What did you do to him?

What did you do to him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gM3nHu58ScE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you play New Vegas? There's not enough handholding for me, I went into a quarry and got gangbanged by deathclaws.

talked to him about bottle caps

If you're trying to reach New Vegas without heading South, you should head towards black mountain (right of quarry junctions assuming your coming up the I-15) and find the little pass behind the first checkpoint.

I was playing as a Lemmy-style Biker guy and I decided it was a little too risky and insulting that this guy had been following me for so long. A little too creepy:

>Enter VATS
>Head, head, head

killed him because I liked this clothing.

youtube.com/watch?v=gM3nHu58ScE

If it's your first play through restart and pay attention to the world and the dialogue from NPC's. Several character explicitly tell you not to go north of Goodsprings because it is too dangerous.

There are also plenty of signs scattered around the area that warn you of what lies ahead and tell you to turn back.

If you want your hand held then let the game hold your hand. By skipping dialogue and not paying attention to your surrondings you are denying yourself that and only make things harder.

Here's what you do senpai
>get the stealth boy from the GS schoolhouse safe
>use it to sneak through the pass in black mountain, the one where the large boulder rolls down
>take the armor from the dead NCR soldier near there
>go to camp McCarren
>put on the armor to disguise yourself as NCR
>use the monorail to get onto the strip

First time playthrough I think I shot him by accident out of paranoia.

After that I just talk to him since I know he's a harmless NPC.

It sounds like it is this user's first playthrough.

So I would strongly advise against:

>"ooooh that's right, here's what I got"
>shoot him after

pickpocked him because he seemed sketchy, and it turns out the fucker was still collecting star caps. I killed him on the spot because lying is against the 10 commandments bucko

no it sounds like it was a bait post that everyone is now responding seriously to.

stealing is also against the 10 commandments

Yeah, you're probably right. Regardless, actual first time players that wander into the thread will get proper advice.

Is it really stealing if he's already dead tho?

Melted him during the Goodsprings shootout.

Turns out, running face-first into the laser pistol of someone with 10 luck is a bad idea.

you picked his pockets before he was dead

He woke me up while I was sleeping so I panicked, closed the dialogue box and shot him to death.

I killed him for focking lying about having bottle caps.

where exactly does he spawn once you pick up a star cap?

This fucker always appears at insane places for me. In the middle of a fucking firefight, surrounded by super mutants, or in the middle of the deathclaw quarry. I'm not ashamed to say that I always gut him, gotta get them fucking caps.

Anywhere near you. There's a screenshot of him showing up in mothership zeta

Same thing I did to this guy.

I imagine he's the monster from it follows and see how long I can avoid him while doing the Primm quest.

stealing them from him gives negative karma, but outright ganking him doesn't

I saw him running at me from a distance and killed him thinking he was an enemy. Then I found out enemies showed up in red if you aren't using a red pipboy

This motherfucker has caused me to almost shit my pants more than anything else in life. He will always wait until I am crouched at the bottom of the darkest cave or building while intently looking for movement ahead of me before he comes up from behind to "Hello there, Almost took you for a raider"

Did you guys do the right thing with the Brotherhood bunker?

killing is against the 10 commandments too

I usually let him go about his way. For bastard characters he is a good early source of barter hat, though.

Once he said the star caps lead to treasure I murdered him to see if he had any star caps. Turns out he had a good bit. For someone living in a wasteland he really should've known better.

>minding my own business exploring hidden valley after dark
>heavily-armed niggers start firing lasers without warning
>later place a bomb collar on my neck so I have to run their shitty errand

I know they were legit in the right for behaving like that, but I still blew up their bunker cause I'm as much of a petty fuck as Dean Domino

If blowing up their bunker because House said so is the right move, then yes.

He tells you even if he had them he'd lie to you, basically admitting he was still collecting them

he didn't claim not to have them, he said he stopped collecting them. considering he has barely a handful of them, he probably did quit, and just keeps them as a personal memento. he doesn't try anything shady and he'll even sell you stuff if you speak to him again before he vanishes. Tomas on the other hand, is far too dim witted to keep that necklace.

only correct answers

>bring the brotherhood follower you meet on the road with you
>thinks you want to help
>tfw you actually recruited her just to make it easier to kill everyone she knows

>lies about being merchant
>admits to stalking you
>ask you if you have blue caps
>denies he collects them
I killed that shady old bastard before he finished talking. Clearly his intention was to steal your caps or the entire conversation would have been pointless for him.

Was TRYING to play NV today..keeps crashing to desktop no matter what fix mods i put in it....im sad now

Same here I even did the guide where it helps with performance issues and still got it shitting on me after a week.

Get NVAC and the 4GB loader

beat him until he's almost dead, put a slave collar on him and then make him part of my inconsequential named npc collection in my slave camp

Raped him

Blew them up. If I recall, if you spare them in the independent ending, don't they go around stealing people's tech and shit? I just wiped them out in all non-NCR runs because I don't tolerate thievery.

Pull the trigger on every nigger am I right?

how far can you even go before this fucker catches you? Assuming of course you avoid every enemy encounter along the way.

He approached me in my Novac hotel room so I could easily kill him and still his star caps without anyone noticing.

>Kill
>Loot
>Resurrect
>Repeat

They do. Even in the "best" endings where they form a loose partnership with the NCR, they sperg out about anyone besides them having advanced tech, power armor, etc. Greedy fucks

Idk I gave up on escaping him many playthroughs ago. Nowadays, I just look forward to killing him and looting his corpse.

