty Warriors with zombies.

The timer makes it fun. Challenges are fun

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL

Just ignore it and sandbox.

>all these timer lovers
I'm glad none of you will ever reproduce.

Sup Forums sings Gone Guru when?

What should I do if he ain't my boy, but the brother is heavy?

The Dead Rising 1 demo is unironically the peak of the franchise.

>you will never experience marathoning for that 7 day survivor achievement for the first time again
Where does the time go?

The timer is so lax that if it gives you a hard time you are a legit baby.

Yeah, I usually hate timers, but I did like how it made the mall feel like things were changing and made you try to make the best of your time and weapon experimentation rather than just running to the nearest chainsaw store before every major encounter.

I did enjoy screwing around after I saved and didn't have to worry about the timer for a while though.

I thought I'd hate the timer, but without it, the game wouldn't be great.

Did he take away your possessions, and move into a Chevy?

You're missing out because MM's time limit isn't a problem:

>You can go back in time and keep progress like beating dungeons, getting masks etc
>You can slow down the flow of time with the Ocarina

Yeah, that was his master plan.

HE AIN'T MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY

BUT THE BROTHA IS HEAVY

There's actually not enough to do on the third day lmao

GAVE AWAY MY POSSESSIONS AND MOVED INTO A CHEVY

Never played dead rising, but a timer in an open world survival game sounds like it would be terrible.

Are you Canadian, by any chance?

the game has ng+ regardless of what ending you get so its fine.

>open world survival game
It was big, but it was still all in one mall.

Or at least the first game was.

VAN, YEAH THAT THE MASTERPLAN

@OP
The timer makes the game fun.

Play DR2:OTR freeplay mode or DR4 and see how boring that shit gets. The timer and multiple endings arw what made that game.

I'd probably have gotten bored of DR1 pretty quick if the time management wasn't in there.

DRIVE INTO THE WOODS AND EAT CORN OUT THE CAN

Does rescuing survivors change the ending, or is it just for trophy purposes?

Without the timer, DR just turns into a boring zombie musou.
Evidence being DR3 and 4.

YEAH I GAVE IT ALL AWAY, THE HARD ROCK BAND

Dead Rising 3 gives you a choice between the casual 6 day timer, or the normal 3 day timer though. 3 is fucking great.

I would love for there to be a combination of DR2 and Overwatch. Could you imagine the mall, all of the shit going down, zombies, hero classes, timer, deligating tasks based off of archetypes, 6 person co-op. Shit would be fire.

3 was alright and I definitely like it better after playing the absolute travesty that is DR4. The weapon lockers, garages and how survivors are handled definitely trivialize any sort of challenge the game could have had though.

Kinda for trophy stuff + Prestige Points(the game's experience points).
Mostly for PP.

I like having all that stuff for second play through stuff.

Also has anyone tried this mode yet?
I'm aware of DR4's entire shit, but I'm talking about this one mode, for now.
Looks fun, better than what DR4 originally was, anyway.

I only have the cash for either DR1 or 2, which should I get?

Problem was that the weapon lockers and garages were made available to you from the get go. You can boot up the game for the first time ever, go to a weapon locker and whip out a minigun or that quintuple shotgun straight away.

I say start off with the first, best one in the series, and a good entry point to get into the series.
If you decide on DR2 though, be aware it's done by another developer than the first, but has co-op.

It's on sale on PS4 store right now. I haven't played any of this series, but i'm a fan of Resident Evil. Would i like DR? I have to say, i rather buy my games on disc, but i'm tempted because i could literally buy it right now digital.

I finished the game in 2 days and got the best ending on my first attempt. I was really expecting it to be much fucking harder. Only time I died was at the last boss battle.

The real reason that killed the difficulty for me was the weapon locker. I went to my safehouse, loaded myself up with miniguns and shotguns, then went out and just destroyed everything in a few hits. All bosses were 100% jokes, it was like playing with fucking cheats.

The timer is literally the best part and why DR1 is practically the only open world game I like. It forces you to be moving towards a goal and doing something at nearly all times to accomplish everything in the game instead of just letting you shit around while also letting you do everything (even better is the game DOES let you shit around if you want, and is even sort of encouraged due to the leveling and NG system).

I personally love DR1 the most. It has the best balance between comedy and seriousness. The zombies are the most varied and expressive in DR1.

The only problem it has for noobs is that the beginning is the most unforgiving in terms of getting the first set of survivors to the safehouse. After that it's smooth sailing though.

Also, don't be afraid to gain a couple levels at the start and then reset+ to keep level ups.

>lol

I vastly prefer "open town" games (for lack of a better term) to "open world" games. Like whenever I start up something like Just Cause 3 I'll have fun for a few hours exploring the insanely huge world and all that but after a certain point I get burnt out since I'm just aimlessly drifting from place to place until I've seen enough despite maybe seeing an eighth of the world at best. But in something like Yakuza I can know that city like the back of my fucking hand and it never gets old.

No game would exist without the timer. Everything is based around it.

This is fairly different from RE in terms of gameplay but if you like open world, horror, beat em up type gameplay, this should be good for you.

good bait. legit got mad when I saw it

You might in that they're both sort of cheesy zombie games but they're way different genres.
DR2 OTR is digital only for PS4 so I guess you could grab that one to start with without having to worry about a physical.

They're on sale digitally for $8 or $10 without PS+ and the physicals are only $20 so you can always buy a physical copy of it later if you end up liking it.

Yeah, I much prefer a smaller map with changing events and lots of interactions to a massive map with nothing to see in it.

YEAH BREATH OF THE WILD

Neat. People are starting again to bully "lol" posters

DR1 is the better game overall due to its balance of fun, tension, and good game design but DR2 is infinitely better to fuck around in.

My advice, play DR1 to partake in all the memes here, because it's genuinely a modern classic, and then later on play DR2 for the sake of it. Personally I don't think it matters whether you get the original game or OTR because in my opinion Chuck is a solid protagonist.

and yet "lel" and "kek" and "jej" and whatever bastard mutations are allowed to roam free.

Fuck you niggers I'm taking lol back.

Because you are doing nothing of valor to the thread and instead you are trying to derail it with your useless posts DESU.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL HE HATES THE TIMER AND HIS WEIGHT IS HEAVY

>DR2 OTR is digital only for PS4 so I guess you could grab that one to start with without having to worry about a physical.

So, are you saying that for having the whole collection on PS4, it's digital only, since the second game it's that way? That makes me want to buy it digital.

>if you like open world, horror, beat em up type gameplay, this should be good for you.

Sounds like everything i like in one package.

I might go for it, it's already in my kart. On the other hand, what i really want to buy it's BB DLC (The Old Hunters) but i think they never put that one on discount. I only have 12 USD on my wallet (enough for Dead Rising, but not enough for Bloodborne DLC).

GAVE AWAY HIS FUTURE AND WANTS TO BE A JANNY

nyo is hot

DR2:OTR > DR1 > DR2 >>>>>> Anything elsw

Pretty much yeah. DR1 and DR2 have a PS4 physical. DR2 OTR is digital only.

ANIME GIRL

THE GROUPIES, THE BOOZE, THE ALL NIGHT JAMS

Get out you fucking casual and/or LEAF.

I must have played that shit at least 50 times back when I was underage and had no money to buy the game. I've pretty much memorized that one area of the mall.