This be a good set up for a crit build run on very hard/hardcore enabled?

Strength 6
Endurance 5 (6 with implant)
Charisma 1
Intelligence 7 (8 wi)
Agility 7 (8 wi)
Luck 9 (10 wi)

Tagged skills: Guns, Repair, Sneak

Traits: Built to Destroy, Skilled

>complain about shit like this in a review on steam
>"not Obsidian's fault you have no troubleshooting skills :^)"

he behaves sort of like the hit squads, he has dozens of spawn locations around the map and he'll "reset" at one of them if you fuck around too much and he can't reach you.

I blew them up because I wanted to bully Veronica.

Telling her I did it is incredibly satisfying.

You can actually use the monorail?

you're joking, right

>says hes a cripple
>attack him
>he stands up and fights back

not that user but i've played through new vegas dozens of times and never known about any monorail

you ever go into camp mccarren? you never wondered what that extremely loud, periodic sound was?

i don't ever recall some loud periodic sound desu senpai. but i never really did linger there much longer than i needed to to progress shit and then go

I kill him every single time, without fail.

then you've been missing out on one of the major sidequests that colonel hsu gives to you. you can also get it from vulpes.

I replayed recently and from the way the conversation was going I figured he was gunna try and ambush me later.
I shot him in the back.
Guess I was wrong.

i guess i've got to do another playthrough sometime then, fuck

Abuse the shit out of unreachable places for melee characters.

I run with the following:
S4+1+2(Implant and Reinforced Spine)
P5+1+1(Implant and 1st Recon Beret)
E8
C1
I9+1(Implant)
A5+1+1(Implant and Lonesome Road SPECIAL point)
L8+1+1(Implant and Lucky Shades)

Tagged skills: Guns, Lockpick, Speech
Traits: Good Natured and Skilled, then switch to Built to Destroy and Fast Shot after you're completely finished in Goodsprings so you can get all of the skill checks

>crit build
>not using energy weapons
top kek.

>not being a critical cowboy

It's like you don't use a shotgun to destroy your enemies

gave him the 1-2 mayweather

What's the best mods for New Vegas to make it look not so dated.

I only had one playthrough so I never really recognized this guy's pop scare potential. Just completely forgot about him.

With a keyboard and mouse

You can very easily step by the deathclaws following that very road and reach the strip at level 1

I already knew I could find these caps by opening and drinking sarsparillas, so I didn't care about any he might be carrying.
So I killed him.
For his hat.

mods?

>bit of inquiry
>"You should head south, pass through the town of Primm. You could go north, but traders avoid I-15 like it's the plague. Lots of deadly critters up there."
>Oh boy, better use the I-15

Pickpocketed him.

This is one of the things I love most about this game.
It was the first time an npc gave me advice instead of a thinly veiled quest lead. Usually when someone says "there are bad guys here" its the signal to go there and clear out the bad guys. So I did this, twice, and got my shit absolutely pushed in.
I was immediately hooked.

if you go far enough to the right so the deathclaws won't aggro, you will encounter nightkin which are a pain in the ass at low levels. then there is that smaller pack of deathclaws waiting for you to jump down from black mountain. a stealth boy is the only reliable method at such a low level.

SARSAPARILLA

It'd odd how they didn't make so his legs WERE crippled, because if you look in VATS it'll show that they're just on the verge of being crippled.

Were the BoS as big cunts in Fallout 1 and 2? If so I don't see how anyone likes them.

Stick to roads and just fuckin wander

>they're cunts for not wanting drug addicted wastelanders running around with military grade technology
>they're cunts for having what is still the most stable society in the wasteland even after suffering massive losses at HELIOS

you mean doing their quest to learn how to use power armor then playing back the audio recording with veronica in the presence of the elder then completing the quest with house with veronica in tow all in a span of minutes?

yes

>melting with a laser weapon in 3d fallouts

I managed to do it by sticking to the right of the road, almost to Neil's shack, and then immediately turn right when you pass the entrance to the mountain and stick to the rocks. You may have to jump from rock to rock to throw off any death claws who get alerted and then run when you have your chance. I've done it now dozens of times.

He killed himself on the mines on the bridge at prim

the problem is that there's nothing but open land in front of the deathclaws and they will chase you, and outrun you. if you're doing it without a stealth boy i'd imagine you'd have to climb further up the mountain and risk a deadly engagement so you can come down where repconn headquarters is.

>Fallout 1
No, but still pretty closed.
>2
The Brotherhood was barely in the game.

Kill him for his caps and 308 rounds

I assume you don't mean the first deathclaw, he isn't a problem to take out at level 1 with a bit of work. The ones further ahead on the open land can be avoided by sticking to the rocks. If you run one way to draw their attention on a rock they can't access then run the other before they have time to come round to another rock, then repeat, you can continue until you reach the highway. Once you're there they'll already have given up chase.

i'm talking about the ones in that little alcove at the base of black mountain behind the train station. there's two or three walking around, that's where you would come out if you took the mutant-less path through black mountain. you can't avoid them, there's far too much distance before you can get to higher ground, which is the building over the ant mound.

Try doing as I described. I've successfully done it many times as I said. You need follow the road by the quarry until you can't access the foot of the mountain on your right anymore, then you turn right and stick high on those rocks and time your movements from rock to rock to avoid the deathclaws in the open.